• Published 19th May 2017
  • 474 Views, 2 Comments

Metasploit and Magic - Dunglord



Chance just took a $10 million contract to kill Sombra, but will he live to see the money?

  • ...
 2
 474

Switzerland

[Months later, in Switzerland]

Chance stared outside at the snow-capped mountains as the laptop in front of him scrolled ASCII art of all kinds. The ski lifts off to the side slowly brought tourists and thrillseekers to the top of the slope where Chance was located. The top of the slope had a cafe, and that was why Chance was here. He looked down at his cane, noticing a speck of dust. He wiped it off before returning his gaze to the mountains.

"Excuse me sir?" A voice next to him said. He turned and saw a waiter holding a platter. "Your coffee sir."

"Ah, thank you." Chance said. taking the cup of coffee from the waiter. As the waiter began walking away he took a sip before setting the mug down onto the table.

On top of the money that Chance Rockwell had earned during his career, the US Government also decided to give Chance some money as well. It didn't take a genius to realize that the reasoning behind that money was so that Chance would keep quite. He didn't need any incentive in order to stay quiet, but it was a nice bonus that he wasn't going to turn down.

"Excuse me, Mr. Rockwell?" A voice next to him said. He turned and saw a man wearing a thick winter coat. "May I take a seat?"

Chance lifted his mug. "I suppose if you already know who I am, I can't stop you. Go ahead, say your piece then leave." The man sat down in the free chair across from Chance. Chance took a sip of his coffee before setting the mug down onto the table. "Since you aren't here with guns, I'm going to assume that you need my help."

"Very perceptive."

"And have your superiors informed you about what my stance is."

"They sent me to persuade you."

"Good luck with that."

"Thanks, I intend to change your mind." The Agent said with a smile on his face.

"You're too fucking chipper, you know that? Anyways say your piece then get the fuck out." The Agent just smiled before leaning forwards and speaking softly.

"Thanks to your help, and the help of our friends, we were able to dismantle SLT ops around the country."

"You're welcome for that, by the way."

"Yes, yes, anyways. This leaves us with a new problem. Recently tensions between our mutual friends and us have increased. And both sides are beginning to agree that a third party might be needed in order to quell the situation before they decide to break contact with us once and for all."

"Yeah, no. Go fuck yourself." Chance took another sip of his coffee. "I believe I explicitly stated that after the Sombra situation I was done with all of that. And now you want me to go back, as an ambassador of all things. I got into my career path to get away from politics."

"And we understand that, which is why we are willing to offer you a salaried position in exchange for your help. And if you so desire, we can set up your workload in such a way that you will rarely need to leave the country." The agent pulled out a manilla folder, setting it down onto the table. "We'll give you time to think about it." The man turned to the side and stood up, walking away. Chance pulled out his phone and dialed a number, someone on the other end picked up.

"Hello?" The voice on the other side said.

"Hey."

"...Chance?" Nova asked.

"Could have given me a bit of warning that they were gonna visit."

"So they actually followed through?"

"Job offer and everything."

"You gonna take it."

"Dunno, should I?"

"Can't say."

"Would you?"

"...It's not about the money is it."

"No."

"You're bored."

"Yeah, I guess I am pretty bored here."

"You wanna live that way for the next 60 or so years?"

"No, I don't think I would like to."

"Then there's your answer."

"Thanks."

"Yeah, I look forward to working with you." Chance hung up the phone and set the Manila folder in front of him. He opened the folder and began to read through its contents before finding what he was looking for. Picking up his phone once more, he dialed the number that he saw and placed the phone up to his ear.

Author's Note:

Yeah, this is my last story on FimFiction. I'm getting really busy with IRL stuff and I don't think I will return to write for this site.

It was fun while it lasted.

I may post another chapter. I don't know if I want to leave it, here, or if I want to tie up two glaring loose ends that I just remembered.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment