• Published 1st Jan 2018
  • 4,443 Views, 86 Comments

Through the Mirror - MiraculousDragonMaster



What if instead of Spike, it was all of the Mane 6 that entered into the parallel world to get back Twilight's crown back from Sunset Shimmer? Along with the help of a different group of friends who had their friendship broken?

  • ...
6
 86
 4,443

Lunchtime Discussion

Through the Mirror

Chapter 7

Lunchtime Discussion

Later that afternoon, it was time for lunch. The Mane 6 eventually found the crowded cafeteria to get some food, since they haven't eaten all morning. They had to spend all of class time wandering around the halls, acting like students to avoid suspicion of why they weren't in class.

As they got in line to get some food they recognized, like fruit and salad, Fluttershy noticed that in front of her and Twilight, was Discord. She tapped Twilight on the shoulder and pointed him out to her.

Twilight saw Discord and thought that even though the six of them have an idea on how to get back her crown. Maybe Discord could give them some information on how the election of Fall Formal Princess works.

"Hello, Discord." Fluttershy greeted.

Discord looked to the side and saw the Mane 6 all up in a line beside him. "Well, I won't question why you're still hanging out with them, so what I can do for you?"

Twilight nodded over to the girls, telling them to keep hiding their confusion about what he meant by that. Then, she turned back to Discord. "I've decided to run for Princess of the Fall Formal."

"You're WHAT?!" Discord yelled, accidentally throwing up his salad bowl up in the air.

"I got it!" Rainbow Dash cried out and quickly caught the bowl before it crashed onto the floor and handed it back to Discord.

"So sorry about that." He apologized. "It's just that I was hoping that I had misheard what you said, Miss Twilight. You just said that you are going to run for Fall Formal Princess?"

"Yes." Twilight answered.

"That's a really bad idea." Discord said. "You must have a death wish if you want to do that."

"How come?" Fluttershy asked him.

"That ball of fire, Sunset Shimmer wants to become Fall Formal Princess." Discord explained. "And you all know that when she wants something, she gets it, no matter the cost. She'll make life a curse for anyone who stands in her way."

"Hah!" Rainbow scoffed. "Sunset Shimmer doesn't scare us."

Discord raised an eyebrow. "Well, just ask the girl who ran against her for Princess of the Spring Fling. Trust me, that demon girl will make sure that you will live the rest of your life in shame if you try to stop her from getting what she wants."

"I have to try!" Twilight insisted.

"This is really important to her, Discord." Fluttershy pleaded.

Discord sighed. "I think you don't understand how this works." He said to Twilight as he led the Mane 6 towards his table, all of them carrying lunch trays. "You'd have to convince everyone here to vote for you instead of her: the athletes, the fashionistas, the dramas, the eco-kids, the techies, the rockers..."

The Mane 5 noticed how each of them would be categorized if they did live in this alternate world. Rainbow Dash would definitely be an athlete, Rarity easily would be a fashionista, Pinkie might be a drama, AJ and Fluttershy would probably be part of the eco-kids, and Twilight would most likely be a techie.

Twilight, however, noticed that everyone seemed to be separated into social groups. "Why is everypony-" She was caught off by a quick slap upside the head from Applejack, then realized her slip-up. "Uh, everybody separated this way?" She asked.

"Maybe it was different at your old school." Discord said before sitting down at an empty table. The girls sat down with him. "But here at CHS, everybody sticks to their own kind. One thing that they do have in common is that they know that Sunset Shimmer is gonna rule the school until we graduate."

"Not if I can help it." Twilight said confidently. She was about to bow her head down to take a bite of her apple, but Pinkie stopped her. She subtly nodded before demonstrating. She took her own apple in her hand and brought it to her mouth to take a bite.

Knowing best not to question how Pinkie knew that, Twilight only copied her. After swallowing her bite of apple, she turned back to Discord. "So, where would I find the head of the party planning committee?" She asked.

Fluttershy noticed that once Twilight mentioned that, a weird look briefly came on Discord's face. It seemed to hold many different emotions, like hurt, anger and betrayal.

"Most likely in the gym." He answered Twilight. He then turned to Pinkie Pie. "Since you haven't been here to begin preparations for the Fall Formal, your vice president is in charge of it."

Pinkie knew she was a little confused by what he meant, but hid it with a smile. "Okay." She said.

The Mane 6 decided to eat the rest of their lunches in silence. However, once in a while, Rarity would catch Discord giving Fluttershy glances out of the corner of his eye. But, he would quickly turn away when she would look at him. She had to surpress the smile that was threatning to appear on her face. It was so cute, realizing that Discord had a small crush on Fluttershy.

But then, the aching to smile vanished when a more heartbreaking realization came to her mind. Discord thinks that this Fluttershy was the Fluttershy that lived in this world. But, that alternate Fluttershy is not at Canterlot High at the moment, but will eventually come back. Maybe she should discuss this with her friends later.

Soon, the girls had finished their food. "Do you know where the gym is?" Twilight asked Discord.

"It's the big double doors down at the end of the hallway." He answered.

"Thanks." Twilight said before she and the other girls left the table with their empty lunch trays. They put them away before leaving the cafeteria towards the gym.

Author's Note:

A/N: Geez! Sorry for such a long wait on this! I have been really busy with school and other things. I hope you guys had been patient. I had to change things up a little bit to fit this alternate universe.

I hoped y'all have enjoyed this short filler chapter. Next, we'll see who is planning the Fall Formal if Pinkie wasn't there to do so. Well, we might get two surprises instead of one, if you know what happens next.

Until Chapter 8, I'll see y'all! Please let me know what you think.

Got to fly! ;)