• Published 14th Nov 2017
  • 2,457 Views, 45 Comments

A Family Worth Having - DeathBloodBass



A continuation of To Where and Back Again, but with Miasma being the main villain of the episode.

  • ...
13
 45
 2,457

Heir to the Throne Part 1 - Blueblood's Return

Somewhere in the Unknown...

A white unicorn stallion with blue mane and tail with a cutie mark of a compass is seen sweeping the floors of a large temple.

"No matter how many times I do this, I still can't get use to it.", the unicorn said. "Then again I have servants doing the sweeping."

"Good afternoon.", a trench coated pony said entering the temple grounds. "If you are too busy, perhaps someone else can assist me."

"I'm currently the only one here.", the unicorn said. "How can I help you?"

"I was wondering if you know what this is.", the trench coated pony said revealing a totem-like object. The unicorn takes closer look to inspect allowing the pony to press the object and spray out gas knocking the unicorn out.


Later in Canterlot...

The unicorn now with a longer blonde mane and tail, groans as he wakes up.

"Where am I?", the unicorn asks looking at the mirror. "Who am I?"

"You are Blueblood.", the trench coat pony said removing his trench coat and hat revealing himself to be Svengallop. "The true ruler of Equestria."


Back at the temple...

"Assassin next time you take Sterling to movies by yourself.", Elemental said. "Popcorn stale, sound too loud and story unrealistic."

The trio then notice the temple doors still wide open.

"I told Templar never to the temple doors open.", Elemental grumbles entering. "He let's bandits in and air conditioning out!"

"Templar?", Sterling calls out finding the whole place deserted. "Hello?"

"He probably stepped out for a minute.", Assassin Creed said.

"Templar would never leave the temple without leaving a note.", Elemental said.

"I don't like to look of these hoof prints.", Sterling said pointing to the floor. "One of them looks like they were dragged."


"I am Svengallop.", the earth pony said introducing himself. "Don't you remember me?"

"I remember nothing.", Blueblood answers with his hoof on his forehead.

"This potion with definitely worth a single penny.", Svengallop whispers to himself looking at the totem. "I would seem that you are a victim of amnesia. Allow me to fill in some blanks. I am your top adviser and a high-class noble. And I am your best friend."

Blueblood looks around the rundown hotel. "High-class noble?"

"Er... a temporary setback I assure you.", Svengallop said before grabbing a book. But it was only yesterday that you and I were at the top of our game."

Svengallop opens the book showing Blueblood photos of events he and Svengallop participated in. He then turn the pages to a newspaper clipping of Blueblood being the nephew of Princess Celestia and thus the prince. "You are also prince of this kingdom and rightful heir to the throne."

"So it is true.", Blueblood said grabbing the book. "But why am I here?"

"I'm afraid that your loving aunt tossed you aside for somepony better and that said pony is responsible for your current state, including your amnesia.", Svengallop said turning the pages to a photo of Princess Twilight Sparkle and her friends. "Princess Twilight Sparkle and her friends."

"They will pay!", Blueblood said charging his horn.

"In good time, my friend. In good time.", Svengallop said. "First we have a very important trip to make."


Elemental cast a locator spell to locate Templar and it points to Equestria.

"Templar is in Equestria.", Elemental said.

"How did he get there?", Assassin asks.

"I told you he's been kidnapped. Let's bring our pal home."


"Sven, why are we heading for Ponyville where Princess Twilight Sparkle resides?", Blueblood asks wearing a cloak to mask his appearance. "She's an alicorn and thus one of the most powerful creatures in Equestria."

"True, but the Cutie Map in her castle is our fastest means of transportation to find what we need. One of the Changeling's Nine National Treasure hidden away by Faust.", Svengallop said. "Once you get your hooves on it, you'll be unstoppable. Now be on your best behavior, while I prepare the spell scroll."


"Elemental, why do we have to transform ourselves into unicorns?", Sterling asks as the trio exits out of the portal hidden in an alley way in Ponyville. "Equestria has alicorns too.

"In Equestria the alicorns are known to be deities. Plus our presence as alicorns would attract unwanted attention.", Elemental said closing the portal.

"I think I can see Templar.", Assassin Creed said pointing at a cloaked pony sitting by the table.

"He is safe.", Elemental sighs in relief.

"Why is he back to his Blueblood look?", Sterling asks.

"It would seem my student seeks peace with those close to him.", Elemental said. "But first I'll give a piece... Of Elemental for making us worried sick!"

"I'll just hide in the shadows and keep an eye out.", Assassin Creed said blending inside the shadows.

"Hey, Templar!", Sterling calls out jumping onto Blueblood.

"Remove yourself child!", Blueblood said in a threatening tone causing Sterling to jump off.

"What's with that tone?", Sterling asks. "I came all this way from the Unknown looking for you."

"You are a lousy temple keeper! You leave without sweeping! I could've slipped on dust and broken hip!", Elemental said.

"What are you jabbering about old fool?!", Blueblood asks in annoyance and confusion. Both Elemental and Sterling gasps in shock.

"You speak to your Sensei that way?!", Elemental cries out creating a magic hand and do a two finger strike on Blueblood's head.

"Ow!", Blueblood cries out before standing up, remove his cloak and charge his horn.

"Blueblood, what is with you?", Sterling asks.

"You know my name?", Blueblood asks in shock.

"Blueblood it is you!", Twilight calls out galloping to the unicorn with Starlight. "We were so worried after you ran away."

"It's Twilight Sparkle!", Sterling hums with hearts swirling around her head.

"Twilight Sparkle?", Blueblood said.

"So you do remember me.", Twilight said in joy.

"My nemesis!"

"Huh?"

Blueblood fires a magical beam towards the unprepared Twilight. Sterling quickly pushes Twilight out of the way avoid the beam. Before Blueblood could fire another shot, Assassin Creed jumps out of the shadows and restrains him

"Templar, what has gotten into you?!", Assassin Creed grunts struggling to keep him restrained. Blueblood jumps backwards crashing to a wall with Assassin taking most of the damage. "Oof!"

Blueblood creates nine swords, made out of lightning, behind him.

"Twilight? Can Blueblood do that?", Starlight asks.

"No!", Twilight said as Blueblood launches them towards her. Twilight creates a shield, but the blades easily pierce through, fortunately Starlight teleports Twilight out of the way before the blades could cut her.

Blueblood prepares another spell, but stops and catches a rope that was about to lasso him.

"I got him Twi!", Applejack said as the rest of the Element Bearers arrive.

"Spike, send a letter to the princesses!", Twilight orders as Blueblood swings bot the rope and Applejack to a strawberry stand.

"I hate strawberries.", Applejack mutters as she covered in strawberry jam.

Spike was about to send the letter when Svengallop grabs hold of him and tears the letter to pieces.

"Ah ah ah! Can't let you call for the heavy artillery.", Svengallop said spraying Spike with the same totem he used on Blueblood. "Enjoy your amnesia."

Both Elemental and Sterling watch as the Mane Six, Starlight and Assassin Creed tries to stop Blueblood.

"Templar is not acting like himself.", Elemental said.

"Oh, yes he is.", Sterling said. "His Prince Blueblood self, but more aggressive than cowardly."

Blueblood creates one thousand blades of light and launch them towards the eight ponies. Rarity, Twilight and Starlight combine their magic to create a stronger barrier and although the blades manage to pierce the shield, none manage to get through.

"Tch! In that case...", Blueblood horn shoots out a red, brown, blue and green orb into a sky creating a a large magic circle hovering over Ponyville.

"Aiyah!", Elemental screams in horror. "Are you trying to destroy this whole town?"

"Templar, stop this!", Sterling said galloping to the unicorn. "Why are you trying to kill Twilight Sparkle?"

"Because she tried to get rid of me!", Blueblood answers confusing the ponies.

"If that's your excuse, then shame on you!", Assassin Creed said swinging a bell he took from the bell tower towards Blueblood. Blueblood screams as he gets knocked into the Everfree Forest crashing through several trees. The blow successfully cancels out the spell.

"Maybe that will knock some sense into him!", Elemental said.

"But how did it get out of him in the first place?", Assassin asks putting down the bell.

"I think the well dressed pony sneaking away have something to do with it.", Sterling said pointing to Svengallop trying to sneak away.

"Svengallop?", The Mane Six said in shock.

"You know him?", Sterling asks.

"He used to be Coloratura's manager.", Twilight answers.

Svengallop makes a run for it, but Assassin jumps in blocking his escape.

"Stop!", Assassin shouts taking his fighting stance. "What have you done to Templar?"

"Last I saw he crashed into the Everfree Forest.", Svengallop answers. "Your doing I believe."

"Tell us the truth!", Sterling demands.

"Perhaps Blueblood or rather Templar as you now call him had enough of doing commoner's work and decided to take a better offer.", Svengallop said. "Being the ruler of Equestria."

"Commoner's work may be dirty work, but at least it is honest.", Elemental said.

"Templar gave up his Blueblood identity to start a new life!", Sterling said. "He'll never return to his old self!"

"If you don't believe me then why don't you ask him?", Svengallop said pointing to Blueblood standing behind the group. Blueblood casts a dark spell jabbing black crystals to the horns and black rope to bind the wings. He then use a levitation spell to lift up the ten ponies and dump them all into a cellar. He then drops Tom the Rock onto the exit blocking it.

"Nobles: Ten! Commoners: Zero!", Svengallop said with a smile. "Come, Blueblood."

The two head for the Castle of Friendship. Unknown to the group the CMC watched the entire thing.

"We've got to get Chrysalis!", Scootaloo said.

"Why not Princess Celestia, Luna or Cadance?", Sweetie Belle asks.

"No offense to the princesses, but Chrysalis is more reliable in a fight.", Scootaloo said. "I mean they don't have much of a winning streak. Rainbow Dash even told me that a bunch of thorny vines captured Celestia and Luna. Plus Chrysalis did nearly conquer Equestria twice and she only lost due to a miracle and luck."

"Well since you put it that way. Let's go get Chrysalis.", Sweetie Belle said as the trio head off to find her. As the three leave Spike gets up.

"Who am I?", the amnestic Spike asks.


"I take it this is your doing, Greed.", Miasma said watching from a distance as Greed lands behind her.

"Of course, I do run a black market.", Greed said. "My business is to provide aid to the needy, which is what some ponies are thanks to Twilight Sparkle and her friends. It's ironic actually. Twilight Sparkle and her friends spread the Magic of Friendship to make new friends and solve problems, but at the same time create resentment from others."

"Starlight Glimmer being a perfect example.", Miasma said. "Still, what is so special with Prince Blueblood? From what I learned he's nothing more than a spoiled snobby brat."

"Perhaps, but he also possess the Heavenly Body Magic.", Greed said surprising Blueblood.

"Heavenly Body Magic?! That's one of the most powerful class of magic in the world and you're telling me that brat possess it?", Miasma asks.

"Indeed, that kind of magic can only by gained when someone is born on the day the planets align.", Greed said. "And that someone is Blueblood."

"I guess even someone like him can get lucky.", Miasma said.

"The fool Celestia has been focusing those displaying magical capabilities that she failed to notice those with magic locked within like Blueblood. Those locks can only be broken when the caster release a strong sense of emotions."

"So Blueblood isn't the only noble with latent ability.", Miasma said. "What about Sweet Victory?"

"Not all nobles have such luck.", Greed said. "By my calculations at least ten nobles including Blueblood possess latent abilities."


Both Svengallop and Blueblood enter the throne room where they see nine cloaked ponies waiting for them.

Svengallop toss the scroll onto the Cutie Map causing both to glow and create a portal to another location.

"Through the portal lies an artifact that'll make you more powerful than the combine force of the alicorns, Sombra, Tirek, Chrysalis and Discord.", Svengallop said with a smile, before the eleven ponies walk through before the portal closes.