• Published 1st Jan 2018
  • 4,433 Views, 86 Comments

Through the Mirror - MiraculousDragonMaster



What if instead of Spike, it was all of the Mane 6 that entered into the parallel world to get back Twilight's crown back from Sunset Shimmer? Along with the help of a different group of friends who had their friendship broken?

  • ...
6
 86
 4,433

Staying in the Library

Through The Mirror

Chapter 10

Staying in the Library

After that conversation with Sunset Shimmer, the Mane 6 were back to wandering around the school. They had no idea where to go once the school was completely closed for the day. Twilight had suggested that they stay in the library, if they only knew where it was. Plus, they could do some research about how to blend in.

Suddenly, Twilight bumped into someone in the chest. She was losing her balance and was about to trip over her feet and fall onto the floor when an arm snaked behind her waist and caught in midair. Twilight looked up to see who helped her, and a blush came on her face when she recognized the face. It was the same human boy that she had bumped into earlier.

The boy laughed. "We've got to stop bumping into each other like this." He said jokingly.

Twilight still felt like she couldn't speak. Now that she got a better look at him, he was actually kind of cute. Rainbow Dash cleared her throat, snapping her out of it.

"Yeah, uh, we should." Twilight stammered nervously as the boy helped her steady herself. "Not exactly the best way to meet someone."

"By the way, I'm Flash Sentry." The boy introduced himself.

"Twilight Sparkle." Twilight answered, a red blush appearing on her face.

"Nice to meet you." Flash said with a smile.

Applejack nudged Twilight in her ribs, reminding her of what they were supposed to be doing. Twilight glared at her for a moment before turning back to Flash.

"Um, since I'm new here, do you know where the library is?" She asked.

Flash nodded and then pointed down the hallway. "Just down this hall and it's at the end of that. If you want, I can take you there."

Twilight felt her face turning hot and pink for some reason. "Um….sure." She eventually complied.

Flash smiled again. "Okay." He said. He started to walk in that direction, with Twilight following close behind. The other girls shared a knowing look between each other before catching up with them.

Flash then realized who was behind him and Twilight. His eyes widened in surprise, and the Mane 5 prepared themselves to retell the story of how they "got back" together. But instead, he beamed at them.

"I won't ask how you girls got back together right now, since I need to get back home, but I'm glad that you are." He said.

The Mane 5 had their own eyes widened, but didn't question it. Flash then looked back to the front, a sad look on his face.
"I just wish that it was the same for me." He added.

Twilight tilted her head. "What do you mean?" She asked.

Flash began rubbing the back of his head. "When I was in my freshmen year, I used to have really close friends, kind of like them. Unfortunately, during the span of one week, they all started to turn on each other, leaving me caught in the middle. Eventually, our band of friends was no more."

"I'm sorry." Twilight said.

Flash smiled softly. "Even though I have new friends, if I'm being honest, they were nothing compared to the friends I once had. They used to hate me, but now, they can at least tolerate me being around them, even if it is one at a time."

"Why did they not like you?" Twilight asked him.

Flash looked down, shame in his eyes. "Well, I hated myself for it, but I used to date Sunset Shimmer."

"What?" Twilight asked, shocked. Behind them, the Mane 5 had stayed quiet for the whole conversation, and as much as they wanted to exclaim out loud, they all just had their jaws dropped.

Flash nodded. "But I broke up with her a few weeks ago." He said. "I'm still amazed that she hasn't tried anything to hurt me yet."

Twilight was wondering about that for a second. "Maybe she's just waiting until she has the power to do something really bad."

Flash looked over at her with confusion. "I take it you ran into her today?" He asked. Twilight nodded, and he could see the nervousness in her eyes. "Don't worry, she still scares me, too."

Twilight gave him a faint smile.

"And here we are." Flash said. Twilight looked ahead and saw the double doors that led to the library.

"Thanks for walking me here." Twilight said with a grateful smile. Flash grinned back at her.

"No problem." He said. "It was the least I can do." He then turned to walk away and out of the school. "I'll see you tomorrow."

Twilight slightly blushed. "Uh, yeah. See ya tomo-tomo, ha, ha." She stuttered as he disappeared out of the main doors. "Why am I stammering?" She asked herself.

Applejack then came beside her. "I think I have an idea." She said with a teasing grin. "Someone's got a crush." She then nudged her with her elbow.

Twilight felt her face burn bright red. "N-No! No, I don't!" She denied, quickly crossing her arms and turning away from her friends.

However, Rarity came to the other side of her. "She does!" She squealed excitedly. "She absolutely does!"

"Don't be ridiculous!" Twilight continued to deny. "I don't even know him!"

"But you bumped into the guy twice today already." Rainbow Dash pointed out, a smug smile on her face. "If it's a coincidence, it's a pretty big one."

Twilight finally opted to change the subject. "Let's just get inside the library." She said.

The Mane 5 all gave each other knowing smiles. "Whatever you say, Twilight." Pinkie Pie complied. As they entered the library, they didn't notice Snips and Snails nearby, having their phones in their hands, chuckling.

Twilight tried her best to not squeal with excitement as she and the other girls looked around the library. There were two floors, both filled with tons of bookshelves. In the center of the room, there were a few large devices on a large circular desk.

But what caught their eye was the three young girls in front of one of the devices, which Pinkie quickly identified as computers. They looked like human versions of the Cutie Mark Crusaders, which included Applejack's younger sister, Apple Bloom, Rarity's sister Sweetie Belle, and Rainbow Dash's little sister figure, Scootaloo.

They were watching something on one of the computers, and the volume was a little too loud. One of the administrators, who looked a lot like Cheerilee, the teacher of the Crusaders back in Equestria, came up to them.

"Uh, girls, what are you doing?" Cheerilee asked them.

"We're just seeing how many hits our new music video has gotten." Sweetie Belle explained to their teacher.

The teacher watched the music video for a few seconds until she muted the volume, getting the students' attention.

"No! The school computers are for research purposes only." She said firmly.

"It's just as well, y'all." Apple Bloom said. "Some of the comments about our song were really awful." She then started to read some of them. "'Epic fail'... 'Funniest thing I've ever seen'?!"

"Funniest thing they've ever seen, huh?" Sweetie Belle grumbled under her breath.

The Mane 6 all tried their best to hold back their giggles that were building up. They definitely were like the same Crusaders from back in Equestria. But before the Crusaders and Cheerilee could turn to them, they, excluding Twilight, rushed to different parts of the library to hide.

"Uh, I don't know that that's what you should take from." Twilight muttered to herself as she walked over a bookshelf to begin her research of how to blend in this strange new world.

During the next couple of hours, the Mane 6 discreetly began to research through piles of books. Twilight would act a little clumsy, along with Rainbow, AJ, Rarity and Fluttershy. But Pinkie quickly helped them learn how to do things with her strange know-how of this world. All the while, they didn't notice Snips and Snails taking pictures of some of Twilight's awkward moments.


Eventually, the sun had already set in the sky, and the moon was shining silver light into the darkened room. Everyone had already gone home, and the library was closed. The only ones left inside were the Mane 6, who had hid themselves from everyone else on the second floor of the library.

Soon, Twilight closed another book and yawned. "You girls ready to get some sleep?" She asked.

"Way ahead of you." Rainbow said. Twilight turned to face her and saw that her friends had blankets for them, arranged to sleep under the glass roof to watch the stars.

Applejack brushed away some dust, coughing slightly as she did so. "It's a little bit dusty. But it doesn't seem like anyone comes up here a lot."

"It's perfect, girls." Twilight said with a fond smile. She then came over to them and snuggled in between Pinkie and Rainbow.

"So, how did your research go?" Pinkie asked her.

Twilight held out a blue book with a yellow horseshoe on the cover. "I found this book." She said. "It's called a yearbook. It seems to be something they use to keep a record of things that have happened at the school."

She opened the yearbook and started to flip through the pages. She stopped when she came across a photo of six young boys sitting together. And they all looked pretty familiar. "Look." She said, pointing to it.

"That's Cheese Sandwich." Pinkie recognized.

Rainbow then recognized one boy with light blue skin, green eyes and wild navy blue hair. Back in Equestria, she had a few posters of him, she saved his life, and she saved his pie. "Is that Soarin'?" She asked.

"Hey, there's Spike." Applejack said.

"And Discord." Fluttershy added.

Rarity then saw a boy with cerulean blue hair combed neatly, matching blue eyes and white skin. He definitely looked familiar. "Is that Fancy Pants?" She asked, pointing to him.

"You mean the stallion that didn't criticize us for being 'rustic'?" Rainbow asked, doing air quotes with her hands.

Rarity nodded. "Yes."

Twilight then saw the last boy in the picture. "And there's Flash Sentry." She said.

"Oh, look at all of them." Fluttershy cooed. "They look like they're friends."

"They look like they're friends with each other." Twilight said. "But it doesn't seem like they're friends now."

"Not so much." Rainbow emphasized.

"I just can't help but get the feeling that Sunset Shimmer had something to do with it." Twilight said. "And not just them. But also with your counterparts. They sound like they're not friends either."

"I wouldn't put it past her." Applejack said in agreement.

"But she wanted your crown because she's planning on doing something even worse." Rarity said.

"If we're gonna stop her, we have to focus on making friends here." Rainbow said. "Can't worry about why those guys and the counterparts of us aren't friends anymore."

Pinkie then stifled a yawn as she began to snuggle into her blanket. "Even if most of them remind us of friends back in Equestria."

Twilight sighed. "You're right, girls. Eye on the prize."

The Mane 6 then all bade each other good night and they soon fell asleep watching the stars. Though before the Princess of Friendship drifted off, she still couldn't help but feel like there was something that she and her friends could do to fix a broken friendship.

Author's Note:

A/N: Yeah, if you caught a certain reference, congrats. I just had to insert it! It was just too cute! And it is a reference to one of my favorite scenes in one of my favorite TV shows.

Okay, since I don't know what else to say now because I'm starting to get a little tired, until Chapter 11, I'll see y'all! Please let me know about what you think.

Got to fly! ;)