• Published 25th Dec 2017
  • 955 Views, 23 Comments

Changeling Fate - Nightmare Rift



The Changelings are good and feed off of any positive emotion, but happens when one Changling decides to pick one form and never change form again. Night Crystal decided to become an Alicorn forever, but what if someone finds out she's a Changling.

  • ...
3
 23
 955

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 3: Settling In and Suprises

Night Crystal's POV:
Twilight bids the other princesses goodbye and Celestia said she would send the money to Twilight to give to me the next day. I thanked all of them, told Celestia to put my house at the edge of the Everfree Forest, and then Twilight led me upstairs to where I would be staying for the next 3 weeks. Apparently that was in a room next to her friend Starlight Glimmer- Hummer? I have no idea, but nonetheless I didn't have a choice. Since I was currently in the process of pulling off probably the biggest lie in Equestrian history. Still it could have been worse, I could have told them I was born an Alicorn, and then I would have had to tell them who my parents were, and that wouldn't have worked because than they would look them up in the records and then find out they were Changelings, and in turn find out I was a Changeling, and reveal me. So, it could be worse, much worse.

I wake up the next morning to someone pounding on my door, "Come in!" I shout, and in barges the bright pink pony named Pinkie Pie. How, in all Equestria, did she get herself into Twilight Sparkle's castle? This was beyond me. As I stretch my wings, she shoots a cannon filled with little inedible sprinkles that taste like paper. I can't handle this pony, especially in the morning. I decide to jump out my window to take a nice, relaxing, calming flight, and to get some fresh air. As I flap my wings, I wish to do nothing more than change back into a Changeling. Sadly though, I can't, because if that Rainbow Dash pony is out flying, then I can't be spotted changing.

I look around me, wondering where that nice Applejack pony is. Alas, I don't have time to look as I am suddenly plummeting through the sky to the ground. OOF!

"Hey Night Crystal! What you doing up so late? Shouldn't you be at Twilight's castle helping to make preparations for your home? Who were you looking for?" a certain Rainbow Dash says.

"If you must know, Pinkie Pie woke me up with a cannon that launches inedible sprinkles--"

"Confetti."

"Okay, shoots confetti, and I was looking for the pony I met on my way here whose name is Applejack. Lastly, I didn't even know that they were making preparations on my home starting today," I say with no emotion.

“Oh, Applejack is busy working on the farm, so you should probably get back to Twilight’s, since according to her your home is going to be awesommme!”

“Well, I’ll go then. Enjoy your flight, or whatever reason you’re out here,” I say, brushing off her excitement over MY house as I fly back to Twilight’s castle.

As I make my way back through my bedroom window, I see that the door is now open. I land inside, and immediately start to hear yelling downstairs. I fly down there to find Twilight and Luna fighting over the layout of the rooms. I, in turn, look at each of their designs for my house; Luna’s design has a kitchen, two bedrooms, a living room, a basement, a small bathroom, and a small side room that has a door that leads to the backyard. Twilight’s is practically the same, except that it adds an attic, which I don’t need, and a small library. I haven’t read a book in over a year, mostly because Changelings don’t have libraries. I pipe up in the midst of them arguing with my opinion, “I like Luna’s the best, it is more practical for me. Besides, I have no need for an attic as I have nothing to put up there, and I don’t need a personal library. That is what the public library is for; and I’m sure I could always borrow books from you Twilight. You know, to catch up on what I have missed over the time I have spent in seclusion.”

“Well, that settles it then. We will get started immediately. Thy house shall be done within three weeks time,” Luna states, using the royal we, which is what she refers to herself as she hasn’t gotten used to using I. Heck, she still speaks using thee and thy.

“And of course you can borrow books from my library. You’re free to borrow as many as you want and as often as you want, as long as they are all returned eventually,” Twilight cheerfully adds.

“Of course Twilight, and thank you Luna. I will be sure to do many things during my time here in Ponyville. Twilight, I would love if you would show me around town tomorrow and introduce me to some other ponies,” I say as I walk away and go to my bedroom to rest until tomorrow.

Author's Note:

Hello to everyone,
I am excited to say I found motivation to continue writing and that was helped along by MisterEdd, who left a wonderful comment and has given me inspiration to continue writing this story. As life continues I will try to find time to write between work, school, and playing games with my older brother.

Hope you enjoyed this short chapter, my next one will be longer, I promise.

PreviousChapters Next