• Published 27th Apr 2017
  • 1,547 Views, 44 Comments

My Brave Pony Starfleet Magic: Season IV - DakariKingMykan



Starfleet faces Futuristic enemies, and a Cutie Mark Caper whilst dealing with their own problems as well

  • ...
96
 44
 1,547

Episode 23: Future Sight

Author's Note:

this is what REDEMPTION can get you if you're not careful! Ha!

EPISODE TWENTY-THREE

A whole week had passed since Esroh Dab went! Spike got his commission back, and he and Rarity were already well made-up after their quarrel. However, ever since Rarity heard the song, she and Spike both felt a little too awkward to speak to each other, or even go too near one another. Too confused and feeling rather shy. They ate at different times, and when they ran across each other…

“Um… Hi…”

“Hello…”

“Um… Bye.”

“Goodbye.”

…and they would just walk away.

Rarity was thinking about this more than Spike. We’re here feelings for Spike actually starting to show and be true, or maybe deep down she always had true feelings for Spike? Again, he wasn’t all that much younger than she was, five years at the most, and was always there for her, and very helpful, and his song was deeply moving…

…but still… a pony and a dragon. She really needed to think about this good and hard, if she even could think of anything about it.

The others didn’t know what to say or do to either Spike or Rarity. This was something they had to work out for themselves. They only hoped that whatever came up would not result in more hurt feelings and mistrust. They just couldn’t handle it.

Meanwhile, it had been really quiet all week, with no further signs of the Dark King’s forces, this really worried everyone. Usually the war was at its quietest before the really big battle occurred. Also, there had still been no word from those two strangers ever since the ingredients were brought to the planet.

Then one day, while Goldwin walked out onto one of the terraces on such a lovely warm day. Soft music played out of nowhere, and he began to dance ever so gracefully along the floor. The birds who were watching him clapped their wings in applause. Goldwin bowed to his public, even if they were just birds.

Suddenly, he saw something on the railing that wasn’t there before; a letter. “Where did this come from?” he wondered. He tried to look at it more closely but shouldn’t see it too well because of his mask being in the way. He foolishly lifted it up off his face turning himself back into a statue with the letter still in his hand.

The birds saw this, and were off to find someone quickly…

Queen Celestia and Grand Ruler were rocking their little foals to help them fall asleep for their nap. The little ones were nearly off to sleep when one of the birds landed on the open window sill and tweeted loudly, disturbing them. The babies cried and fussed about. “Oh, dear…” cried Celestia. She and her husband would have been annoyed with the bird if they hadn’t realized he was trying to tell them something. “Out the window…?” said Grand Ruler, and he could see Goldwin on the terrace “Oh, my… he’s done it again.”

Celestia rolled her eyes. “I can look after the children, you go help him.”

Grand Ruler nodded, and passed her Leilani before teleporting to the terrace.

“All right now, Goldwin. Let’s put you right again.” he said as he replaced the mask on Goldwin’s face and then said the magic phrase…

“Powers of life, now begin
awaken the magic from within!”

…and Goldwin came back to life. “Grand Ruler Celesto…”

“You took your mask off again, Goldwin.”

Goldwin felt embarrassed, and then showed him the letter. Grand Ruler read it closely and his eyes widened “This is it… this is what we’ve been waiting for. I must show Celestia!”

The letter had read:

“The time has come for us to speak face-to-face. Have all the ponies, Spike, Shining Armor and Princess Cadance meet in the throne room at midnight, and ensure that the foals are present as well.”

All the friends were given their orders to meet at the palace, but they were all ever so confused. “So, they’re finally going to show themselves.” Lightning said.

“But why now, and so late at night too?” asked Starla.

“Well, one thing’s for sure, we’ll be there.” said Lightning.


That night, at around ten minutes to midnight, all the friends had gathered at Lightning and Starla’s place. A lot of them were sleepy eyed, but just as eager to attend this meeting, but Rarity and Spike were still feeling a little awkward towards one another, hardly even looking at one another.

“Ah, buck up you two…” said Applejack “This ain’t the time to be mopin’ over your own problems.”

Spike and Rarity promised to try, but it felt so hard.

“Is everyone ready?” asked Krysta. The ponies all huddled around her, and Lightning gave her the signal, and she transported everyone to New Canterlot…

…They materialized in the throne room. Their majesties were there, with their sleeping babies in their arms. Princess Luna was present, along with Shining Armor and Cadance. “Good, everyone is here.” said Grand Ruler. He spoke very softly so as not to wake the babies.

“So, when’s the show going to start already?” Rainbow asked impatiently.

“We were told to wait until midnight.” said Princess Luna. There was only a few minutes left, but everyone was so anxious it almost felt like waiting a long time.

Eventually, the clock began to chime twelve times, and at the stroke of twelve, the entire room around everyone began to glow with a mystical light. “What’s happening?” cried Spike.

“Where’s that glow coming from?” cried Buddy Rose.

The glowing lights awoke the babies, but they didn’t cry as they too seemed mesmerised by the pretty lights, and suddenly they all found themselves standing in the space void Lightning recognized all too well. “This place… I remember it. It’s where I fought Twilight in one of my nightmares.”

Celestia remembered this place as well “This was where I sang that song to Twilight, before she became princess.”

“Oh, it’s beautiful here.” said Fluttershy.

Then suddenly she could see, up ahead, two figures were walking towards everyone. Everyone looked on and saw the two figures dressed in monk’s clothing-- One male and one female.

“Welcome, everyone.” said the male.

“We are most grateful you chose to accept our invitation.”

Cadance gasped softly “Those voices…”

She began to remember every single one of those horrid nightmares she had, and those wicked voices calling out to her. The two figures confirmed it.

“You had dreams in which you caused ill fortunate to your loved ones.” said the male.

“You were sad and alone, and feared for everyone’s safety. So you ran off in attempt to spare yourself and everyone else from the chaos.” added the female.

Cadance’s anger began to show “I know you two; you’re those awful voices in my nightmares!”

“What?!” snarled Shining Armor “You’re the reason Cadance ran away?!” He dashed forth in fury!

“Shining Armor…!” shouted Grand Ruler, but his nephew-in-law continued to run up to the figures, and aimed a powerful punch to strike them both, but he was suddenly held up by magical waves, which everyone recognized…

“That is alicorn magic!” cried Luna.

“There is no need for hostility. We are not the enemy.” said the male.

“We have been the ones who have been helping you all this time.” Said the female “We’re it not for us, you would all surely have been defeated, along with everything else that would ever be.”

Shining Armor was released, but unable to believe how powerful these creatures seemed.

“Hey, I recognize your voices too.” said Lightning “You were the ones who gave us the mega mode powers.”

“You gave me the bottle of medicine to help cure my illness.” said Celestia.

“And you must’ve blocked out Zecora’s spiritual readings when we couldn’t find Cadance.” added Starla.

The figures nodded “We have done many things in this war to aid you. Some of which we were never proud of…”

“But you must believe, we did what needed to be done in order for things to turn out okay.” said the female “We apologize for hiding from you for so long, but it was necessary for us not to draw our enemy’s attention either.”

Grand Ruler gazed at the figures strongly “Who are you…?” he asked softly, and the figures softly raised their hands and pulled off their hoods, revealing they were indeed alicorns, but not just any kinds. Both of them were white in color. The male had blonde hair and brown eyes, and the female had pink hair and violet eyes.

Their majesties gazed in shock, and all the others began to make comparisons. “This can’t be…” cried Celestia. “Is it possible…?” her husband added.

The two ponies smiled and nodded. “My name is Prince Castor, and this is my twin sister, Princess Leilani.”

Leilani nodded and added “We are your children, from the future.”

Nobody was anything short but amazed and shocked by all this, but they did look exactly like the two little foals.

“We realize this must be shocking for you all to comprehend, but you must listen to what we have to tell you.” said Castor.

“What you are about to see is for you, and only you.” added Leilani. She then combined her magic with her brother’s and the images around everyone began to warp again. Pinkie felt herself turning green for all the spinning and swirling “I think I’m going to be sick!” she groaned, but her attitude changed when she saw what lay before her and the others.

Everyone was amazed by the sights of the land they were seeing, it was almost indescribable. “What you are now seeing is an illusion of what our world used to be.” said Castor “This is 31st Century United Equestria.”

Rarity’s eyes never twinkled so brightly “It’s all so… so… where do I begin?”

“It’s like, the New Crystal Empire everywhere.” said Shining Armor.

Cadance was ever so amazed, but she remembered, and turned to face her cousins. “Did you say “Used to be”?”

Leilani nodded and said “The time has come for you all to learn and understand the events that lead to all this.” Then she and Castor used their magic to show images of the basic past as it originally occurred.

The basic past included, No mega mode powers, no Valkyries of harmony, and Celestia had indeed died from her illness; an extreme tragedy from which none were exempt from, nor would ever heal over time.

Grand Ruler was ever so devastated, as was Princess Luna. Despite their aching pains and grieving, they both carried on to continue the kingdom and let Celestia’s name and will live on. All life continued normally and Starfleet continued to fight, now to avenge the fall of their beloved queen.

Fighting Lord Tirek was simply, for in the basic past, The Phantom of Magic-- Dr. Kudos—he had originally unleashed Tirek without giving him so much energy, feeling he didn’t need it. Thus Tirek was easily beaten using normal tactics and power.

…but this was nothing compared to the next images.

Several years passed since Celestia’s tragic death, and the children were forced to grow up without their mother’s love, but with their father, their aunt and cousins, it all worked out nicely, except for one thing…!

Starfleet had captured and imprisoned many evil foes throughout the centuries. Prisoners gathered from all corners of the galaxy, but of course for all that time it was always hoped that those evil creatures could be redeemed and released from prison to rejoin society, reformed from their villainy.

Finally, after so many ages, a solution was born. A magic spell was conjured that could in fact remove all the evil magic from within in the prisoners. By losing their evil energies and not being consumed by lust for power and darkness, it would be easier to redeem them all.

Of course, with a presented opportunity to get out of jail and reclaim outdoor life, it was all the easier to persuade the prisoners, though some foolishly believed they could escape and march off on their evil ways. Yet, the second their evil magic was expelled from their bodies, they felt… different… lighter… their hatred and dark plans had diminished

No, they not were brainwashed. Their minds had not been tampered with at all, but rather this was a normal reaction when all the evil energy had been removed. No need to hate, no need to feed on darkness or other bad things, and no desire to takeover. In fact, some of the creatures even took on new forms as beautiful or handsome.

Still, all the evil energy was being gathered and absorbed, as it was not yet known what to do with it, and the more prisoners were cleansed of evil, the more the dark energy grew. Thousands and thousands of prisoners meant so much energy!

Then, after a certain point, the energy began to pulsate like crazy, and formed into a raging mass of power that threatened all of United Equestria. This power was unlike anything anyone had ever seen or faced; the very combined forces of all of Starfleet’s enemies in one enormous mass.

Though many brave fighters on the force tried to contain this force, even a massive army proved to be no match for such immense power and meet with their dooms, among them were Shining Armor… Krysta… and even Lightning!

“What, Me?” cried Lightning.

Starla felt her heart skip a beat.

“It is true…” said Castor “It was believed that your Enticorn powers could had saved us all, but after all that time you were still feared of its unstableness.”

“As a result…” Leilani cut in as the images showed everything “You were not able to use the power, and without it… you never had a chance.”

The images showed Lightning facing the evil power, only be engulfed by its extreme powers, and he was destroyed in a massive explosion.

Starla gasped! It seemed so real, and she felt like bursting into tears.

Grand Ruler was easily as devastated by the images he saw. “No, it’s not true. Tell me this doesn’t happen!”

“At the moment it has not yet…” said Castor. “But believe us; this is true from our basic history, and would have happened for sure.” added Leilani.

“Galloping Galaxies…!” Lightning muttered. He had almost forgotten how to breathe. He had never seen anything so scary in his life.

The others all felt the same way, especially those who had seen themselves die. Cadance felt especially cold in the pit of her stomach that spread all through her body. “Shining Armor… would die?!” she squeaked. She had almost completely forgotten that her husband was standing right beside her, alive and well. “Easy, honey. I’m scared too.” he whispered to her, and they held hands tightly.

“There is more.” said Castor.

His father, Grand Ruler Celesto was nearly completely out options. This dark force was much too powerful for any of the current resources and magic to do about. They could not dispel it, and they could not contain it by ordinary means, and the more the energy continued to roam free it would continue to destroy more and more.

In desperation to seal the darkness, and stop it from destroying anymore of his subjects, his friends, and even his family… he had no choice. It grieved him to do this, but it had to be done.

He appealed to the gods to lend him their power, and in an immense torrential wave of extreme magic, Untied Equestria was frozen into a state of complete and total dormancy, and the energy was sealed away with it, unable to move or continue its onslaught.

Prior to these events, the Grand Ruler sent messages to all Starfleet forces on the many other planets, informing them of the situation; and that United Equestria was to remain as it was until such a day would come that a magic or power would be found and could help to stop the dark force sealed within the planet.

Hundreds of years passed, and the planet remained in dormancy, until finally, about a-thousand years since the planet was first frozen. The other Starfleet forces had developed technologies, weapons, and conjured super special magic over the generations, enough to weaken the dark force from within, and split it into fragments.

These fragments were contained and shipped to Starfleet labs all around the galaxy, to be broken down and hopefully dispelled. This project would take time, but with the dark force well under control, Untied Equestria was reawakened, and after becoming accustomed to the new age, the planet as soon reconstructed and was once again the great metropolis of business and defense, armed with new weapons and technologies, and learning new magic, ruled by Grand Ruler Celesto and his sister-in-law, Princess Luna.

For several years, everyone lived their lives in bliss and comfort, and Starfleet, now stronger than ever continued their job to maintain peace and order. Still, some of the friends had lingering grieves for the loss of their loved ones… Lightning, Shining Armor, Krysta, Celestia…! They would never be forgotten.

However, dark times were bound to return to the planet. Over the years, even with newer technologies and magic, the great pony scientists had been struggling hard to neutralize the darkness they had captured, little by little. The fragments were weakened, but suddenly they all began to resonate, and began to go crazy again.

Escape from their holds in the labs, all the many fragments headed out into space and began to reform into one great mass. This time, combining with the cosmic forces of the universe, the darkness began to take shape, life… and he was born… the Dark King!

The very incarnation of all the evil that Starfleet had ever faced before in one ultimate demonic creature.

He immediately began to conjure followers out of the very darkness around him and even from his own essence-- monstrous creatures aided with such evil powers, it was beyond all imagination, and he cast them out into the universe spreading darkness and chaos everywhere. Nobody was prepared for such an onslaught. As a result, the universe as they knew it; all worlds, all planets were now shrouded in the darkness.

Rarity gulped hard “I think now I can properly say… this is THE… WORST… POSSIBLE THING TO EVER HAPPEN!”

Everyone was inclined to agree with her, even Castor and Leilani “You are quite right in saying so Rarity.” said Castor “Our wholesome planet of United Equestria now remained as the only world left.”

Leilani nodded and added “If Dark King succeeds in conquering us, he will have it all! There will be not a single soul in the entire dimensional universe with the power to stand up to him and his evil forces.”


The ponies didn’t know how much more of this horridness they could bear to see. “Didn’t you try to fight back?” asked Dyno. “Si… all the new powers and technologies.” added Myte, but the other twins shook their heads “The Dark King and his forces are unlike anything we have ever faced, and we could not seal them away with the planet this time.” said Castor.

“Our forces fought valiantly…” said Leilani “But even our best efforts were hardly enough to diminish their forces. Many were lost, others were injured. Our rebellion would not last much longer.”

It was then that Grand Ruler, Princess Luna and Cadance decided to combine their alicorn powers together to conceal a large area in the biggest barrier they could ever construct to protect all who were left and deter the Dark King’s forces outside.

Unfortunately, not everyone managed to get within the boundaries in time. Several ponies and other creatures got trapped outside and were destroyed, and Spike was among them…

“Me?!” cried Spike.

Rarity gazed down at him with shock “Spike… not you!”

The images showed what happened…

Rarity and Spike were ushering survivors into the boundaries before the barrier could be conjured, and at the last second Rarity got ensnared by evil monsters, and she couldn’t break free. Spike, out of love for Rarity, lunged at the monsters and managed to stave them off to release Rarity, but he was unable to free himself.

“No!” Future Rarity cried as she watched the monsters leapt all over Spike, and blowing him up along with their own selves “DON’T WORRY ABOUT ME!!” Future Spike called out before he went!

Future Rarity was devastated. She fell to her knees, and screamed way out loud “SPIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE!!!”

The real Spike fell to his knees in shock “I… did that?”

Rarity nodded and peeped softly. “You did… for me, out of love.”

They gazed at each other deeply… very deeply!

Castor and Leilani continued with their story…

The barrier was up, and the Dark King and his forces were unable to breakthrough, thanks to the three royal alicorn. Each of them taking turns at maintaining the barrier’s great power to keep it steady, night and day. This also gave Starfleet an excellent chance to conjure up even newer strategies and battle techniques, including the mega mode powers.

With the new mega modes they had managed to gain a slight advantage, and were finally able to stave off the evil forces outside. Even the Dark King himself could not enter their domain, but just as Starfleet grew more powerful, so did the Dark King. His forces increased immensely forcing Starfleet into retreat, but the rebellion still continued. With the barrier still up and the power of the new mega modes, it was a complete and total stalemate on both sides.

“For months we struggled, and we continued to fight bravely on.” said Castor “And eventually, the Dark King began to lose patience. Since he has found our forces to be totally invincible, he is now trying to destroy the world in your time.”


The others all sighed in awe…

“If our world in the past gets defeat,
Then your world of your time will be beat.” said Rhymey

“That is correct, Rhymey.” said Leilani “The Dark King himself cannot travel through time, as he is much too big and powerful. If he even tried to, his incredibly powerful energy he would end up disrupting the space-time-continuum, and maybe even cause it to collapse. This is turn would obliterate all existence as we know it."

Everyone shuddered at such a very thought.

"Even still." said Castor "As he is the very source of all the darkness that now shrouds our world, he is bound to his own time in the future. There is no possible way for him to come to your time.

So he sent his minions and their most powerful creatures, the twelve cardinals to attack the past. They’re objective was to alter the past at key points, enough to change the future so that Starfleet would fall, but not so much that they would destroy themselves as well.”

Castor and Leilani both knew that the Starfleet of the past would have no chance at all against such powerful emissaries, and realized they would have to travel back in time to aid the future against the evil onslaught.

“And that’s why you gave us the mega mode powers…” said Artie.

The twins nodded. “It was the least we could do.” said Castor “We did not show ourselves, as we had mentioned, to hide from our enemies, and while in hiding, we decided to alter the past to change the future for the better.”

Leilani then turned to Cadance “Princess Cadance… cousin… you are right. It was we who gave you those recurring nightmares, and it was we who caused all those mishaps. Please forgive us. We know it was a rotten thing, but it really was for your own good and to properly help us succeed in our mission. It was our best and only chance for you to not only gain your ninja powers, but to unlock the Valkyrie magic as well, as well as overcome your distraught emotions of the loss of your loved ones. Simply telling you all this and asking you to find the power would not have been enough.”

Cadance realized how important it is, and she could tell without even asking that they gave her the nightmares as a chance to motivate her, give her reason to peruse the power. All she could do now was smile and nod at her cousins… meaning she forgave them.

Shining Armor wasn’t so sure he could, but he promised to try.

“I don’t get it though…” said Rainbow “If all this happens in the future, can’t we just prevent it all from happening to begin with?”

“You already have…” said Castor, and he and his sister showed everyone images of the reconstituted past. Thanks to the twins’ resources, and everyone’s actions and efforts, the past had already been changed dramatically. “Because of all this, the Dark King has grown weaker, but unfortunately the past cannot be altered enough to ultimately stop him.” said Leilani

“I get it…” said Krysta “Because that dark energy that made him hasn’t been unleashed yet, and won’t be for several years from here and now.”

“You are correct.” said Castor “Even if we were to travel to the year the Dark Energy first appeared, it would still do no good. Until that time is so reached and altered from here, the Dark King will continue to exist and continue with his onslaught. He must be stopped at all costs, and that time is near.”

Leilani nodded “Now that you all have mastered many of your new powers, defeated many enemies, and obtained the ingredients we require. The time has come for you all to take this battle straight to the very source itself.”

“Cool…” Spike said “We’re actually going to go to the future?”

“What choice do we have?” said Grand Ruler “It sounds as if our future selves need all the help they can get.”

The twins nodded and explained that the ingredients were necessary to conjure a potion that wouldn’t actually open a portal through time, but to in fact protect everyone. Traveling forward in time in such a premature way would have serious impacts on their molecular structures, for they would be misplaced in time and they would slowly begin to weaken, which would also put a damper on their future selves as well.

“Prepare yourselves well…” said Castor “This battle with the Dark King will be the most difficult thing you have ever done in your lives, but the very safety of all that is and ever will be hangs in the balance.”

“Your future selves as well as our other forces have grown exhausted. We cannot hold out against the battles for much longer.” said Leilani “It will be up to you to aid them to the victory.”

Everyone gave their word they would give it all they had and more.

The twins then walked over to their parents, and their eyes fell down at the little babies. “It feels rather strange to be gazing at our former selves.” said Castor. Then he and his sister gazed up at Celestia, and Leilani said “It is also strange, yet comforting seeing our mother alive and well, and knowing you will live.”

Celestia gazed happily at her grown children “Only thanks to the two of you. You saved my life.”

The future kids smiled lovingly, and the father approached the group, and they all just had to share a family group hug.

Applejack wiped a tear from her eye “Now ain’t that just sweet.” she cried.



The next day, the twins worked hard with Professor Brain to mix the ingredients together to make the potion. Brain never thought he could be so fascinated by sciences he had never seen before. “Incredible… simply incredible.” he would keep saying.

While they worked, the others spend every last ounce of their free time training and preparing for what would have to be their most exciting, and dangerous adventure.

Their majesties, Princess Luna, Shining Armor and Cadance trained well too, and after having seen the images of what would have been; they were more determined than ever not to let that happen.

Cadance especially didn’t want to lose her husband, not after what she saw. She was practically encouraging him to beef up his own training, and he was starting to feel the toll of it getting to him. “Easy, honey! Slowdown…!”

Cadance couldn’t speak while in her ninja suit, but she clenched her fists and seemed pretty mad and determined, and her husband had no right to argue.

Spike trained equally as hard, now that his powers were working properly again, and he saw what he had done in those images, particularly protecting Rarity like he already had many times before. He pushed himself to keep training “Gotta keep training… gotta save the others… gotta save the world… gotta save the future… gotta save Rarity!”

The others thought tried numerous times to tell him to take it easy, even Rarity tried, but Spike just kept right on training. “I died on you once before… or at least I did, and I’m not going to let it happen again, or rather for the first time…whatever!” and he just kept right on training, until their majesties held him up with their magic. “Now that will do, Spike.” Grand Ruler said “You don’t want to overexert yourself.”

“He’s right…” said Celestia “We have a long and hard fight ahead of us, and we don’t want to be exhausted.”

Everyone was inclined to agree, but of course they didn’t know when they would actually be going. The twins did say it was take at least a day or two to get the potion just right, and they had to make lots of it for everyone.

In the meantime, training would continue and so would their work. The final battle was very near!

(Promo)


In our next episode, the potion is nearly ready and all preparations are made. Spike even receives a small message from the spirit of the original Dragon Knight who tells him a most desperate secret about his powers.

But then Tnaig appears and challenges many of the ponies to battle, by merging with his final cardinal.

In the midst of the battle, they are suddenly transported into the future before having a chance to be given the potion, and they end up face-to-face with the Dark King himself.

What is Spike’s big discovery, and what sort of dangers awaits our heroes in the future?

Don’t miss the next exciting episode of “Starfleet Magic!”

(Next Episode: “Part 1: The World of a Dark Tomorrow”)