• Published 25th Dec 2017
  • 955 Views, 23 Comments

Changeling Fate - Nightmare Rift



The Changelings are good and feed off of any positive emotion, but happens when one Changling decides to pick one form and never change form again. Night Crystal decided to become an Alicorn forever, but what if someone finds out she's a Changling.

  • ...
3
 23
 955

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 27: Discord Is Not Helpful

Author's Note:

I am writing this chapter under the assumption everyone has watched the episode “Fame and Misfortune” from season 7, it is episode 14.

Due to school starting back up, my editor was unable to edit any of these, but once she has I will be sure to update them.

Thanks to MisterEdd for the feedback and encouragement.

Night Crystal’s POV:
I wake up to somepony or ponies screaming outside my front door. I wander downstairs and look through the peep hole to see Fluttershy and Twilight at my door. I open the door and both come barreling in. I see a mob of ponies that were behind them come swarming towards my open door and I immediately slam it shut. “What in all of Equestria is going on out there?”

“Discord gave me the idea to share all of our friendship lessons with everypony so they can learn them too. Instead, it backfired because everypony is arguing with each other now, and all of us are constantly being followed by a swarm of ponies that are idolizing us,” Twilight blurts out.

“Well, all things considered, it wasn’t a bad idea. It just wasn’t taken the way it should be by everypony else. Mistakes happen, so now you know what needs to happen, don’t you?”

“What?”

THUMP THUMP THUMP

“Oh never mind, we will discuss this later. For right now, I am going to need you to get a good distance away from the door,” I say switching into a Changeling. They push themselves up against the farthest wall from the door while still being able to see it. I put a shield around my house and then open the door. “Who comes knocking loudly on Night Crystal’s door at this hour?”

“Um, we do. We know Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy are in your house. We need to discuss friendship stuff with them,” says a shaking tan pony with a brown mane and tail.

“Well, I hate to disappoint you, but neither of them are speaking to you guys. They are both currently trying to stay away from you. Hence the reason they came to me, as I am perfectly capable of making you go away.”

“We aren’t scared of you!” an orange mare pipes up from the back of the crowd.

“Are you sure?” I say, enlarging my size one more time and hissing.

“Yyyess,” says the tan pony again.

“Hahaha. You have no idea what I possess, so I recommend you leave now,” I say, changing into my dragon form.

“Ahhhhhhhhh!” the entire crowd yells as they go running away from the house, with my purple fire trailing after them.

I walk back into the house and I see both Fluttershy and Twilight are sleeping on the couch. I cover them each up with a blanket and head to the kitchen to make them each a meal for when they wake up.

About 8 hours later, they both saunter into the kitchen to eat. I tell them that we are heading over to Twilight’s castle in an hour so that we have no chance of running into any ponies.

The three of us leave my house under the cover of the midnight sky to go to Twilight’s castle. We get into her castle to see Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash all sitting next to each other. All of them are sleeping and Starlight is keeping watch over them and looks at the door when we open it.

“Oh thank goodness you are back Twilight. These four came here looking for you to help them. I told them to wait here as none of them slept last night, so I have been up helping keep every other pony away from them,” says Starlight, looking very sleepy.

“Well, Fluttershy and I are here now thanks to Night Crystal. Fluttershy and I were both in town and Night Crystal’s house was closer than my castle. We hung out there and told her about what happened.”

Starlight and Twilight keep talking back and forth. I seal the doors to Twilight’s castle so only me, the Mane 6, Starlight, or Spike can open them for the time being, and to prevent any of the idiot ponies outside from forcing their way in. Once Twilight and Starlight are done talking they decide to join in the sleeping pile of ponies, so I stay awake to guard the castle. You know, all of them are pretty peaceful in their sleep, which makes sense after the days that they have all had.

The next morning I wake all of them up. I tell Twilight that she must face the mob outside her castle. Twilight and her friends sum up the courage and open the doors. Twilight starts yelling for everypony to be quiet and listen to her. I can tell she is getting frustrated.

“Listen to me!” yells Twilight, calling upon a small portion of the Royal Canterlot Voice. Then she breaks out singing, along with the other Mane 5.

I never claimed to be perfect
My mistakes are all written in ink
None of us claimed to be perfect
And it's sad if that's what you all think
Our flaws helped to make us special
They bond us and keep us strong
Our flaws are what brought us together
So stop actin' like somethin's wrong

We're not flawless
We're a work in progress
We've got dents and we've got quirks
But it's our flaws that make us work
Yeah, we're not flawless
We're a work in progress
So tell me what flaws you got, too
'Cause I still like what's flawed about you

I immediately teleport inside my house after that last line because I had no desire to keep listening to the Mane 6 singing any longer. Although their voices together are good, I really don’t care to hear them singing. Knowing that this is all because of Discord makes that note seem all the more suspicious since I have a feeling he is planning more right now. Although, I don’t think all of the singing is going to solve anything, but I will leave that for Twilight to deal with. For now, I must sleep so I can go to Canterlot tomorrow to make sure Discord hasn’t moved his meddling there.

PreviousChapters Next