• Published 18th Jun 2017
  • 455 Views, 4 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Dance with the Devil - count of hollow shades



Long ago the bombs rocked equestria, most died. most but not all. In vault 54 the historians and reenactors made a home for themselves trying to create an idealized version of the past. They all died but one, alden moonlight, the voice of history.

  • ...
 4
 455

Sword Sworn

Cass is doing well, all things considered. I wouldn't blame her for just blasting my brains across the room under the circumstances. We had decided to take her home, she needs to receive some closer, and i need to know more about the surface. Who is this coming, the pony is a chubby sort. He is wearing expensive clothes as the locals would consider it. They don't look good, status symbols rarely do. "This must be the honorable mayor. Owner of that...charming institution."

Cass was not amused "you mean cat house"

"I have never understood that idiom, what do cats have to do with bordellos? And be nice cass, we are guests here" I should take my own advice, I do not like how he looks at cass.

"Hello stranger, I am mayor martin, I hear that you refused my girls." well here we go.

"Sorry lord mayor, i have neither the money, means, or interest to take them up on their offer. I payed for my room and board, that should be enough" there that should satisfy the prick.

"Well sorrry my lord, you sure talk funny. Though i like what you called me 'lord mayor' ya. I should change my official title. You still insulted my girls, you have to pay. Maybe we can... Come to an agreement" the way he looked at Cass when he said that makes my skin crawl.

"How did I exactly insult them, mayor martin" if he could here the edge in my voice his ears would be bleeding. He seems oblivious.

"Well, from my own experience. If a stallion is still alive they are interested. As for the payment, how about a little time with your toy". Well I tried to be civil. Time to teach this cretin some manners.

"Lets see, no."


"Alden, was that entirely necessary?"

"Why do you care cass."

"I don't. It is just think the ruler, paint brush, and index cards were excessive. Not to mention what you shoved up his..."

"Change of subject please!" oh luna above don't mention the spatula and wicker basket.

"Well, what is your cutie mark. You are wearing armor over it." oh i forgot about that.

"My cutie mark is this, i do not understand what it means." and there plain as day is a crown, dagger, and a open tome.

Cass seemed confused, "how can you not know? Cutie marks are a reflection of who you."

"That is the problem, i do not know who i am. Ponies are to complex to sum up in a single image. I like to think that cutie marks are the cosmos attempt to give us a starting point in our journey. So what is place we are going to called again"

"The town is called Coalnant"


"Well, this is a nice place. It at looks like it got a new coat of paint in the last few decades " it really looks a lot better than shireton. It has a river connection, a cinderblock wall, and at least a few hundred homes.

Cass smiles with obvious pride, "thank you, it is one of the largest cities in vanhoover. The river gives us a open rout to several prewar cities, plenty of salvage. Come, lets get to the gate."

The gate is an impressive edifice, solid plates of iron, guardhouses, a draw bridge, everything that a defensive position needs. The guardponies leave much to be desired though, the armor and weapons lack any uniformity. Hunting rifles and shotguns next to baseball bats and other workponies tools. Cass seems to be recognized by whoever was in charge and we got in without much trouble.


cass needs distance, she will check her family offices and I hit the town. It is oddly comforting to see all this, see ponies coming together to build a new better world from the ash. There are brand new buildings, bustling commerce, and laughter in the streets. There are even newspapers. Hmmm so i have been in that accursed hole for over 200 hundred years. Well that explains the changes. It seemed longer.

"Hey fang-face," great, just what I needed, loud mouth idiots. "I am talking to you, bloodsucker" wait, what did he just call me? "You and your cult buddies have no place here."

"Hey pal, what in tartarus are you talking about?" good luna, let it not be what I think it is.

"You know what i mean, nightmare worshiper"


The banishment of luna was a testy subject among her children. The bat-ponies where luna's protectors. They idolized her, prayed to her, loved her as only they could. Their mythology revolved around her, their culture revolved around her beautiful moon. Then one day, she was gone. Her glorious orb marred by her visage. There was a period of confusion, then came the riots. cave systems across equestria devolved into civil war. As a species, they were broken. Factions within factions formed. One of which was the blood cults. They are monsters under the bed, practitioners of dark magic and rituals that turn your stomach. Official records state that they are filly tales. Stories to frighten foals into behaving. Unofficially, they caused countless deaths before they where driven underground. Decades of fighting and guarding. Then the mare of the moon returned leading to a rebirth, finally the light had returned to the caves. Then the war came, thousands of thestrals marched to war and death for her. Then the bombs dropped and their lady was gone again. cast adrift, and the buzzards circle.


"CASS. we need to talk." I have to do somthing. raiders, kings, and the nightmare church. I will eradicate them, but for that I need allies. This will take a lot of work, and thinking. First thing. I need a supply chain, and a place to stay. "hey cass, lets talk rent."

War... war never changes, that is something my father told me once. How did he die? Suppose that does not matter now. so now i go out into the wild places, to bring my law by the point of a spear. I swear by the blade on my hip that all the evil i see in the wastes shall die. A foolish quest, maybe, but it is my quest. my quest, of my own choice.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment