• Published 14th Nov 2017
  • 2,457 Views, 45 Comments

A Family Worth Having - DeathBloodBass



A continuation of To Where and Back Again, but with Miasma being the main villain of the episode.

  • ...
13
 45
 2,457

Empire's Strongest Hive! The Chrysalis Hive!

Kaiser sits on this temporary throne room pondering his next move with Ocellus next to him when Stussy enters and bows before.

"My lord, word of you ascension has spread among the Changeling ranks and every single one of them have offered their services to you.", Stussy reports. "All except for Thorax's group."

"I have no intention of letting those freaks live.", Kaiser said.

"This isn't the first time you've done something like this, yet you treat this a such.", Stussy said.

"Such a thing is a rarity in the Empire and I must savor every minute of it.", Kaiser said. "Now leave me, I have much to think."

Both Ocellus and Stussy bows and leave the throne room.

"Now, I must find a way to keep my mother asleep.", Kaiser said. "I can't let her destroy Equestria when she wakes up, especially when she's hunger!"


"This is bad! This is very bad!", Assassin said grimly. "If this doesn't get fixed, there won't be an Equestria in the next week."

"What do you mean?", Scootaloo asks. "Are you talking about a possibility of a war?"

"That's one of the problem, but the main issue is Chrysalis.", Assassin said.

"But why, I mean she's changed.", Sweetie Belle said. "I think."

"I'm not surprised that you are unaware of this, but then again Chrysalis is unaware of it herself.", Assassin said. "You see Chrysalis suffers an illness known as eating disorder and should that happen then she will enter a crazed rampage and will not stop until she get fed a large abundance of love and that is just the worst case scenario."

"But what makes her so dangerous? I mean she's not really that powerful. She couldn't defeat an alicorn princess with some sort of power-up or a sneak attack.", Sweetie Belle said. "She's even called the weakest Changeling Queen."

"True, but she wasn't called the weakest due to her strength.", Assassin said. "In truth she is actually one of the strongest Changeling Queens in the Empire. She's only called weak as she shows more moral behavior compared to the rest of her siblings."

"Wait, you mean Chrysalis war really strong all this time?!", Applebloom cries in shock.

"If she was really weak, she wouldn't have survived the trials that made her Queen.", Assassin said. "The Changelings Queens and Kings are the Empires' "Greatest Military Power" and having weak members are unacceptable."

"It's only rumors, but it was said that the Empress herself had at least one thousand childrens, however less then one hundred survived the trials to become Kings or Queens.", Sterling said. "That alone is a further indication of their power."

"Then how powerful is she?", Scootaloo asks nervously.

"I've only seen her full power once, during my mission of observe a new Changing Queen in the ranks which was at that time Chrysalis.", Assassin said.


A teenage Assassin peaks over the cliff and sees Chrysalis' Hive laying siege on a large fortress. He then sees Chrysalis sitting on a command chair looking extremely exhausted.

"Damn it! I need love now!", Chrysalis pants. "Never have I've been depleted this far before."

Just then a trooper arrives and kneels before Chrysalis.

"My Queen, I bring terrible news!", the trooper reports. "It appears that our enemy has friends from the outside and they've destroyed our entire supply of love."

Hearing those words got Chrysalis to widen her eyes in horror.

"D-d-d-destroyed?", Chrysalis stutters.

"Looks like the Chrysalis Hive is done for.", Assassin said. "I guess the rumors of Chrysalis being the weakest is true."

Assassin got up and prepare to leave, but suddenly feels a sudden change of pressure.

Chrysalis grinds her teeth in rage, veins start bulging out of her body, a dark green aura surrounds her and that ground she is standing on is cracking.

"Unforgivable!", Chrysalis said menacingly as her eyes glows bright red. The troopers all shiver in fear, while the officers merely sweat heavily.

"Those fools just made a mistake that they'll soon regret.", Stag said. "Chrysalis may be more moral than her siblings, but there are two things to beware of; destroying a good amount of love when she is hungry or when she enters her hunger craving. She'll enter a state that'll make her just a ruthless as her siblings."

"Keep your distance from her!", Horn orders to the Hive. "When she gets like this there is no stopping her!"

An angry Chrysalis walks toward the fortress gate and raise her hoof. With one powerful punch not only did she put a large dent on the steel door, but she also sends it crashing through several walls.

"I think we just made her mad!", one of the castle defenders said in fear.

"Open fire on her!", the commander orders as the defenders fire their guns and cannons on Chrysalis, but the bullets harmlessly bounce off, while the cannons did no damage at all. "What?! But it worked on her before!"

'She's been holding back the whole time?!', Assassin thought in shock. 'Now in that that state, she going full out. The castle is done for.'

"Get out of there!", Chrysalis roars in rages as she shatters a stone wall with a single punch.


The terrified CMC watches as the enraged Chrysalis tears the entire fortress apart. This frighten them so much that their very soul exits out of their mouths.

'How can we...', Scootaloo thought in terror. "...save..."

"Equestria...", Sweetie Belle thought in terror.

"From something like that?!", Applebloom thought in terror.

"You see?!", Assassin said. "The Changeling Kings and Queens are a force to be reckoned with. In fact the Empress could've sent any one of them, but due to Equestria's weak military she sent Chrysalis instead."

"This just shows how much the Empire grown, while Equestria falters.", Sterling said. "If Queen Faust was still alive and remained as ruler, the Empire would've sent about half their entire military force."

'Chrysalis is only half the problem. Right now she's in a coma, so there's no danger.', Assassin thought with concern. 'However despite that her Hive is still dangerous, since it's been known to be both the largest and strongest of them all.'


Meanwhile in other areas of Equestria...

"Please, you don't have to serve Chrysalis anymore. We no longer need to steal love from the ponies.", a injured reformed Changeling said, but his words fell to deaf ears as the attacker vaporize him with a blast from his forehead.

"No matter how righteous your reasons is you can't accomplish anything if you're weak.", the attacker said. "That is harsh truth of the world."

Commander Fort
Chrysalis Hive Officer


A figure cuts down a hedge shaped like Thorax.

"Please that hedge was meant to be a gift for Thorax on his visit to Ponyville.", a pony pleas grabbing the figure's leg in a futile attempt to stop him from destroying the others.

"Well tell him to wait in line.", the figure said kicking the pony's face.

Lieutenant Shred
Chrysalis Hive Officer


"So this is where these maulwurf things live?", a figure wonders out loud. "Well Kaiser orders me to scare them out of their territory by any means necessary."

The figure jumps into one of the holes and dozens of maulwurfs jumps out of their holes and flee from the area.

"Where're you going? I was hoping to round two.", the figure calls out and huffs in disappointment.

Captain Densha
Chrysalis Hive Officer


A figure is sitting on a rock cleaning his rifle. The then fires a shot. The bullet travels at quick speed passing through open windows and narrowly missing pedestrians before hitting and blowing apart a Timberwolf.

Lieutenant Target
Chrysalis Hive Officer

"Better, but still nowhere near his level.", Target said strapping the gun on his back. "Even though Thorax is a traitor, I still can't help but fell sorry for him. Especially after what Kaiser will do to him physically and mentally."


"Alright load them up and ship them back to the camp.", a figure said to two troopers before they push the mine cart full of gems and stones.

Foreman Digger
Chrysalis Hive Officer

"Hey you can't just come in here and take our gems!", one of the Diamond Dog shouts seeing the Changelings mining their place.

"Huh?!", Digger asks intimidatingly. Upon seeing his face the three Diamond Dogs cries in terror.

"THE CRAZY STRONG GUY!"


"I can't believe that he's ordered us to do this but orders are orders.", Razor Sharp mutters standing before a large tomb. He then change into his Battle Mode.

Razor Sharp
Master Assassin and Chrysalis Hive Officer

He draws out his two swords, cuts down the gate and enters.


"Thorax, help me!", a reformed Changeling screams in terror fleeing from to figures, but one of them slams his hammer hard.

Basher
Chrysalis Hive Officer

"Don't kill him, Basher. Remember that Kaiser want them alive so they can return and show Thorax the price of betrayal.", the other figure said.

Silo
Chrysalis Hive Officer

"This doesn't feel right, Silo.", Basher said. "Even thought they're traitors, what Kaiser have in store for them is just pushing it."

"You know what Kaiser is capable of.", Silo said. "The lives of Pupa and Chrysalis are under his hands. If we disobey then he'll kill them off and blame it all on the ponies and the traitors. He's done it before and will do it again."


'The one's I'm most worried about are the Princes, Princesses and Ryoma.', Assassin thought in concern. 'However Kaiser is the most dangerous of them all. He could turn Equestria into a living hell like he did to many other countries.'


Somewhere in Canterlot...

"It seems that went well.", a voice calls out from a pony sitting on a chair.

"Things are going according to plan.", Kaiser said in a unicorn disguise. "As of now tension between the Changelings and the ponies have increased. All thanks to you... Controller."

The pony turns revealing himself to be Defense Minister Makage.

"Now, now. Don't call me by that name here.", King Controller said.

"Of course, Defense Minister Makage.", Kaiser said.

"Regardless, you are not to lay harm to Chrysalis." Makage said. "She's still my sister after all."

Suddenly a guard pony enters.

"Defense Minister! What must be done about the Storm King. There have been reports of his armada approaching Equestria."

Controller spits a needle out of his mouth to the pony's neck. The guard's eyes glow blue and then turn back to normal.

"No... there was no attack and there in no invasion army approaching.", the guard said monotonically before regaining his senses. "Pardon me."

"You were one of grandma's favorite.", Kaiser said watching the pony leave. "I'm surprised that you were able to get away with it. Especially the fact that you've fabricated the entire history of Equestria."