• Published 18th Jul 2012
  • 817 Views, 8 Comments

Well... That Happened - Alaeth



Join Courage Dane as he struggles to find his way back home.

  • ...
1
 8
 817

Ch 2: The First Day

Hey, it’s me again. I decided that if the letter even arrived anywhere that I might as well keep whoever read it updated on what is happening to me.

On that note, I don’t believe I’ve introduced myself yet, have I? My name is Courage Leon Dane, though I prefer to be referred to as Dane.

Before you make fun of my first name, I think that it would be fair to let you know that my mom wanted my name to “mean something” and be “special”. Also, you should know that my Sisters’ names are Hope June Dane and Destiny Fate Dane, and my brother’s name is Ludwig Von Dane. My dad got to name Ludwig.

Anyway, let’s start where I left off, when I left the hospital.

I felt great, and I mean really great, like the best I’ve ever felt, great. My ribcage had finally healed back into place and there was no longer a gaping hole through my spine into my back. I kind of wish I could’ve kept the hole in my back though, I would’ve put stuff in it. I’m not exactly sure what I would’ve put in it, but it would’ve been something awesome, like beef jerky, or a plunger.

Another great thing, now that I was up and about I could finally start finding a way to get out of this place and back to my own world. I’ve been gone for like three weeks; my parents were probably going ballistic.

They probably don’t think I’m dead or anything though; I’ve gone missing for longer before.

As I already mentioned, now that I was up I could finally find a way out of this place. That is, if it wasn’t for a certain pink pony. I mean Pinkie Pie by the way, just thought I would mention right now that all of the ponies around here look the same and are only distinguishable by their colors, and even at that there are a lot of them that share colors.

Anyway, I was dragged around town by Pinkie Pie all day as she introduced me to the townspeople- What? Oh right, townsponies. Sorry, I was just corrected by Rarity; I’ll get to her later.

As I was saying, I was introduced to all of the townsponies, who, most of which, ran and screamed in fear.

After what seemed to be thousandth pony ran off screaming we decided to find out why. Turns out that I was still in my grungy bloodstained clothes that hadn’t been washed in three weeks, which in retrospect smelt like something had died in it.

So Pinkie decided to have me pay a visit to her friend Rarity. Rarity is a whi- what? Fine, Rarity is a pearl white unicorn with a purp- what now? Fine, she has a royal purple mane.

Geez, what is it with these ponies and their colors? Why can’t they just be okay with the generic color?

Okay, okay, sorry girls, I’m being blunt again.

And sorry to whoever is reading this, you probably don’t even know who I’m talking to right now.

Anyway, where was I? Uhhh… ponies running off screaming… grungy bloodstained clothes… died… visit Rarit- ah!

Okay, so Pinkie brought me to this building by the name of Carousel Boutique, which is basically a dress shop, run by Rarity.

The second I walked into the building I saw how beautiful it was and simply marveled at how intricate and beautiful the design was- Dang it Rarity! There was not a cotton candy cloud raining chocolate milk! It was just Pinkie Pie making weird noises and drinking chocolate milk!

Where was I… wait a second, I don’t remember writing that last line… Rarity! Stop writing in my… uhhh… I don’t know, Twilight, what would this be considered, a journal, or like just a long plea for help or something? No it’s not a diary! Because diary’s are girly! There’s nothing wrong with being girly… except I’m not a girl! What do you mean you didn’t know I wasn’t a girl!

Uggghhh fine, whatever, I’m just gonna be over here, doing this, and all of you just stay over there, away from me until I finish this thing.

Yes, I do have to be so rude Rarity. No I’m not going to apologize. Because I didn’t do anything. No Rainbow, I do not want to fight. Yes, I am absolutely terrified about fighting you. Because, humans are pathetically weak compared to ponies and if you even playfully hit me lightly with one of your hooves it would leave a bruise.

No, I’m still not going to be nice to you, and threatening me will get you nowhere.

You want to know why I’m being so mean? Because you girls kidnapped me and have me locked inside this stupid library, that’s why!

Uuuggghhhh! We can discuss this later! I’m going to finish this… entry in my journal! Yeah, that’s what I’ll call it.

Anyway… crap, I lost my train of thought.

Uhhhhh… Ah! Okay, so the second I walked into the building I knew that I was going to get an earful from the staff that worked there.

That is, until I found out that it was a single unicorn that worked there. Yes, that’s right; a single unicorn runs the whole shop.

Anyway, exactly as I had guessed, the second I walked into the store I was bombarded by questions, critique on my clothes, and upon reaching the blood stains she completely lost it and fainted.

A few minutes later, after she woke up, she immediately stripped me down to my underwear and began work on making copies of them.

Her first attempt wasn’t my favorite and I absolutely refuse to wear it. Yes Rarity, I don’t care if it insults your work, I am not going to wear a bright pink sparkly v-neck covered in a variety of gems, no matter what kind of gems they are.

After explaining that I just wanted a few plain colored shirts she protested and we argued for a while.

We settled that they had to be plain no design shirts, but, she got to choose the colors.

Leaving Carousal Boutique satisfied, I was quickly intercepted by Pinkie Pie, who began to introduce me to the townsponies again.

Everything ended up fine until we ran into Rainbow Dash. After talking to her I found out why she was glaring at me angrily the entire five seconds I saw her.

Apparently after she ran into me and brought me into this dimension she was put on suspension from performing, practicing tricks, and flying with more than ten wingpower within a two thousand mile radius of any town or settlement in Equestria.

Fun fact, that leaves exactly four and a half feet left in all of Equestria for her to practice in, but it’s two thousand miles away, in the middle of a volcano.

She was put on suspension by a “Princess Celestia”. Apparently, she is a winged unicorn, or “alicorn” who rules over Equestria with her sister, Princess Luna.

That’s not the best part though, get this, Celestia rai- what does it matter whether I refer to her as “Princess Celestia” or not? I can’t respect someone if I don’t know them. Fine, somepony, but my point still stands.

Anyway, Celestia rai-fine, Princess Celestia, raises the sun and lowers it! I can’t figure out why it would need to be raised or lowered, but apparently it does.

And you may have guessed it but regardless, Princess Luna raises the moon and lowers it.

As I was saying though, Princess Celestia suspended Rainbow Dash because she didn’t understand how any of this even happened, and I’m apparently going to meet her tomorrow, so I get to look forward to that.

Sorry about this, but I’m running out of room on this scroll so I’m going to have to summarize.

After meeting with Rainbow Dash I was brought to Twilight Sparkle, who was supposed to “distract me until the surprise you-know-what was set up”. Pinkie’s words, not mine, I’ll give you one guess as to what it is?

Before I continue, I just realized I haven’t described Twilight to you; she is a purple unicorn with a dark blue mane that has a pink stripe running through it.

What? You’re cutiemark? What the heck is that?

Okay, so apparently I’m supposed to describe their cutiemarks too, those are marks on their flanks that show what they’re good at or something, I don’t know but here goes. Pinkie Pie’s is just a bunch of balloons, Rainbow Dash’s is a cloud shooting out a rainbow lightning bolt, Rarity’s is a couple of diamonds, Twilight’s is a directional map star with sparkles around it, Applejack’s, I’ll get to her later, is a few apples, and Fluttershy’s, I’ll get to her later too, is some butterflies.

Anyway, after about an hour of stalling I was brought to a surprise party prepared to introduce myself to the rest of the town.

While there I met Applejack, she is an orange earth pony with a blonde mane. I also met Fluttershy, who is a yellow pegasus with a pink mane, though I only found out her name after about twenty minutes of reassurances and prompting.

After the party was over and done with all of the ponies present went their separate ways and I made my way to a very spooky looking forest.

Now I know what you’re thinking, going into a spooky looking forest in the middle of the night in a world you are unfamiliar with is probably a bad idea right? Well, the trees were packed closely together and looked like it might be a nice place to sleep.

Finding a comfortable place I pulled my emergency blanket and inflatable pillow out of my pockets.

You’re probably wondering why I have an emergency blanket and an inflatable pillow right? Well, as I mentioned earlier it isn’t the first time that I’ve been gone for three weeks or more. I tend to get lost easily, and I mean really easily, so I began keeping an emergency blanket, pillow, and a few packets of dried food with me wherever I go.

Anyway, I found a nice place to lie down and tried to fall asleep.

Tried is the key word in that sentence, you see, apparently I am supposed to be supervised and no one, err, I mean, nopony, had thought about where I would stay, so they all just assumed one of the other five of their friends had taken care of it.

But, after Twilight went on a search for me at one of her friends’ houses looking for me to tell me that I was to meet the princesses the next morning, they all found out that I wasn’t in the town anymore.

Long story short, they refused to leave me be and let me sleep in the forest, instead deciding to have a slumber party at Twilight’s library to keep an eye on me.

If I haven’t explained it by the way, Twilight runs the local library, it’s in a tree. And no, I don’t mean like a treehouse, I mean it is literally carved from the inside of the still living tree.

And that leaves me where I am now, locked in a library with six mares, a dragon, and an owl, all of which I hardly know. Of the mares, there are five that I annoy greatly and before the night is over I am willing to bet each of them will hit me at least once.

Also, I bet I didn’t explain who the dragon and owl are huh? The dragon is named Spike; he is a purple and green baby dragon who assists Twilight around the library.

The owl’s name is Owlowiscious, he is another of Twilight’s assistants.

Anyway, this is the end of the scroll, you’ll get another if I survive through the night, wish me luck.

Comments ( 3 )

I like it so far.
(Edit) Wait, I already said that.
Uh, how do you do that "tracking" thing everyone always talks about?

935363 I just hit "favorite"

935363>>935757
Yep that's as good as it gets for tracking since they took out the separate tracking and favorite buttons in favor of a single favorite button.

Login or register to comment