• Published 25th Dec 2017
  • 948 Views, 23 Comments

Changeling Fate - Nightmare Rift



The Changelings are good and feed off of any positive emotion, but happens when one Changling decides to pick one form and never change form again. Night Crystal decided to become an Alicorn forever, but what if someone finds out she's a Changling.

  • ...
3
 23
 948

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 13: The Invitations

Night Crystal’s POV:
I wake up sitting on my couch with the book still on my lap. I realize that I must have fallen asleep reading it or being occupied in my own thoughts. Either way, there is somepony banging loudly on my door, so I better go see who it is. I rub the sleepiness out of my eyes and answer the door, still yawning. “Can I help you?” I ask, seeing Derpy standing with an envelope in her mouth, that I take from her.

“Mail for you from Princess Celestia, enjoy!” she says, happily walking away.

A look of concern appears on my face, but I close the door, and open the letter nonetheless. I pull out a golden ticket and a letter. The letter written in beautiful purple colored script states:

Night Crystal,
It is my pleasure to cordially invite you to attend the Grand Galloping Gala as an esteemed guest of mine. This is a formal event, so dress accordingly. I hope you attend. Everypony is excited to meet you. I promise there won’t be any cameras, so no worries. Twilight and the other elements will be there for support, along with Starlight, Luna, and I. Discord may unfortunately be there as well, but nothing that we can’t handle.

Hope to see you there,
Princess Celestia

I never thought that Celestia would invite me to be her guest, although I guess that is what happens when she thinks you are older than her, that she needs to treat you better and make up for ruling. I don’t mind very much, besides the Gala gives me a chance to meet the Wonderbolts, other than Rainbow Dash, and get on the good side of some nobles hopefully. I assume that either Twilight got all of the bearers tickets, plus Starlight’s, or they each got theirs separately. I decide that I must go see Twilight first, before I go cavorting off to everypony else’s homes.

I arrive at Twilight’s castle just in time to see Spike running out the door. I grab him in my turquoise magic and ask, “What’s wrong Spike?”

“That’s what wrong,” he says, pointing back towards the castle. I look over there to see Twilight holding seven tickets. That means Twilight got all seven tickets, so I am very confused. I canter over to Twilight and ask what is wrong.

Hiding the tickets, she says, “Nothing is wrong. Why do you ask?”

“Twilight, I just watched you panic because you only have seven tickets to the Grand Galloping Gala. So seriously, what’s wrong?”

“Well, me only having seven tickets means that either you don’t go or one of my friends doesn’t go. I don’t want to have to decide.”

“That’s easy Twilight, we’re all going, see?” I say holding up my ticket that I received from Celestia.

“How, what, where did you get this?” she asks, barely forming a coherent sentence.

“Easy, Princess Celestia sent me a ticket and a letter inviting me to the Gala. She also said that you, the rest of the bearers, and Starlight would also be in attendance. We are also stuck with Discord that night, but I don’t think he should be too much trouble, hopefully.”

“Well that’s a relief, I wasn’t really sure who to pick if you didn’t have that ticket.”

“I think I would have shown up, ticket or not. I am an Alicorn, and no amount of ‘your not allowed in here’ would have stopped me.”

“Haha, I don’t think it would have either. Although, I think that it is strange that she sent yours separately. Don’t you?”

“Not really, I mean I am not as well connected to you as you are to your friends. Secondly, I am an adult Alicorn/Changeling so I mean it isn’t really that weird. You are still young compared to Celestia, Luna, or me.”

“That is true, I sent Spike to get Rarity after I started freaking out about the tickets. Rarity always designs our gowns for the Gala, so I sent for her immediately. Would be willing to help get the rest of the bearers here?”

“I would be glad to help get everypony here. Who do you want me to get?”

“You grab Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie, and I’ll grab Applejack and Fluttershy. See you back here in a few.” Then she disappeared in a teleportation spell. Cheater, I think, conjuring up my own spell to teleport to Pinkie.

I appear in front of Sugarcube Corner, seeing Pinkie outside bouncing. She sees me, then comes over and bounces around me, asking what I want.

“Twilight wants you at the castle ASAP for a meeting.”

“Okie dokie loki,” she says as she goes bouncing away towards Twilight’s castle. I teleport myself to Rainbow Dash’s house, hoping she was there. I appear outside her front door and go knocking on it. Thankfully, Rainbow Dash opens it and I tell her that Twilight called a meeting.

“Thanks, I’ll head there now. See you there,” she says, taking off into the air immediately. With all of my job done, I teleport back to Twilight’s castle, into the main room with the map and the chairs set up for all of the bearers. I see that Twilight finally decided to add a chair for Spike, as well as one for Starlight Glimmer. Twilight walks in with the rest of the bearers with Starlight and Spike behind them. I go take my place standing between the chairs of Rarity and Applejack. Twilight starts the conversation by saying, “Everypony, I gathered you here to tell you that I have all of your tickets to the Grand Galloping Gala. Everypony here is going, that excludes you Spike, you are staying with Big Mac. Rarity, I assume you are prepared to make us all dresses for the Gala?”

“Of course darling, I already have designs for everypony made, I just need input from each of you. However, I am sorry that I don’t have a design made up for you yet Night Crystal.”

“No worries Rarity. I already have a dress that I made while I was in seclusion.”

“Wait, you know how to make dresses!? Oooh, would you mind giving me your insightful eye on each of their designs?”

“It has been a long time since I have actually sewed a dress, but I would love to give you a critiquing eye. However, I have no desire to help with the sewing.”

“No worries darling, I will do all of the sewing. I just want your amazing eye for fashion.”

“Well it’s settled then. We’ll all go to Rarity’s boutique and look at all of our designs, then, when Rarity finishes sewing them, we can all try our gowns on together. All of us except Spike saunter out of the castle and head to Rarity’s boutique. I am intrigued that Spike didn’t want to come, normally he is all over Rarity. But I can’t worry about that now, all I can think about is the dress designs and my own dress.

PreviousChapters Next