• Published 5th Nov 2018
  • 3,094 Views, 156 Comments

Five Crazy Trials to Date Pinkie Pie - B_25



Spike endures five trials to understand what intimacy with a mare is really like.

  • ...
19
 156
 3,094

VIII - Intelligence and Kindness

~ VIII ~

Intellgence and Kindess

“How'd you work out... marefriend?”

“Everything worked out super!” Pinkie hopped as we walked. We'd found each other in the hall. We were wandering now. “Except for this one pony. He was sleeping at his desk. I don't think you're allowed to sleep when you're at work.”

“Maybe he was working too hard?” I offered. “Did twice the work and needed some rest?”

“Maaaaaaaybe.”

We only had two cups now, both in the tray.

“So,” Pinkie started as she looked up at me, “was this awesome or what? Did you see everything you wanted to?”

“Wasn't really expecting to see anything, but yeah, I enjoyed myself.” To be honest, despite how open and grand the building was, there wasn't much I was paying attention to. My heart still pricked whenever I was near Pinkie—she was my marefriend, something I never thought I have, and took years to get.

If marefriend was something you have, of course.

But more and more, my eyes were drawn to her body, to the pink fur covering her frame, the supple, layer of flesh that looked all so squeezable. She was like a walking toy in a way; had the same ascetic as one, anyway.

And, as a guy, her flanks always occupied a corner in my eyes.

There wasn't a sway in her stride. Pinkie never flaunted what she had, almost like she didn't know she had it. She had a strange innocence in that way. Unfortunately for her, I had no such thing, and looked and consumed and enjoyed as I pleased.

And her flanks ever very much pleasing.

They would jiggle with every step, shift, and dance. They were small but subtle, but when I caught them, it made my heart beat that much faster. Like I was the only who had seen it. Her rump had the perfect curve to it. Each cheek was pronounced but not proportionate, enough there to fill a claw, but looking firm to be more than enough.

And the way her tail brushed over flank. She was dancing in her own way, playing a game I couldn't play. I doubted I was the first to admire Pinkie for her body, for how plush and soft she looked, how I wanted to stroke her puffy mane and have a little grab at something below.

I shook my head. Stupid Spike. What were you doing? That's the kind of thing you save for a magazine underneath a pillow, not perverted thoughts to be spent on a friend... marefriend. There wasn't much of difference between the two right now. Right?

Crud. She was talking. Listen, idiot.

“Should we give the mayor her coffee?”

“Sounds good with me.” She smiled. We went on our way. “Before that, though, may I ask you a question?”

“Is it a silly question?”

“Depends on the way you look at it.” I shook my head. Now wasn't the time for shallow logic. “Look. This first trial where I can't touch you... how long is it going to last?”

“Why?” Pinkie paused as we came into the main hall. There was a staircase leading up into the mayor's office. We'd stopped at its first step. “Do you want to touch me, Spike?”

“Can I be honest?”

“You don't need my permission to be honest, Spikey.”

Pinkie could be clever in her own right. Some assumed she was a party animal and nothing more. She played herself down. She was smarter than she let on. I never knew why—I'd only learn this about her recently.

“I kinda thought the whole point about getting a marefriend was to touch her, really.” The temptation to drive a fang through my tongue was strong. Of course, I was stupid, but how could I be so stupid to let others know I was so stupid? “That's not the whole relationship! Just... a huge chunk of it, y'know?”

Pinkie did something unexpected. No frowns, no cries, no running away. No, no, no. What Pinkie did, what no other pony would have done for me, was smile. Pinkie smiled at me. She gave me a smile to was so fragile and perfect, that showed me so much in an instant that nighttime of talking couldn't hope to expose.

“Of course ponies and dragons and all kind of creatures want to touch each other, Spike.” Pinkie's smile started to wane as her speech went on. “You don't think I want to lay my hooves on your chest? Give your belly a little rub?”

I blinked. “You do?”

“Of course I do.” Pinkie rolled her eyes. “There's a whole lot of bad that I like to do to you, at you, with you. And I'm probably sure there's a whole punch if icky things you'd like to do to me too.” She tilted her head. “Right?”

“...I'm not sure if icky is the right word to use.”

“You know what I mean, silly.” Pinkie exhaled heavily. “Listen, Spike. I'm thrilled you took this challenge—hanging out with you has been a whole lot of fun! But I also hope you've been having a whole lot of fun too, and not feeling chum.”

“Never in your presence, Pinkie.”

That was a lie. It was a lie to make her feel better and nothing more. No matter where I was or who I was with, I was always going to be... me. My thoughts and feelings would always consume me. It was just the way how things were. Times were better when Pinkie's around.

But it's hard to tell a pony they don't make you feel happy.

“But... You seem like a smart dragon, Spike.”

“Smartness? That's just the residue Twilight left on me.”

“Not that kind of smart, you silly, silly little boy.” Pinkie's eyes narrowed as she glanced between her hooves. She was looking down. Her head was down. Everything about her was down. This was something I wasn't used to. “You're smart in your own kind of way. You say things in a way that makes life make a little more... sense.”

Then Pinkie looked up at me. Her muzzle and eyes were staring up at me, eyes glinting, mouth smiling. “You can make ponies happy, but... that's not something you always do, is it?”

There's something I'll never lie about, something that doesn't need to be covered up, if only because it comes at my expense. I can always speak about how awful I am; it seems like the only thing that's real, that's genuine about me.

“Not when they don't deserve it.” My eyes narrowed on their own. “I like helping ponies. It... it makes me feel better about myself. It gives me something to do. But ponies don't listen. Ponies are stupid. But I'm stupider than the lot of them.”

“Am I stupid?”

“I don't know,” I said to her. “But I doubt it.”

We stood around in silence for the moment. The first time silence had wormed its way between us. Between her questions, my answers, and our combined ramblings, the way was always filled with something. Now though, in this moment of blunt honesty, all that was left was to think.

I glanced up the staircase. “C'mon. We should see that mayor before these drinks get cold.”

Pinkie nodded.