• Published 19th Nov 2017
  • 925 Views, 7 Comments

Protecting Paradise - Metatoda42



How can he, a creature with more blood in his hands than the stars in a whole galaxy ends up in Equestria? A beautiful and peaceful paradise full of love and friendship. He doesn't belong there and yet he doesn't want to go...

  • ...
5
 7
 925

Chapter Four: Sparkle of Madness

Author's Note:

So, I had a conversation with one of my Alter Egos. It goes something like this:
-
Me: So what do you think?
AE: Really dude? Is that the best you can do?
Me: What do you mean?
AE: Come on! It's been three chapters and there's been no actual action! Where's all the suspense? This story is bland!
Me: So what should I do?
AE: Add more destruction, explosion, struggles, insane crazy schemes, suspense, humor, Sword Plays, Gatling Gun, Evil Monsters, more Rarity!
Me: Why Rarity?
AE: Because I like her... You know that right?
Me: I prefer Twilight.
AE: Sure, put them both into the story.
-
And that's how this chapter is made. So please excuse the insanity.

Spike is a good assistant. In fact, he is Twilight Sparkle's number one assistant. But lately, he's been helping Twilight less and less. The unicorn seems to be distracted and couldn't really bother with him anymore. Never mind the fact that Twilight seems to be spending less and less time in the library. It really bothers him, what if Twilight doesn't need him anymore? What if Twilight prefers the human's companion instead of his?

The Dragon sighed and slowly gets out of his bed/basket. He knew that he shouldn't be like this. He has learnt a lot from the day he met Owlicious. But still, at least he wanted to a part of something in Twilight and Bruce's experiments. If only he was at least smarter.

Footsteps rushes down from the stairs near him. He walked towards the stair and saw Bruce Gunderson rushing into Twilight's room with a panicked look on his face. "SPIKE!!!" He exclaimed towards him. "Listen to me! I screwed up, BIG TIME!!! Your life is in danger!!!"

Spike cringed and put both of his claws on over his head. "Oh no! What happened? Is Discord on the lose? Is it the Parasprites again?!" He ran around in circles until he realized something. "Wait... Where's Twilight? Is she okay? Did something happen to her!?"

Bruce nodded in response. "YES! It's Twilight, she's going crazy!" He put a hand over his forehead and kneel down. "Oh Spike, it was all my fault! I managed to lock her inside a make-shift inflatable cell I made using my fabricator, but I really doubt the battery on that thing."

'BOOM' An explosion came from below. The whole library starts shaking and both the human and the dragon are starting to sweat in fear. Bruce picked up Spike with his hand and looked at him intensely in the eyes. "Listen to me..." 'BANG' Another explosion came from below the place. "I already contacted the Doctor, but I have a feeling that he won't be arriving today..."

'CRASH' Sounds of metal and glass breaking appeared from below. "Oh Brucy, Brucy!!!" A creepy voice followed shortly after, sending shivers down the guy's spine. "Come out, come out, wherever you are!!!"

"Okay, we might not know each other that much..." Bruce looked at Spike with a serious and urgent look on his face. "But if we want to survive this, we have to stick together." He put Spike down back to the floor before looking at the staircase. "There's a Perception Filterer protecting the Staircase, but I have no idea how long it's going to hold her..."

Spike starts breathing erratically. The situation is just too sudden for him. Twilight going crazy, the fearless human suddenly being scared, explosions coming down from the library. He took a few short breaths to regain his composure. "Wh-what are we going to do now?" He asked.

A flash of light came from below the staircase and Bruce quickly took out his scanner. "Well, we have an incoming Magic Ray Burst so..." He looked at the window and ran towards it. "GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!!" 'Crash' He shattered open the window and jumped off the building.

The Dragon wasted no time following the human. He looked down the ground below from the broken window and shuddered in fear. "Oh... Spikey, wikey!!! Come here my number one subje-I mean, assistant..." After hearing the voice of death itself, Spike decided that jumping off the window is the least of his trouble.

He closed his eyes as he soared down to the ground, expecting the painful impact of the ground. 'Thump' Only to find himself caught by two strong hands. "Okay Spike! According to my scanner, Twilight will only target those closest to her. Anyone else will be ignored." Bruce looked around in panic. "Who's the closest to the library?"

Who's closest to the library? Simple question, he can answer that... Let's see, Applejack's in Sweet Apple Acres which is far away from where he is. Fluttershy's in her cottage which is somewhere near the Everfree. Rainbow Dash is probably a few hundred meters off the ground. Pinkie Pie is in the Sugar Cube Corner, but he doubt that she's in any immediate danger. Rarity...

"RARITY!!!" Spike looked at the human and pointed at the general direction of the Carousel Boutique. "She's in the Boutique, we have to save her!!!"

'KABOOM'

A blinding flash of light came from behind them. Bruce and Spike turned around and gasped in shock and disbelief. A huge column of purple light shot out of the very roots of the Golden Oak Library. The whole tree/building slowly uprooted itself from the ground. The branches grew larger and formed into a pair of huge arms. The roots split apart and formed into a pair of gigantic feet. The leaves slowly formed into a pair of huge eyes and a mouth.

At this point, another round with Discord seemed to be much more plausible than surviving for another five hours. Any sort of chance of survival seems to be crushed with every step the gigantic tree monster took through the city. It howled towards Bruce and Spike before came lumbering in towards them.

Bruce looked at Spike for a moment. "No offense but..." He grabbed the Dragon by the tail and start running through the street. "I don't think you're fast enough to..." 'BOOM' A beam of purple magic shot out of the tree monster, cutting Bruce off. "On second thought, just enjoy the ride!"

Spike tried his best to keep all of his breakfast inside his body as the human carried him like a bag of trash. "Bruce! Would it kill you if you would just... WHOAAA" Bruce threw the dragon up into the air and rolled down to dodge another beam of magic. "AAAAAHH! Oof!" He caught the dragon mere seconds before he landed.

"What was that Spike?" The human asked without taking his eyes off the Carousel Boutique in the distance.

The Dragon's mouth bulged a little as he tried to make sure all the sapphires didn't go to waste. "Ne-never mind..." He muttered after a while. "Are we close? Where are-AAAAH!" Spike found himself soaring towards an open window of the Carousel Boutique in the distance. He closed his eyes and braced for impact.

After a few seconds of no impact, Spike opened his eyes. His eyelids dropped and all his problems vaporized as he looked at the angel who just saved him. He exhaled a breath of relief as the white coated unicorn gently put him down to the floor.

"Spike? What is happening? Did you just fly?" Rarity asked while walking towards her Boutique's entrance to check on the condition outside. She looked outside and saw Bruce running towards the Boutique with a giant tree monster following him from behind. "On second thought... I do not want to know..." She muttered to herself.

Bruce slammed the door open before slamming it close behind him. "Rarity... Listen, I screw up, big time, and your life is in danger..." He said, while trying not to scare Rarity so much. "Yes, I know it's a lot to take in, but if you wanted to survive this, you have to..." His words faltered when he saw Rarity adding some finishing touches on some of her dresses. "Hey! Giant Tree Monster outside! Are you sure this is the right time?"

Rarity just looked at Bruce with a calm look on her face. "It's just a tree darling, what harm can it do to my boutique?" She asked him.

The human raised an eyebrow in interest after hearing that. He took out his scanner and scanned the walls of the Carousel Boutique. "Solid Diamond Linings..." He chuckled a little before slowly he starts laughing in relief. "Diamonds!!! Oh my god Rarity! You actually made this place out of diamonds!?" He asked her in disbelief.

The unicorn just smirked in response. "My boutique has a numerous collection of the finest minerals and materials. I dare say this boutique worth more than Ponyville itself." She stomped her hoof once and the walls start glowing in ethereal blue light. "Why do you think I don't have any guards protecting this place?"

"Because you think your little diamond dome is impenetrable." A very familiar voice came from outside. Everypony froze after hearing that and walked closer towards each other. "Well... I think this just makes things much easier for me... I don't even have to set up a trap."

An invisible pulse of magic came from outside. The blue light all around the Carousel Boutique slowly turned purple. Rarity, Bruce, and Spike huddled together in fear as everything around them started to float. "Bruce... Was that Twilight?" Rarity asked in fear.

"Uhuh..." Bruce replied simply.

"I suppose she's not herself right now?"

"What do you think?"

"Is it, by any way your fault?"

"Something like that, yeah."

"Do you have a plan?"

"Does staying alive counts as a plan?"

"Needs a little more work on the details..."

Flashes of purple light suddenly appeared all around them. It slowly formed into a gigantic holographic screen showing an image of Twilight Sparkle staring down at them. "Hello everypony..." Her oddly computerized voice echoes through the whole Boutique. "Today is your lucky day..."

The mannequins all around them started to move and walk towards them. Rarity's horn lights up as she erected a force field to protect her and her friends. "Twilight, darling, please get a hold of yourself..." She tried to talk to the crazed mare. "You're really scaring us right now..." The white pony cringed when she felt dozens of mannequins punching the force field around her.

Twilight's holographic face glitched into a smile as she answered Rarity's question. "Oh Rarity... I believe you don't understand what I'm trying to accomplish here." The Mannequins stopped their attacks and starts taking a few steps back away from them. "I am doing this for science... My little pony..."

Rarity watched in horror as the Mannequins start walking towards her precious dresses. "NO!!! Please! Not my dress! I'll do anything!" She kneel down and raised her hoof in a begging motion. "Please... Not my beautiful dresses."

The Mannequin took a piece of diamond cloth from Rarity's cupboard. It looked at Rarity with its cold empty face before dropping it down to the floor. "No!!!" The unicorn exclaimed in anguish as the mannequin start stomping the precious fabric with its hoofs. "You fiend!!!" But the wooden puppet didn't stop there. It walked towards one of the dress Rarity just finished and starts plucking off the threads one by one. Slowly, but surely tearing apart.

The sight was too much for the fashionista. Her beautiful creations torn apart and slowly destroyed by mindless puppets. Her priceless materials and fabrics discarded on the floor like a trash. These monsters they've gone too far.

Rarity's body began to shake in rage. She glared at the mannequins in front of her and put down the force field. "Threatening my life was one thing..." She grabbed the piece of fabric from the floor and draped it over her body. "But this is where you've crossed the line!!!" Her eyes shone and her horn starts glowing in a brilliant blue light. "Disrespecting the truest form of art... Disregarding all the love and hard work spent into creating that fabulous creation..."

'CRACK' All the drawers, cupboards, and lockers of the Carousel Boutique opened all at once. "This is a crime against fashion!!!" With a wave of blue light, the wind started to pick up. It was as if a hurricane suddenly struck the boutique from the inside. Hundreds upon hundreds of fabrics came rushing in towards the unicorn, rolls upon rolls of threads and sewing needles revolved around the eye of the hurricane. Sapphires, Diamonds, and many more precious stones starts piling up all over the room. Each one of them forming and shaping into a majestic figure.

A music suddenly appeared out of thin air... The whole room started to shake and a column of multi-colored light shot out from the eye of the hurricane.

From within the light, a single figure stepped out of it. Her mane glows in a deep purple hue and her coat shone like a star. She wore a bright blue sapphire helmet that fits her head and her horn perfectly. A symbol of her Cutie Mark and light blue diamond linings decorated the beautiful piece of head wear. Making it not only powerful and magical, but beautiful and elegant.

She also wore a unique diamond chain armor on her upper part of her body. It creates a spectrum of rainbows when light hits it. Making it not only a powerful piece of armor, but also a beautiful piece of clothing.

The most most glorious sight however is the dress that she wore. Woven together with fine diamond fabrics, it is merged together with the hardest natural element in the world down to the molecular level. Not only that, but numerous of beautiful rubies and sapphires decorated her dress, forming a beautiful star patterns that shone like an actual stars.

The rest of the gems and diamonds didn't go to waste of course, a diamond shield and a sapphire sword floated right in front of her. The symbol of her cutie mark flashes in front of the shield. Magically enchanted and stronger than any materials known to ponykind. The Sapphire blade itself gleamed in a dark blue light. A blade so sharp and thin it can slice through the mannequins without any problems.

Rarity took a step forward. Her hoofsteps echoes throughout the boutique as her diamond shoes impacted the floor. "Now... Which one of you here is feeling lucky...?"

The Mannequins charged forward at the unicorn. One of them lunged at her, only to be blocked by her diamond shield. 'Slash' The sapphire blade sliced the mannequin in half. Two more mannequins tried to attack the unicorn from her sides, but the unicorn simply twisted her sword around her and sliced both ponies in midair.

More and more Mannequins kept on coming. They surrounded her from all sides and all at once, they lunged at her. 'Whoosh' Like a whirlwind of death, the Sapphire sword revolved around the unicorn. It sliced through all the Mannequins in the vicinity. Not one of the wooden menace managed to put even one hoofs on the Unicorn.

It was truly a magnificent and horrifying sight. A beautiful unicorn walked elegantly through the boutique. All around her, a single blade flew all across the room; stabbing, slicing, and destroying any mannequins that dared to cross her path. A trail of glimmering blue light appeared from behind the blade.

Soon, the only thing left is Rarity. Standing amidst the destruction without a single scratch nor a single drop of sweat. She collected all the beheaded, hoof-less, and destroyed Mannequins with he magic and threw them away to the corner of the room.

All was not over however, the beheaded and hoof-less mannequin started to melt and merge together into something else. It formed itself into a unicorn-like figure. Unlike a regular mannequin though, the unicorn mannequin slowly formed a long straight mane, a pair of eyes, and a mouth. It slowly gained a tint of violet color until finally...

"Hello Rarity..." Twilight Sparkle in the form of a Mannequin said with a smirk on her face. "Fancy little tricks with clothing you have there..." Her horn glows and 'Vwoosh' five wooden ponies materialized out of thin air and prepared their stances. "But I'm afraid it won't do you any good."

Rarity held up a shield to hold a strike from a wooden pony. Then she sliced the wooden pony in half only to find it reforming again. "How is that fair?" She asked the wooden unicorn.

"Says the mare who used Diamond Armors and Swords against wooden puppets." Twilight replied flatly.

The white coated unicorn could only nod in agreement before moving on to block a strike from three wooden ponies at once. "Well... If I can't defeat them..." 'Clink' A dozen sewing needles floated out of her dress and head straight towards the wooden ponies. The needles pierced through the mannequin's head, neck, and hoof joints, disabling it from doing anything. The strings of the needles shone in bright blue light and the mannequin suddenly stopped attacking her.

"Friendship is Magic, isn't that right darling?" Rarity said with a smirk on her face. "Now friends, let's remind Twilight a thing or two about Friendship..." The wooden ponies turned their heads toward Twilight and start running towards her. "Which may or may not involve some injury..."

Twilight just rolled her wooden eyes the second those ponies came charging towards her. She zapped the wooden ponies in front of her into ashes the second they get near her. "Don't even think about it..." Her horn glows brightly and she zapped all the wooden ponies in front of her into ashes.

Rarity narrowed her eyes when she saw that. The unicorn looked at her blade for a moment and realized that the wooden Twilight in front of her is nothing more but a puppet. "Pardon my intrusion, but do you feel pain? I mean, as a wooden mannequin do you feel anything?" The wooden unicorn just sneered and shook her head.

'Clank' Her shield fell apart and turned into two more blades. Now, Rarity has a sapphire sword and two diamond sabers floating in front of her. "Well then... No hard feelings..." With pulse of magic, all three gem blades soared towards the unicorn.

The wooden pony didn't just stay still however. She jumped and back-flipped in midair, dodging all the blades coming straight at her. Then she teleported above Rarity and kicked her with her hooves. 'Clack' 'Clack' Enchanted wooden hoofs met diamonds as Twilight gave Rarity a double kick behind her head before leaping away.

Disoriented by the sudden attack, Rarity didn't notice a beam of light coming from the unicorn. It struck her battle dress, but couldn't penetrate it completely. "Twilight! You could've singed my dress. You should really watch where you throw around your eradication spell." She exclaimed before shooting out her own beam of magic at the wooden pony.

Again, Twilight disappeared out of existence before appearing inches away from Rarity's face. She grinned at the unicorn before launching off a powerful beam of magic straight at Rarity's face. 'Clang' Rarity blocked the strike with her sword before taking a few steps back warily.

"Hmm... Interesting, very interesting... A complete mastery over all gemstones and precious minerals..." Twilight said with a calm look on her face. "Perhaps this will do for now... I'll be seeing you Rarity, take care..." Her eyes rolled to the back of her head and wooden Twilight froze like a statue.

Rarity walked towards the statue warily. She touched the statue with her hoof only to find out that it's inanimate. "Phew... Glad that's over with..." She walked towards Bruce and Spike to check on their condition.

The human's eyes is fixated on his scanner while Spike is watching Rarity with wide eyes and gaping jaws. "All right you colts... Snap out of it, you have to save Twilight." She said.

Bruce shook his head and looked Rarity in confusion. "You mean we?"

"No, you have to save Twilight. This is your fault and you will have to save her." She said. "I was just saving my beautiful designs from those meddling Mannequins." Her horn glows brightly and in a flash of light, everything turned back to normal. "Now go on then, giant tree monster and evil Twilight to take care off."

Bruce rolled his eyes and picked up a love-stricken Dragon from the floor. "Come on Spike, let's see if we can find where Twilight's heading next." He said.


It was a beautiful day in Fluttershy's Cabin. Birds are singing, flowers are blooming. On days like this, giant war-machine like Bastion usually goes around slaughtering his enemies. But now, here he is, sitting on a stone chair a few feet away from the Cottage. His optics scanned and observed the little critters flying and running around him.

A small humming bird floated a few inches away from his face. Bastion held out his mechanical hand and the humming bird landed on top of it. The little bird flew around the robot once again, as if trying to lead him somewhere.

Soft whirring sound came from the robot as he slowly stood up from his position. He slowly followed the little bird as it guide him into the forest. Inside the forest, Bastion could feel the presence of other bigger critters. He saw a doe walking through the trees, some bears sleeping on beside a tree, and a giant chimera sharpening it claws against a giant tree.

Soon, Bastion found himself standing in the middle of a beautiful clearing. There's patches of flowers, a small pond with dozens of creeks flowing out of it. There's also a small wooden hut in the middle of the clearing and a very familiar figure standing in front of it.

"Hello Bastion..."A yellow coated pegasus with bright pink mane smiled at him. "I hope Ganymede didn't disturb you or anything." She looked at the ground and stomped her hoof a little. "I found this place a while ago. I think it'll be lovely if you build a house of your own here." She explained. "You can still go and visit me anytime you want, it's not far from the cabin."

Bastion took a double look at the clearing. He noticed that the wildlife here is more diverse than the one in the cabin. There's a deer running around the clearing, some eagles perching on the trees around the edge, and many more wild animals. Plus, this place is a bit more hidden than Fluttershy's Cottage. So he can be at peace even more.

Before he can tell Fluttershy how much he loved that idea, the earth shook beneath them. He looked behind and saw a gigantic tree monster looming behind them. Its gigantic feet crushed the trees and everything in its path. A quick scan shows that the creature in front of him is very hostile.

The robot was about to warn Fluttershy to flee. Only to find out that the pegasus has already took off and start speaking to the giant tree creature. He could only watch warily as Fluttershy tried to talk some sense towards the tree. He couldn't even bear to imagine what would happen if that creature dare to hurt the pegasus.

'SMACK' The pegasus was a blur as the tree knocked her out of the sky. With a resounding thud, the pegasus impacted the ground a few feet away from Bastion.

Bastion wasted no time checking on the Pegasus's condition. She lies down on the ground with a pained look on her face. He scanned the pegasus and detected dozens of mild lacerations and a broken wing. "Fluttershy." He spoke, trying to wake her up. But the pegasus didn't budge. The wounds were too severe.

Suddenly, he remembered something. A promise he made just a few days ago towards his own creator. "Make your old man proud and protect her with your life." He replayed Bruce's message before he left. Then he looked at the fallen pegasus and realized just how much he has failed in his purpose.

This giant lumbering mass of wood dared to hurt that he has sworn to protect. A new-found feeling of fury rose within his core. His optic turned red as he stepped away from Fluttershy. The ground shook beneath him with every step he took towards the giant tree. Bastion is a War Machine, and he will show that monster why he is feared across the multiverse.

Bastion charged towards the tree and jumped high into the air. 'CRACK' He delivered a powerful punch at the trunk. Then he climbed further up the tree and starts smashing the wood into splinters. "ROOAARRRR" The tree howled in anger as the robot kept on smashing it with his fists. It slapped the robot away back to the ground.

Loud mechanical whirring appeared from the robot. It slowly started to transform into stationary Sentry Turret. With a terrifying roar of engine, followed by the sounds of hundreds of bullets whistling through the air straight towards the gigantic tree. The bullets shred the outer layer of its trunk and slowly but surely destroyed its branches.

The Golden Oak Library monster raised its fist and struck Bastion. 'SMASH' The robot were thrown away from the clearing and soared away towards the trees behind him. Knowing that there is no other way, Bastion transformed himself into a war aircraft. He hovered in the air for a moment before soaring towards the tree monster.

Bastion flew all around the tree, rolling, and diving in midair to dodge the incoming branches. 'BOOM' The robot shot the tree with its cannon all the while pumping it full with bullets. 'BANG' He shot the tree again, this time right in its leafy face. A fire slowly formed around its body and the tree starts howling in pain. 'BANG' The aircraft shot the roots of the tree, burning it and slowly destroying it.

Soon enough, the gigantic tree fled away and Bastion landed on the ground to check on Fluttershy's condition. He gently picked her up before walking back towards the direction of the cottage. A part of him still wants to destroy the tree to bits, but Fluttershy is a much bigger priority than the living library.

"Seems like Bastion handle it just fine." A voice came from the distance. Bastion looked around and saw Bruce running towards him with Spike sitting on his head. "Fluttershy!" The human exclaimed the second he noticed Fluttershy lying down on Bastion's grasp. He took out his scanner and scanned the Pegasus. "Oh... She's all right, would you please take her to the hospital? It's not that far away from here." Bastion nodded before changing his path towards Ponyville village.


After almost half an hour of following the tree, Bruce and Spike finally made it to the general location of the Golden Oak Library. The tree monster seemed to be reverting itself back into a regular building. So the two males have no choice but to enter it, knowing exactly what they'll face inside.

Bruce opened carefully opened the door and peeked inside. The first thing he saw was a regular old library with books and the likes. Nothing odd or dangerous seemed to be waiting for him in there. "Okay Spike, you go in first..." A bop in the head answered his order. "Come on, Spike. You're a dragon!"

Spike looked at Bruce in disbelief. "What's being a dragon has anything to do with this?" He asked him.

"Buddy, from all of the 345 planets and civilizations I met, about half of them worships you. So yeah, I'm pretty sure that's a big deal." Bruce replied while picking up the dragon from on top of his head. "Now go on Spike, get in there, see if you can find Twilight."

The Dragon could only sigh in defeat as the human gently put him back down near the entrance. He entered the library and looked around warily. "Twi-Twilight! Are you in there?" He shouted warily. No response and it doesn't calm him down one bit. "Anypony here?"

"Up here Spike." A calm masculine voice answered him from above. Spike just nodded mutely before fleeing back to the entrance. He looked at Bruce in panic only to find out that the human is already walking towards the staircase.

"Doctor is that you?" Bruce asked suddenly. "Is Twilight all right?"

Hoofsteps came from above and the Doctor appeared from the staircase. "She's all right, don't worry." Then he glared at Bruce a little. "Also, we need to talk..." He muttered before he led Bruce towards Twilight's room.

The first thing Bruce noticed when he get to her room was the TARDIS standing beside her bed. The second thing he noticed was two Twilight Sparkle lying down together on the bed. They're both identical and Bruce can't even see the difference between them.

Bruce took out his scanner and scanned one of the Twilights. "Let's see... Name: Twilight Sparkle." He paused a second and realized that it is the real one. Then he scanned the next Twilight. "Okay, name; Living Manifestation of Knowledge and Magic, huh, interesting. Elemental Structure; Magically Conjured Organic matters, cool." He put away his scanner and walked closer towards the fake Twilight. "So what happened doc?"

The Doctor looked at Bruce flatly. "You tell me. I found Twilight Sparkle yelling to herself inside the Golden Oak Monster. I had to knock her out and took control of this library just to save her." He gently stroked the real Twilight's mane. "So please tell me... What happened to her?"

"Well... After we managed to make a portal spell, me and Twilight decided to try and make a cloning spell. We tried to design it to be temporary and nothing more but an extension of Twilight's mind. That way, the clone will send all her memories back to Twilight when dispelled." The Doctor face-palmed after hearing that. He couldn't believe that Bruce is stupid enough to even attempt to do that. "Long story short, the clone rebelled and took over Twilight's mind. What makes her so devoted to science is beyond me."

The Time Lord looked at Bruce's scanner for a moment. "Give me that." He grabbed the scanner with his hooves and put his Sonic Screwdriver in his mouth. Then he starts fiddling with it before scanning Twilight's clone with it. "All right, I know what happened. This clone only has Twilight's memory and desire. She doesn't have any of her personality or morale."

"So what do we do with the clone? Destroy it?" He asked him.

The Doctor looked at Bruce flatly. "It's her not it. And we are not killing anyone Bruce Gunderson. We'll give her a chance, she's Twilight Sparkle in everything but personality and heart." He scanned clone Twilight a little with the Sonic Screwdriver. "And she is waking up! Give her some space Bruce!"

Both Twilight blearily opened her eyes. They looked around before their eyes met each other. 'Bzzt' Both Twilight disappeared away from existence and reappeared facing each other in front of their bed. "You!" They both exclaimed at the same time. "You tried to kill me!"

"Me? I didn't try to kill you! You're the one who tried to hijack my mind!"

"Oh really? Says the mare who literally tried to erase me out of existence the second she created me!"

They glared at each other and pressed their forehead against one another. A strand of lightning could be seen flashing across their eyes. The Doctor however is having none of it. "All right that's enough, both of you!" He exclaimed with a pissed off look on his face. "You are linked to each other. If one of you die so will you. So! No one is trying to kill anyone."

This shuts up the mare pretty quickly. They still glared at each other, but no words came out. "Good, now behave and don't fight each other." Then he walked towards the blue box standing in the corner. "I'm going to get into the TARDIS to get something. Not for long, just for a while, in the meantime, don't do anything stupid." He entered the TARDIS and closed the door behind him.

Now, the only one left that's not a pony is Bruce Gunderson. He gulped nervously as the mares looked at him with a critical look on their faces. "I... have to check on Spike. He's uh... Downstairs." Bruce fled the room, leaving Twilights to deal with each other and make up their difference.

"So... You have my memory huh?" Twilight asked her clone.

The Clone Twilight nodded and sighed. "Yes, yes I do, and I can only imagine what your friends would do if they knew about me." She replied with a hint of fear in her face. "They will probably think I'm trying to replace you or something..."

Twilight shook her head. "I don't think they will hurt you. Except maybe Rarity or Bastion, but I'm sure it won't hurt that much." She looked at her clone closely. The uncanny resemblance between them made her feel uncomfortable. She knew that this clone isn't really responsible for her actions. It's all her fault for creating her in the first place. "Can you feel emotions?"

The clone nodded. "I do, but it's very weak, and unnoticeable." She looked up and starts searching deep into her memory. "I can remember your joyful memories, but I cannot feel them. I can remember the most sorrowful moment of your life, but I feel nothing." Then she looked at Twilight. "But looking at you now, I feel both happy and sad at the same time. I do not know how that's possible, but it seems like it."

The unicorn smiled softly in response. "Don't worry, I don't blame you for anything." She walked towards her clone and gently embraced her into a hug. "I'm so sorry for trying to kill you..."

The clone hugged her back and small smile graced her face. "And I'm sorry for hurting your friends. It was not my intention to hurt them like that, I was just curious..." She replied.

"Yeah... About that..." Twilight let go of the hug and looked at her clone in confusion. "What was that all about? Why did you made Rarity go full Fashion Goddess on you and triggered Bastion like that?" She asked her. "And what do you mean by doing it all for science?"

"I was just curious. Aren't you curious?" Clone Twilight replied. "According to your memory, Pinkie Pie has some sort of power over Toon Force. I was just wondering if anyone of your friends also has powers." She replied. "Turns out I was correct, when I made Rarity angry enough, she shows a very powerful affinity of telekinesis and control over mineral."

Twilight face-hoofed after hearing that. "And it never occurred to you to simply ask them?" She asked her in disbelief. "I admit I didn't know Rarity is that powerful and..." She narrowed her eyes a little. "And if she were so powerful, how come she was so easily defeated by Trixie?"

The clone and the original looked at each other in realization. "The Elements of Harmony!!!" They exclaimed in a perfect sync.

"Princess Celestia said that the Elements are indestructible." The clone stated.

"But the Elements were destroyed during Bruce's arrival." Twilight replied.

"What if the Elements weren't actually destroyed?"

"And instead of being destroyed, the magic was transferred!"

They gasped at each other. "We/you must've absorbed the Elements of Harmony!" They both exclaimed in realization.

'BAM' The TARDIS door slammed open, revealing the doctor looking at them with a huge grin on his face. "Exactly!" He exclaimed with a huge grin on his face. "Now, since you've settled your difference. I remembered that I've never taken you to the future. SO!" He walked back into the TARDIS. "Well what are you waiting for Sparkles!?"

Both Twilight grinned at each other before following the Doctor into the TARDIS. "What's the future like?/How far are we going to?" They asked at the same as the door closed behind them.

'Vworrp' 'Vworrp' 'Vworrp'


Bruce and Spike sat on the balcony of the Golden Oak Library. They looked at the city of Ponyville in front of them with a tired look on their faces. The giant footprints of the Tree Monster are still visible and some SMILE agents are surrounding the library from all sides. They looked at each other for a moment before smiling.

"So this is how it feels like huh?" Bruce said.

Spike raised an eyebrow. "Feels what?"

The human stretches his arms and leaned to the right. "Well... you know! Being a side character, damsel in distress, that guy who came when all the action's over." He replied. "Kinda boring, don't you think?"

"I dunno, I prefer staying away from all the actions." Spike replied. "You might call it boring, but I call it basic survival instinct and common sense." Then he looked at the human. "Besides, aren't you tired of being the center of all the attention?"

Bruce nodded a little. "Well yeah, but sometimes, someone's gotta take the lead and save everypony's life." He replied. "So, do you want to get featured in the next chapter?"

Spike shook his head. "No thanks, cameo's fine. Or five paragraphs in then out. I like to keep my body intact, thank you very much." He replied.

"Good for you then, cause I think I'm gonna get in a much bigger trouble tomorrow." Bruce said.

"Thanks for the heads up. I'll make sure I'll take a day off tomorrow."

With that, the only characters who aren't ponies sat side by side, watching as the sun goes down in the beautiful city of Ponyville.

The End.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment