• Published 25th Dec 2017
  • 956 Views, 23 Comments

Changeling Fate - Nightmare Rift



The Changelings are good and feed off of any positive emotion, but happens when one Changling decides to pick one form and never change form again. Night Crystal decided to become an Alicorn forever, but what if someone finds out she's a Changling.

  • ...
3
 23
 956

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 4: Three Weeks of Waiting

Luna’s POV:
Although we find it curious that Night Crystal is an Alicorn, we truly wonder if she is; but the only way to find out if our suspicions are correct are to ask her directly, or visit her dreams. If those give us an insight, then maybe asking won’t be necessary.

Night Crystal’s POV:
As I canter out of my room the next day I feel strangely invaded, probably Luna watching over my dream, which was about me Spending my time in a made up orphanage. I knew to control my dreams to keep them about my made up past, as I knew Luna was going to be snooping around trying to figure out if I was lying about my past as an Alicorn. My next dream is going to be about Queen Galaxia giving me my horn. That should throw Luna and Celestia for a loop, since that would mean I am older than both of them.

I go downstairs to see Twilight talking to Cadence and some stallion who is calling her Twily. I see his cutie mark and see that it is similar to Twilight's, so I am assuming that is her brother Shining Armor. I give a greeting and ask what breakfast is since I could smell it from upstairs.

“Chocolate chip pancakes and a side of papaya. By the way, this is my brother Shining Armor.” I was right after all. “Are you ready for me to show you around town a little bit today?” pipes up Twilight.

“Of course,” I say as I stuff my face with pancakes. “I was thinking we could visit Applejack on her farm and then maybe hit up the spa that I saw on my flight in. It looks decent and I have never really had a spa day, although I have had heard about them from my orphanage nanny back in the day.” I finish up eating and then Twilight and I head off into town to do what I planned, hopefully.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nope, definitely not what I planned. I am currently at Sweet Apple Acres, spending time with a lot of ponies: Applejack, Pinkie Pie (my main source of feeding), Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Twilight, Rarity, Granny Smith, Big Mac, and the three fillies that ran past me at Sugarcube Corner when I first arrived. The three fillies apologized for almost knocking me over that day. I forgave them but told them to be more careful so it doesn't happen in the future. As those three went off to go play, the rest of us, except Granny Smith and Big Mac, helped Applejack harvest apples. Big Mac was injured so he wasn't able to do his chore of harvesting. I was very bored but, nonetheless, listened to everyone else chat about their previous journeys that they have taken together to save the world and to solve friendship problems. I then got lost in my own thoughts about my real past and about the Everfree Forest.

“Darling, are you going to continue helping or do you have a question on your mind?” Rarity asks me, pulling me back to reality.

“Oh, well, I do have a question, technically two. First, who else lives in the Everfree Forest? Secondly, after the War of Crystal, who took over the Crystal Empire and the Changeling Hive?” I asked, knowing very well who the answer is to both questions.

“Well that's pretty darn easy,” answers Applejack. “Zecora lives in the Everfree Forest. Princess Cadence rules over the Crystal Empire and then all of them Changelings work together to live in relative harmony. Since a good amount of them come here to Ponyville to work and all Changelings are known to us ponies now.”

“Alright, good to know. How many more trees need bucking, Applejack?” I say bucking the tree I am under and catching the apples in the basket.

“Zero, you just did the last one.”

“Great! Should we all go to the spa now, or do you have other chores for us to do Applejack?”

“Nope, all ya’ll should head to the spa. Rainbow Dash and I have a hoof ball match that we planned to do. We’ll see ya’ll later.”

I thought that meant the rest of us were going, but Fluttershy has to go take care of her animal friends, and Rarity has to go finish up her new line for Photo Finish. So it was just me and Twilight, she started babbling on about a dragon named Spike that was currently in the Dragon Lands learning about dragon customs and yada yada yada. I stopped listening eventually, and just as Twilight was going to go on another tangent we reached the spa. Just as we reached the entrance a disheveled looking pony ran out screaming her head off that the spa owners were demons trying to ruin her hair. Then the door to the spa slammed shut with a closed sign hanging on it.

“That was weird, that was Spoiled Rich, and she has never had a single complaint against the two spa owners, who are both wonderful ponies by the way,” Twilight says puzzlingly.

“Well since we no longer can go to the spa, do you want to sit down and answer a long complicated question for me?” I say almost pleadingly.

“Of course.” We walk over to the nearest bench and sit. “What do you want to know?”

“I want to know how much trouble one can get into with Celestia and Luna before they kill you or banish you? And along with it, do you happen to know how many Changelings were killed by them after the War of Crystal?”

“First off, I am not proud of Celestia and Luna for their actions of killing those Changelings, but I guess I do agree that they were right to be condemned, since they were going along with and aiding King Sombra. Their total count was about 234 Changelings, leaving about 25 orphan children, all of which Luna and Celestia paid for them to be well taken care of in the hive. As for how much trouble, probably a lot. You have to have done something horrible to them or one of the elements to deserve wrath that high. Why do you ask?”

“I’ve heard about the devastation in the Changeling hive, but also I wanted to know just how bad somepony needs to screw up to make Luna and Celestia mad. So thank you,” Night Crystal replied. Today had been a long day, so I bid Twilight goodnight. I leapt off the ground and took off towards Canterlot, leaving a stunned Twilight behind.

Author's Note:

Hey everyone who reads this story,
Good news, I found motivation to continue writing, my busy schedule has died down so now I have more time to write.
In other good news, I found a friend that was willing to edit and revise my story, so it won’t be as rocky to read. I have also made a large change to Chapter 3, so I recommend going back and rereading the end of it at least. Some small edits were made to the rest of the chapters but nothing major.
Thanks for you support with me through this.

PreviousChapters Next