• Published 25th Dec 2017
  • 959 Views, 23 Comments

Changeling Fate - Nightmare Rift



The Changelings are good and feed off of any positive emotion, but happens when one Changling decides to pick one form and never change form again. Night Crystal decided to become an Alicorn forever, but what if someone finds out she's a Changling.

  • ...
3
 23
 959

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 31: Friendship School Part 1

Night Crystal’s POV:
Now that Hearts and Hooves Day is over I can finally go talk to Twilight about my idea. If she hasn’t figured it out yet or if Starlight had the same idea and told her. I canter outside to see Filthy Rich standing there, staring at my house. “What do you want now Filthy?” I ask snarling.

“I just wanted to introduce you to my daughter, Diamond Tiara.”

“That’s okay, I don’t talk with fillies very much. Especially one related to you Filthy. By the way, last I checked, I especially don’t like your daughter because she constantly bullied the Cutie Mark Crusaders for being blank flanks. She still does bully them for other things on occasion. So thank you, but no thank you.”

“But she wouldn’t, she couldn’t, when we are over at Sweet Apple Acres, Apple Bloom always acts so nice to me and Diamond Tiara.”

“That’s because she is usually in the presence of Big Macintosh or Applejack. So she has to be nice, not because she wants to.”

“Oh, well I guess I’ll need to bring it up with Applejack.”

“See that you do Filthy, now if you would excuse me, I am off to see Twilight,” I say walking off. “Oh, and by the way, if you thought I left the door unlocked, you are very wrong; in fact, there is a very powerful shield spell over my entire house. So I would recommend not trying to get in.”

He says nothing, so I continue my stroll to Twilight’s castle. I turn a corner to walk down to the castle, when Starlight collides with me, only her at full running force. I go flying backwards, and grumble out, “What are you in a hurry for Starlight?”

“Oh, Night Crystal, just the pony I was looking for. Twilight is driving me crazy! I need your help. She has spent all morning organizing and reorganizing the library. She has done it at least 10 times already. Do you have any idea for Twilight?”

“I think I do, let us go grab Twilight,” I say walking beside her back to the castle. We enter the castle and go to the library, to see Twilight running around the library reorganizing. “Twilight.”

“Not now, I need to organize this by subject, in alphabetical order.”

“Twilight!” I yell, grabbing her in my magic.

“Ahhh. What Starlight!?” She turns and sees it is me holding her. “Oh, sorry Night Crystal. I thought Starlight was talking.”

“No worries Twilight,” I say setting her down. “Now, I think I have a better use of time for you than organizing, than reorganizing the library, along with driving Starlight crazy.”

“Really!?”

“Yes, remember when you published the friendship journal?”

“Yes, that was a failure.”

“The book might have been, but the lessons it taught weren’t. You just need to get it out to ponies in a different fashion. Twilight, I propose you open a school of friendship. I don’t know all the details, but I’m sure Celestia would know, since after all, she runs her own school. On top of being a co-ruler of Equestria.”

“That, that sounds amazing! Where do you propose I begin?”

“Well, I suggest starting with drawing up building plans. Figuring out who will be teachers and if it is going to be just for ponies or for all creatures. No matter how different,” I say, looking at Spike who is peeking out from underneath a pile of books.

“Well I guess all of my friends and I will be the teachers, since we do represent the elements of harmony. And if it weren’t for my friends, I wouldn’t be the Princess of Friendship. As for design plans, I guess I better ask Celestia for advice there. Thanks Night Crystal.”

“My pleasure Twilight, and I’m sure Starlight would make a good guidance counselor.”

“True, she would, especially after all of her experiences. Both good and bad, they have made her the pony she is today. And I am so happy to have her as a friend, a very special one at that,” Twilight says, smiling over at Starlight.

Twilight grabs paper and quills, then drags Spike and Starlight to the train station to go to Canterlot. Meanwhile, I am going to go home and nap. Since I haven’t been getting much sleep, thanks to Discord and his meddling. I mean, Changelings need their beauty sleep too, as much as some ponies believe otherwise. My energy and positive emotions only get me so far. I reach my house, head upstairs, and curl up in my bed. I peek up to look at Basil, who has been content to just lay around the house sleeping all day. I asked him this morning if he wanted to come visit Twilight with me. In response he yawned and curled into an even tighter ball.

I wake up hours later and it is dark outside. I decide to take a shower and go check to see if Rarity has started or maybe finished my dress that I asked for. I won’t hold my breath for it since she had a decent amount to make for Photo Finish. Although, she is a very efficient worker, surprisingly. I shouldn’t go down that train of thought, but I do anyway. Not as efficient as Changelings, even now, we are very quick at the skills that we have come to learn. Cloth making, sewing, and just about every other profession you can think of. Now, I guess something that I should have mentioned about me compared to other Changelings. I am still black and look like the “evil” Changelings in history books, the others; well let me just say that they are all pretty colors and don’t look near as mean as I do. It happened to them when they accepted Celestia and Luna’s rule. Since I have never accepted it and openly hate it, I didn’t change color. But now I guess I really should go check on my dress at Rarity’s.

I begin my short walk to Rarity’s. I arrive to find a sign saying closed. Well, guess I go to Twilight’s castle to see if they are all there, and to see if Twilight has a plan for the school yet. I decide to fly over there instead of walking, but something is definitely different about the area as I approach the castle. As the castle comes into focus I see that apparently in the time I was sleeping, an entire school has been built next to Twilight’s castle. Its crest is the Elements of Harmony, but something is out of place. I land down by the door to see a giant EEA seal over the doors. It seems that Chancellor Neighsay was not impressed by the way Twilight’s school was run, so he shut it down. I guess I better go inside to see what is going on.

Author's Note:

Last chapter of the week. Only 4 more chapters until this book comes to an end.

Thanks for sticking with me.

PreviousChapters Next