• Published 27th Apr 2017
  • 1,547 Views, 44 Comments

My Brave Pony Starfleet Magic: Season IV - DakariKingMykan



Starfleet faces Futuristic enemies, and a Cutie Mark Caper whilst dealing with their own problems as well

  • ...
96
 44
 1,547

Episode 1: Power Problems

EPISODE ONE

Three months had passed since the defeat of King Sombra, and the tragic death of Twilight Sparkle.

The magical, dimensional planet of United Equestria was invaded by a pack of savage beasts from other planets that had come with no less intention than to cause trouble and steal goods from the planet, and they were also looking forward to confronting Starfleet.

The wild animals consisted of, Major Claw; a huge bear, Big Bull; a Minotaur, Big Fist; a gorilla, Madame Harpie; a hawk creature, and Stomper; an elephant. All five of them had landed in the grounds of New Ponyville, frightening the civilians and smashing their way through town.

Fist and Bull smashed the stands and knocked over lampposts, Harpie and Stomper threatened all store and shop keepers to give them their money or they’d smash their homes, and any friends or family members.

Claw spent all his time terrorizing the citizens, which always gave him a kick seeing them quake and cry in fear. “Who’s next…?” he growled.

“You are!” snarled a voice. Claw turned round and saw Lightning and all his friends, including Spike. The five beasts all stood together snickering at the fighters. “Lightning Dawn…” hissed Claw “You know you and your friends don’t stand a chance against us. We’ve been receiving reports on you from our constant spying on you. We’ve been training tough and learned every single one of your moves from the day you beat Titan to the day you stopped distraught.”

The ponies and Spike all smirked cheekily. “Oh, really, and did you make sure to watch all our battles against King Sombra as well?”

“We had no need…” said Harpie “We already learned more than what we needed to know from your previous battles.”

“Oh, boy, are you guys in for a shock.” said Rainbow Dash. “You guys obviously don’t know, but our friend Lightning happens to be an Enticorn!”

The beasts looked confused and Stomper asked “D’yah… what’s an Enticorn?”

Lightning stepped forward. “I’ll show you…” he clenched his fists and concentrated hard. His golden horn glowed brightly and his entire body was bathed in a bright golden flash of light, and he transformed into his most powerful form. All the citizens nearby gazed in awe at the sight of Lightning’s new form--

a shining white and golden glowing humanoid entity. The beasts could hardly believe their eyes, and some of them were quaking nervously. “Oh yeah…!” cried Claw “Well… looks ain’t everything. Let’s get him!”

His teammates all stood together and looked ready to rumble, but Lightning stood where he was glaring and growling at them and his glowing became brighter. Fists went first and aimed a huge punch at Lightning, but had barely touched him when Lightning merely swung his arm creating shockwaves that blasted him far back.

The beasts were beginning to grow outraged as well as terrified, but Lightning’s friends thought this fight was a shoo-in, especially seeing as Lightning hardly had to put up much of a fight. The beasts all lunged at him, punching and kicking him hard, but in a big flash of light, Lightning, unharmed, trusted his arms out knocking them all away from him.

“Way to go Lightning!” Starla called out to him, but suddenly things started getting heated up, as Lightning began to seem more aggressive than ever. He marched over to Stomper, and yanked him by the trunk and threw him like a hammer-throw far, far away. Bull and Claw saw that, and dashed angrily at Lightning, only to get punched really hard.

“Lightning, what are you doing?!” Applejack called out, but Lightning acted as if he couldn’t hear her, and continued to mercilessly beat up the bad beasts, until finally his friends realized he was out of control. The beasts immediately surrendered, whimpering like babies, but still Lightning would not show mercy. “Evil must die!” he growled fiercely “EVIL MUST DIE!!” the energy emitting from him was so immense with his anger his anger that they shook the ground like a tremor, and the citizens began to panic.

Finally Lightning’s friends dashed into action realizing he needed to be stopped, but they didn’t really stand a chance against him since he was an Enticorn. “Lightning, stop this at once!” cried Rarity, Lightning turned and sent her flying back with shockwaves form swinging his arm.

Pinke Pie tried throwing rocks at him “Take that, and that, and that, and that!” but Lightning stomped his foot sending a powerful underground surge through the dirt and erupting right beneath her feet. Lightning’s friends go out their weapons and tried their best to hold him down, but Lightning actually destroyed all their weapons, and didn’t even give them any openings to transform. “It’s no use!” cried Buddy Rose “Nothing we have can stand up to him.”

“Let’s try our combined attacks together.” suggested Artie.

They all stood together and unleashed their attacks.

“PULSAR LASER”

“LEAF SWARM”

“PAINT-BOMB”

“DRILL QUILL”

“BOOM-BOOM ROCKETS”

The other five ponies stood together and charged up their powers from the Elements of Harmony within them and fired the Harmony Beam straight at Lightning, but Lightning stood where he was and counted with a blast of the uniforce. The two forces seemed equal in strength at the start, but Lightning roared angrily intensifying his power and sending the blast back.

“Oh, no
Here we go!” cried Rhymey as the blast hit them all and in a big explosion, they all went flying in different directions and crashed on the ground. “Ay’! That hurt!” cried Dyno.

“You can say that again.” groaned Myte.

Lightning began to make his way towards the fallen friends, and grabbed Starla by the arm, holding her up off the ground. “Lightning, No!” cried Starla “Don’t do it!”

Fluttershy’s eyes filled with tears of fright “Lightning, she’s your wife!” Lighting just roared at her and she hide behind Spike, of all creatures. “Starla!” cried Spike.

“Lightning, please don’t do it!” Starla squealed as Lightning poised his hand ready to blast her. He charged up, and fired… and…


“STARLA!!” he screamed as he bolted upright in bed.

His scream woke his wife of three months; Major Starla Shine. “Lightning?!” she cried as she flicked on the light. “Are you okay?”

Krysta the warping fairy, woke up too when she heard the scream, and flew out from her mouse-hole home in the wall ont he far side of the room. “What’s going on?” she asked. Lightning hardly said a thing. He was so relieved to find he was at home in bed and his wife was next to him unharmed. “Galloping Galaxies!” he cried softly and gazed down at his hands quaking with fear.

Starla and Krysta could tell he had another nightmare about the fact that he seemed to have little control over his Enticorn powers. Of course there was no battle between the beasts, and everyone found out this safely during a training test many weeks ago. They had all been training at the royal palace dojo in New Canterlot to see just how powerful Lightning really was as an Enticorn, but as it turned out unlike in the battle against Sombra, the creature’s anger was out of control. His consciousness and judgment were partially subdued as he seemed too had developed and extreme hatred for all evil, claiming it should die and anything that supported it should die.

Ever since then, Lightning had been having constant nightmares about losing control and hurting his friends and loved ones, and being more of a danger than a help to his planet. He was practically scared of his own self and what he was capable of doing.

Normally Lightning didn’t let his nightmares get to him like this, but just like everyone, he wasn’t completely devoid of getting emotional when it was really deep. Starla softly wrapped her arms around him holding him close whispering into his ears “It’s all right. It’s okay.”

Krysta fluttered towards Lightning and comforted him as well. The thing that did comfort Lightning was the fact that he could control the transformation at will, but he didn’t know what was going wrong with it now. How could control it like he did when he faced Sombra? Nobody knew the answer to this, but for now Lightning felt it best he not transform into an Enticorn. “I just hope nothing out there will make me have to become it again.” he said to the girls, and how little he realized that trouble was not very far away.



As the night continued, the dark stranger was relaxing in a tall tree after having explored more of the planet. “Humph! This planet is more pitiful than I thought.” he said to himself “Conquering this world will be like taking candy from a baby.” He reached into his belt and pulled out a single black card. On the back was a mark, the same marking on his forehead. On the front was a beautiful artwork picture of a kind of tiger-creature, with spikes on its back and fiery flame designs as stripes on its fur.

The dude glared and snickered wickedly at the card while his eyes flickered with a red glow.



The next morning, all the ponies and other creatures were out doing their daily routineness, while all the pony friends gathered outside the Cake’s safe at their usual tables for breakfast.

Lightning and Starla were the last ones to arrive, and the gang could tell they were coming by the way other ponies would stop and gaze up as Lightning came, dressed in his super new uniform.

“It’s him.”

“Oh, he is so handsome.”

Whispers were exchanged back and forth as Commander Lightning passed them. Two little colts came up to him and asked for his autograph, and Lightning was only too obliged to give it to them. The two little colts saluted to him and he saluted and smiled at them.

“Well, look who’s Mr. Popular.” Buddy Rose teased as Lightning and Starla sat down. Lightning smiled softly as he took off his cap, but he had a hard time getting comfortable in his seat with his cape being in his way. He struggled to adjust it. “How does Grand Ruler do this so easy?” he muttered.

“Couldn’t you just take it off?” asked Rainbow.

Lightning shook his head “Starfleet code: As S.A.C--Supreme Allied Commander-- I have to wear my uniform as it is. The most I can take off casually is my cap, which I deem a good thing” He scratched his itchy mane. It happened sometimes when he wore his cap while the weather was warm.

Still, the others couldn’t help notice he seemed a little edgy. “Lightning, are you okay?” Artie asked. Lightning gazed over at him “Yeah, I’m fine. I’m just a little tired, that’s all. I was up late.”

The friends knew that Lightning’s promotion to Commander gave him so many extra duties. As well as his extra-long patrols, he had tons of extra paperwork to do, forums to fill out, meetings with Starfleet officials, and even with Grand Ruler Celesto and Queen Celestia. It sure took him a while to get used to it all…

…but Starla knew she had to say it. “He had another nightmare.”

Lightning felt every single one of the others gazing at him with concern.

“Not another one.” said Spike.

“Really, Lightning.” added Rarity.

Lightning looked grimly at them “You guys say that and look at me like I can actually do something about it.”

“Well for one thing, you should take it easy.” said Dyno.

“Si, as long as you don’t transform everything will be fine.” added Myte.

“Lightning, we understand how concerned you are about this, but fretting about it isn’t doing you any good.” said Fluttershy.

Her colt-friend, Rhymey nodded and said…

“I know the road seems harsh and without much hope,
But we all know with these new powers, you’ll learn to cope.”

Lightning rolled his eyes and sighed, having heard all these concern speeches enough times already. “I appreciate everyone’s concern, but that doesn’t exactly help Me.” he said “How can I control it? It isn’t even safe to study.” He remembered again how he managed to maintain control during the final fight against Sombra, but then he thought again to back in the simulations when he totally lost it and made a big mess of things-- smashing the walls and blasting at the floors, even looking at his friends in a threatening manner, fearing he could have killed them.

To him, this new gift felt more like a curse; a demon living inside of him that wanted something, but he couldn’t figure out what. Even though his power would psychically increase after every battle, there was just too much risk involved.

He sighed heavily as his head dropped forward.

Starla lifted his head up, and gazed deeply into her husband’s eyes “…It’s okay” she said softly to him. He smiled at her.

Pinkie Pie giggled and bounced with excitement, nearly spilling everyone’s foods. “Take it easy there, Pinkie.” said Applejack.

“Sorry, I can’t help it. I just love it when someone smiles after being so down.” she practically fluttered her new pegasi wings like a hummingbird.

Pinkie, Rarity and Applejack had been training a lot and were finally getting used to having their new wings and being able to fly. It would really serve them well in future battles, but so far all had been rather calm the past three months. No serious threats or dangers had occurred, nothing more than simple petty crooks being caught and arrested, and domenstic disturbances here and there. Yet, Starfleet remained on constant and continuous alert for anything to happen at all!

Suddenly there was a loud sound heard off in the distance, followed by a flock of birds flying away in panic and a stampede of frightened ponies running from direction of the sound. The alarms went off and all the civilians began to run for shelter before the force fields were raised.

Lightning grabbed his cap he said “Let’s check it out.” And he and the others all flew off towards the area-- Rarity carried Spike in her arms.

Soon they arrived at the area, but to a terrible sight that turned their bloods cold.

“Galloping galaxies…!” Lightning exclaimed.

“What in the name of bad apples…!” peeped Applejack.

“It… can’t be!” cried Rarity.

The others were all just as shocked. The force fields were still up, but the buildings that were shielded had be completely demolished. The houses and stores looked as if they had been ripped apart and burned by fire, and these were defiantly not done domestic accidents, there was proof as there were large footprints in the ground, and soft craters made by something obviously strong.

“The force fields didn’t protect the buildings-- It’s impossible!” cried Krysta. The others all inspected the damages, and remembering the stampede, the civilians had fled the area-- the force fields only stopped things from coming in, not going out, but still it was a baffling mystery.

The footprints were also a mystery. Even Fluttershy couldn’t identify them, or the space alicorns, but it was deduced that it was something that walked on all-fours and defiantly ferocious. “Even dragons don’t make these kinds of prints.” said Spike.

Suddenly, they all heard a groaning sound, and they could see one pony under a mound of rubble outside, in a bad way. The teams cleared the wreckages away. “Are you all right?” cried Fluttershy.

“Of course he’s not all right, Fluttershy.” snapped Rainbow.

Lightning approached the hurt pony, who softly gazed up at him “Commander…Lightning. Thank the galaxy, it’s you!”

“Please, can you tell me what happened here?” asked Lightning.

The pony looked really pale, either from his injuries or from his state of shock. “I don’t know… it all happened… so… so fast. We heard the alarms, we all rush in and the shields came up. Then… all of suddenly, something hit the house, it was like a huge cannonball. The shields didn’t protect us. Everyone panicked, and we all ran out, but, there was a big explosion on this side of the house, all that rubble fell on me, and… and then… I… I saw it, at least part of it.”

“Saw what, what did you see?” asked Starla.

The pony was shaking so hard and tears of fear came to his eyes. “It was… big. It was sniffing around, growling, and I heard smash the other buildings… I Thought I was a goner!” He broke down and softly cried.

Lightning told Krysta to warp the poor pony to the hospital while they would stay behind. Krysta agreed, and warped herself and the pony away.

No sooner had they gone did the gang all hear the sound of a faint growl. “What was that?” asked Artie.

Fluttershy felt her nerves starting to go crazy, but Rhymey held her hand trying to keep her calm as the growling continued. Then it stopped, and everyone turned round hard, and saw a large tiger-creature that roared loudly at them.

Rarity screamed!!

Fluttershy could hardly bring herself to scream, and the others all winced in shock. “I think it’s time to work!” said Spike.

Lightning nodded and the two teams stood ready. First Lightning’s team transformed.

“STARFLEET MAGIC!!”

Then the girls…

“HARMONY HOUR, FRIENDSHIP POWER!!”

Then finally Spike…

“Dragon Power”

Once all transformed, they all stared the tiger down, and the tiger gazed back at them growling angrily. While that dark stranger was levitating up high in the sky where he couldn’t be seen from the ground and saw everything. “You’ll soon find this battle won’t be like any other, Starfleet.” he said softly to himself “When Flame-Stripes destroys you we’ll be one step closer to fulfilling our destiny of darkness.”

The ponies tried to scan Stripes with their visors, but the results turned out “Creature: Unknown. No Available Data.”

“What, No data?” snapped Lightning.

“Let’s try and scan for his strengths.” suggested Buddy Rose. Everyone tried just that, but for some strange reason the monster managed to actually repel the scanning so everyone only scanned each other’s strengths. “What’s going on?” asked Pinkie.

“Probably a malfunction in the visors.” said Rainbow.

“No, they’re working perfectly.” said Starla “Something’s repelling our scans.”


The dark stranger chuckled softly, “Silly ponies, not only is your society hopelessly antiquated, but your technology is just as worthless.”


Stripes roared fiercely, and the ponies decided to fight. “Let’s go!” shouted Lightning, and they all charged at Stripes, but the monster just curled up into a ball and leapt way up high, almost out of sight, much to everyone’s confusion. “He’s gone!” cried Rarity. “Where’d he go?” asked Spike.

Suddenly, Applejack looked up. “LOOK OUT!!” she screamed as Stripes slammed hard on the ground, barely missing the ponies, but then he began to roll about super-fast and crazy, hitting everyone super hard and dealing their super-suits more than fifty percent of damage.

“URGH…! Esto es una locura! What’s with this thing?” growled Dyno. His brother Myte struggled to get up “Just one hit and I feel woozy already.”

Even Lightning felt the incredible strength of the beast and kept wondering “What kind of creature is this? It’s not like anything I’ve ever seen or heard of before.”

“Let’s try and charge him all at once.” suggested Spike.

“It’s worth a shot,
Let’s give it what we’ve got.” agreed Rhymey.

Everyone charged forth, and Stripes began to bash them all away by swinging his claws, and his tail, dealing more damage to everyone’s suits. They wouldn’t last much longer. “Here I come!” shouted Rainbow as she dashed forth to smash into Stripes, but Stripes glared at her and shouted “FIRE BOUQUET” firing a stream of fire from his mouth straight at Rainbow, engulfing her in power flames. “YEOW!!” she cried as the flames surrounded her like a cage, slowly damaging her more, she managed to leapt up and out of the flames. “Sure, he just has to breathe fire too.” she groaned.

Rarity charged forth with her horn glowing brightly, and she fired a powerful magic burst, but Stripes barely got fazed, and turned and growled at her. Rarity giggled nervously and began to flying the other way with the angry tiger chasing her. “HELP!!” she screamed.

“Rarity!” cried Spike as he saw her get back up against a demolished house, and Stripe clawed and swiped to get at her.

“DRAGON KNIGHT SABER” Spike drew out his sword and dashed towards Stripes. “LEAVE HER ALONE!!” and he drove his sword right into the tiger’s backside, giving it a huge gash. The monster roared and turned swiftly to face Spike and began to chase him around.

Spike skidded to a halt and then turned with his blade at the ready and Stripes skilled to a halt. Both of them went at each other hard, but Spike got his sword knocked away. “I’m not beaten yet...

DRAGON FLARE”

Stripes eyes narrowed, “FIRE BREATH”

The two fiery forces collided. “Spike…!” Rarity cried, but she watched as Spike’s flames were forced back hard by the opposing flames, hitting him with a huge explosion hat threw him off his feet. Everyone gasped in horror, and Spike lay on the ground, in his normal forum after his power had completely drained out. He tried to move, but was really sore and exhausted.

The monsters looked ready to devour the defenseless dragon when Rarity dashed over and scooped him up in her arms. “No one hurts my Spikey-Wikey!”

Lightning’s team got out their weapons, and tried their attacks, but Stripes dodged most of the attacks, and those that actually hit him barely scratched him, but did make him angry! “I don’t believe this!” cried Lightning “We’re hitting him with everything we’ve got, but it’s not working!”

The battle continued, and more of the fighters got bashed and burned, and their suits powered down leaving them weak and sore just like Spike, while Stripes hard hardly suffered much at all. “That’s it, time to turn up the heat!” Lightning snarled, and he charged up to fire the uniforce. Despite the sickening feeling he had, he had to try it.

“UNIFORCE”

The great power struck the beast hard, consuming him in its blinding glow, and when the glow had faded, much to Lightning and everyone else’s horrors; Stripes was still standing, though covered in soot, he shook himself clean. “Even the uniforce doesn’t work?!” cried Pinkie

“That was expected…” said Dyno.

“Si, the force fields, they’re conjured up the Grand Ruler’s uniforce magic.” added Myte.

“What do we do now?” cried Fluttershy.

Strips curled up in a ball again and did his rollout attacking bashing everyone down. All their suits had powered down. Then he breathed more of his fire at them, hurting them further. While up above the dark stranger was laughing with glee. “Oh, if only this weren’t so entertaining I’d go down there and finish them all myself right now.”

Stripes kept attacking so mercilessly that Lightning couldn’t stand the sight of it all. He was beginning to feel there was only one last hope now, though he could feel every last shred of his insides warning him not to, what choice did he have?

Some of the others could see him standing tall and strong and beginning to concentrate hard.

Starla saw him “Lightning? Lightning, No...!”

“Don’t do it!” added Buddy Rose, but Lightning roared loudly as his body glowed brightly with his horn, and in a huge flash he had changed into his Enticorn form.

Stripes gazed round at Lightning, and the dark stranger gazed in shock. “What, but I thought he couldn’t control it.”

Lightning roared loudly as his glowing flared brightly.

“Lightning!” cried Starla.

“Evil must die!” growled Lightning as he charged at the monster. Stripes swerved, but Lightning sprint right back, punching the creature hard dealing it lots of damage and sent it skidding. Stripes got up and charged at Lightning breathing its flames, but Lighting stood where he was not even flinching as the blasts hit him. Then Lightning dashed forth and kicked him hard up high into the air and then he himself leapt up and bashed him hard sending him crashing down to the ground.

“Wow! Look at him go!” cried Rainbow.

“He’s going crazy!” added Artie.

Finally, Lightning began to charge up for the final blow. The very ground quaked as his power increased. “Evil must die!” he shouted “ULTRA-UNIFORCE” and fired his super force at Stripes. The tiger roared as the magic consumed him, destroying him in a big explosion.

The others watched in astonishment, and then saw something mysterious. When the smoke had cleared and the brightness faded, they could all see something small spinning in the air and then falling to the ground.

“…A card?” said Rarity.

That’s when the picture of the tiger faded away leaving the card blank. The dark stranger was baffled. “I don’t believe it. It’s not possible!” he cried. Then the mark on his head began to glow red. It was a signal telling him to return from whence he came. “Oh, no, this won’t be good.” the stranger said as he vanished and was gone.

While down below, Lightning still seemed horribly infuriated and continued to shout “EVIL MUST DIE!!” and while he shouted, the ground continued to quake, and more of his energy began to shoot outward, hitting the trees, the ground, and just missing his friends.

“Lightning!” cried Starla. Despite her injures, and the others objections, she got up and ran towards her husband “Lightning!”

He turns and saw her, growling fiercely and stood ready for a fight. “Evil… must… DIE!!”

“Lightning, don’t!” Starla shouted “It’s okay. I’m not evil, and neither are the others. Please!”

Lightning gazed deeply at his wife, right in her eyes, and she gazed right back at his. Lightning could then feel his energy going low, and he magically changed back to normal, but collapsed to his knees and fell into Starla’s arms. He felt exhausted and out of breath.

“Lightning…?”

“Starla…?” he panted, and then he realized what had happened “Not again?! I did it again, didn’t I?”

“Shh, it’s okay.” Starla said as she held him close comforting him. The others came over too, and they were very grateful that Lightning destroyed the monster, saving their lives, but they hated to see him all shaken and scared. They were also very concerned about the monster and all that had happened.

They had a feeling that this was just the first signs that once again the planet was going to plunged into war against a brand new enemy.

(Promo)

In our next episode, the team tries their best to come up with answers to their new enemy, while at the same time the enemy sends his henchman back to United Equestria to strike again.

Meanwhile, two hood strangers also appear on the planet and are snooping around spying on the friends, and Princess Cadance begins to experience a new series of traumatic nightmares.

What are the enemies’ intentions, and how can our heroes face up to them?

Don’t miss the next exciting episode of “Starfleet Magic!”

(Next episode: “Feather Blusters”)