• Published 1st Jan 2018
  • 4,444 Views, 86 Comments

Through the Mirror - MiraculousDragonMaster



What if instead of Spike, it was all of the Mane 6 that entered into the parallel world to get back Twilight's crown back from Sunset Shimmer? Along with the help of a different group of friends who had their friendship broken?

  • ...
6
 86
 4,444

Principal Celestia and the Fall Formal

Through the Mirror

Chapter 6

Principal Celestia and the Fall Formal

Soon, the girls had arrived at the office of Principal Celestia. Twilight was just about to knock on the door when Rainbow Dash suddenly grabbed it.

"Hang on." She whispered, so that the principal wouldn't hear from behind the other side. "I think only you should go in."

"What?" Twilight whispered back.

"Dash does has a point there." Applejack quietly joined in. "This could be the reason why the Princess back in Equestria didn't want us to come with ya here in the first place."

"I agree." Rarity said softly. "If we have counterparts in this world, which thankfully are not right here now, we can't exactly act like ourselves if there are other versions of us in this world. We are already causing enough suspicion as it."

Twilight quietly groaned. "Fine."

"We'll be waiting right here." Fluttershy assured her as the five girls sat down at the seats beside the door.

Twilight slightly smiled at her friends, though she was still nervous about going in the office alone. She then knocked on the door.

"Come in." A voice called.

Twilight came into the office while bowing her head as she walked. Watching from their spot outside, the girls shook their heads. Pinkie quickly whispered into her ear.

"She's the principal, not the Princess." She corrected her before the principal caught her.

Twilight quickly stood back upright before she quickly closed the door behind her.

Then, she turned to see Principal Celestia, reading from a folder. She reminded Twilight of the Sun Princess back in Equestria, with the same white skin, light pastel hair, and violet eyes. She wore a light yellow jacket under a white blouse, with a sun pin on the collar, purple pants, and matching shoes.

"How may I help you?" Celestia asked, not looking up from the folder.

"Um..." Twilight trailed off. Celestia looked away from the folder and gestured for her to continue. "My name's Twilight Sparkle. I'm new here, and, well I understand that Discord found a crown this morning and gave it to you."

"Yes." Celestia said, standing up from her desk and heading to put the folder away in a drawer. "I had Vice Principal Luna put it somewhere for safekeeping. No idea how it ended up on the front lawn."

From outside, the girls shared a confused glance. Vice Principal Luna? Now there's a counterpart of Luna here, too? How many familiar counterparts are there in this world?

"Were you interested in running for Princess of the Fall Formal this year?" Celestia asked Twilight.

"Uh, no." Twilight said. "Not exactly. Well, the truth is, well you see, the crown is actually-"

"What is she doing?" Rainbow quietly hissed from outside the office. "She's not planning on telling her the truth, is she?"

But then, Twilight stopped. "Princess of the Fall Formal?" She asked.

Celestia checked something off her calender. "It's Canterlot High's big fall dance." She explained.

"Like the Grand Galloping Gala." Twilight compared. The girls waiting outside slapped their foreheads.

"The Grand Galloping Gala?" Celestia asked.

"Oh, uh, it was a big deal over at my old school." Twilight quickly covered up.

"And was there a princess?" Celestia questioned.

"Yes." Twilight answered. "But she wasn't exactly a student."

Twilight suddenly saw three photos nearby that had Sunset Shimmer in them. The first one showed an innocent and happy girl, the next one showed Sunset's growing pride, and the third showed her looking like she had conquered a world.

"Here at Canterlot High, the students select one of their peers to represent them." Celestia explained. "She receives her crown at the Fall Formal."

Twilight began thinking as she started out of the office. The girls immediately bolted for a new hiding place.

"You asked me if I was interested in running for Princess." Twilight said. "Can anyone run?"

"Yes." Celestia said. "You just need to let the head of the Fall Formal planning committee know you'd like to be on the ballot." Before she closed the door, she then asked, "Is there anything else?"

"Um, nope." Twilight answered. "That was it."

"Well, if you do need anything else, my door is always open." Celestia said, and then she closed the door.

Once the door was shut, the other five girls came out of their hiding spots and joined Twilight out in the hallway.

"Twilight, were you seriously going to tell her that the crown was yours and that you want it back?" Rainbow asked her.

"I was going to." Twilight admitted. "But imagine if one of them showed up in Equestria, saying that they came from a place filled with tall, fleshy, two-legged creatures with these?" She held up her hands for further emphasis.

"We already know that they're called humans." Pinkie pointed out, sounding like it was obvious."

Twilight ignored her. "We'd think they were crazy!" She finished.

"You do make a pretty good point, darling." Rarity said.

"Looks like if I want my crown back, I'll have to become Princess of the Canterlot High Fall Formal." Twilight proclaimed confidently. "So, that's what I'm gonna do!"

"And how exactly do ya plan on doing that?" Applejack asked her with a raised eyebrow.

Twilight froze. "I have no idea!" She exclaimed.

Rainbow groaned. But just then, the bell rang again, and once more, the hallways began getting crowded with students. The girls had to dodge them to avoid getting pushed around.

"We're doomed." AJ said dryly.

Author's Note:

A/N: Sorry for such a long wait. Things on wattpad have been going slow and wacko lately, and my school work has been really getting on my nerves.

Also, usually I would post this on Fanfiction first, but right now, there's some technical difficulties going on right now. Again. Just perfect. :ajbemused:

Anyway, I hoped y'all have enjoyed this short filller chapter. Please let me know about what you think.

Got to fly! ;)