• Published 14th Nov 2017
  • 2,458 Views, 45 Comments

A Family Worth Having - DeathBloodBass



A continuation of To Where and Back Again, but with Miasma being the main villain of the episode.

  • ...
13
 45
 2,458

Changeling's Life

Near the borders of Equestria...

"What's so special about this tree?", Breaker asks.

"Fool! This is no ordinary tree. This is the Tree of Harmony and the a remnant of Faust.", Miasma said.

"How do you know that?"

"Because I was there witnessing the battle that decide the fate of Equestria.", Miasma said thinking back. "And her final moments..."


Miasma opens her eyes after being briefly blinded from Faust's final attack on Gadoma and Chaos. To her shock Gadoma stands with a large hole on the chest, while Chaos and his entire army are nowhere to be seen. Not only that the damage caused by Chaos have been reversed as the once dying Equestria has been restored to it harmonic glory. Miasma looks down and sees Star Swirl regaining conscious. But then realize something...

"Where's Faust?", Miasma mutters closing her eyes to sense her presence, but is unable to do so. "Don't tell me... She died... and it was not by my hooves!"

"I later discover one of Chaos' generals manage to escape the blast in time."

"Look at what you did.", the silhouette said looking at the destroyed Gadoma. "Faust is definitely something, along with those Elements of Harmony. Even if Faust is no longer among you, those Elements will no doubt keep this land safe. But that's not gonna happen."

The silhouette walks to the scattered Elements on the ground and starts picking them up, putting them all in a bag. Star Swirl gets up trying to stop him. "I won't let you!"

The silhouette responds by punching Star Swirl's face knocking him to the ground, before picking up what he believed to be the last Element.

"This kingdom may still have two alicorns, but they are no Faust. Never have and never will.", the silhouette laughs putting the last element in his bag.

"You make it sound like there are different levels of Alicorn.", Star Swirl said struggling to get up.

"So course there are. Three levels to be precise.", the silhouette said bending down to Star Swirl grabbing his beard. "First there are the 3rd class, the Ascended Alicorns aka Mud-Bloods. Their regular ponies that have done something worthy to become Alicorns, but they are by far the weakest of the kind, though there are extremely rare cases where they can be just as powerful as Pure-Bloods. Then there are the 2nd class, Half-Bloods. They're alicorns with a single alicorn parent, and while they may be stronger than those Mud-Bloods their power still pale in comparison to the Pure-Bloods. Finally we have the 1st class, Pure-Bloods. Their alicorns, where both parents are alicorns and are the most powerful of the species. So powerful that killing one will make your name legendary."

"Faust's kids can move the sun and moon, so what?", the silhouette asks standing up. "Almost everyone in the Unknown can do that. Do you want to know why the beings in the Unknown are so powerful? The answer is simple, magic is born to be used as military weapon to spill gallons of blood! Friendship is magic? That's just a garbage fantasy. I'm sure you understand that magic leads to death and destruction."

"That's not true!", Star Swirl argues. "If magic is used correctly, it'll definitely bring happiness to all life!"

"And what makes you so sure? Are you saying magic has never harmed anyone before?", the silhouette asks. Star Swirl went quiet, unable to answer. "Just as I thought."

The silhouette turns to leave, but Star Swirl grabs his leg. "Give back... the Elements..."

"Such heroic nonsense.", the silhouette said kicking Star Swirl to the face hard, knocking him out. "These things are practically useless to me, but I'm sure I'll make big bucks out of it. It'll also make it difficult for you to find them."

The silhouette leaves the area laughing. Miasma decides to leave in disgust and disappointment as her chance of revenge is robbed from her, but stops upon seeing something shiny. She approach the location where the shine is coming from and finds six of the Elements of Harmony circling what appears to be a seed made out of crystal. Miasma touches the seed and backs away upon feeling the power within.

"Faust..."

With an evil grin, Miasma use her magic to combine the six remaining Elements into the seed and drops it off in front of the unconscious Star Swirl.


"Wait, so you're said that this tree is Faust?"

"Yes and no.", Miasma answers. "And that's all you're going to get from me."

Miasma walks up to the tree and tears a branch off of it.

"I may have been robbed of my revenge on Faust, so I'll settle with the second best thing.", Miasma said. "The Magic of Creation!"

Miasma stabs her chest with the branch and starts assimilating the magic into her body.

"Put the tree back to where you found it.", Miasma said to Breaker.

"Aw, don't be so hard on him.", Ambrosia said coming out of nowhere.

"Where did you come from?!"

"Fourth wall. Not important.", Ambrosia answers cheerfully.

"What do you want?", Miasma asks. "Are you going to tell me that those alicorns are going to be a threat?"

"No, silly. In the MLP Movie, they are incredibly weak and stupid. Celestia, Luna, and Candance gets turned into a statues by a broken horn unicorn. Twilight tries to steal a pearl from the hippogriffs and yells at Pinkie. Flurry Heart is captured by PURGE, while Shining Armor gets turned into the Perfect Artificial Alicorn, although that part is from a fanfic." Ambrosia explains.

"While I have no idea what you're saying, that just proves my point. They couldn't even defeat Tirek with their own power and had to use Faust's Rainbow Power to beat him.", Miasma said. "They have the magic, but not the muscles."

"Isn't that the centaur you beaten the living crap out of a long time ago?", Ambrosia asks.

"Yes, he and his brother attempted to have their revenge on me, but I easily defeated them.", Miasma said. "Then the brother came back to offer a hand of friendship, so I gave him a death sentence."

"How was it?"

"It was enjoyable."


Back in Ponyville...

"If I may asks, how did you survive your fall?", Twilight asks Chrysalis as Luna closes the book. "I mean a fall like that would've been fatal to even me."

"To tell you the truth, I did die from the fall.", Chrysalis answers.

"WHAT?!"

"But you're standing right here!", Twilight points out.

"This is one of the reason why the Changeling Empire is known to be powerful for it is also known as the Immortal Empire.", Chrysalis said. "My mother created special cocoons capable of bringing Changelings back to life. All you need is a piece of the deceased and it only applies to officers and royalty. So whenever we lose a powerful warrior, rather than find a replacement to train we just bring him/her back from the dead. In fact my death in the Canterlot Wedding is my twentieth death."

The ponies were horrified and disgusted on what Chrysalis just said. The Changelings are being treated like recyclable objects, just so the Empire wouldn't lose and waste resources and time. After much discussion a decision has been made.


"Are you sure this is alright?", Chrysalis asks walking with Starlight and Trixie. "I expected prison or something."

"I think what you've already been through is punishment enough.", Starlight said referring to her severe injuries. "What's the Changeling Empire like?"

"The Empire is very different from how the ponies of Equestria live, from military to culture to food.", Chrysalis answers.

"Wait, you actually eat food?", Starlight asks.

"Of course we do! Changelings feeds on emotions, in my case love, to replenish and increase our magical energy.", Chrysalis explains. "We eat food to nourish our bodies."

"How was the Empire formed?", Starlight asks curiously, causing Chrysalis to stop.

"It was a long time ago...", Chrysalis starts holding holding her horn and images appear like a story book showing different types of Changelings in war with each other.

"How can you still use magic?", Trixie interrupts completely appalled.

"As long as I have my horn with me, I can still use magic. Kinda like using it as a wand. A basic contingency plan should the horn be snapped off.", Chrysalis answers before continuing off with the story. "Before the Empire, there used to be thousands of Changeling Tribes, similar to the three tribes that founded Equestria. The difference is that the Changeling Tribes are more hostile and violent. Eventually the hostile broke to the point of war, known as the Unification War which lasted to one hundred years. The purpose of the war is that whoever won not only unifies all tribes under his/her control, but be declared eternal ruler of the Empire and that winner is my mother."

Both Trixie and Starlight were shocked at this and both wondered what would've happened had something similar happen to the three tribes.

"While Equestria rule with harmony and friendship, the Empire on the other hand follows the "might makes right" rule.". Chrysalis continues. "I don't know why the Changeling were hostile at that time for our race had been around for a very long time. So long to the point that we don't even know of our own origins. After the formation of the Empire, we started invading other lands to expand our territory. Many fell, while others manage to fight us off in a stalemate. In fact the only time we've suffered losses was our three attempts to conquer Equestria; once by Miasma and twice by me."

"About Miasma, how is she so powerful?", Starlight asks.

"All Changeling Queens and Kings starts their training at the age of four. First our magic must be drained making our bodies as weak as mush. Then we must go through harsh physical labors to increase out stamina and muscle strength. That way, should our magic be drained from us, we can still fight off our foes with physical strength. Eventually we get our magic back and start honing our magic skills. After ten years of training we get pushed to the front lines to gain some battle experience by sharpening our senses whenever we are in the battlefield."

'That could explain how she saw through Thorax's disguise, but to think they train children so young just to become power warriors.', Starlight thought in disgust.

"Once we finish our training given to us, we started our own training routine to keep in shape and improve.", Chrysalis explains. "How else was I able to defeat Celestia, Luna, Shining Armor, Cadance, Twilight and her friends?"

"Wait! You mean to tell me that you captured them all by yourself?!", Starlight said in shock.

"Well not all of them together. Some were in pairs, while others individually.", Chrysalis said. "Honestly, you should tell the princesses to work out. Celestia's power was still at the same level when we've last battled at the Canterlot Wedding."

"I'll keep that in mind.", Starlight said, before hearing her stomach growl. She blushes, before hearing Chrysalis and Trixie's stomach growl. "Guess all that talking made me hungry."

"Hey, why not try the food from Chrysalis' homeland?", Trixie asks.

"I guess it's worth a try, but I'm not sure if Chrysalis can cook."

"I can cook. It's part of our training to make our own meals.", Chrysalis said.

Both Starlight and Trixie sweatdrop.