• Published 1st Nov 2017
  • 1,130 Views, 4 Comments

Twilight Is Doomed 2: Return of the Duct Tape - BlueCuddlePonyGhost



Twilight Sparkle has faced many enemies, but there is one particular foe who she has never gotten the best of; Duct Tape. On Nightmare Night, Twilight must overcome this sticky enemy once and for all... with comedic, and frustrating results.

  • ...
0
 4
 1,130

Return of The Sticky Tape

Author's Note:

*I only own the ideas for the story. All My Little Pony characters, places, etc. belong to Hasbro and DHX. My Little Pony All Rights Reserved.*

*I also got permission from the author Akumokagetsu, who wrote the original Fimfiction story "Twilight Is Doomed". I got her permission on Fanfiction, to allow me to make my version of a sequel to the oiriginal story. Akumokagetsu owns the original story. Link to the original story is in the description*

Twilight Is Doomed 2: Return of the Sticky Tape

Twilight Sparkle looked out her window admiring Nightmare Night. She was dressed as a dark blue and purple magician, complete with golden attire. A female version of Starswirl the Bearded if you will.

Everypony was dressed for the spooky occasion. There was even a costume contest! Twilight's friends were also dressed in costumes; Pinkie Pie was dressing up as a super hero version of herself, Rarity was dressing up as a fancy princess, Fluttershy was going as a cat, Applejack as an ocelot, and Rainbow Dash as Daring Do. Pinkie Pie even came over to help Twilight with the decorating. As they did so however, Twilight noticed she still had some streamers to hang up.

"There's some tape on the table if you need it," Pinkie replied before leaving, bouncing as she left.

"Thank you Pinkie! See you at the costume contest!" Twilight answered, as she began to fix the streamers and other decorations. Twilight then realized she needed to tape a few streamers to the wall again. They had somehow falled off. Twilight turned to the table, and glared at what she saw. A big, silver roll of sticky tape. No. Of all the tape she had to use, it had to be this tape. Duct tape, her old enemy.

Twilight had encountered duct tape before, and her first time using it had been an unfortunate affair. She had tried to use the evil, double sided sticky tape ... and had taped herself to her wall like a backward, upside down spider. That is, until Spike had to help her. No. That pathetic, embarrassing, frustrating nonsense wasn't going to happen again! Not now, and certainly not on Nightmare Night! The Princess of Friendship would be giving Luna a run for her bits if anything embarrassing happened to her tonight.

Twilight used her magic to lift the sticky tape, and carefully take off pieces of it so she could hang up the streamers and be on her way. Unfortunately, once Twilight was done with the last streamer, she had tripped over her hooves, and the sticky tape went flying ... right onto her horn. Fantastic! Twilight, tried to use her magic to get the sticky tape loose, but it wouldn't come off. Twilight carefully tried to unravel the tape, but no luck. Twilight groaned. No more miss nice mare! Twilight used her magic to desperately get the sticky tape off, thrashing the tape in all directions ... and failed miserably. This was not what she had planned. She then remembered the last time this happened and used her magic to teleport herself. It didn't work. Since the tape was stuck to Twilight's mane, tail, coat, and wings, it was literally attached to her. She tried to unravel herself, only to wrap more duct tape on herself, but backwards. She was literally a silver, sticky taped pony mummy from mane to tail.

"GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW!! RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" Twilight screamed, trying to free herself once again. It was a shame Spike was already at the costume party or he could have helped burn the tape. Luckily, Twilight could still see, breath and move about. If she couldn't teleport or burn the sticky tape, maybe she could zap it off!

"Alright! You asked for it tape. GAAAAAAARRRRRRRAAAAAAAAA!!!" exclaimed Twilight as she blasted a spell from her horn to a mirror. The spell bounced off and hit the tape! Perfect! Except for one problem ...

"Hehehehehehehe!" a weird cackling voice spoke. Twilight's eyes widened as she realized what just happened. Looking down, the silver tape now had a mouth and eyes glaring up at her, laughing.

"Oh this is fantastic! I trapped you once, and how I got you in my clutches again! Face it Twilight Sparkle! We're meant to be together! You will never escape my stickiness, and we will be together forever!" the tape said as it laughed like crazy. Twilight glared at it hatefully.

"Stop talking! I wanted to blast you to pieces! Not bring you to life!" Twilight replied trying to get the tape off. The sticky tape just laughed in return, enjoying the Princess's struggle.

"Stop laughing! This isn't funny! I WILL defeat you!" Twilight exclaimed now more determined then ever.

"Good luck!" the duct tape responded before laughing again. Twilight was now furious, it was bad enough that she had gotten stuck to the duct tape, but now it was alive and laughing at her?! Laughing at Twilight as she continued to get free from it's grasp?! Ohhhhhh no! No! Enough was enough! Twilight then used the same spell as before, and blasted the mirtor before the spell hit the duct tape again, silencing it's stupid, creepy, annoying laughter.

"Haha! How's that for - WAHOOOOO!" Twilight said until she almost tripped, still trying to get the tape off of her. As she struggled, she had wondered upstairs and was now starting to wobble towards her bed. No! This was not going to be good! Suddenly, Twilight tripped again, and flew right onto her bed. As she flailed around, her blue bed sheets got stuck to the sticky tape, making Twilight get tangled up. Once Twilight got her footing, she realized that was now completely covered by her bed sheet, unable to see anything.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! H-Help! Who turned out the lights?!" Twilight screamed as she flailed around, stuck under her bed sheet, the sticky tape taping the sheet to her body. As she did this, Twilight fell from her bedroom, down the stairs to the first floor. Ow! She blindingly wondered until she managed to get outside.

"Gaaaaawwwww! Grrrrrrr! HELP! Somepony help me!" Twilight shouted, continuing to flail about in the entanglement of sticky tape,and bed sheets. While Twilight struggled however, the CMC saw her and screamed. Applejack had just told them the story of "The Blue Ghost of Nightmare Night", and it looks like her story was true.

"Run for your lives!" Apple Bloom exclaimed as she and her friends ran to go find their older sisters. Twilight followed behind, having no idea where she was going.

"Grrrrrr! Get me outta here!" Twilight cried out, as she proceeded to thrash about, looking like a blue ghost pony. Oooooh, that evil, double sided, sticky tape would regret putting her in this predicament! Surprisingly, she was actually headed for the costume contest.

"And now it is time to give you the costume awards- Oh! It looks like we have a last minute addition!" Mayor Mare said now noticing the blue sheet covered Twilight making her way through the crowd, mumbling as the alicorn struggled to get free!

"It's 'The Blue Ghost of Nightmare Night'!" Apple Bloom exclaimed, hugging her sister out of fear.

"Relax sugarcube. That's just an old filly story. I'm sure that's just a pony dressing up as the ghost," Applejack reassured her sister. Twilight gave a deadpanned look while struggling under her bed sheet. Twilight did not want to be a ghost pony on Nightmare Night. Then again, she had tried it once before, but changed her mind. Right now, she was just trying to get free from her blue bed sheet. She blindingly wondered onto the stage with the other ponies in costumes.

"Amazing. Dressed as The Blue Ghost of Nightmare Night. Well, let's see what our judges say. ... And it looks like The Blue Ghost of Nightmare Night wins. Congratulations!" Mare Mare said giving the ribbon to the 'ghost', and pinning it to the pony. Twilight turned red. She did not want to win the costume contest. Not like this. So, she decided to get some help.

"No! Stop! Somepony get me outta here! I'm stuck!" Twilight shouted as she flailed frantically under the bed sheet. Her friends recognized the voice under the sheet.

"Twilight!" Everyone exclaimed with shock. Applejack and Rarity ran up to help free the alicorn from her entanglement. After several tugs, the bed sheet came off.

"Thank you Applejack. Thank you Rarity," Twilight thanked her friends with a smile.

"Twilight, what were you doin under that bed sheet? Why were you trying to get out?" Applejack asked curiously.

"And what's with the silver stuff," Rarity asked, pointing to the sticky tape.

"Let me explain everypony. I tried to put up some streamers with the sticky tape, but as I did, I got the tape on my horn, then I tried to get it off as best I could ... yes even teleporting ... and I ended up like this. I then tried to get it off by hoof, only to get tangled up under my bed sheet. And then while I tried to get untangled, I ended up here. I'm sorry everypony. I'm sorry CMC. I didn't mean to scare you all. And this ribbon should go to somepony else, not me. I originally dressed up as a female Starswirl the Bearded, not a blue pony ghost, " Twilight explained.

"Twilight, we all realize this whole thing was an accident, but you deserve the reward. And we all understand," Applejack replied.

"But the costume contest-" Twilight started, but was interrupted by Rarity.

"Was about who had the best costume. And even though you came to the contest dressed as a ghost, it's not like you cheated. Like you and Applejack said, it was an accident. The contest isn't about winning with the best costume you make yourself, it's about the best costume that everypony likes. Accident or on purpose, everypony liked your ghost costume Twilight. And if there's one thing that's important, it's that sometimes surprises can be rewards themselves even when they seem unfortunate," Rarity finished explaining. Twilight thought about Rarity's words. She and Applejack were right.

"When something bad happens, sometimes it can be a blessing ... when something bad happens, you can only make the most of it ... when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. You can only turn a bad moment positive, when the opportunity opens," Twilight said, realizing the true of what her friends said.

"Thank you everypony. I accept the award. Thank you. But ... could somepony please help get this sticky tape off me?" Twilight replied.

"Sure Twilight! Say, how did you get caught up in this here sticky tape?" Applejack asked curiously.

"Oh! Oh! Oh! I gave it to her!" Pinkie Pie answered, waving her hooves, jumping up and down happily for some reason. Rarity groaned uncontrollably, and Applejack face-hoofed herself. Twilight of course was anything but amused by Pinkie's answer.

"PIIIIIIIIINKIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE!!! GET THIS TAPE OFF OF ME!" Twilight yelled out of annoyance and anger with what her friend had just put her through.

"You sure about that? I mean come on?! That costume of yours is awesome!" Pinkie Pie replied with a smile on her face

"PINKIE! THIS ISN'T FUNNY!" Twilight shouted, flailing about trying to get unraveled from the sticky tape.

"Yes Twilight!" Pinkie Pie answered rushing over to help.

*Back at the Library*

The letter to Celestia whooshed into flames as it was sent to the Princess. Spike smiled as he walked over to Twilighf who was lying on the bed.

"So Twilight, what are you doing now?" Spike asked curiously.

"I'm reading that old story "The Blue Ghost of Nightmare Night". I haven't read this filly classic in years. So, I figured tonight was the best time. Besides, even though I technically was an old wizard, a sticky tape mummy, and a blue bed sheet ghost, I'm still happy I got to participate in the costume contest. Even if it was accidental that I won. But it's like my friends said, sometimes something bad can turn into a positive if you let it. I'm just glad Pinkie Pie took the tape with her. It was horrible being twisted in that stuff!" Twilight responded.

"So, what now?" Spike asked, getting into bed. Twilight put the book on her dresser next to her bed with her magic.

"Now, we sleep. I just hope my bed sheets don't decide to tangle me up again and turn me into a ghost," Twilight said making both her and Spike laugh.

"Happy Nightmare Night Twilight," Spike said happily.

"Happy Nightmare Night Spike," Twilight replied calmly.

The two friends gave each other a hug, and then fell asleep.

... Later that night ...

A skinny, big lump, rose under Twilight's bed sheets and blanket, causing the Princess of Friendship to notice the sudden movement in her bedding. She slowly opened her eyes, the room still dark.

"Are you sure you don't want the duct tape Twilight? You were quite the convincing tape mummy!" a cheerful voice cried out from Twilight's bed. Twilight's horn glowed, now noticing the purple ghostly figure.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Twilight screamed before flinging the covers off with her hooves.

"Pinkie!" Twilight exclaimed with both annoyance and embarrassment.

"Hi Twilight. Your Nightmare Night costume was so cool, you inspired me to give your costume a try!" Pinkie Pie said, the pink earth pony covered from head and mane to hoof and tail in the duct tape. Her eyes, mouth and nostrils the only visible thing not covered. Twilight face-hoofed.

"Pinkie Pie, I told you the costume was a mistake! And why are you in my bed? It's - Two in the morning?! Pinkie! Go to bed!" exclaimed Twilight in shock and frustration.

"Are you sure you don't want a cuddle buddy?" Pinkie Pie asked kindly, hoping the alicorn would change her mind.

"No thank you. Pinkie Pie, seriously! Please, go to bed!" Twilight responded.

"Okay!" Pinkie Pie replied, going to get out of her friend's bed. That is until she tripped, grabbing Twilight to break her fall! As they fell, Twilight's bed sheets and blanket fell on top of them.

"Pinkie! Great! Now I'm stuck in the tape too!" Twilight exclaimed, feeling the sticky tape come off of the earth pony and stick to her too as she tried to free Pinkie from herself.

"I'm so sorry Twilight! Oh, can you cast a spell to get the tape off?" Pinkie suggested. Twilight groaned, then casted the spell, hoping to get the tape off of both of them. Instead, ...

"Hehehehe! I'm baaaaackkk!" the duct tape said in it's creepy voice.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" Twilight and Pinkie Pie both screamed, freaking out as they tried to get out of the bed sheet and blanket, and away from the talking tape.

"AHHHHHHH! THE TAPE IS ALIVE!!! Blast it Twilight! Blast it!" Pinkie shouted as she frantically tried her best to get out of the covers. Twilight quickly blasted the tape and it was silent.

"Thank you, but how in Celestia do we get outta here?!" Pinkie Pie said as she kept struggling under the sheets.

"I don't know! Spike! Help! Pinkie and I are taped under my sheets we can't get out! HEEEELLLP!!!" Twilight screamed as she too flailed about, trying to get out of the bedding. After several minutes, Spike pulled the covers off, yawning.

"Could you two keep it down? I'm trying to sleep - Um, do you want me to burn the tape off of you two?" Spike offered. Pinkie and Twilight looked at each other with wide eyes.

"NO!" they both said quickly. Spike shrugged then went back to bed. Twilight and Pinkie Pie then tried to pull away but as they did, the tape snapped and they flew into each other!

"Oof!" the two ponies exclaimed, accidentally kicking their back legs, causing Twilight's bed sheets and blanket to go flying back onto them.

"Looks like we're tape sleeping buddies ..." Twilight said, feeling defeated.

"YAY!" Pinkie Pie cheered before hugging the alicorn happily. Twilight sighed, then hugged back.

Comments ( 4 )

You should link to the previous story.

8522857
Just posted a link to the original story

Happy Nightmare Night!

Hello. Did the original story get deleted?

Login or register to comment