• Published 4th Oct 2017
  • 1,204 Views, 13 Comments

An unlikely friendship - Ponyride



A certain Changeling teaches Luna that even a friend can be found in the most unlikely of Mares.

  • ...
1
 13
 1,204

chapter2

It couldn't be overstated that this was a highly unusual phase of Luna's life, had someone told her that she'd actually look forward to raising the moon every night just to meet someone a year ago she'd have likely rolled her eyes and walked off. And from a Changeling of all things, creatures that she'd spent the happier moment of her youth resenting for their leech-like nature.

But Chrysalis was different. Despite her arrogance, narcissism and occasional moments of cruelty she carried herself with a self-assuredness that always set Luna at ease. Seemingly always knowing exactly what to say to pull Luna out of her occasional bouts of depression.

"So you constantly raise the moon every night so your subjects may go to sleep and receive nothing in return? While your sister spends the whole day being showered with gifts, seems you drew the wrong stick, Luna" Chrysalis stated as from her comfortable resting spot on a high branch directly above Luna who sat by the base of the tree.

"No arguments there. Much as it pains me to admit it, long past are the days when we ruled the kingdom as equals. I feel like a servant in my own castle" she said her voice a calm monotone that appropriately conveyed her feelings. She had the look of one who had accepted that it was her fate to be Celestia's shadow, nothing more.

As she peered down at Lunas almost downtrodden look she frowned. She empathized with Luna's feelings but was also a bit confused as to why she put up with it when the answer to her problems was so simple.

"Well if their mistreatment bothers you so why not take action? Usurp the throne for your own and have dear Celestia imprisoned for life" Chrysalis suggested as she brushed some bark off her hooves.

"What? No, I simply couldn't. Such actions would throw equestrian into Chaos" she replied, dismissing the ridiculous suggestion. Chrysalis rolled her eyes in response

"Yes, that is what typically happens when a Monarch is overthrown. But with time order would be restored. And with the power of the moon under your control, I doubt any rebellion would survive over a week" Chrysalis said as she jumped down in front of Luna. "How else do you think someone like me would have been able to become the Queen of my hive"

Of course, it would figure someone like Chrysalis would rise to power by beating down whoever stood in her way. But what she was suggesting was on a much larger scale than what she was implying she had done.

"Chrysalis, if I ever did what your suggesting the repercussions would eventually affect your people as much as the populace of world" Luna said, shuddering slightly at the mere thought of the fear and terror such actions would bring to everyday Ponies. Chrysalis, however, only smiled at her.

"My people live off the love inside others. All the chaos you would cause would provide an opportunity to invade Ponyville and feed off the love of unsuspecting ponies" she said, her smile taking a more sinister turn. This was beginning to feel like less of a hypothetical and more of a suggestion.

Luna was the first to break off eye contact and looked off to the side to observe some rabbits running past them. The changelings would hurt the people, as much as she hated the way she was treated she couldn't possibly entertain such thoughts. Yet with each passing night it was becoming easier to brush off these worries as her resentment and apathy grew.

"Even if I did attempt such a thing. There's no way I could stand up to Celestia" she said which Chrysalis scoffed at and retorted.

"Need I remind you were completely unscathed in our little tussle two weeks ago" Chrysalis said, rubbing a light scar on her neck that she received thanks to Luna. It was just a superficial cut but the ability to always fight at one hundred percent without worrying about pain or injury gave Luna an overwhelming advantage. Even then Chrysalis suspected the Moon Princess was severely holding back. Only manipulating the environment in small ways with the lightning and waves.

"Yes, but unlike you, my sister isn't Mortal. She's had more years to master her element"

"You have the same magical potential as her, Luna. I'd say you're the only one powerful enough to take her out, now that that obnoxious Diety discord is frozen in stone anyway." Chrysalis said as she walked over and raised her chin up to face her.

"No, I couldn't… I just couldn't" Luna said shaking her head. The Changeling sighed and looked up at the stars. Evidently, Luna's fear of her sister was too strong to sway her, a shame but she supposed there were easier ways to get her hive fed than throwing an entire kingdom into shambles. Besides, it would be a shame if this odd friendship was cut short by Luna getting herself imprisoned. Though it would certainly give Chrysalis a good laugh.

"I suppose it doesn't really matter. Forget I said anything" Chrysalis said sitting next to Luna to continue her stargazing. Even she couldn't deny that this felt peaceful, a bit nauseating but she could get used to it. A silence fell over them as the seconds passed by with Luna eventually laying down next to Chrysalis to also stargaze.

The only time Luna could ever recall doing this with Celestia was during the pre-Canterlot era. A time when life in Equestria was much more primitive and they weren't princess, just living their lives isolated from other Ponies. A time far removed from this era, that she thought she'd long forgotten. But now here she was, experiencing that companionship again thanks to Chrysalis.

"Well, I've wasted enough time here for one-night Luna" Chrysalis said pulling Luna out of her reverie as she sat up and stifled a yawn. Luna frowned in response as she rose from the comfortable grass.

"you're leaving already, Chrysalis?" she said sounding rather disappointed, her heart sinking at the prospect of staying there alone. If she left there'd be no point to Luna staying there, she'd only miss the company.

"Unfortunately that's just how things work for Changelings. Its been well over a month since I last fed Luna, and when a Changeling is starved our bodies involuntarily resort to sleeping to conserve energy" she explained as she kicked her feet out in an attempt to fight the sleepiness off.

She had wondered how Chrysalis was always so full of energy in the dead of the night but brushed it off as Changelings being nocturnal, yet another reason why she thought she liked Changelings. But she supposed this made more sense.

"A month? How long do you usually go without feeding?" Luna asked, not sure if she wanted to know just how many victims Chrysalis fed on.

"About once a week usually. Sometimes twice if my prey isn't in the highest spirits" Chrysalis said licking her lips. "But thanks to the recent carelessness of some of my subordinates the royal guard have taken notice and send afternoon patrols through the forests more often" Chrysalis said, visibly irritated.

It was so easy to forget at times, that despite their bond at the end of the day Chrysalis was still a Changeling at heart. A ruthless hunter that preyed on her people, she had no shame or remorse for any of the things she had done and judging by lengths she'd gone at times to describe her hunts she even derived pleasure from it… Yet, Luna couldn't say she minded it at all.

"I see, well I suppose I'll see you tomorrow then" she said trying to hide her sadness and stood up

"Indeed, well I'm off" Chrysalis as they both took to the sky and flew in opposite directions.


She'd often wondered what a Changeling cave looked like. She tended to imagine it being cramped, dank, uncomfortably hot and slightly odious. Though when she voiced these thoughts to Chrysalis the Changeling Queen simply rolled her eyes and laughed. Briefly reprimanding Luna for Stereotyping her kind.

Though considering the only other living things that could live inside a changeling nest aside from a Changeling was a soon to be devoured victim. Which was exactly why she was a bit suspicious when Chrysalis offered a visit to her 'kingdom' to put her false assumptions to rest.

Quite frankly she was shocked Chrysalis would take such a risk knowing full well who she was. Sure the thought had crossed her mind to ask before but she didn't want Chrysalis to think she just wanted to spy on her and tell Celestia of the hives lair. Frankly, she was just happy Chrysalis trusted in her enough to take that risk.

But at the same time she was a bit uncertain as to what the other Changelings would make of her, she didn't doubt Chrysalis would punish any Changeling that acted hostile to her but she made a note to try to look approachable at least a little bit. Yes, they preyed on the weak and were pretty scummy as far as morality went but for whatever reason, she felt compelled to set a good first impression.

As they flew up a hillside of the evergreen forest, Luna could spot several Changeling gazing at her from the ground, some looking frightened while others bared their fangs aggressively as the two descended from the sky and landed by the cave entrance guarded by other Changelings.

"Stand aside, for tonight this princess is our guest" Chrysalis ordered with an air of superiority which her subordinates immediately submitted to, though not without exchanging an uncertain glance before making way for them.

As they stepped into the dark jaws of the cave Luna could hear the distinct sound of trotting behind her and tensed up slightly, standing a bit closer to Chrysalis as the darkness quickly enveloped them the further in they went. Unlike the other Changelings, Luna couldn't see a thing through this darkness and was wary of the Changelings at her back. So, she used her horn as a lamp, generating enough light to make out any oncoming turns.

"Afraid of the dark are we, Luna?" Chrysalis teased as she looked back at her over her shoulder, her snake eyes glowing through the dark.

"Not at all, but unlike you, I can't see in the dark." she replied feeling a bit claustrophobic as the walls seemed to get narrower the deeper she looked. It wasn't obvious but Chrysalis was paying a close eye to her other Changeling, observing for any aggressive advances to the slightly vulnerable Luna. Of course, there was no doubt Luna could easily dispatch any underlings foolish enough to disobey the Queen.

"Ironic that the mare of the night doesn't want to be in the dark" Chrysalis mocked as they continued heading further down the seemingly endless hallway.

"Oh, hush" Luna said with an exasperated sigh as she glared at Chrysalis's back through the dark cave. Eventually, a faint light came into view from the other end of the tunnel which gave the slightly Claustrophobic Luna a small reprieve, hoping to get out this linear hall as soon as possible. She could also hear some inarticulate chatter on the other end as Luna neared it. Perhaps a few more were waiting on the other side?

Her question was answered soon enough as they cleared the tunnel and Luna gasped at the sight before her. There were well over a Hundred other Changelings who walked and flew about through the huge cavern, some of them sitting around a pool of pink goo that shined brightly through the room while others flew around the many sky tunnels and holes spread out along the grotto walls.

Directly above them all was a sort of makeshift skylight that offered a much more direct exit to the outside, as well as a beautiful view of the stars and moon. But what she found most eye-catching were the tiny Changelings that all sat in their own little corner of the Cave away from the others. Unlike the other Changelings, their fur was a series of vibrant colours. Could it be they were babies? She'd never once seen a Changeling that didn't bare the usual jet Black fur so they stuck out like a sore hoof despite the rooms poor lighting.

Noticing their Queen had stepped into the room the other Changelings seized all their activities lowered their heads respectfully, standing aside for her to pass. However, as Luna came into view behind her there were some surprised yelps and confused mummering. She tried to avoid glancing to the sides and followed Chrysalis to the centre where a spiked throne sat which Chrysalis perched herself on in a single bound.

"Now I understand you're all very confused and probably a little scared seeing an outsider in our home, and an Alicorn no less. As you well know we only ever accept other Changelings into our hive while the rules I've laid out regarding Ponies in the cave is their extermination…" Chrysalis said in a stern voice that made Luna slightly uneasy, though she didn't let her uncertainty show even remotely.

"…But this Mare is an exception to the rule, I've known her for a short while and she doesn't bare us any hostility. I have faith she would never divulge our location to anyone else and should be treated as a friend to all Changelings"

Many of her Changelings regarded their Queen with mixture fear and nervousness, some wishing to object but seemingly lacking the bravery to question their leader. Luna empathised with their feelings, Luna could easily leak their location onto any of her generals and they'd chase the Changelings would be forced out of their home, which from the looks of things they had been living in for a while. And to think that Chrysalis was trusting her with that secret spoke volumes for how far their relationship had come.

"That is all, you may resume your activities" the Queen said with a dismissive wave of her hoof which they all responded to with nods before continuing what they were doing. But now that Luna's presence was announced many couldn't really focus a kept a single eye trained on the Moon Pony as Chrysalis dropped down next to her and motioned for her to follow her to where Luna hoped was private.

She wasn't by any stretch crowd shy, as princes's public hearings were unavoidable. That being said she was more introverted than Celestia was, even as a young Mare she preferred not having to do so at all, and with the public ever fading interest in her she rarely ever needed to.

Luna tried to smile at any Changelings she happened to make eye contact with and followed Chrysalis down another tunnel, one that was much shorter and lead to a dead-end.

"Um? Don't tell me you got lost in your home" Luna said giggling lightly. Chrysalis scoffed and pressed her front hoof on the wall.

"Oh please. Like I'd do that" she said just a light blue glow enveloped the wall and the dead-end faded out of existence, revealing a large spacious room. Seemed she'd set up a magic barrier to keep others out. She supposed it made sense to have such things, with the absence of any doors there wasn't really much in the way privacy here

"I take it this is your sleeping chamber" she said as she glanced up at the huge upside-down cocoon by the roof. She already had an aching suspicion that Changelings didn't sleep on the floor like Ponies based on how restless Chrysalis tended to be when she laid down on grass, changing position constantly to try and get comfortable. As though resting was an alien concept to her.

"What gave it away? The large spaciousness of the cavern? the cocoon at the roof or my initials carved into that wall?" she asked sarcastically as she stepped inside and motioned Luna to follow. She didn't offer a reply as she was too mesmerized by the beauty of her living Quarters despite its incredibly alien design. The familiar pink goo from earlier decorating her walls and illuminating the room in a subtle glow while the fireflies buzzed by, adding a dynamic look to the colours in the room.

"Its Beautiful Chrysalis" she said just as she felt something tug at her tail and twisted her head back in surprise. "What in the?"

Clinging onto her tail by its mouth was a little white Changeling baby, its iris-less blue eyes blinking at her innocently as it clung onto her tail. Chrysalis sighed, trotting over and dislodging the youngling from Luna's tail. F

"Sorry about that seems I forgot about them before inviting you" Chrysalis said as she gently stroked its hairless head, the baby Changeling cooing lightly and nuzzling more against her hoof.

"Wait… Don't tell me you're a mother!" Luna said in surprise which warranted her an annoyed flick to her forehead from Chrysalis who scowled and shook her head.

"In a sense, I suppose I am the entire hives mother being the oldest one here. But no, these aren't my hatchlings Luna." Chrysalis said as another green youngling peered at Luna from behind Chrysalis. Not once had she ever pegged her friend as the maternal sort of Changeling yet that was exactly the sort of image she was seeing. The gentle manner in which stroked and held the hatchlings was akin to a mother. Really the last thing she'd ever to compare Chrysalis too.

"Oh, sorry. But what are these Hatchlings doing in your room then? Shouldn't they be with their parents?" she asked as she stared down and made eye contact with the little hatching behind Chrysalis which hissed and hid behind her.

"Raising hatchlings can be highly time-consuming so they leave them here while they head out looking for prey. Other than that its necessary that all hatchlings spend a given amount of time with the Queen to build up their immune system" she explained as she placed the hatchling down and watched it crawl over to Luna slowly. Looking rather curious but also a bit scared of the unfamiliar figure.

"Makes sense. Do they feed off your love to get stronger?" Luna asked as she watched the Changeling with a small smile as it got closer. Chrysalis nodded as she scooped up the other Changeling hiding and placed it on her back.

"They do indeed. They aren't strong enough to feed off emotions yet and even then, its important the doses are measured…" she said trailing off and glancing at the Hatchlings as though she was recalling some terrible nightmare of the past. "…Too much love can overload their senses and kill them. And as you can see their also really harmless and small so they're not allowed out of the hive until adulthood"

"That would explain why the only Changelings I ever see are black. I think their very adorable" Luna said just as the reached her feet pawed at her, prompting Luna to look at it unsure of what to do. Chrysalis simply smiled and motioned for her to pick her up which Luna did with a nervous smile, having no experience with little Pony Foals let alone a Changeling.

Raising it up to her face it instinctively bit at her nose making her cringe and pull away slightly. The creature growled and made a clawing motion and made a clicking noise as its opened its mouth as though it was expecting something. She had no idea what she was doing and blinked at the hatchling as it tilted its head in confusion when nothing happened. Was it expecting her to feed it?

"Seems Crystal is hungry" Chrysalis said as she took the little Changeling back from the visibly uncomfortable Luna and held it up to her head. She then pressed her horn up against its face in a gentle manner. A faint pink light emanated from it and enveloped the Changelings body which seemed to go limp at the contact.

Luna could only watch in amazement for the next minute as Chrysalis transferred her love to the Hatchling. Once she was done the light quickly faded and she placed Crystal down on a little bed of webs by the wall which she latched onto instinctively and moved into a resting position.

Despite how different their way of life was, the Changelings were far from the barbaric, repugnant monsters she'd spent so many years believing they were. No they weren't perfect, but they certainly weren't evil by any stretch. Despite her wild appearance Chrysalis was just a Queen trying to take care of her people

"Are you coming along or would you prefer I leave you there to continue your daydreaming?" Chrysalis asked with a raised brow as Luna came snapped back to reality and looked back Chrysalis as she placed the second Hatchling into the same web for it to snuggle up and rest in.

"I'm coming. Sorry, got distracted there…" Luna said as she trotted over to Chrysalis who looked like she had some other insult on the tip of her tongue but decided to refrain at the last second.

"I suppose I can't blame you for it. I imagine this place is wholly different from anything you've ever seen" she said as she reached out a pulled a strand of web from Luna's head that had gone unnoticed. Receiving a simple 'thanks' in response.

"It is. I don't know anywhere like this. Its all so unfamiliar, yet so beautiful" the moon Goddess said in a voice full of sincerity. It was enough to bring a soft smile to Chrysalis's lips.

"I'm glad you like it…" she said an uncharacteristically serious voice as she pulled the mare into a tight hug, surprising Luna quite a bit as Chrysalis had made it apparent how averse she was to unnecessary physical interaction whenever Luna made subtle advances like leaning on her side or hugs, especially hugs.

While it did hurt a bit she was quick to brush it off, Chrysalis had a knack for reminding her of the close sisterly bond she once shared with Celestia when they were both much younger. Celestia typically never minded the gesture and freely cuddled with Luna on cold winter where they two little ones often had to look out for each other, having literally nothing but each other. Just what happened to that bond as they matured into adults?

It only took a few seconds for her to return the embrace and hug Chrysalis back, welcoming the comfort that had been nearly non-existent in her life for over a century. She could also feel a subtle temptation to take the gesture a step further but ultimately decided to refrain. She'd much rather not make the rare gesture more awkward than it needed to be.

Eventually, the Changeling Queen pulled away, the composure in her face betrayed by the light pink that adorned her cheeks. Perhaps realising what she just did and was trying to brush it off, she definitely felt the urge to tease Chrysalis for it knowing her friend certainly wouldn't miss an opportunity to do the same but ultimately decided not to.

"Well then, er… Let's see the rest of the hive then, shall we?" Chrysalis asked though it sounded like she was asking herself as much as Luna. With a simple nod the two headed out of Chrysalis's bed chambers, the hatchling Changelings sleeping soundly in their bed of webs as they left. Luna proceeded to spend the rest of her night strolling about the entire hive at Chrysilis's side, attempting to look approachable to any Changelings they passed by.

Yet another misconception of the way Changelings lived was how the biggest ones constantly butted heads to be the alpha and even among their own kind they constantly fought. Yet all the Changelings they came across seemed to have nothing but respect and admiration for Chrysalis, giving a brief bow before resuming their business.

Despite her best efforts Luna couldn't hold back any of her questions regarding how they lived and how they cave could be so hot despite it dropping almost kilometre below the earth with the lower pathways it offered which Chrysalis explained as being a little Changeling magic Chrysalis developed to make the cave habitable. She was taken by the place it wasn't until it was just fourty minutes until dawn that she realised she had been around far too long. Giving her best friend a farewell hug before fluttering out through the sky entrance of the main hall.


It was now a little over year since Luna first meeting with Chrysails and the brief skirmish they had following it. At this point Chrysalis and her hive was practically a second home to Luna whom for te first time in centuries could say she had something to look forward to every night, knowing the Changelings would always be awake to appreciate and bask her night where the Ponies that served her would constantly sleep through. So long as she had Chrysalis in her life Luna was content playing second fiddle to Celestia

Speaking of the Sun Goddess she had just awakened from her nap to begin the night and was walking into the throne room where she spotted her sister scrolling through some parchments of paperwork alongside their long time protégé, Star swirl the bearded.

"Ah, princess Luna. Nice of you to join us, did you enjoy your rest?" the old Colt asked with a polite smile as glanced up at her. Luna returned the smile with a nod as she trotted over, a bit surprised to see Celestia wasn't about ready to retire for the night.

"I did, Star. Thank you for asking" she said using the little nickname she was accustomed to using back when the wizard was a young Colt. Even in his old age the wizard still carried himself with that same air dignity and elegance he'd learned from the sisters.

Glancing up from her scrolls Celestia glanced at her sister and smiled warmly.

"ah, sister. You're up at last" she greeted to which Luna responded with a brief but polite smile which she chose not to maintain. She knew her sister still cared for her and she liked to believe she did too, but as the years passed by the rift between the two of them only seemed to grow more and more and though she could tell it bothered Celestia quite a bit they had both grown content living that way. Really Starswirl was the only one made it possible for the Luna to be in the same room with Celestia for any extended amount of time.

"Indeed I am, and I see you're still awake. I would have thought you'd be exhausted from all the work you've pulled in today." Luna said to which Celestia sighed and rubbed her eyes.

"I would but we've had some extra important matters to deal with today that required immediate attention" she said as she stifled a yawn "Thankfully they've been resolved now and our subjects can resume their daily activities unmolested".

"Immediate attention? Hope nothing serious happened" Luna said as played with some loose strands of blue hair.

"Well a several casualties and three royal guards were unfortunately lost… But the battle was successful" Starswirl said as he stroked is beard and gave a sombre look. This peaked her curiosity, her sister dealt with most administrative duties while Luna focused on the dream realm so she didn't usually bother always being up to date.

"Battle? What on earth did you find?" Luna asked.

"Changeling." Celestia said and Luna's breath hitched, her face paling slightly though it went unnoticed by the other two who remained focused on the paperwork. "some civilians found a whole nest of them lurking in the evergreen forest. A patrol was immediately dispatched to drive them from our lands"

This couldn't be right, the nest was exceptionally well hidden in the forest. It couldn't have been the same hive, could it?" Luna thought, attempting to rationalise the situation but the more she thought of it the more fearful she became

"And, they were driven out?" Luna asked attempting to look relaxed.

"Yes, they're Queen fought back rather viscously but we were able to drive her and the rest of their hive out… You look Pale Luna, are you feeling well?" the wizard asked as he stroked his beard looking rather concerned. Was Chrysalis alright? She'd never be able to forgive herself if anything ever happened to her most important Mare

"Of course, I'm fine. Its good you were able to do so with little casualties… I think I'll take my leave of you. The dream realm needs managing"

"Sure you don't wish to linger for a little longer, your company is always welcome" Starswirl said as Celestia glanced over at her little sister uncertainly but not saying anything.

"Not to worry. We can always reschedule it another time. I should be going" she said as she walked over to the balcony without looking back, Celestia raising a brow as her long mane of bright pink hair flowed to the side. Without waiting for a response Luna outstretched her wings and took flight.

"Hmm, she seems odd tonight" Starswirl said looking back at Celestia who nodded.

"…Indeed"


Luna raced back to the evergreen forest at an alarming speed. She couldn't recall anytime when she pushed herself so hard as she raced through the sky but with the lives of those she cared most for potentially in danger she pushed, ignoring the sensation of pain from her wings due to the over exertion. Images of a bloody and battered Chrysalis laying down in some ditch haunted her mind and made it harder to see through the water forming in her eyes. She just couldn't lose her no matter what.

She didn't make it to the cave soon enough and much to her horror she could see countless spears and blades strung about along the entrance. Her heart rate rising the lower she got and surveyed the land for any Changelings or Ponies, nothing came into view. As she landed in front of the entrance she galloped through the entrance shining light from her horn to show the way as she twisted and turned each corner. As she made it to the main hall she skidded to a stop and looked around in horror.

The once vibrant cave, home to Chrysalis and all the other Changelings was empty. Practically deserted. She could see blood staining the walls and few broken weapons and torches here and there, clear signs the place had bee raided.

"No…" she said as she ran to the throne room where the secret wall passage had been breached and her entire room was turned upside down. The pink goo strewn about on the floor and the cocoon at the roof riddled with arrow bolts and was sliced open.

The tears were flowing now in torrents down Luna's cheeks as realisation hit her. The Changeling were gone, the only ones that ever gave her a place to belong… were gone.

"Please no…" she whispered in a shaky voice as she sat down and quietly sobbed the night away, her eyes looking for any signs of her friend but finding nothing. As thought she'd wake up and realise it was all a dream, it seemed even the Queen of the dream realm had nightmares.

Everything their relationship was and everything it still could have been were ended on this night and there was nothing she could do about it… Except take revenge.

"Damn you, Celestia…" Luna said through her uncontrollable sobbing as she sat there, alone in near total darkness. This was the last straw, she thought she had nothing before Chrysalis and just as she was beginning to think she had someone she could love… as a friend. That happiness was ripped from her by her sister.

Slowly Luna's coat turned darker and darker as a wind blew passed her. A pair of fangs forming over her teeth and her rising.

She never thought she could loathe someone so much until today.

Her eyes transformed into a bright emerald with slits. Her horn rising and becoming sharper.

If all her ponies loved the Sun so much then they would live in an eternal nightmare as punishment.

She grew two heads taller and was now roughly her sisters height. A dark helmet forming at the base of her skull.

And their beloved sister would suffer greatly as well, she would feel the pain she had caused Luna. EVERY SHRED OF IT

She growled a low animalistic roar as her wings became more bat like and webbed. Dark magic forming at her side.

Their Nightmare would not be pleasant either. She, nightmare moon. Would make sure of it

Without a word blasted through the cave roof, her body barrelling the stone like drill and flying hundreds of feet into the air. Her eyes setting on the castle where the Sun Goddess resided.

"The day of reckoning is upon you sister" she said in a demonic voice feeling nothing but hate.

Author's Note:

And that concludes this little two shot. I needed to get this out of my head before it cooked too long so be sure to leave a review telling me what you all think of it ^-^. I took a lot of inspiration from 'Lullaby for a Princess' and 'The moon rises for this fic. The animations are awesome and I recommend you all check them out if you haven't.

Fun fact, since this a prequel of sorts Celestia hair is pink her so that wasn't a typo for any who were wondering. Anyway, until my next piece have a good one.

Comments ( 8 )

8468746
You're welcome.

I'm sorry the first comment I posted was grammar errors.

8468762
The scentce just fells like it is missing a word.

By the way. This is a really good story.:pinkiehappy:

8468912
Pony_Person_123
Thanks for the reply and feedback. I'll try to address the grammar issues with it and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

omg i know this is completed, but it is by far the best fic i have read! would it be too much to maybe ask for a sequel? i totally get it if your busy or whatnot! its just this was soooooooooo good!

8479079
Thanks for the feedback. I'm really flattered and happy you'd call this the best fic you've ever read. Regarding a sequel its certainly not the last thing I intend to write on this ship (currently working on another one actually) but in time I do intend to write a follow up in the near future.

amazing story man cant wait for a sequel!

10318717
Thank you for the feedback, I certainly plan on writing more stories about these two.

Login or register to comment