• Published 18th Jun 2017
  • 455 Views, 4 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Dance with the Devil - count of hollow shades



Long ago the bombs rocked equestria, most died. most but not all. In vault 54 the historians and reenactors made a home for themselves trying to create an idealized version of the past. They all died but one, alden moonlight, the voice of history.

  • ...
 4
 455

Surgery Sucks

Now where did that motherbucker say shireton is? The road splits in three directions, lets see... The cart starts to rock.


castle rose is a confused pony, all she can remember is when her father invited her on one of his caravan trips. Then she started to remember. The blood, the bodies. Her father, so strong that he seemed able to defeat death herself, cut down like a sapling to the chainsaw. Then... Then... The pain... Pain more intense than anything her has ever felt before. She knew that stallions were capable of such things, but deep in her heart and soul she did not believe it. She was defiled, soiled, raped. All she sees now is the shadow. It is not the quick deadly shadow that slew her attackers, but a slow blanketing darkness that warm her like a mothers embrace. So she slept for hours, then awoke in a cart pulled by the last thing she wanted to see. A stallion, she wanted to scream, to run, but the black took her to the realm of Luna, to dream.


i got it, it was the right. The road is marginally cleaner than the trails i have taken so far, the some cars are pushed away from the middle of the road. Some were even scrapped for useful mechanical components and metal. All signs of a marginally organized community. Now lets check our passenger shall we, she is a young thing, barely out of adolescence, quite pretty and muscled like most people who work their whole life. Reminds me of a filly from my childhood, the red haze returned to my vision, it makes me want to kick, bite, slash, and BUCKING KILL. Deep breaths alden, so that is shireton, it is smaller than even the smallest pre-war hamlet, 4 families at most. I hope they have a inn.

i wonder if this colt knows where an inn is, *Khm*i should get my pad out.

"What is it mister."

I can't talk yet, vocal cords still recovering. I write, " need to find an inn"

"Sorry, i can't read. But my grandpa can."

The his grandfather seem ancient, like he was carved out of an apple tree, his cutie mark is a scroll and quill.

"Sonny said you can't talk, why?"

My vocal cords are damaged

"It isn't permanent i hope."

This is not the first time, so do you have an inn here.

"What is an inn?"

A place to rent a bed to sleep in.

"Well... There is the mayor's place, however... Well... It is a brothel

*blush* if i could talk i would squeak "ohh"


my muzzle looks like a tomato, the mares here are really friendly. I was never very good with beautiful mares, i wouldn't be able talk to them even if my vocal cords were functional. Oh dear here comes one!

"Hello tall. Dark, and handsome. 1 hour of heaven for just 120 caps"

So that is what the caps are for, despite the roaring protest of my little brain, i do not have that kind of money to throw away, besides my sleeping charge takes priority. Now i need to find a polite way to turn her down without actually talking.


castle awakens in a room she didn't recognize, her torn clothes replaced with fresh ones. There is a moment where she thinks that her family is still alive, then reality sets in. Her dad, her older brother tower, Mrs. Laverne and Miss. Shirley, they are dead. And she was.., no, she can't think of that right now. The bed is comfortable enough, and the room, if a little rundown is clean. Nopony is around, she finds her luggage in a corner. So she starts looking for her caravan shotgun. From what little she remembers, she needs it.


the village had a doctor, more like a cunning pony really, as much folk magician as medical professional. However I really have little choice, i need my cords working now. The doctors name is doctor happy holiday, doc holiday to her friends.
The walls are covered in glyphs from at least 7 different magic systems, the air choking on incense, and the unicorn has dreadlocks for some strange reason.

"This may hurt a little, i ran out of stimpacks a week ago." she was wrong, it was excruciating.

That may have been terribly painful, but it worked. I paid my bill and returned to the "inn". The whores seemed more interested now that I can talk again, I don't get it what is so interesting about me. I never found myself very handsome, in some of my more vain days i would admit that i am very tall and am not that fat. But handsome, I just can't see it. I chose a room that was rather nondescript, some of them are just disturbing. My compatriot must have waken by now. Now to see how...

"Move and I will blow your head off."

Strong one, a little nap and she has the strength to point a gun at my head. Now what do I say to get her to put it down.


castle is getting tired of the feeling of confusion she has felt since the attack. When she initially saw his shadow, she thought it may have been tower in the doorway. Tall, strong, and quiet, even when she got a better look and saw it was not her earth pony brother and rather was a bat pony stranger, she saw things that reminded her of her fallen sibling. Similar eyes, gentle, caring, and kind. Not like the monsters that attacked her. Then she remembered the shadow. So, it was not just a dream, "i think we got off on the wrong hoof, my name is castle rose. You can call me cass."


we talked for a while, i told her that i am new to the area and saw what they were doing and killed the villainous scum in a fit of rage. Cass told me the reason she was in the story of why she was out there. her family were traders, her father finally relented to her requests to allow her to come on the trip with her older brother and the bramin. i asked if she had any family, she didn't. her mother died from an infection. what a world we have. so how do i go about fixing it.