• Published 17th Dec 2017
  • 209 Views, 4 Comments

Unity - Twila



A certain friendship princess wants the world united. A guard wants to protect the world, and more than that when he met her.

  • ...
 4
 209

| Bonds |

The day soon turned to night. Soon, it would be time for the Lunar guards to awake and guard the castle at night.

Aqua wasn't the only guard who was new, however. His friend Celestial decided to join him in guardship. Since Celestial was a bat pony, she decided to be a Lunar guard.

Celestial flew to her post, her dark grey coat and black mane blending within the night. She felt bored, which was normal since all you can do is stare.

"Hey Celestial!" Aqua greeted, trotting up to her.

"Oh hi Aqua," Celestial greeted back.

"Just wanted to wish you fun on your shift, good night!"

"Thanks, bye!" Celestial watched him walk off before sitting down, staring at the night sky.

She then blinked, was there a shadow passing by a second ago?

...Probably not. :applejackunsure:


"Bye girls!" Twilight waved at her friends, who needed to get back to Ponyville. Rarity was staying for a few nights, however, for her fashion business.

"It was very generous of you to lend me a room in the castle Twilight. It really helps!"

"No problem Rarity, I know how important your business is to you." Twilight smiled.

They walked to the room quarters of the castle, and Twilight helped Rarity unpack and settle in.

~~~~~

Afterwards, Twilight decided to do some late night reading. She was about to enter her room when she heard a slight crack. She walked to where it came from, only to find nothing, yet she heard hoofsteps nearby. She followed the sound, until...

"Princess?" A voice spoke behind her.

"GAH! What... Aqua?!" Twilight shouted, scared.

"Sorry if I scared you! But what are you doing up at night?" Aqua apologized.

"It's fine, I was just checking the castle's safety and all," She replied, "I thought somepony was lurking around, but I guess not."

"Oh."

There was a long and awkward pause.

"So uh," Aqua spoke up, "how are you?"

"I'm fine, but I am going to hit the hay before it gets late. Good night!" Twilight replied, before flying away. Aqua waved before flying off as well.

"Boo!" Celestial appeared, out of nowhere.

"AHH! Seriously?! You almost gave me a--"

"Heart attack?" She finished his sentence. "Typical, I thought you were used to this by now." She booped his nose.

"....Whatever," Aqua sighed, "how are you?"

"Meh." Celestial shrugged. "I'm fine...if I beat you to the quarters!" She flew off.

"AYE! THAT'S NOT FAIR!" He flew after her.


Celestial won, since Aqua was caught off guard. They chatted for a bit, until Aqua decided to rest, while Celestial continued her night shift.

~~~~~

When morning arrived, she was the first one to bed, and then regular ponies woke up for the day.

Suddenly, there was a SCREAM from the room across Twilight! :raritycry:

Twilight bursted in, "Rarity?! What's wrong?!" :twilightoops:

"I saw........a bug! A HORRIBLE, DISGUSTING BUG!" :raritydespair:

"Rarity," Twilight sighed, "it should be gone by now. There is nothing to fear." :facehoof:

"If you say so, darling, but next time I'm going to use a broom to shoo it away! Now then, let's go see what is available for breakfast, shall we?"

"Sure!" Twilight agreed, before guiding Rarity to the castle food court.


As time passed throughout the day, there have been reports about mysterious sightings, leading Twilight to tackle both that issue and the preparations of the upcoming Gala. This started to ponder through her mind. How mysterious was it? Was it something bad? Is there a possible threat giving hints that it might show up and terrorize Equestria in a matter of time?!!?

Nah. She was overthinking, but it did not leave her mind.

Who knows, it's not like there is some evil pony plotting vengeance in secrecy... right?

~~~~~

"Perfect, it seems they took notice of my mysterious shadows. Hopefully not too much, I do not want them to see my secret work." Yeria spoke as she was looking at Canterlot, using a spell.

"Not counting today, it's three days until that friendship-centered mush Gala," Another voice spoke.

"You? What are you doing here, assistant?"

"Just returning to help ya!" It turned out to be an unreformed changeling.


Author's Note:

Forgive me for the wait. I know it's...short, but I wanted you guys to continue instead of waiting and waiting! Hopefully this'll make up for it. :raritydespair:

Toodles! :twilightsheepish:

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment