• Published 18th Jun 2017
  • 454 Views, 4 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Dance with the Devil - count of hollow shades



Long ago the bombs rocked equestria, most died. most but not all. In vault 54 the historians and reenactors made a home for themselves trying to create an idealized version of the past. They all died but one, alden moonlight, the voice of history.

  • ...
 4
 454

Changeling Collapse

So, I am free, first thing first. TO THE BATHROOM!!!

O... kay. Now that that is over, time to explore a little. There are bones everywhere, both the white skeletons of normal ponies, and the black carapaces of the changelings. "How did they all die?" there are two places that may have the answer, overmare yearling’s office and the infirmary. Maybe I can find a lightswitch too, this place is spooky. Wait... If everyone is dead, that means my parents are dead. Oh Luna, no. I wonder what bodies...no don't think about it. Don't think about it.

I managed to find the overmares terminal, she never gave up the password to the changelings. Let’s see I think it was "Ahuizotl", let’s see what is here...

the changeling attack, it came from nowhere. They must have been replacing my scouts for months. I do not believe that they will ever return the ponies they took, buck they probably aren't alive at this point. I will hold this stable, even if I must do it alone.

Last, I heard, Ms. Yearling died with 6 changelings dead around her and a bull whip in her teeth. Anyway, this terminal tells me nothing about why the ponies all died here. There is no bullets or blades near the bodies and no laser or plasma burns, why are they dead?

So on to the infirmary, the lights must be dying or something, this place is positively grim. I should find some new clothes, I always hated these stupid stable jumpsuits. The infirmary had the most bodies out of the rooms so far, let’s what the doctor’s notes say...

the disease seems to spread with the act of feeding and intercourse, symptoms: painful boils on genitals, and the rot of flesh. Subject zero: scarlet letter, type: earth pony, cutie mark: red letter A. Cure: unknown.

You must be kidding me; an entire hive was destroyed from contracting a STD!!!

What should I bring on my exploration of the world above, from the appearance of my *khm* visitors it is rough out there. I never like guns, energy or otherwise, I always preferred the elegance and skill of the blade, but it looks like that will not always cut in the world I am about to enter. I chose the mac 1 battle rifle. It is an 8 shot semiautomatic medium to short range weapon, it can take a bayonet but I couldn't find one in the armory. What else should I bring, a pistol I guess, didn't Mr. Fence have a revolver he liked to brag about. He was really into the frontier pony days, he said he had a Buffalo shaman bless his collection. I didn't have the heart to tell him that Buffalo do not preform blessings on firearms. There it is, the gun collection. The revolver had a longer barrel and a larger cylinder than most, must have modded it. Time to pack up my... Wait, is that... The brush gun that he referred to as his "medicine stick". The scope, lever, and stock still have that vaguely magical glow that it had when I first got into that accursed tube. I thought it was enchanted somehow when I was a foal, maybe it was. I am taking it. "Mr. Fence you do not mind me borrowing your rifle, do you? Really, take all that need. Gee thanks."

The ammunition for the guns was relatively easy to find, I managed to find a few hundred rounds for all of them. Time to pack my stuff. Ah, my own collection, swords, knifes, and axes of all descriptions. Unfortunately, I can't take them all, I took my favorite saber and hid the rest for if I come back. Now to put on my barding, the armor is reminiscent of the ceremonial garb that the lunar guard would wear in the days before the war. However, unlike the previous incarnations of the outfit, my barding is made of modern alloys and ballistic weave padding. I may love my collection, but this is my crowning jewel. it cost quite a pretty penny, it was more than worth it.

Well, if you told me before the war that I would be walking out of a bunker in to a post-doomsday waste. I would have laughed in your face, as it stands it is not so bad. plenty of food, water, and other things, enough for weeks. the radiation levels are not that bad, and I can always come back for whatever reason. well here goes. *click clack clank* and the door opens.