• Published 17th Jul 2012
  • 463 Views, 0 Comments

Secrets - SpeedStarArtist



this is the story of two unlikely friends

  • ...
 0
 463

PART 3 CHAPTER 5


Yuki trotted over to the wooden door, she slid it open to find a brown earth pony with a blue mane.
He smiled as he saw Yuki's face.
He had a tray strapped around his neck which had glass mugs filled up with rather rich looking beer.

Yuki stood there staring at him, she rolled her eyes "um, can I help you?" She said with a slight tone of nervous laughter.
The rather skinny earth pony stood there looking rather dazed. "Your hot, will you go out with me?"
Yuki stepped back "eww, no!" She snapped as she turned her head.
The earth pony smiled "Would you like some beer?"
Yuki looked at the glass mugs as she raised her hoof and knocked over the tray. Beer spilling everywhere, "aww, look at that my beer spilled..." The earth pony looked at the beer rather clueless.

"My name is Nelson and you are?" Nelson rather deeply smiled at Yuki.
"Urr, Yuki, now can you please leave me alone!" Yuki started to get mad.

"Ok" Nelson started trotting off into the forest. Yuki moaned "I hope some of the zombie ponies eat him..." She giggled as she opened up her laptop again, She continued to talk to Hex.

"I made a new friend today..." Yuki continued. Hex’s eyes widened "Friend!!?! Yu-" Yuki stopped him "Don't worry she is just a plain old Pegasus who couldn't even fly for like six year or something!" Yuki chuckled. Hex growled slightly "this 'friend' better not know about the Shadowbolts!" He said.

Yuki giggled "don't worry; when I get bored of her I'll kill her!" squeed Yuki

She closed her laptop and slowly trotted over to her bed. She jumped on top of it and squirmed until she was comfily in her right place. She drifted off to sleep, in the morning she awoke to knocking on her door. She slowly pulled herself out of bed and trotted towards the door to find Nelson eagerly waiting for Yuki.
Yuki shoved Nelson aside and continued walking towards Ponyville. She started to wonder what the time was… what if she was late!? She started to gallop. She had finally made it to ponyville's café.
She heard that peaceful bell ring when she opened the door. She spotted Dusk Rise and Speed star waiting at a table sharing a lemonade which each other .Just as they were about to kiss, Yuki trotted up to them, "Hay, sorry I'm a bit late!" Yuki apologized as she stretched her wings out. Yuki gave a little chuckle "I guess I over slept!" She said with a yawn as she sat down next to Speed star.
Dusk rise gave Yuki a smile "it's ok we only just got here!"
Speed star gave him a nudge "are you kidding me we have been waiting here for hours!" She complained.
Dusk rise blushed, "oh um, it just felt like hours...."

Yuki sighed "I'm so sorry I had a late night since I was being bothered by-" Yuki stopped as she spotted Nelson outside the café. He gave her a wave from outside. Speed star looked confused " By what?" She asked impatiently. Yuki tried to think what she would say "um, an earth pony who was selling beer!" She said. Dusk rise and Speed star sat there staring at her. "Um, he likes me in fact-" Yuki stopped as she jumped up in fear as she saw Nelson putting his face close to Yuki's. "That pony, he is bothering me!" Yuki screamed out pushing him away. Nelson came closer "want to share lemonade?" He asked trying to flirt. Speed Star suddenly got out of her chair and flew in front of Nelson. "Look, pal I don't know who you are but my friend wants you to leave her alone NOW GET LOST!" Speed star yelled pushing the skinny earth pony. Nelson screwed up his face and burst into tears as he ran off crying. Speed star sat down back into her seat smiling. "There you go Yuki!" Speed star smiled.

Yuki got up and quickly and bought a coffee she then came back to sit down.
She slowly sipped her rather hot coffee.

Dusk rise whispered over in Speed star's ear "aren't you going to tell her?" He asked. Speed star sighed and turned to Yuki.

"Hay, Yuki. I need to tell you something!" Speed star smiled.

"What?" Yuki replied.

"Well, I'm a Wonderbolt! See?" Speed star pointed over to a large poster of her in a wonder bolt uniform. Yuki's eye widened as her mouth flew open. Speed star chuckled "in fact, I'm their vice-captain!"
Yuki couldn't bring herself to say anything, she finished a sip of her coffee. Once she finished, she left some bits on the table and got ready to leave. "Um, I have to go now..." Before Speed Star could say anything Yuki had already taken off. Speed Star looked at Dusk rise in confusion "I was expecting her to get me to sign something!" Dusk rise nodded in agreement.

MEANWHILE:

Yuki was rushing through Ponyville and heading towards the Everfree forest when she smashed into a rather good looking colt. He was a Pegasus with blue spiked up mane and he had a pair of silver goggles on top of his head. His cutie mark was visible, it was a light yellow shooting star, but not like the one Speed Star had. Yuki smiled when she saw him suddenly she focused on the task at hand. "Um, I'm so sorry I really am, my name is Yuki and yours is..."
The colt looked at Yuki with a slight smile "my name is Quick silver!" He smiled.
Yuki stood there blinking at him. This handsome colt was that rowdy Speed star's twin brother!?
Yuki laughed nervously "um, you don't happen to be related to Speed star the Wonderbolt do you?" She asked.
Quick Silver nodded "yep how did you know?-" But when Quick Silver lifted his head Yuki was nowhere to be seen.
When Yuki reached her house she locked her door and opened up her laptop. "Um, Hex come in!" She spoke clearly. "Hex in, yes Yuki..." He said with pride.
"Problem, my friend is vice-captain of the Wonderbolts!" Yuki said with fear. You could tell those words enraged him, as he glared at Yuki "YOU ARE MAKING FRIENDS WITH THE WONDERBOLTS?! YUKI, YOU KNOW YOU JOB NOW DO IT!" He hissed. Yuki ears flopped down.

"KILL HER, WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT KILL HER!" He screeched. Yuki laughed nervously. "Of… course..." She sighed. She went outside for some fresh air she slowly trotted towards Ponyville.

"I have to think of a plan, what I could possibly do..." Yuki sat there pondering all of the things she could do. Suddenly she had an idea; she could challenge Speed star to a race. Then she would be able to find out Speed star’s way of flight and her weakness as well.

Yuki spotted Speedster laughing with some odd Pegasus, she flew over to the two "Oh hi Yuki, this is Wildfire, she is one of my friends!" speed star smiled. Wildfire grinned as she shook hooves with Yuki "Nice to meet yah, actually we’re best friends'"
Yuki blushed "um, nice to meet you too..."

Wildfire looked at Speed star "See yah' SS!" She said as she flew off.

Speed star looked up at Yuki "so... What's happening?" Speed star asked in excitement.
"Well, I figured we should have a race together!" Yuki said with a daring smile.

Speed star giggled "you want to race me?" Speed star said holding her head high.

Yuki stroked her mane "well, you see I happening to be a great flyer too you know!" She laughed.

"Ok, let's use Cloudsdale's race track ok?" Speed star said as she pointed behind her towards the race track.

The two flew up trying to save their energy. Well it was mostly Yuki. Speed Star has the ability to fly for hours and hours without getting tired. When they reached the race course the two looked around for someone to say go or something. Then they spotted a rather wild looking Pegasi, " hay there could you maybe start us off with our race here?" Speed star asked kindly. The Pegasus agreed “anything for a Wonderbolt!” and he stood up on a cloud waiting. Then Speed star gave him the signal to start counting. The Pegasi slowly started counting down from three,
The two eager Pegasi stretched out their wings getting ready to race. Yuki didn't really mind if she lost or not since this was just to see Speed star's level.

As the Pegasus on the cloud screamed out go, the two Pegasi launched off the starting line. Speed star turned to find Yuki right next to her, her eyes immediately widened no pony has ever kept up with her before!
Speed Star grinned but not for long she thought as she increased her speed and increased her lead on Yuki.

Yuki looked in doubt as she saw she was behind Speed star. But this gave her the perfect chance to view Speed star’s wings. She watched carefully and quickly figured it out. Now Yuki was ready for a real race, she caught up to Speed star. Speed star tried to go ahead but she would always end up next to Yuki. Speed star knew what she had to do, preform her shooting star move. As she sped up she was just about to launch off in front of Yuki. Yuki was waiting for something like that as she launched off her signature move thunder crash she sped up heading towards Speed star. She wasn't meant to go so fast and she ended up crashing into Speed star the two tumbled in mid-air as they crashed into the finish line together. Clouds went flying everywhere when they crashed. Speed star got up to find Yuki on her back. Yuki quickly flew up as the two started laughing. Speed star smiled at Yuki "we all know that I one though!" She said with pride. Yuki folded her arms "No way, I won!" She smiled.

Speed star looked at her "let's just call it a tie for now!" She giggled.

"You know Yuki you might just be good enough to become a Wonderbolt too!" Speed star said quiet impressed. Yuki blushed "aww, nah I couldn't..."

Things were now clear to Yuki, Speed star was her best friend and she wanted to protect her even though she knew that would be impossible in the end. But it was probably worth trying.

She started to stare at Speed star’s cutie mark. It was very similar to her brothers. Yuki lifted her head to normal height "hey, Speed star do you want to enter that grand race that's on tomorrow?" Yuki asked.
Speed star sat there "hmm, I think Wildfire is in that! She only entered it to try beat me… it’s one of those things that as a Wonderbolt I have to attend." speed star grinned.
"Then we can see who really is the fastest!" Yuki said getting excited.

Speed star nodded her head in agreement. Then the two them headed off to Cloudsdale city centre. Where there was an orange Pegasus out the front with a stand in front of her. There was a large sign above it saying 'Grand Cloudsdale race tickets' the two flew over to the pony "um, can my friend enter the race here?" Speed star asked kindly. The pony grumbled for a bit "yeah sure, the two you just need to fill out this sheet..." The pony handed them both a sheet and a quill for writing.
“Woah woah woah, you two, don’t you mean you, do YOU have any idea who I am?” Speed Star stomped her hoof on the ground.
“Sorry miss Speed Star, I didn’t see it was you” the Pegasus said shyly.
Yuki started to fill the sheets out making sure she didn't miss out anything. When she had finished Yuki handed the sheet back.

The pony quickly checked it and shuffled some papers around.
Then she smiled at them "your all set, be here at 7:00 in the morning!"

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment