• Published 23rd Nov 2017
  • 444 Views, 0 Comments

Lessons in The Arcane - Paleblood Pony



Twilight and Luna have nightly lessons about magic and creatures of the night.

  • ...
 0
 444

Dream Eaters

Twilight slowly walked up the stairs towards Luna’s room. “What is going on? I thought I’d be happy to be home, but I’ve only had nightmares since I got back. Maybe mom knows something about that.” Twilight stopped in front of the large double doors. She raised one hoof and knocked on one of the pieces of wood.

“Come in.” Twilight pushed the door open and walked inside. She walked over to the bed and payed next to her mother. “Good evening sweetheart. You seem down, is something up?”

“Yeah, actually. Ever since I’ve come home from college, I’ve only had nightmares and no pleasent dreams. Do you know anything about that or how to help?” Twilight looked up at Luna, who’s face had become a bit paler.

“If course Twilight. I’ll do whatever I can to help you deal with this problem of yours. Now, did you bring your quill and note pad?”

“Yep. I have to considering that we’re going to be doing these lessons until I go back to college.” Twilight used her magic to pull open her saddle bags and pull out her writing equipment. “Now what?”

“Listen carefully.” Luna began to speak in a language Twilight had no knowledge of. Her horn began to glow a brilliant blue before sending out a wave of magic.

“What did you do just now?” Twilight looked around curiously, only to find nothing had changed in the room. “And what does the spell do?”

“It’s an old spell I learned around your age. The meaning behind it is Reveal to me those that are too cowardly to show themselves. What it does is reveal creatures or object hidden by magic or other similar means.”

“Hm? Like what? I didn’t see anything different.” The realization dawned on Twilight as she began to frantically look around her body, noticing small leech like creatures covering her. “Wh-what the hell are these things?!”

“Calm down, Twily. They’re called Dream Eaters. They feed off of the pleasant dreams of other creatures, leaving them only to have nightmares until these nasty little creatures are removed.” Luna used her magic to remove one of the Eaters from Twilight’s wing. “They aren’t really a threat to anything other than good dreams.”

Twilight quickly sketched down the creature, along with writing down the information being fed to her. “So, all they really do is stop you from having good dreams? I guess that isn’t too bad in the scope of all things.”

“True. And they’re also quite easy to deal with, as all you have to do is give them a quick tug and they’ll pop right off.” Twilight and Luna began to pull the creatures off of the small alicorn, putting them into a jar on the nearby desk. “Now for the spell.” Luna pulled an old book off of her shelf and flipped through the pages until she landed on the one she was looking for. “Here. Just copy this down and practice it. We’ll have to stop early tonight because I have to do my weekly night court and deal with questions from the public and accept their gifts.”

Twilight quickly jotted down the spell before putting her things in her saddle bag and hopping off of Luna’s bed. “Alright mom. I’ll be back tomorrow night.”

To Be Continued
Next Chapter: Labors of Love
Twilight’s old friend Pinkie Pie has come to visit her. The two notice that Shining Armor And Cadence’s relationship isn’t what it used to be and decide to figure out what’s wrong.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment