• Published 14th Nov 2017
  • 2,458 Views, 45 Comments

A Family Worth Having - DeathBloodBass



A continuation of To Where and Back Again, but with Miasma being the main villain of the episode.

  • ...
13
 45
 2,458

Saving Chrysalis

It's all over... Where did it go wrong?

It was all Chrysalis thought staggering in the Everfree Forest during a rainy night. Her body suffered from heavy burns from Miasma's blast along with the beating Miasma gave her.


"Sister...!", Chrysalis screams as the sphere engulfs her. In one last desperate move Chrysalis casts a teleportation spell on herself, just before the sphere explodes.


Chrysalis coughs green liquid out of her mouth and collapse hard to the ground, mud splashing all over her.

"I guess it all started started with a first battle..."


"Sister, what's the purpose in this attack?", a young Chrysalis asks wearing battle armor.

"Some senile centaur... What was his name, Gyabler?", Miasma asks turning to a chupacabra-like Changeling.

"Sendak.", Gyabler answers.

"Right, him. He promised me a unicorn in exchange for my magical knowledge. Of course I had no intention on keeping my promise.", Miasma said. "However it's already a month past the deadline and I don't like to be cheated. On the bright side I get myself a new kingdom to govern. How many does this one will make?"

"It'll be your fiftieth kingdom.", Gyabler answers.

Later...

Miasma and Chrysalis watches from afar as Miasma's army clashes with King Vorak's.

"Archers, prepare to fire on my command."

"But sister, won't we hit our own troops?", Chrysalis asks in corern, but Miasma gives her an uncaring look.

"Yes, but it'll hit their's as well.", Miasma said. "That's why we have reserves. Fire!"

Arrows shower the battlefield slaughtering the soldiers on both sides as this happen parts of the castle explodes.

"Good, my suicide squad have weaken the castle defenses.", Miasma said with an evil smile.

"My queen, the enemy forces have surrendered.", Gyabler reports.

"Round them up, I'll go speak with their leader.", Miasma said flying off. Chrysalis looks down to the bloody battlefield and spots of a centaur and a gargoyle fleeing the area.

"Something wrong?", Gyabler asks.

"No, nothing. Just not used to seeing this.", Chrysalis answers keeping quiet on fleeing duo.

"You'll get used to it and eventually enjoy it.", Gyabler said.

Later Chrysalis meets up with Miasma standing in front of the defeated King Vorak restrained by two large Changelings.

"You care about your people?", Miasma asks in amusement. She turns a fires a lethal spell on one of her Changelings with green liquid splattering on Chrysalis. "Care clouds judgement."

Miasma squeezes the King's throat. "That is why you lost. This place... isn't yours anymore."

Miasma casts a paralysis spell on King's Vorak's lungs causing him to suffocate.

"Kill them. And make it extremely painful.", Miasma said as the large Changelings starts crushing soldiers' skulls under their feet, while other cast fire magic on the civilians burning them alive. Gyabler walks up to Vorak and punches his face hard many times, until Vorak finally stopped breathing.

Later, Chrysalis dumps water from her helmet onto herself washing the green liquid off. After cleaning herself up and watches the surviving Changeling toss the bodies of their dead into the flames. Seeing this cause Chrysalis to cry.

"Stop your crying! It'll be the same on our next attack and the attacks afterward.", Miasma shouts. "Crying is a sign of weakness, and in the Empire we don't tolerate weakness!"


"Why am I so different from the rest? Why do I care? Why do I not have the guts to kill?", Chrysalis said sadly before falling unconscious. "I just wanted to be worthy of the family..."

From a distance, two squirrels watch the whole thing and nods to each other.


Starlight Glimmer stands in front of her new mirror that was given to her by Twilight Sparkle, admiring herself in the reflection, however ever since encountering Miasma something was on her mind.

"Even if it was a moment, you were actually considering the unicorn's offer."

Those words continue to play repeatedly in Starlight's mind, causing the young unicorn to feel uneased and distressed.

"Starlight," Twilight calls out causing Starlight to turn around and face her mentor. "Is everything all right? You've been awfully quiet since your ceremony today."

"Just a lot on my mind, that's all.", Starlight sighs. "If what Miasma said is true, then why did Chrysalis rejected my offer of friendship?"

"I don't know, Starlight.", Twilight said sitting next to Starlight. "But then again we know little about her. Even the Changelings knows nothing about her aside from what we already know."

"Miasma treated her own sister as if she's a stranger. I mean Chrysalis did some terrible things, but it sounds as if Miasma committed much more horrendous atrocities that frightened even Chrysalis."

"That's it!", Twilight said standing up in realization. "Starlight, remember what Miasma said on how she treated the Changelings?"

"Of course. In fact Thorax is still pretty traumatized over it.", Starlight said.

"Miasma sees the Changelings as nothing more than mindless drones, which means her hive consist of those simply programmed to obey what ever orders they're given. Chrysalis gave her hive personality, individuality, purpose.", Twilight explains. "In fact Chrysalis may have been the first and probably only Changeling Queen to do so."

"No wonder, Miasma wanted to get rid of her.", Starlight said.

Suddenly both Twilight and Starlight's stomach growl.

"We'll continue after we eat.", Twilight said blushing.


Starlight and the Mane Six sans Fluttershy were enjoying their breakfast, when suddenly Fluttershy bursts through the door.

"Fluttershy? Is everything okay?", Twilight asks.

"W-well before I left home for Sugercube Corner two of my squirrel friends came to my home telling me that they saw a Changeling in the woods.", Fluttershy said which got the ponies worried.

“So, the changeling they saw was tall and fierce, with purple mane and a scarred face?”

Fluttershy shakes her head giving relief to the others.

"They said this one have dark green mane."

“Chrysalis!”, the six said at the same time.

“We’ve got to go and find her: she’s still a dangerous enemy for all of Equestria, although not as dangerous as Miasma.”, Twilight states. "After all she did defeat Celestia, but I'm sure me and Starlight can counter any spell she throws at us."

Starlight smiles, her horn glowing with powerful magic. “Don’t worry, Twilight. We’ll all work together and we’ll be alright.”

With that said the seven ponies went out of Sugarcube Corner and ran towards the forest.


“Ugggh …”

Chrysalis groans as she slowly wakes up.

“My head hurts …” she mutters as she open one eye.

"Well, well. Look what we have here.", the recognizable voice said causing Chrysalis body to froze in terror.

"I was ordered leave this land and here I find the traitor.", a purple eye hornless Changeling wearing armor said pulling Chrysalis' muddy mane. "If I deliver you to Miasma, I'm sure to get a promotion."

Chrysalis realize that it's a Changeling officer as they are among the few to have personalities and limited free will.

"But before I do that I'll have some fun with you.", the officer said grabbing Chrysalis' horn and snaps it off.


"This is where my animal friends told me where they found her.", Fluttershy said pointing to a camouflaged clearing, before hearing a scream.

"That sounds like Chrysalis screaming!", Twilight said. "It came from that direction."

The seven quietly poke their heads through a bush and watch in horror at what they see.

"Please, just kill me!", Chrysalis cries in pain as the officer stabs Chrysalis' right foreleg with her own horn.

"Now I can't do that! I have to make this extremely painful.", the officer said picking up a bottle with a rag on it. "Something I picked up from a kingdom we conquered a long time ago.

He light the rag up and prepares to smash it on Chrysalis' head, but Twilight fires her magic straight towards the arm holding the bottle forcing the Changeling to drop it.

"Who did that?!", the Changeling shouts picking up the dropped bottle and throws it to the bush where the seven ponies are hiding.

"Yikes!", Twilight scream as she and the others burst out of the bush before is combust in flames.

"If it isn't the famous heroes of this pitiful kingdom. This is my lucky day.", the changeling said. "Bringing the heads of not only the traitor, but an alicorn and six Alicorn Candidates will give me the promotion of general/admiral."

"Alicorn Candidates? What do you...", Twilight asks, but stops when the Changeling transform into a cocoon. Bursting out of the cocoon is something that is definitely not a Changeling.


Changeling Officer New Form

"I'm Lt. Breaker, Miasma's Number 1 Interrogator!", Breaker announce. "And I'll enjoy breaking you."

Breaker throws his hammer straight towards Applejack. Applejack ducks down in time and sees the hammer breaking through several trees and boulders with ease. "Wow nelly! That's some muscle power!"

Rainbow Dash flies forward to Breaker, but Breaker kicks the dirt on the ground creating a cloud of dust blinding the blue pegasus. Breaker grabs her tail and slams her to the ground hard.

"Alright you meanie!", Pinkie Pie shouts grabbing her party cannon only to find it gone.

"Looking for this?", Breaker asks holding Pinkie Pie's cannon. He puts an iron ball inside and fires. Fortunately the shot miss, but did leave a bald spot on Pinkie's head.

Applejack jumps in to strike, but Breaker steps to the side and kicks Applejack's stomach hard sending her crashing to a tree. Rainbow Dash makes her move and Breaker simply elbows her face. Breaker wraps Fluttershy with chains and swings her body to a tree knocking it down.

Twilight and Starlight both fire a powerful blast on Breaker, but her he easily swats the beam aside with little effort.

"You brats think you're something just because you brought down weaklings like Discord, Sombra and Tirek!", Breaker said. "Please the enemies you fought are just ants compared to those residing in the unknown as you call it."

"You're from the unknown?", Twilight asks in shock.

"Of course I am!", Breaker said. "But unlike your more tamable Equestria the unknown is like the Everfree forest, but a thousand times worse. There it is survival of the fittest. Now then where was I? Ah, yes!"

Breaker grabs both Twilight's and Starlight's face and slam their heads hard to the ground then look at Starlight.

"So you're the one, who turned Chrysalis' hive onto those freaks. I'll start with you.", Breaker said pulling out an axe. "I'll enjoy beheading you."

Breaker raise his axe and prepares to swing it down, with Starlight closing her eyes awaiting her death. She then feels something dripping on her face and open her eyes. She sees a sharp object jabbed into Breaker's eye. Breaker drops his axe and falls on his back.

"Starlight! Are you alright?", Twilight said helping her student up.

"I am now.", Starlight said. "Thanks for saving me."

"It wasn't me.", Twilight said turning to the others. "Was it any of you girls?"

Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy and Pinkie shakes their heads.

Starlight takes a closer inspection on the sharp object and realize that it's actually Chrysalis' horn.

"It was Chrysalis.", Starlight said pulling the horn out. "She saved me."

Twilight walks over to Chrysalis' body.

"How is she?", Starlight asks limping to her teacher.

"She's unconscious and took in much worse compared to have we just got.", Twilight said suffering a black eye, bloody nose and a mild headache.

"What the hay was that?!", Rainbow shouts plugging her bloody nose. "That guy just totally wasted us like it was nothing!"

"You telling me!", Applejack said suffering some bruises. "He didn't even use his magic!"

"We'll worry about that later.", Twilight said. "For now we should focus on Chrysalis."

"How bad is it?", Fluttershy asks suffering an extremely sore back.

"It's worse than I thought, not only is she still suffering the damage Miasma gave her but also the ones from the one called Breaker.", Twilight said in worry. "If we don't treat her immediately, she'll die."

"Twilight, let's try that spell we worked on.", Starlight suggests.

"The advanced teleportation spell: powerful enough to multiple teleportation at the same time.", Twilight said in agreement. "The safest place to go is the castle. Since Chrysalis is bigger than us we must cast the spell at the same time."

"I won't let you leave!", Breaker said standing back up much to the ponies shock.

"How are you still alive?!", Starlight said.

"It'll take more than that to kill me.", Breaker said grabbing his axe and pulling out a pickaxe.

The two powerful ponies quickly put their horns together and cast the spell. Swirls of purplish turquoise light surrounds the group, the glow intensifies, there was a big flash and then they were gone.

"Tch! They escaped!", Breaker mutters. "Oh well. They probably weren't worth much anyway. Now to find my hammer."

Breaker walks off to search for his hammer he threw.


"Here it is.", Breaker said picking up his hammer, but then looks up to see strange crystal-like tree inside a cave in front of him. "I've never seen a tree like this before."

Breaker place his hand on the truck and close his eyes.

"I sense powerful magic within it and it feels so familiar. In fact it almost feels like Faust's.", Breaker said in a shocked tone which then turns to an evil grin. "I guess I'll get that promotion after all."

Break raise his axe and starts chopping down the tree.