• Published 18th Jun 2017
  • 455 Views, 4 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Dance with the Devil - count of hollow shades



Long ago the bombs rocked equestria, most died. most but not all. In vault 54 the historians and reenactors made a home for themselves trying to create an idealized version of the past. They all died but one, alden moonlight, the voice of history.

  • ...
 4
 455

Caravan Calamity

"Hey boss, you were in there fo...who by Celestia's magnificently massive flank are you?"

So my guests had friends outside, in retrospect i should have thought of that. The crossbow that he was carrying went off. It hit my helmet, deflecting with a plink, i quickly drew my saber and ran him through. I didn't even think to draw my pistol. I doubt that the bolt would have kill me even, without the helm. The crossbow was a poorly maintained pre-war hunting model, and here is the hilarious part, the bolt was a soft tipped target blunt. I considered taking it, after all i don't really like guns and bolts can be really versatile. Thing is, it is falling apart. Not worth the weight. What is with these people and bottles caps? I found them on the others too.

The forest is much wilder than I remember, more trees and animal noises. The road is almost gone under grass, weeds, and leaves. How long how long was I under? This stuff does not grow overnight. Lets see, which way am i going. Do i go left of right.


In the dark forests of vanhoover there are many tribes, many nations, and many settlements. Trade flourishes as the once desperate troubles of the past fade away and wealth grow among the ponies. The New Canterlot Republic even setup an outpost at the eastern reaches of the old province. But things are not all roses and harmony, caravans disapper, settlements go dark, tribes disappear with no trace. Rumors abound of explanations. Of shadow kings and dark churches. So as alden travels he must watch and beware. For vanhoover's savage nature is not so easily tamed.


What is that noise, thank Luna for my ears. The hoof steps are muffled, careful, and slow. The steps of a hunter, i flew up into the canopy. It is amazing how so many ponies, no matter how seasoned they are, don't look up. The earth pony has strange marking on his muzzle, tribal tattoos perhaps.

"stealth step, stop being paranoid and get back here. The caravaneers are all dead but this bitch. Now let us have the fun we deserve."

fun? What does he mean? Ohhh, THEY ARE ALL DEAD. My vision turned red, well as long as i can see through the scope it is fine. The raiding party is fairly sizable, at least 30. So where is the filly? There she is, a castle tower with rose cutie mark with a red mane and yellow coat. I can see the torn clothes and the tears. Cries for help and mercy flood my ears, no, death is too good for these beasts. One was dressed in red and black sports gear and seem to be the leader. 8 shots in the medicine sticks, 8 more in the battle rifle, 6 shots in the pistol, and they will be on me like flies on carrion from the first blast. I would kill them all if they were a hundred and i had no weapons but my fangs. If i put the rapist in my sight, he dies first.

blood and brain splattered across the ancient pavement, in the confusion seven more shots rang out. Seven ponies fell to pain or darkness, an angel of death has come for them all. The few ponies that looked up soon saw a creature in the trees before they lost their lives. Now the monster, rifles empty, flew forward blasting away. Now that he was out of the darkness they saw that their enemy was mortal, not that that diminished their fear. All that it gave them was a target. No more bullets, 8 ponies left. Time for the demon to draw his blade.

bullets fly past my head, they don't matter. All that matters is the kill, the leader last. I will make him suffer. The first one foolishly try to play at my own game, swinging a fire ax at me. It is clumsy, no artistry or skill. The shaft is moldy and weak, it is child's play to cut his stomach open. The others are more cautious, that may buy them a few seconds. Guns make poor weapons this close, the next 4 are even easier than the ax moron. The last 3 are armed like their leader, sports gear badly painted black and red. They wield what looks like a sword that was crudely fashioned out of scrap iron. They are more skilled than their former comrades, they last at least 3 more seconds. Now for the... He is out of sword range, and is holding a double barreled sawed-off.

"Hmm, your a fine fighter. You would have made a fine gladiator, unfortunately you killed all my stallions. I'm afraid you have to die." *Bam*.

The gunshot hit his leg, the mare that was so abused got the last laugh. Shock set in, she retracted into a fetal position. She now wishes that she was anywhere else.

"Who are you little colt?" i am new to this waste land, i need to know who these ponies are.

"My liege will end you, he will rip out your intestines and feed them to you. No one stands against The King."

"That didn't answer my question" i could use a blade to cause more pain, but that would be pointless. I will just use the bullet wound.

The clearing that once rang with gunfire now fill with screams, and Alden's heart darkened with rage and blood thirst.


The captain sings like a bird. He is of the realm of Andalusia, he is a captain of the Andalusian legion. His ruler is The King, no name just The King. He conquered 48 tribes and 7 towns. He will enslave all you love, yada yada, meaningless threats. Yes, he knows the closest settlement is. No, he will not tell alden where it is. Oww, yes he will. No, these are not legionaries. They are conscripts from tribute tribes. No, we are alone out here.

*slash*


I will have to learn more about the political situation later, I have to get the girl to a doctor. She can't walk like this, let see, that cart would do nicely. it is hitched to some creature with 2 heads, what is it, a cow? this is a strange world i find my sekf in.

Author's Note:

Andalusian is a spanish horse breed, i thought the name was cool for a kingdom

sorry it took so long to get this out, my computer broke and i had to get it fixed. 

feel free to leave comments, i encourage you to leave any questions, and if you have any ideas i will consider them.