• Published 14th Nov 2017
  • 2,457 Views, 45 Comments

A Family Worth Having - DeathBloodBass



A continuation of To Where and Back Again, but with Miasma being the main villain of the episode.

  • ...
13
 45
 2,457

Case Files

"Never would I imagine that one of the Changeling Supply Depot happen to be near where our former home use to be.", Luna said as she and Celestia ventures inside the Everfree Forest looking at the map where all the hidden armories and supply based are located. "A pity this map doesn't tell us the location of where the fallback base is."

"Well these locations are from the time Miasma was ruler.", Celestia said. "Chrysalis' fallback base is more recent location."

"What will Chrysalis plan to do?", Luna asks.

"I don't know. Now that she is an exile from her homeland there isn't much she can do.", Celestia said. "She could follow the same path as Thorax or return to where her loyalist are and live the rest of her life in hiding."

"Sister, I think I found the entrance!", Luna said seeing a metallic building covered in plants. Celestia pulls out a key given to by from Chrysalis and unlocks the gate. The gates open and the two sisters enter.

"Incredible! More than a thousand years passed yet everything inside is still well preserved.", Celestia said opening a crate finding the food inside still fresh. "These are some strange food. No doubt they came from the Unknown."

"How strange.", Luna said.

"What's strange?"

"I found it in one of the crates.", Luna said showing Celestia an orb.

"I think Chrysalis called this a Memory Orb.", Celestia said looking at it. "It's purpose is to record things that's transpired."

"That fact it was numbered must mean that it's already been used.", Luna said seeing the number labeled 142. "Perhaps it'll give us more information about Miasma's reign."

"I'll tell the guards to pick up the contents inside and perhaps convert this into an nice outpost.", Celestia said. "It does have it's uses."

Luna puts the orb back into the crate and lifts the entire crate up with her magic, while the Royal Guards enter to pick up the other boxes.


In the throne room the two sisters open up the crate and picks up one of the orbs.

Celestia use her magic to turn it on and the orb shoots our a screen projection. They see a pony who greatly resembles Starswirl, but wears a bell around his neck.


"Fall 18th Case File 142.", the pony said to the orb. "About those Gems of Power that Miasma keeps on calling them."

"The nine gems we currently have in possession are called the Elements of Harmony, but if there is harmony then the opposite brand must exist as well. I classify the opposite brand the Elements of Hostility."

The pony points the orb to a large board where a line divides it in two. Right right side is white, while the left side is black.

"There must always be a balance between light and darkness. Good and evil. Harmony and Hostility.", the pony said walking next to the board. "While to two sides battle eternally since the beginning of time, but the two always remain in balance. In other words one cannot exist without the other."

The pony the walks to the nine elements on the table.

"Unfortunately it is currently nothing more than a theory as no such elements have been found in Equestria and it's neighboring lands.", the pony said. "It's it likely that they can only be found within the Unknown, but do to how dangerous it is there the chance of finding one without any interference is zero."

"Grogar, dinner is ready!"

"Alright, Starswirl!", Grogar said shutting off the orb.


"I never knew the Elements hold such secrets.", Celestia said in shock. "Who is this Grogar?"

"We'll search the files of him after we see the rest of these.", Luna said picking up another orb. "Perhaps we might find some answers through these."


"Winter 14th Case File 121.", Grogar said. "We have liberated the Dragonlands from the Changelings, however we have suffered a heavy loss for we have lost Commander Hurricane."

"Apparently wanting to be of more use to the rebellion Commander Hurricane ate one of these fruits after witnessing some Changelings getting stronger just by eating these.", Grogar said showing the orb an Evo-Fruit. "The Changelings call them Evo-Fruits and it is something only Changelings can eat."

"It is by eating these fruits is how the Changeling's evolve and get stronger. Much similar to how a pony ascends into an alicorn, however the Changeling's method is repeatable while the ponies are a one time deal."

"Fortunately the are some drawback when eating this fruit. For starters the Changeling must have a strong body and mind. A weak body would result in an overload, while a weak mind will result in a mindless being solely to follow orders."

"As said before only Changeling can eat them. These Evo-Fruits cause a violent change in the genes of non-Changelings that eat them.", Grogar said cutting a piece and drops it in front of a rat in a cage. "They create a completely new species of Changelings, known as Artificial Changelings."

The rat eat the fruits and transform into a Changeling Drone with white eyes and a more feral personality.

"Should the fruit be eaten by a non-Changeling with intelligence higher than an animal like Commander Hurricane they transform into Changelings when they are in their battle form."

"With a heavy heart I must say there is currently no cure to reserve the process and not even the Gems of Powers was able to reserve it as well.", Grogar said sadly. "I currently have no answer to why the Gems failed to cure Commander Hurricane, but it is likely that altering one's gene is a delicate process and one mistake can be extremely fatal. It is possible that the Gems could reverse the transformation should the bearer possess high medical experience, but unfortunately we have no such thing."


"Sister, I know what you are thinking, but none of the bearers possess any medical knowledge to reverse the transformation done to Sweet Victory.", Luna said sympathetically. "We still know little on how these fruits affect the ponies DNA."

"I know, Luna. But that doesn't excuse that fact that I could've prevented all this.", Celestia cries. "I was so focus on Twilight that I completely neglected those that would suffer from the aftermath of Twilight's ascension to an alicorn and princess. Because of me a broken pony died and my nephew ran away."

"There is still time to make things right.", Luna said putting her hoof on Celestia's shoulder. "Blueblood and Sweet Victory are not the only ones, sister. There is still a chance to save the others."

"Luna... Thank you.", Celestia said hugging Luna.


"Spring 1st Case File 130.", Grogar said. "I discovered several more interesting facts about the Elements of Harmony. For starters the Elements can only be used should the carrier meet a certain requirement, but there is a way around that defense. Miasma used a powerful magic called Subjugation easily forcing the Elements to bend to her will and use them against what they were originally intended for. Fortunately Faust told me that Subjugation is one of the strongest spells in the world and only extremely powerful creatures can use it, so far there are only five capable of using such a spell."

Grogar then turns to the nine elements on the table. "After see how Faust use these I believe I know what the requirements are for these Elements."

Grogar picks up the purple gem. "This gem glowed when Faust gave up a large portion of her food to feed some starving children. I call this gem the Element of Generosity."

After explaining the Elements the princesses already knows about, Grogar picks one of the three unknown Elements.

"I call this the Element of Forgiveness.", Grogar said. "This particular element glowed when Faust forgave Clover for stealing the Element of Magic some time ago, despite that fact it nearly got Faust killed."

"The other two are the Element of Humility and Equality.", Grogar said. "And you can pretty much guess how it works."

"As of now we are now in possession of nine Elements of Harmony, while Miasma possess 10 and perhaps even more."


"So there are at least nineteen Elements of Harmony.", Luna said before looking at a sad Celestia. "Is something the matter sister?"

"I can't help but feel small Luna.", Celestia said sitting on her throne. "I mean look at what mother achieved. She united all known kingdoms and liberated their lands from the Changelings. What worse the Kings and Queens at that time exceeds that of Tirek. Who knows how powerful they are now?!"

"And what have I achieved?! All I did is just sit in the sidelines while Twilight and her friends save the day. I even got captured by vines!", Celestia cries.

"I'm sure you're overreacting, sister. Perhaps one of these might have something positive about us.", Luna said picking up another orb.


"Summer 21st Case File 501.", Grogar said. "The alicorn sisters and daughters of Queen Faust. Celestia can raise the sun, while Luna raise the moon."


"That's it? That's all he have on us?", Luna asks in shock. "There's got to be one worth mentioning about us!"


"Spring 13th Case File 524.", Grogar said. "Celestia and Luna defeated the magic draining centaur Tirek, but this record is just about me watching a record of Miasma beating the living crap out of Tirek."

Grogar turns on one of his orb and watches Miasma beats the living crap out of Tirek. Blood splatters, teeth flies into the the air and a nose ring hits the ground.


"Okay, so maybe Miasma defeated Tirek much more quickly than us.", Luna said picking up another orb.

After watching several more orbs, Luna herself is in a fetal position with Celestia.

"We suck at this, do we?", Luna asks glumly.

"At least we can't get lower than this.", Celestia said.


Somewhere south of Equestria...

A purple broken horn unicorn sneezes.

"You cold Commander Tempest?", a hedgehog asks.

"No, I just have a strange feeling.", Tempest said.

"Well you are going to destroy the alicorn's dignity when you capture them very easily by turning them to stone."

"Please, the princesses are the most powerful ponies in all of Equestria. Capturing them won't be that easy.", Tempest said. "What are they going to do leave themselves wide open for me to catch them?"