• Published 14th Nov 2017
  • 2,458 Views, 45 Comments

A Family Worth Having - DeathBloodBass



A continuation of To Where and Back Again, but with Miasma being the main villain of the episode.

  • ...
13
 45
 2,458

Lauren Faust, Queen of Equestria

Wondering what happened next Twilight turns to the next page only to find it torn off. In fact alot of pages are torn off.

"I forgot to mention this, but Miasma torn off the pages containing details of her control of Equestria.", Chrysalis said as Twilight cries over how somepony is so cruel to a harmless book. Luna takes the book to take over.

"You it kill out to tell us that before?!", Rainbow Dash shouts causing Chrysalis to cower.

'I've seen Chrysalis act like this.', Starlight thought. 'Was she like that before becoming the Chrysalis we knew?'

"At least the pages detailing after Equestria's liberation are still present.", Luna said, but widen her eyes on a particular page. She sees not one, but ten alicorns. Curious the starts reading the chapter.


"I'm so glad all of you could make it.", Lauren said as nine alicorns land in front of her.

"Well we couldn't refuse a call for help from our best friend.", Silver Hall, a navy blue alicorn stallion with silver mane and tail and a cutie mark of two crossed swords that are behind the shield, said. "But to think you becoming a queen."

"I... I thought Miasma said alicorns were extincted.", Star Swirl said.

"That's not entirely true. There used to be a kingdom housing millions, but after an invasion from a powerful enemy our numbers declined to thousands.", Silver Hall said. "Fortunately the survivors found a safe haven to reside were no evil can touch."

"I you don't mind me interrupting we have a land to restore.", Faust said.


"Sunshine, sunshine. Ladybugs awake! Clap your hooves and do a little shake.", both Faust and Amore said doing their dance in the mines in the Frozen North.


"I've been wondering where that came from.", Shining Armor said to an appalled Cadance and Twilight.


"It's so good to see you, again.", Lauren said hugging Amore. "How are things?"

"Even though this place used to be a slave camp to mine crystals, the ponies here decide to build a city here.", Amore said. "But with Miasma gone, this area will be a frozen wasteland again and we have no means to survive the cold."

"That's why I brought Forge here.", Lauren said pointing to a gray alicorn stallion with red mane and tail and a cutie mark of a hammer pounding an anvil. "He's great a making powerful magical items."

"I'll need some crystals and the combine magic of you and Faust to build this item."

Forge with his magic merge several crystal to a large mass and use a hammer and chisel to shape it into a heart as per Amore's recommendation. Faust and Amore cast their magic into the heart giving it power.

"Presenting, Creation No. 104: The Crystal Heart.", Forge said holding the Crystal Heart proudly.

"With this the Crystal Ponies will have a bright future.", Faust said.

"Crystal Ponies... I like that.", Amore said. "In fact, I'll call this place the Crystal Empire."


Sieg, a white alicorn stallion with yellow mane and tail and a cutie mark of a ghost possession a body, was teaching a group of unicorns on different ways of using magic aside from the ones they usually do.

"All this teaching made me throat parch. You, tea-server, coffee.", Sieg said pointing to Star Swirl.

"Who's a tea-server?!", Star Swirl shouts attempting to punch Sieg, but the taller alicorn easily keeps him away by putting his hoof on Star Swirl's forehead.

"Aren't you Faust's friend number one?"

"Don't call me friend number one!"


Fourth Breaker, a red alicorn mare with black mane and tail and a cutie mark of four walls breaking walks along with Clover, Hurricane and Platnium.

"So Miasma isn't the only big bad from the Unknown?", Platnium asks.

"Oh no, Miasma is one of the strongest fighters in there, but there are others that are just as strong and ruthless as her.", Fourth Breaker answers. "There's one fighting idiot."

A small screen pops up revealing a red alicorn with fiery mane. "Who are you calling a fighting idiot, punk?!"

"A a super strong centaur."

A small screen pops up revealing Tirek, but much older and have a body full of battle scars flexing his muscles.

"A psychopathic serial killer."

A small screen pops up revealing a purple alicorn with grey mane and tail licking a knife with an evil grin.

"A powerful childish Draconequus."

A small screen pops up revealing a female draconequus waving playfully to the three founders.

"A vine monster."

A small screen pops up revealing several vines taking form of a humanoid being.

"But there are many more.", Fourth Breaker said waving her hoof causing all the screens to spin like tops with the Draconequus screaming as the screens shrink and disappear.


Silver Hall is seen training the ponies of Equetria on how to fight and defend themselves from invaders.

"Excuse me, what's the point of having an army when the leader is super strong?", an earth pony asks.

"Faust may be powerful, she is only one pony thus cannot be at multiple place at once, specifically in combat situations.", Silver Hall explains.

"But we've seen her split into twenty before."

"True, the it comes at a cost for Faust's strength divides depending on how many clones she made. For example, each one of the twenty only have a twentieth of her full strength, thus it's not ideal for battle.", Silver Hall explains. "She mainly uses it to finish her duties more quickly like paperwork or meetings."

"The point is that what if an enemy leader fights Faust in one area, but sends an invading army to a civilized area?", Silver Hall asks. "Faust is too busy, thus she is unable to help which is why a military force is needed to fight off the invaders and protect the citizens."

Understanding what Silver Hall is saying the ponies starts their training.


Harvester use his magic to restore the vegetation of the land and taught the Earth Ponies to harvest through the magic within them.


Elemental teaches the pegasi on how to control and create the weather.


Herbal Medicine taught some ponies about medication and treatment, while using her magic to heal the sick and injured like restoring a lost limb.


Chrona use her magic to manipulate time to restore some areas and items that was considered beyond restoration.


Colossus controls his Titan to help with the construction efforts in several areas.


"I thank you all for your help.", Faust said bowing before her friends.

"What are friends for?", Silver Hall said. "You take care of yourself, Faust."

"You as well.", Faust said watching the nine alicorns flying back to the Unknown.


"Woah! How could we not know of that?", Applejack asks.

"Yeah, I mean how come none of the history books made any mention of this?", Starlight wonders. "I mean ten alicorns helped turned Equestria into what it is now."

Celestia and Luna are left distraught. There were alicorns much more powerful and older than they are, yet they never knew of their existence. Heck their own mother is one of them. Luna turns to the next page and continues.


Lauren Faust walks up to an much older, yet small bearded Star Swirl with two fillies next to her. Both are alicorns, but one is white with pink mane, while the other is dark blue with blue mane.

"Celestia. Luna. Meet Star Swirl the Bearded.", Faust said introducing the fillies to the elderly stallion.

"Stop calling me that!", Star Swirl said in annoyance.

"Aw, but you look so good with a beard.", Faust said tugging Star Swirl's beard playfully. "You should grow it longer."

Faust leaves to take care of some things, thus leaving Star Swirl to teach magic to the fillies.

"Now remember, the magic I'm teaching is child's play compared to your mother.", Star Swirl said. "Then again, most of her magic are meant for fighting. In any case we'll start off with the basic."

Unfortunately the Star Swirl the entire day of teaching the fillies was a complete nightmare.

"That does it! I'm calling your mother!", Star Swirl screams in rage looking like an ice cream sundae. Luna hides behind her tail crying, while Celestia whimpers.

Later, Faust arrives...

"Thank you for coming, just look at what your children did to me.", Star Swirl said as Faust looks at him. She then turns to her two daughters.

"You girls should be ashamed of yourselves!", Faust said before before adding sprinkles on top of the whip cream. "You forgot the sprinkles!"

Both Luna and Celestia laughs at this, but Star Swirl is unamused.

"That's right, I forgot where they got it from...", Star Swirl grumbles.

"Cewestia. Woona. Time to go home."


Celestia's and Luna's face turn red in embarrassment, while everypony was on the floor laughing like crazy.

"Cewestia? Woona?", Discord asks pounding the table in laughter.


Several years later...

Faust bursts insto Star Swirl's home in panic.

"Star Swirl! Have you seen my children?!", Faust asks in panic and fear. "They weren't at home, when I came back."

"They're missing?!", Star Swirl asks in shock. "Don't tell me..."

Star Swirl runs out of his home towards a large forest and spots a pair of hoof prints on the road.

"They went to the Everfree Forest!", Star Swirl groans slamming his hoof on his forehead in dismay. "That place is dangerous as there are rumors of some of Miasma's Changelings lurking about."

"Changeling?! No! No no no no no!", Faust wearing a brown cloak screams flying into the forest at high speed.

"Hey, wait for me!", Star Swirl shouts chasing after her. "I'm getting too old for this!"


A Changeling corners a teen Celestia and pre-teen Luna into a mud swamp. Both alicorns suffered some injuries from the Changling. Their magic having no effect on the Changeling and their wings are broken.

"What pitiful magic, but that's what you expect from a half-blood. Their power pales in comparison to a pure-blood.", the Changeling said before lunging towards the two. Celestia shields Luna with her body and the two close their eyes await their fate, but notice the attack didn't came. They see a crimson aura surround the Changeling. The one stopping the Changeling is an extremely angry Faust with a somewhat frighten Star Swirl hiding behind a tree.

"YOU DARE?!", Faust roars in rage slamming the Changeling hard through several trees before slamming to a boulder. The Changeling coughs out blood. Faust eyes glow pure white as a powerful crimson magical aura radiates around her.

"Mother...", Celestia said.

"YOU DARE LAY FANGS UPON MY DAUGHTERS?", Faust roars choking the Changeling with her magic.

"Th-they were your daughters? I had no idea...", the Changeling said in fear struggling to breathe.

"SILENCE! YOU SHALL PAY FOR THIS AUDACITY, AND PAY DEARLY!", Faust roars tightening her squeeze.

"Please... S-Spare me! I won't do it again... I'll even leave this kingdom...", the Changeling said as he feels his life being squeezing out of him.

"Mom! Stop! I know he is wicked, but I cannot bear the though of slaying him for our sake.", Celestia said scared to seeing her mother like this. "Please, spare his life!"

Hearing those words Faust calms down and her magic dissipates, loosening her grip.

"Count yourself fortunate, Changeling, that it is within my nature to be merciful.", Faust said to the Changeling. "But know this: Should I ever discover you near my daughters again, I shall consider this my nature as a mother to end your life."

The Changeling nods in fear as Faust release him. The Changeling clutch his throat gasping for air.

"I...", Celestia said knowing that she and Luna are in trouble.

"Enough.", Faust interrupts. "It's best that we leave this place."

Faust teleports herself, Luna, Celestia and Star Swirl out of the forest leaving the traumatized Changeling alone.


The three find themselves in Faust's home, a simple middle age home.

'That's right, the castle is still under construction.', Star Swirl thought. 'Still it's a rather nice place.'

Faust gives her two daughters a cold glare. "Explain yourselves."

Celestia apologizes to her mother claiming responsibility, but Luna steps up telling Celestia not to take the blame. Luna reveals she was curious about the Everfree Forest and decides to venture off into it despite the warnings from Star Swirl and Faust. Celestia went after her to bring Luna back, until the Changeling attack.

"Please, don't punish Tia. I'll accept any punishment! Even disownment and banishment", Luna cries.

"Luna...", Faust said wiping away the tears from Luna's face. "No anger I feel at your disobediance could ever outweigh my relief in having you and your sister returned safely to me. "

Faust hugs Luna with her hooves, while Celestia with her wings.

"You both suffers much, yet you press forward and admit your faults. I could not be prouder than to have you two as my daughters.", Faust said. "However, should such a thing happen again. I shall paddle your rumps till they glow red."

Both Celestia and Luna shivers at the warning.

"Now then let's get you two patched up and clean.", Faust said.


Luna looks at the last page of the book showing Faust giving Luna a bath after Celestia finishes her's. At the bottom of the page was "End of Vol 1".

The group, sans Chrysalis look in awe on what they heard. Lauren Faust is truly a pony worthy of the title queen and is perhaps the strongest being in all of Equestria. The Alicorn Princesses can see why Miasma called them imposters. None of their achieves are even close to what Faust had done.

"Um... You're not going to tell your mother about my mischief will you?", Discord asks Luna nervously after hearing what Faust nearly did to the Changeling.

"Maybe..."

Author's Note:

Yeah, the Star Swirl being ice cream was from this comic. Link!

And the angry Faust saving Celestia and Luna from a Changeling is based off of a comic Moon-Fall by robd2003. Though the attacker was a monster spider in the comic.