• Published 14th Nov 2017
  • 2,457 Views, 45 Comments

A Family Worth Having - DeathBloodBass



A continuation of To Where and Back Again, but with Miasma being the main villain of the episode.

  • ...
13
 45
 2,457

Rainbow Power

"Rainbow Power?", Twilight asks sitting by the Cutie Map along with the rest of the Mane Six, Starlight and Spike. "That was the power we used to defeat Tirek?"

"Yes, it's power was discovered and created by Faust herself.", Chrysalis said. "In other words it was Faust's power that helped you save Equestria from Tirek."

Twilight could only squeal in delight. She and her friends used magic created by Queen Faust herself.

"How did she even discover magic like that?", Applejack asks.

"Well, since you did use it before I suppose it's only fair you know the origin.", Chrysalis said using her horn to create the scene.


"Alright! We're only halfway there in gathering allies!", Ace cheers as the group returns to their base.

"Yes, but that just mean that the Empire will now use everything they have against us.", Faust said. "Before we were shrugged off as minor annoyances, but after losing much of the territory their claimed and the loss of some of their Kings and Queens. They're going to get serious now."

"We now have nine of these Gems of Power or rather Elements of Harmony as Grogar call them now.", Ace said.

"You're right the Elements of Harmony are no doubt strong, but I still don't think it can beat Miasma and the more powerful members of the Royal Family yet.", Faust said staring at the nine gems attached to her shield.

"What? Even thought it's that powerful?"

"Yeah. I think there's some great power that has yet to be discovered or created within them."


"This is getting us nowhere!", Solar shouts slamming his fist to the meeting table where all the Changeling Kings and Queens all in the battle forms have gathered. "We've already lost nearly half the territory we've conquered and several of our siblings!"

"Calm down, Solar.", Lunar said. "The resistance will be crushed and don't forget our rejuvenation pods are restoring our siblings back to life."

"That's not the point! The Changeling Empire is one of the most powerful kingdom in the world and if we let continue our names will be besmirched."

"If I recall the rebels responsible for our humiliating defeat was from Miasma's territory, thus making this her responsibility.", Myxine said.

"Fine, I'll go and finish them off for good.", Miasma said in annoyance. "But I'll need some help, since I am dealing with Faust's group."

The Channgelings then turn to the eldest of the siblings.

"Take Drake and Sleipnir with out. They should be more than enough to help you out.", the first born said.

"Finally, a chance to rampage!", Drake the 8th son of the family cheers coming out of the shadows revealing himself.


Drake's Battle Form

"Brother. If you say so, then it shall be done.", Sleipnir the 2nd son of the family said standing up revealing himself. "My beloved horses like to freely run sometimes."


Sleipnir's Battle Form

The three changelings leave to do their duty.

"Not only Miasma, but the Empire's Shield and Sword?", Ambrosia asks in shock. "They are among the strongest of us siblings."

"Not only that, but Brake and Sleipnir are also hybrids making them even more formidable.", the first born said.


"What they hay are hybrids?!", Rainbow Dash asks interrupting the story.

"A mix breed of Changeling and of another species.", Chrysalis said. "Drake is half Changeling and half dragon, while Sleipnir is half Changeling and half pony (alicorn)."

"Wait you mean that your mother...?"

"Yes, she did.", Chrysalis said as Spike makes a thoughtful and sneaky grin.

"Don't even think about it Spike.", Twilight said glaring at the young dragon.

"Drake possess not only the strength, durability and attributes of a dragon, but he also retains the abilities of a Changeling. In other words a dragon capable to using magic."

"And regular dragons are scary enough it is.", Fluttershy said. "What about Sleipnir?"

"I don't know. He rarely fought with his abilities, since he mainly fights in close combat.", Chrysalis said.


"This place should be far enough.", Faust said as she and a select few stop at what will soon to be Ghastly Gorge.

"Why can't you figure out the undiscovered power at the base?", Starswirl asks only to get a two-fingered strike from a magic hand created by Faust. "Ow!"

"If I do that, Miasma would sense it as well, since she's connected to the Elements as well, albeit by force.", Faust said.

"How are you going to find this undiscovered power?", Amore asks.

"By entering a trance my spirit will enter the Elements of Harmony. There I will find what I seek.", Faust said entering a meditation stance. "However this will leave my body vulnerable, which is why I need you to guard it."

Faust closes her eyes and separates her soul from her body entering her shield holding the nine Elements.


Faust spirit travels inside the elements finds what she seeks.

"That was easy, but then again I did cheat.", Faust said.


"Well, well. Look what we got here.", Miasma said landing before the group. Knight makes the first move by throwing a jump kick only for Drake to land between the two and take the hit. To Knight it feels like he just kicked a wall made out of steel.

"Um, new general?", Amore asks.

"My brother and he's more than enough to handle you fools.", Miasma said. "Acquaint yourself with them."

"With pleasure, sister.", Drake said staring with a large jump to the sky until he could no longer be seen. The ponies then see something bright coming towards them.

"Meteor brings mass extinction!", Drake announce diving towards the ponies like a meteor. The ponies quickly scatter barely avoiding the impact and shockwave made. Drake walks out of the crater and turns to Knight. "Tornado decimates thick forest!"

Drake stretch his arms and twirl incredibly fast, until he became a tornado.

"Oh colt!", Knight said climbing up a tree only to jump on to another as Drake cuts them down.

Miasma could only laugh at how helpless the ponies are against Drake, before seeing Faust in a meditative stance and the Elements glowing.

"Does the good alicorn think she will outsmart me?", Miasma asks entering her own meditative stance.

"I don't know that Miasma is up to, but this will teach her to drop her guard when I'm here.", Clover the Clever said doing a jump kick only to kick something and hit the ground. "Invisible force field?! No fair!"


Inside the Elements, Faust is close to create the new power the Elements will possess until Miasma appears in front of her.

"Miasma!", Faust gasps.

"Good, you finished the new power.", Miasma said smiling. "But I'm afraid you won't get the chance to use it."

Miasma starts firing lasers out of her eyes forcing Faust to be on the defensive.


Knight does several backflip avoiding each strikes Drake made, but stops upon hitting a dead end. Knight smiles nervously as Drake throws a punch. Knight ducks in time resulting in Drake punching a boulder behind Knight causing it to crumble to dust.

"Hiyah!", Knight shouts throwing a punch to to Drake's chest. A sound of metal being hit is heard as Knight clutch his hoof in pain.

Starswirl and Amore cast their most powerful magic attack, but it barely even phase him.

"That all you got?", Drake asks in disappointment. "Here's mine!"

Drake spits fire out of his mouth, while shooting lighting out of his horns.

"Since when can dragons use magic?!", Star Swirl asks in shock ducking into a trench.

"He's half Changeling and half dragon.", Amore answers ducking inside as well. "Meaning he possess the abilities of both a dragon and changeling."

"A dragon and a Changeling King alone are troublesome enough, but a hybrid?"

"And a good one as well.", Amore said. "The dragon's resilience against magic depends on how old the dragon is and I hate to say this, but he's very old."

"Great so we can't hurt him with magic and his hard body make it impossible for physical attacks to harm him."

"Why don't we try enhancing our physical blows with our magic like he did?"

"But that requires synchronizing our magic with our body. It'll takes months to master that."

"Well, we have only seconds!", Amore screams Drake punches the ground shaking it hard.


Miasma opens her eyes with a smile on her face. She then walks to the nine Elements of Harmony.

"Now for the new power.", Miasma said grabbing the shield, but notice something wrong. "What?!"

The outburst got both sides to stop fighting.

"The new magic is no longer here!", Miasma said throwing the shield to the ground in frustration. "Where is it?!"

"Oh! Outsmarted by the Fausticorn!", Clover said pointing to the meditating Faust.

"Was I?", Miasma said revealing an orb containing Faust's spirit.

"Let me out!", Faust shouts trying to break free. The ponies all gasp at what they saw.

"Your Fausticorn and myself have much to discuss.", Miasma said teleporting out of the area with Drake following. The ponies quickly gather around the empty body of Faust.

"Faust?!"

"Master?!"

"Say something!"

"Wake up! Wake up!"


"Woah nelly, that's Changeling I hope I don't come across.", Applejack said sweating nervously.

"How is it possible?!", Twilight asks. "Trapping a spirit with an orb?"

"The orb used to trap Faust spirit is the Orb of Containment, one of the Empire's Nine National Treasures.", Chrysalis answers. "Just like my throne."

"Um, Twilight? What's the damage when you destroy a national treasure belonging to another kingdom?", Starlight whispers.

"Worst case scenario, an all out war.", Twilight whispers back. "Don't worry, I have all the pieces for research purposes. I'll put them back together. I hope..."

"If the throne and that orb have that kind of power I hate to imagine what the other seven can do.", Starlight whispers. "I mean the throne neutralize magic within a certain distance and that orb can contain spirits and whatever else possible."

"Ahem! May I continue?", Chrysalis asks,

"Yes, sorry.", Twilight said.


"We have to get Faust's life force back!", Star Swirl said carrying the said alicorn's body to a cave nearby.

"A quick before Miasma makes it... er... Faust tell her where she hid the new power.", Knight said.

"Miasma can't get the power unless we find it first.", Clover said.

"But we cannot find it with Faust.", Star Swirl said. "And only she knows how to cast a locator spell."

"You're Faust's apprentice. Can't you cast one yourself?", Clover asks.

"But I had not much practice in such complicated spells.", Star Swirl said nervously.

"You'll do fine.", Clover said, before turning to Knight and Amore. "Come on, let's go spirit hunting."

"Um, Clover. Perhaps you should remain here and be Star Swirl's apprentice.", Knight suggests.

"Oh, right. Miasma got Drake with her.", Clover said nervously. "Way dangerous."

"Yes, it is.", Amore said grimly.


"So do you want a piece of Faust?", Faust asks with the orb she is trapped inside sitting on an altar. "I will just require my other half first."

"If you ever want to see your half again.", Miasma warns. "Surrender the location of the new power you created with the Gems of Power."

"Very well...", Faust said. "You may find what you are looking for in a secret place. Very close to..."

Miasma leans close to hear better only to receive a raspberry from Faust.

"Fool!", Miasma shouts. "The Orb of Containment will reveal your secrets. Exposing those thoughts you most hold dear."

An image of a triple chocolate fudge cake with chocolate icing and chocolates on top appears.

"Chocolate cake?!"

"It is my favorite.", Faust said.

"I'll just search deeper into your mind."

Miasma sees a image of Faust spanking Miasma as if the Changeling Queen was a baby.

"What is this?!"

"Your destiny, cruel one!"

Miasma growls in anger and she search deeper and smiles upon finding the information she needs.

"Clever, but not clever enough."


"The Ghastly Caverns.", Knight said as he and Amore approach the network of caves. "What are our chances against Miasma? Will the two of us be enough?"

"I'm sorry, but no. We may have improved to the point that we can fight the officers to an even ground, but the Royal Family are on a whole other level.", Amore said. "From what Faust told me, the Changeling Kings and Queens are the Changeling Empire's "Greatest Military Power". I'm afraid only those who live and survive in the Unknown have a chance against them, neither of us have done so."

"So we only have a few members in the rebellion capable of fighting a Changeling King or Queen to a stand still.", Knight said. "All the more reason to get Faust back and use the new power."


"You are crazy if you think that brute of a brother will obtain the new power.", Faust said.

"Oh? And who will stop him?", Miasma asks as Faust spots Amore and Knight sneaking in.

"Knight? Amore?", Faust said. The two unicorns quickly signal Faust to shush. Luckily for them Miasma simply assume that the names were Faust's answers.

"You're friends have already demonstrated that they are no match for one of the Empire's most powerful warriors.", Miasma said looking away giving Knight the opportunity to snatch the orb.

"What's the matter? Can't make a comeback?", Miasma asks turning to see the orb containing Faust is gone. "What?! Guards!"


"You are going the wrong way!", Faust said as Knight and Amore runs to the exit.

"I know where we're going.", Knight said making a turn only to bump into Breaker. "Oops."

"See? Wrong way!"

Breaker pulls out a pick-axe and a sledgehammer and attacks.


"Don't worry, Star Swirl.", Clover said. "The tenth try is usually the charm."

Star Swirl turns to the damage that his previous nine tries did. He then puts the last ingredients into the cauldron and gasps as the Element of Magic emerges from the cauldron glowing.

"You did it, Star Swirl!", Clover cheers at the success.

"No.", Star Swirl said grabbing the Element. "It should only glow when the power is near."

The two sigh at another failure and Star Swirl toss the Element aside landing near Faust's body which then glows even brighter.

"Huh? Of course!", Clover said slapping her hoof to her head, before running to Faust's body. "Faust hid the power in the last place anyone would think of looking. Herself."

Clover then notice the Faust looks much different. She appears more rainbow-like. How did either ponies and changelings miss that?

"Happy time is over!", Drake said walking out of the shadow.

Star Swirl quickly casts a spell, which Drake easily swats aside. Drake then grabs Star Swirl and throws him through the wall out of the cave.

"Leave Faust alone!", Clover warns blocking Drake's path. Drake responds by throwing her out as well, fortunately Star Swirl catches her before she hits the ground, but the two watch helplessly as Drake leaves with Faust's body. At that very same moment both Amore and Knight return, albeit completely battered. They both see Drake leaving with Faust's body.

"Faust, why does Drake have your body?", Knight asks the orb.

"Because that is where I hid the new power!", Faust answers in an it's so obvious tone.

"Of course it is.", Knight groans.

"Faust!", Star Swirl calls out grabbing the orb. "Are you alright?"

"Do I look alright?!", Faust asks. "Quickly, Star Swirl. You must find a spell to release me!"

"Uh... Um... Me?", Star Swirl said. "Isn't it Knight's or Amore's turn to cast a spell?"

"The two must retrieve my body from Drake!", Faust answers causing the two unicorns to gulp nervously.


"Do you have the alicorn?", Miasma asks Drake telepathically.

"Yeah, sis.", Drake said dropping the body to the ground as Miasma teleport to the area.

"Good, my patience wears thin.", Miasma said approaching the body. "Pity I have to do this, but once I absorb the power within you. I shall see to it that your spirit have nowhere to return."

Amore and Knight arrives just in time, but Drake stands in the way.

"You deal with Drake, I'll delay Miasma.", Amore said teleporting past Drake. Drake turns to give chase, but stops when Knight grabs him by the shoulder.

"Stop!", Knight demand and so smile nervously as Drake growls and elbows Knight towards a cliff wall.

"Thunder Fist!", Drake shouts as his fist charges with electricity. Drake hits the wall, due to Knight ducking causing the cliff to shake and boulders burying him. Knight smiles thinking Drake is down for the count only to freak out when the said hybrid climbs out of the rubble completely unharmed.

"If that doesn't stop him then what will?", Knight screams running away, but Drake jumps over him and grabs the unicorn. Miasma tosses a defeated, but still conscious Amore to Drake.

"Deal with them as you see fit.", Miasma said returning to absorb the power.

"Why couldn't Faust give us the new power?", Knight mutters as Drake holds both unicorns upside down over a large cliff.

"Now with no more interruptions.", Miasma said preparing the drain the magic then suddenly Faust sits back up.

"Hello.", Faust greets with a smile, much to the Changeling's shock and the ponies joy. Miasma backs away in fear feeling the increased magic within Faust.

"And goodbye!", Faust said firing a rainbow blast from her horn blasting Miasma far away.

"What power! It rivals that of the Nine National Treasures", Miasma screams struggling to deflect the blast away as she is blown away. "And I was so clones to obtain it!"

"Faust!", Knight cheers happy to see the alicorn.

"Who wants a piece of Faust?", Faust asks cracking her hooves. Drake drops the two unicorns and approach the alicorn, while Knight and Amore screams as the fall. Luckily the two manage to grabs onto a branch.

"Earthquake Fists!", Drake roars slamming his fists onto Faust, but to his surprise Faust easily catches his arms before they could hit her. Drake starts throwing a barrage of punches and kicks to the alicorn, but she easily blocks them off with no effort at all. Faust then throws an attack of her own, a simple hoof tap which sends Drake crashing to the cliff. Drake growls in frustration and swings his spiked tail to Faust, which is a bad move as Faust catches his tail and starts spinning. Faust then lets go sending Drake flying far away.

"Woah, now that is some power-up.", Clover said arriving with Star Swirl as Knight and Amore reach the top. "What do you call it?"

"How about something simple like Rainbow Power?", Faust asks returning to normal.


"Woah, if that defeated both Drake and Miasma, no wonder we beat Tirek so easily.", Rainbow Dash said. "If we do it again then we can easily take out Miasma and the other Kings and Queens."

"Were you not listening?!", Chrysalis asks. "The Rainbow Power is a power-up! Not an invincibility potion!"

"What?"

"The Rainbow Power simply gives you a boost of power.", Chrysalis explains. "Even if you do use it, you're still nowhere near Miasma's level and besides it is not something to achieve easily. And before you ask only Faust knows the secret and she's no longer here, so you have to figure it out yourself."

With that said and done Chrysalis leave to retire in her room leaving Twilight and her friends to ponder. How will they use the Rainbow Power again, since the first time they used it was when they opened the box.

Author's Note:

This chapter is mostly based off of The Ox-Head Incident from Jackie Chan Adventures.