• Published 1st Jan 2018
  • 4,452 Views, 86 Comments

Through the Mirror - MiraculousDragonMaster



What if instead of Spike, it was all of the Mane 6 that entered into the parallel world to get back Twilight's crown back from Sunset Shimmer? Along with the help of a different group of friends who had their friendship broken?

  • ...
6
 86
 4,452

The Royal Summit

Through the Mirror

Chapter 1

The Royal Summit

The castle of the Crystal Empire was sparkling brightly in the setting sun. Ponies were walking around the streets happily, going about their day, working or playing around.

Entering through the gates on this particular day were seven visitors: six ponies and one small dragon. The first pony was a lavender alicorn with amethyst purple eyes and an indigo mane with purple and pink highlights. On her flank was a pink six-pointed star with five white smaller ones around it. Her name was Twilight Sparkle, or rather, Princess Twilight Sparkle, as the former unicorn became an alicorn and gained her wings only a couple of months before.

The second pony was an orange earth pony with emerald green eyes, tiny white freckles on her cheeks, and a blonde mane tied into a ponytail over her shoulder. On her head was a beige Stetson hat and on her flank were three red apples. Her name was Applejack.

The third pony, flapping above every pony else was a cyan blue pegasus with magenta eyes and a rainbow colored mane. On her flank was a tri-colored lightning bolt coming down from a single white cloud. Her name was Rainbow Dash, for obvious reasons.

The fourth pony was also a pegasus, but unlike Rainbow, she was on the ground. She had a pale yellow coat with teal eyes and a long soft pink mane. On her flank were three pink butterflies. Her name was Fluttershy.

The fifth pony was an earth pony, bouncing happily. She had a rosy pink coat with crystal blue eyes and a poofy hot pink mane. On her flank were three balloons; two were blue and the third one was yellow. Her name was Pinkie Pie.

And the sixth pony was a beautiful and sophisticated white unicorn, who was admiring the amazing gems and crystals around her. She had sapphire blue eyes with her lashes outlined in mascara and light blue eyeshadow, and a styled royal purple mane. On her flank were three blue diamonds. Her name was Rarity.

The small dragon beside Twilight had lavender purple scales, green spines from his head down to his tail, and matching draconic eyes. His name was Spike.

"Whoo-whee!" Applejack cheered, her voice ringing out in its usual country accent, and she went over to Twilight in the front of the group as they were entering the castle courtyard. "Your first Princess Summit. You must be over the moon, Twilight!"

Twilight gave her a small smile. Yes, it was her first Royal Summit since she was crowned a princess. However, she did have some insecurities about all this.

"I am excited." Twilight answered. "But, to be honest, I am also a little nervous." Why shouldn't she be? Other than the occasional mission to save Equestria, the biggest responsibility she had was to give a friendship report to her mentor, Princess Celestia, every week. And just missing one had her mind go in a frantic state that caused more problems than solve them. So, that was one scenario she didn't want to relive.

"Ooh, you're nervicited!" Pinkie exclaimed, coming up in front of them, making the both of them jump back in surprise. The other mares and the dragon all raised an eyebrow at the strange word the party mare had said. Pinkie quickly began to explain as she began hopping higher.

"It's like you want to jump up and down and yell, 'Yay, me!'" She suddenly then stopped jumping and began curling herself into a tight ball as if she was scared and was rocking back and forth. "But you also want to curl up in a teeny-tiny ball and hide at the same time." She got back up in a standing position and came up to Twilight. "We've all been there." She assured her, giving her a noogie.

"I'm there almost every day." Fluttershy quietly piped up.

"You've got no reason to fret, Twi." Applejack said. "Everything's gonna be just-"

Before she could finish her sentence, Rarity immediately zoomed up to Twilight in a panic.

"Twilight!" She exclaimed, before gently grabbing her friend's face with her hooves, looking around her head. "Sorry, darling, but I just realized you're not wearing your crown. You haven't forgotten it back in Ponyville, have you?" She asked.

"It's in my bag." Twilight answered, gesturing to the bag that Spike was carrying. The little dragon proudly patted it with a smile. "I just feel a little self-conscious about wearing it." She then opened up her new lavender alicorn wings. "Haven't gotten really accustomed to these yet, either."

She flapped her wings to get herself a couple of feet off the ground, but she easily lost her balance and crashed back on the crystal floor.

"You are a princess now, Twilight." Rarity said as the lavender alicorn slowly got back up on her hooves. "Embrace it! I'm telling you, if I had a crown like that, I would never it off. Why, I'd sleep in the thing." She flipped her mane for added emphasis.

Twilight rolled her eyes with a small smile. Of course she would.


The palace doors soon opened, and a bunch of Crystal Pony Royal Guards began playing a fanfare with their trumpets as Twilight and her friends entered the throne room; the newly crowned princess ahead of her companions, looking around in awe.

Suddenly, she bumped into some pony. She quickly took a step back and saw who it is. It was a tangerine orange pegasus stallion with a short blue mane, matching eyes, and was wearing golden armor.

"Her Highness, Princess Twilight Sparkle!" He announced.

Twilight probably didn't notice then, but she felt a small bashful smile creep up on her muzzle.

At the end of the corridor, there were three alicorn princesses waiting, all of them majestic and beautiful in their own way.

"Twilight!" Princess Cadence greeted happily, coming up and nuzzling her sister-in-law. She had a pink coat and wings with hints of purple, violet eyes, and a curly mane of pink, purple, and blonde. "I haven't seen you since the coronation."

The other two, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna followed suit. "We have so much to discuss." Celestia said. The tall alicorn had a snowy white coat, violet eyes, and a flowing mane of a pastel aurora. Meanwhile, her sister, Luna, was almost the exact opposite. She had a charcoal coat, aqua turquoise eyes, and a flowing mane that resembled the night sky.

The Princess of the Sun then noticed the drowsy looks on the young ponies' faces. "But it can wait until tomorrow. You all look tired from your journey. Now, off to bed. All of you."

The six nodded, then headed off to their bedrooms, sharing a few conversations.


That night, in the room that she and Spike were sharing, Twilight lit up her horn and magenta colored sparkles enveloped it. She placed some of the books she brought with her, and then, she magically took out her crown and placed it on her head. She looked into the mirror, seeing her reflection. She then sighed.

"What's wrong, Twilight?" Spike asked, finished making his tiny bed.

"I don't know, Spike." Twilight admitted to her dragon assistant. "I'm just... worried, I guess. Princess Cadence was given the Crystal Empire to rule over. What if now that I am a princess, Celestia expects me to lead a kingdom of my own?"

"That would be awesome!" Spike exclaimed.

"No, it would not!" Twilight disagreed. "Just because I have a crown and these wings," she opened her wings again to emphasize her point, "It doesn't mean I'll be a good leader." She lit her horn again, and magically placed her crown on her nightstand.

"Sure you will, Twilight." Spike assured her as he came up to her while she was sitting on her bed. He helped her pull the blankets. "But come on. You should get some shuteye. Big day tomorrow."

Once Twilight was snuggled in her sheets, Spike turned off the lamp on her nightstand before getting into his own bed with a happy sigh.

However, he only shut his eyes for a minute when he heard Twilight groan. She was shuffling around, but her wings were in the way, seeming to have a mind of their own, popping out from under the sheets.

How do pegasi sleep with these things? Twilight thought annoyed.

"Just trying to get comfortable!" Twilight exclaimed as she pushed her wings down with her hoof. But after a few seconds of getting relaxed, her wings popped up again, making her groan. This was going to be a long night.

Author's Note:

A/N: Okay, this is my first story that I'm actually writing on wattpad first. My pen name there is Melody Quill, if you're curious. So, when I was looking around for art, I found some pictures that inspired this idea. You'll soon see what I'm talking about.

Soon, we'll next have the chapter where you know who breaks into the palace and steals you know what. Then, the chapter after that, we'll have our twist beginning.

I hope you have enjoyed it, though. Please let me know what you think so far.

Got to fly! ;)