• Published 27th Apr 2017
  • 1,547 Views, 44 Comments

My Brave Pony Starfleet Magic: Season IV - DakariKingMykan



Starfleet faces Futuristic enemies, and a Cutie Mark Caper whilst dealing with their own problems as well

  • ...
96
 44
 1,547

Episode 15: Part 1: Phantom Unmasked

EPISODE FIFTEEN

The phantom sat in his lair. He had spent a long time trying to think of a way to unleash Lord Tirek. He couldn’t absorb anymore cutie marks, as they didn’t help, and Fluttershy and Pinkie’s powers were bestowed on the Grand Ruler, and he couldn’t absorb from him.

He needed to give Tirek a big boost of extreme magic, from a very powerful pony, but it had to be an original Equestrian, not a space alicorn.

Suddenly, he finally had the answer “Why didn’t I think of this before?” he hissed softly, but his lips curled into a sneer as he thought about Starfleet. “I’ve got to get those pests out of the way first. I won’t have them getting in my way this time.” he paused “And I think I know just how to do it. This time they’ll meet their doom!”




It had been two weeks since Cadance ran off and Celestia had her operation.

Shining Armor had been working himself really hard to manage the New Crystal Empire. Lightning and the gang often came round to see how he was doing and if they could help. Today was also another sad day for him. Not just because he still missed Cadance and wished she were home, but this was the day his old friend Dr. Kudos was killed in that fire.

“I’ll never forget him.” said Shining Armor “I remember all the times I went to him for help when I wanted to propose to Cadance. I felt she wouldn’t want that. She was royalty and I was just a royal guard.”

“What did he say to you?” Lightning asked.

Shining Armor looked up at the clouds, feeling Dr. Kudos was looking down upon him “He told me… “Just be yourself. If Cadance truly loves you for who you are, and you feel the same, then there is nothing that should stop you from being happy.”

Shining Armor really felt those words deeply. “They worked, plus the fact I told Cadance she’d gain Twilight as a sister-in-law.” He felt a little down again remembering Twilight and Kudos were gone.

“Are you okay?” Krysta asked.

“I… I’m alright. I just wish I knew what happened.” He was referring to how shortly after Kudos saw him about Cadance, that’s when he changed; he became bitter and resentful, and then the lightning struck his house by mistake. “I never got a chance to talk to him again, and find out what was bothering him.”

Lightning and Krysta knew there wasn’t much they could say or do to make things better, especially with Cadance still gone, the phantom and the Dark King still out there. All they and the others wanted to do right now was hope and believe things would get better soon.




Sometime later in New Canterlot, Peach Berry was in her flower garden near the side of her house. She smelled the sweet air and complimented her own work. Yet, she seemed a little sad, about something dreadful that she didn’t like to talk about with many, not even her husband, Fire Ball. So they both kept quiet about it.

As Peach turned to walk back into the house through the side door, the phantom leapt out from behind the corner and caught her, and knocked her out cold so she couldn’t scream.

Fire Ball came outside with some lemonade, thinking his wife would love some after working so hard. “Peach?” he called “Where are you…?” He looked all around, but he couldn’t find her anywhere. Suddenly, the phantom dropped down and punched him out cold and dragged him off too.





Meanwhile, in the royal palace it was still very quiet in the royal master bedroom. Grand Ruler had been training very hard to stabilize his powers. At the end of every day he would return to what seemed to be his usual place; by Celestia's bed, being close to his wife like a good husband would, praying she would awaken!


One morning, he lay with half his body on the bed. Suddenly, he felt someone gently stroking the top of his head. He softly awakened, and he eyes widened in surprise. He turned round to look at the head of the bead, and saw Celestia lying upright. Her eyes were half open and she was smiling weakly at him. “Celestia!” he cried softly “Darling! You’re awake! You’re finally awake!”

She nodded very slowly and spoke in a dry voice, “I still feel very weak, but I’ll be fine. I can feel it.” her throat was very dry and hoarse due to lack of use and hydration. Her husband poured her a small cup of water and then went off to inform the court physician.

Grand Ruler just had to inform everyone of the glorious news, and before long, everyone was gathered in the bedroom giving their blessings that the queen was finally awake.

“How do you feel, your majesty?” asked Lightning.

“Not too bad, Lightning. I just still find it hard to believe I was asleep for nearly two whole weeks.”

The doctor said she still couldn’t receive her divine alicorn magic back yet, or even get out of bed. She was still very weak and needed a little more time to recover her full strength, "You should make full recovery in a day or so, your majesty."

“We’re so glad you’re alright.” said Krysta.

“And to think we almost lost you.” added Shining Armor “Looks like things are finally turning up a bit.”

Everyone agreed, and Pinkie Pie felt she had to arrange a party to celebrate, but Applejack motioned for her to keep calm, and soon they were all ushered out to give the queen some more quiet time to rest a little longer.

Grand Ruler stayed behind a little longer and gazed deeply into his wife’s eyes, and she gazed back at him. “You have no idea how deeply my heart is filled, now that you will be alright.” Grand Ruler said.

“I do, actually.” Celestia said “I feel the same way.”

Her husband leaned softly, and kissed her ever so gently yet deeply.




“It’s so nice that the queen is finally awake.” said Spike. “Oh, Spike…” cried Rarity “Of all the good things to happen, this is THE… BEST… POSSIBLE THING…!”

“Sh-shh…Rarity, not so loud!” snapped Lightning.

Rarity blushed in embarrassment.

“I hate to break up the joyful mood, but it doesn’t really change things that much.” said Starla. The others knew she was right. They still had so much to worry about; the Dark King and his minions, The Phantom of Magic, and even finding Cadance.

“Hey, you guys…” Goldwin called “I think I see something down below.”

He let Lightning peek through his telescope “Hey, it’s the ninja!”

“The ninja?!” everyone gasped. Lightning followed her, and saw her dashing across the field, out of New Canterlot. Lightning had to adjust the mega-zoom on the telescope to keep up with her. “She’s headed for New Everfree Forest. A'rgh! I’ve lost sight of her.”

“Let me see…” said Shining Armor, and Lightning let him look. He couldn’t find the ninja anywhere, but suddenly he spotted something else… or rather someone else. There at the entrance of the forest, he swore he could see an orange coated, blonde-haired pony he’d recognize anywhere. “No, it can’t be.”

“What, what’s wrong?” asked Starla. She peeked through the telescope “I don’t see anybody.”

Shining Armor rubbed his eyes “I could’ve sworn I just saw Dr. Kudos.”

“Que..? How can that be?” asked Dyno “Si, I thought he was dead.” added Myte.

“You miss your friend quite a lot,
You must’ve only seen him in a thought.” said Rhymey.

“Maybe…” Shining Armor said.

“Still, if the ninja’s out there, maybe we should go investigate.” said Fluttershy “Oh, unless that’s a bad idea…?”

“Oh, no, Fluttershy, it’s a good idea.” said Lightning “It may be our chance to finally catch her.”

“Well, what are we waiting for? Let’s go!” cried Rainbow.

Before they could all head off, the big doors burst open and in walked Captain Shaina. “Commander Lightning.”

“Captain, what’s wrong?”

“Sir and urgent report just came in.” She handed him the paper which read that two ponies were reported missing from the village below; Peach Berry and Fire Ball. “When did this happen?” asked Lightning. “We are uncertain, but we have investigated their home, they have definitely been kidnapped.”

"Kidnapped" was all the friends needed to hear “I bet anythin’ that top-hatted hoodlum’s back of all this.” sneered Applejack. “Ooh, and I bet the ninja found where he was headed; New Everfree Forest.” added Pinkie.

Lightning nodded and said, “All right, we’re moving out. Inform his majesty at once, Shaina.”

“Yes sir.”

Shining Armor stayed behind as Krysta teleported everyone else away, and then she zipped through the portal herself. “There they go.” said Goldwin. Shaina nodded and went off to inform the Grand Ruler, but Shining Armor still couldn’t ignore what he thought he saw. “Oh, no… I’m getting that edgy feeling again.” he said to himself.

“What’s wrong, Shining Armor?” asked Goldwin

“Huh? Oh, um… nothing… nothing at all. I, uh-- I have work to do.” He walked off in a hurry, but that same feeling was getting to him. He knew he couldn’t just run off and should have gone back to the New Crystal Empire as dereliction of duty was a serious offense in the Starfleet Code, but ultimately his nerves got to him. “I’ve just got to get proof!”

However, as he still didn’t possess his unicorn magic, he knew of a special spell that Twilight once taught him to mix. So he went to the storeroom. He mixed up some powders and bits of ivory form the forest, after mixing it all up and igniting it, the powder was ready. “Now, better mix up a second batch so if I need to get back.”





The others had already emerged and were trekking deep into the forest. Lightning had his cape wrapped around him like a scarf to avoid it getting caught in the thickets and brambles. He led the way as the others followed behind.

“Are you sure the ninja came this way, Lightning?” asked Buddy Rose.

“Positive! I saw her come through this way.”

“Sure, we saw her go into the forest, but maybe she turned somewhere.” said Artie.

“Yeah, but how can we figure that out?” asked Spike. He had a point; there were no footprints on the ground, obviously meaning the ninja leapt along the tree limbs to avoid being followed. “We’ll find her, even if we have to scour this whole forest.” said Starla.

“I was afraid you’d say that…” said Rarity. She gazed down at her very muddy boots and gave them a little shake.

As they continued to trek through the forest, every sudden sound made them jump slightly. “What was that?!” cried Fluttershy.

“You stepped on a twig.” Spike said.

The caw of a crow made Fluttershy yelp and leap into Rhymey’s arms.

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes “Are we there yet?”

They continued to wander, until they emerged from the forest. “Look there…” said Starla “Isn’t that the Castle of the two Sisters?”

“It is…” Lightning said, he remembered hearing about it from Twilight, and reading about it. Everyone had…

It was where Celestia and Luna used to reside in over a-thousand years ago. Grand Ruler Celesto lived there as well when he became captain of the guards and got engaged to Celestia. Then Princess Luna became Nightmare Moon, and the great battles began, but all that was ancient history, and now the place stood abandoned and dilapidated.

Twilight Sparkle, after being crowned as princess, was hoping to renovate and remodel it as a historic landmark, but when she died all her plans died with her. Nobody dared to touch the castle now, and preferred to leave it as it stood.

“You don’t think the ninja’s gone in there?” asked Krysta.

“It’s the only place around here.” said Lightning “Let’s go in…”

“Race you there!” said Pinkie and she took off fast.

“Pinkie!” snapped Lightning, but she was already way up ahead. “Ugh, crazy pony…!” Lightning muttered and he and the others chased after her right up to the castle entrance, unaware that they were being watched from the thickets and brambles nearby.

Lightning, and Krysta using their powerful strengths, pushed the large doors open. It was really dark inside despite the daylight. The windows were so dirty, dust and tattered curtains were covering them.

Starla felt a shiver run down her spine “Oo-hoo… this place is giving me the creeps.”

“I hear ya…” added Applejack.

There were also many doorways, so the gang decided to divide into groups and split up. “Keep your eyes peeled for anything.” said Lightning. Then everyone went off. Lightning, Starla and Krysta went through one doorway, and the other teams were… Rarity, Spike and Artie... Rainbow, Applejack and Buddy Rose… Fluttershy, Rhymey and Pinkie Pie… and finally, the twins would act as their own team.

All the doorways seem to lead through different tunnels and passage ways leading all over the castle. The space ponies were reminded of the time they trekked through Titan’s old castle on the Dark Planet and how it used to be rigged with traps and secret panels.

This time, it was different; everyone had studied up on the castle and its blueprints. Even though the castle was old and falling to bits, they all knew not to let it go to their heads that included the traps.

“Stop here!” Lightning said “Follow me… and he leapt far across the floor, Starla followed and Krysta fluttered behind her, as the floor behind them opened; a trapdoor! “Good eyes, honey.” said Starla. Her husband smirked, and they continued on their path.



One-by-one, each of the teams used their knowledge and avoided secret panels in the floors and the walls. A swarm of bats flew everywhere, and Rarity screamed “Get them away! Get them away!” Spike scared them off with a little fire flare. “Good shot.” said Artie.

“…Anything for Rarity.” said Spike, but he said it silently to himself.

The teams soon found themselves in many rooms scattered throughout the castle. Rhymey’s group found themselves in the place where they all first activated the Elements of Harmony, and defeated Nightmare Moon the first time. “I still remember it, it was so scary.” cried Fluttershy.

Pinkie Pie sniffled “And it was so beautiful that the sisters were reunited!” and she began to blubber just like she had all that time ago.

Rhymey closed his eyes, and felt the cool breeze from the broken windows and holes in the walls. Although he wasn’t part of that long ago event, being on this spot made him feel deeply enraptured by his poetry muse.

“The feeling is long, mutual and deep,
No longer shall you cry and weep
For I, myself have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep.”

The girls thought that was lovely.




Buddy Rose and his team found an old armory. “Ah, yeah, this is my kinda place.” said Rainbow “Yes, ma’am, old fashioned armor and weapons.”

“Not as good and effective as our weapons, but still very interesting.” said Buddy Rose. As much as they wanted to keep looking, they had to keep focused on finding the ninja; assuming she was anywhere.





Rarity was spinning all around what had to be an old bedroom. Her mind was going miles a minute thinking of all the many ways she could spruce things up. “A few good drapes here, some furniture there! Ah, and these tapestries… with just a little mending and cleaning I could--”

“Eh… that’s enough, Rarity.” said Artie.

“Yeah… we got something else to worry about.” cried Spike, and he pointed to a huge sinister shadow on the walls. Rarity fainted in overdramatic shock, and Artie stood ready, but it turned out to be the Spanish twins “Hola amigos.” said Dyno. “We found secret passages all over the place.”

“Say, what’s with Rarity?” asked Myte. She still hadn’t gotten up from her faint. Artie and Spike sighed, “Don’t ask.”





Lightning, Starla and Krysta found the library, Twilight’s favorite place in the entire castle. “I remember she would come here all the time for quieter, private reading.” Lightning said. He even saw a book with one of Twilight’s bookmarks in it; she never had a chance to finish reading it before she died.

All three of them felt pretty down for a moment, remembering their friend. Then they noticed some of the books were missing from the shelves; which was very strange considering no one other than Twilight ever came to the castle when she alive and she always put her books back.

“We’ve got to regroup.” said Lightning.

Soon, the whole team met back in the central foyer, but just as they were about to share their findings with one another, a trapdoor they were not aware of opened beneath them, and they all fell, down, down, down into darkness!





Meanwhile, Shining Armor had finished his second batch of teleportation powder and was ready to leave. “I sure hope this works…” he said as he held his hand full of powder tight. At that very second, Professor Brain came into the storeroom to get some stuff he needed, and spotted him “I say; what are you--” he shielded his eyes when Shining Armor had thrown the powder on the floor beside him, and in a bright flash, he vanished!

“Good heavens, I must warn his majesty!”




Shining Armor already appeared deep within the forest. His powder had worked. “Thanks Twily…” he said softly, and then he ran off, following the tracks the team had left.



“He what...?!” Grand Ruler snapped when the professor told him about Shining Armor. “I’m afraid it is true, my lord. I saw it with my own eyes.”

“Do you know where he went?” asked Celestia. “Sadly, I do not, my queen.” said Brain.

“I bet I know where he went…” said Grand Ruler. As concerned as he was about Shining Armor, he thought of the New Crystal Empire even more. Who was protecting it?

He gazed at his wife. “I must go. I’m the only one with magic. I’ve got to ensure the empire is safe before I track down the others.”

Celestia understood, and wished she could have gone with him. “Just be careful out there.” she said. Her husband leaned down and kissed her softly. “I shall…” then he opened the window and leapt onto the ledge “Princess Luna, take over while I am away.”

Luna nodded at him, and then he headed off.





Meanwhile, Shining Armor was dashing through the forest, eventually reaching the castle. He was about to head over when he noticed someone’s feet sticking out through some brush. He dragged the body out and gasped. “Dr. Kudos!” He couldn’t believe it, but it was really him, and he looked in bad way.

Kudos began to awaken.

“Doctor! Are you okay?” asked Shining Armor. As Kudos opened his eyes wider, he zapped Shining Armor with a magical beam, knocking him out cold. Then he stood up, snickering and dragged him away, unaware that the ninja was watching him from within the forest.




When Shining Armor came too, he felt very woozy, and found he was strapped to the wall of a dark cavern. All the other walls were decked with stone tablets of cutie marks, including Rarity’s, Applejack’s, and Rainbow Dash’s.

Then, the huge chair in the center of the room slowly spun round, and there sat Emil Kudos, glaring wickedly at him. “Dr. Kudos…?” cried Shining Armor “But, I thought you were dead! Why are you doing this? I thought we were friends…”

Kudos stood up and walked towards him with a sinister grin, and in a flash of light he transformed, making Shining Armor gasp in horror, “Dr. Kudos… is the phantom of magic!”

Kudos nodded and hissed “Yes, I am, and you are no friend of mine; Nobody is!” He then snapped his fingers, and the torches on the other side of the room lit up, revealing Lightning and all the others strapped to the wall like he was, and Krysta was held in a glass sphere. “Shining Armor!” cried Lightning as he and the others struggled hard.

Kudos sniggered, “It’s no use in struggling. Those are special straps that I conjured up myself. Struggling only makes them stronger.”

The friends tried and tried to break free, but the straps indeed became stronger and harder. “Oh, and I mustn’t forget the other guests to my little festivity.” He clapped his hands, and Peach Tree and Fire Ball were lowered down from the dark ceiling, both strapped to two solid pillars.

“So, you did kidnap them!” snarled Starla.

“That’s right!” snarled Kudos “And I intend to destroy them... along with all of you!”

Everyone gasped in horror.

“You should feel fortunate though, for your fate is nowhere near as terrifying and as painful as what I intend to inflict on the rest of the planet. I can transfer my own magic, and that with the magic I have obtained, I shall finally free Lord Tirek from his imprisonment. He will obey my every command and fulfill my every wish, and even your strongest forces will be helpless to stop us then!”

“You monster!” growled Peach “How can you do this to everyone? You used to be so nice and pure!”

Kudos laughed, and then snarled angrily “It’s simple: it’s exactly what everyone deserves, especially you and Fire Ball, and all because of the same thing-- Magic!!”

The others were all confused, except Peach Berry, and she had a sick feeling of all this, but Kudos decided to explain to everyone. “Peach Berry and I used to be very close… and there was a time I had friends...!”



*Kudos’ POV*

My life as an Earth Pony was not all that pleasant. Ponies where I lived were much ruder and harsh towards others just for begin different before Princess Twilight Sparkle was even born.

I was often teased by the unicorns and pegasi, just as they had teased many Earth Ponies for being magicless. Many say that Earth ponies have their own special magic... for WHAT, growing crops? Having more psychical strength? I'd hardly call such petty things magic, more like basic ordinary skill that ANYONE can do if they study and train.

Growing crops isn't magic, it's just a skill

Having psychical strength... any one can have that, but that isn't magic either.

Shooting beams out of your horn, teleportation, transfiguration... even moving clouds, and stirring up winds... THAT is magic.

No... Earth Ponies are not truly as magical as Unicorns and Pegasi. When it comes to the magical pool... we Earth Ponies are at the shallow end.

Then again It didn’t seem to be that much of a big deal to me at first. So what if I couldn't levitate things, fire magical beams of light, or sit on clouds and alter weather...

...but as time passed the situation persisted. They wouldn’t let us Earth ponies play in any games, when they held clubs or picnics, they refused to let us join, and all because of the same thing: no magic.

Things then began to worsen, as many of my Earth pony friends moved away and transferred to other schools, leaving me to face the bigotry on my own; a lone Earth Pony surrounded by meanies.

One day, I met Peach Berry, a pegasi transfer student. I felt she was different from the rest. She actually seemed to appreciate me, even though I had no magic. We became good friends, and we grew up together, and we even fell in love. She began to open my eyes, and inspired me to become a marriage councillor, and I used the inspiration, kindness and love I had gotten from Peach to share with all my patients. I even had the privileged of helping and befriending Shining Armor. He became my best and most frequent patient as I helped him to deal with his issues about Princess Cadance, and wanting to propose marriage to her.

I became well renowned and made many new friends. My life seemed so perfect, and would have been better, except… the past was about to return, to torment me once more!

I was preparing to propose marriage to my beloved Peach Berry, when I received a shocking letter in the mail.

Dear Emil…

I write you this letter, because I just can’t bring myself to tell you face-to-face. I am sorry to say that, I have changed a lot, and I have met up with an old friend of mine, whom I knew long before you. We have decided to start a relationship together, and for that I must leave you.

I will always cherish all the wonderful times we had, and I hope that even after all this you and I may at least till be friends.

Love: Peach Berry

I felt my heart sinking that day. How could she just leave me like this, and after everything we had been through and how much we meant to one another? I wouldn’t stand this, and I wanted an immediate explanation. So I decided to go to her, and that’s when I saw her with Fire Ball, a unicorn! He was showing her what amazing things he could do with his magic, and I even overheard them chatting.


“It’s really amazing to have Unicorn magic.”

“Yes, next to friendship, it truly is one of the most amazing things in all of Equestria.”


Disheartened, I tried to turn to my friends for comfort, but many of them had moved on with their lives and families, completely forgetting about me, and not even remembering me, and the rest had changed just as Peach had, and would not welcome me into their lives or activities simply because I was not a Unicorn or a Pegasi, just a magicless Earth Pony!

I felt so betrayed! How could the ponies I trusted so much turn so shallow and vain?!


I began to detest such things as friendship, love and harmony; hogwash all of it! All anyone seemed to care about was magic, and life itself had become a prison for me. Everywhere I went I was constantly reminded of my betrayal, and worse; I was taunted and hooted at by more unicorns and pegasi.

My depression turned into anger and hatred, and I began to shun others; no longer wishing to help them with their problems as they meant nothing to me. All I wanted was to be alone. That way I felt that no one would hurt me anymore, but I was wrong again!

On that dark and stormy night, I was looking up at the sky, and I swore I could see Peach Berry trying to help the other pegasi control the weather, and she misfired that one bolt of lightning which struck my home! Flames had burst everywhere, and I was injured beyond hope. I lay flat on the floor as the fire surrounded me, unable to get up to escape or even scream for help.

I felt this was truly my end, when suddenly a mysterious voice called out to me. “Do you wish live? I can save you, but you will have to do exactly as I tell you.”

With not much time to think, I accepted his offer, and by unseen magical energies, my spirit was taken away along with my cutie mark and special skills, leaving my old body to burn.

I suddenly found myself in a strange dark void, but I heard that voice call out to me again. It said that I would be reborn, but that I was to carry out a special mission, and that there was a great power that was waiting for me if I was willing to unlock it; the power of Lord Tirek. It soon made me realize it was Tirek himself who was doing this for me, he said that he understood my pain and was willing to give me the chance to exact vengeance on everyone.

So, I agreed, and as a result I was restored in a newer, stronger body. I never felt anything like it, but I had to take time to understand and train with my new found powers before I could set off on my mission. So I spent my time in a newly created underground cavern beneath the castle, where I trained, studied and mastered forms of magic I couldn’t believe were happening to me.

Even after Equestria was destroyed, and United Equestria form, I had survived and continued my training, getting stronger, and stronger. I became the phantom of magic.

I set off on my mission, stealing cutie marks and the magic of all ponies, so that I would unleash Lord Tirek as I had promised. For he promised me all the greatest of magic that I could ever of, enough to help me punish those who hurt me!

*POV Ends*



“…And so, here we stand now. The hour of my vengeance is near. I’m going to wreak havoc on this world using the very thing you all used against me, magic!”

Many of the ponies didn’t know what to rightly feel. They felt pity for Kudos for how his life was ruined and taken away, and also some of them gazed over at Peach Berry. “Is this true…?” asked Fire Ball “You stuck with me because you were charmed by my magic?”

His wife hesitated nervously and then shamefully admitted “...Partly.”

Even Rarity thought that was just disgusting! True, she had fallen in love with unicorns, but not simply for idle things like magic. “You see there…!” snarled Kudos “The true shallowness and vanity is revealed. I cared for her with all my soul, and she leaves me for another simply because of magic... It makes my revenge all the more rightful!”

Peach Berry tried to explain for herself, while she was initially charmed by Fire Ball’s magic, she grew to love him like any other. Fire Ball could still hardly believe it, and did not take kindly to just discovering her vanity. It almost made him feel sorry for Kudos.

Peach then admitted that while she did accidentally strike Kudos’ house when she misfired the lightning, “Please, believe me. Not a day or night goes by that I don’t feel pain and anguish for what happened.”

Kudos marched over and slapped her hard across the face. “You break my heart, you ruin my life, and then you destroy me and my house, be it accident or not...

...and you think you can weasel your way out it just like that! YOU’RE A FOOL PEACH BERRY!!” He gazed at everyone around the room “You are all fools! Despicable, shallow, miserable little wretches! Mark my words, you’re all going to rue the day you crossed swords with me and making me suffer, as will everyone else.”

“It’s you who’s the fool, Kudos!” snarled Lightning “I’ve been doing some thinking lately from what I’ve heard from you, and you honestly think you can control something as powerful as Lord Tirek? Don’t you see; he’s just using you!”

Kudos’ lips curled into a sinister sneer “The great Lord Tirek brought me to life once more, and promised me power. I think I’m the best judge of this.”

“Judge?!” snapped Applejack “Look at you! Your so riled up by all this payback and you're puttin' Earth ponies down! I mean I used to be one, and I thought it was just fine, Magic or not."

Kudos stepped right over to her, and punched her hard in the gut and then again in the face.

“Applejack!" cried Buddy.

"You are as pathetic as the rest!" hissed Kudos, and he grabbed Applejack's left wing, pulling it down, "You WERE an Earth pony, and now you look at you; a Pegasus." He punched her again, splitting her lip and making it bleed softly.

The others all winced in shock and feelings of agony for her. "How dare you assault my friend!" snarled Rarity, but Kudos turned to face her and zapped her hard with a small blast, burning the side of her face, "Perhaps that will teach you to keep your mouth shut, you air-headed retard!"

Rarity gasped ever so strongly, and felt her heart being pained as much as her face at such an insult!

“Kudos, you have to stop this and you have to stop now!!" shouted Buddy "You don’t realize what you’re getting yourself into!”

“SILENCE!” shouted Kudos “I’ve listened to enough of your pious cants for one lifetime. I have a meeting with destiny, and I’m not taking my chances in you ruining my plans this time!”

That’s when the friends all began to feel their strengths getting weaker. This was because of the straps that bound them. “Even as we speak, they are draining your energies and rendering you powerless. Even the mighty space ponies are being affected."

“He’s right!” groaned Dyno. “I feel woozy…” added Myte. Even Spike and Krysta were being drained of strength.

They then watched as all the cutie marks on the tablets vanished as Kudos absorbed them all into a magical gem. “And now, for the finishing part of my plan…” hissed Kudos, and he stomped his foot onto a single square on the floor, pressing it like a switch.

The cavern began to rumble and quake. “What’s happening?” cried Fluttershy. Small pebbles and bits of dust began to fall as the walls cracked up. “It’s caving in!” cried Krysta.

Kudos sniggered. “In five minutes the entire castle above will cave in on your heads, burying you alive, and ensuring that you won’t interfere with my plans this time. Farewell!” Laughing loudly, he leapt up into the darkness and vanished out of sight as large rocks began to fall from above.

“What are we going to do!” cried Rainbow.

“We’re going to be pony pancakes!” screamed Rarity.




Outside, the castle was rumbling violently as bits of it began to break off and fall. The phantom snickered wickedly as he watched “So much for the appetizer…” he then clutched his amulet holding all the magic inside “And now, onward to the main course.” Using his magic to propel him though the air, he began to fly off for New Tartarus, where he would unleash Lord Tirek.

The ninja saw this from the forest, and was well aware of what was going on in that castle. Any second, it was going to collapse and crush the trapped hostages like grapes!

The castle continued to rumble and collapse. The friends were all still struggling to break free, but the straps continued to weaken their strengths making it all the more difficult. “It’s no good, we can’t break free!” cried Lightning.

“We’re getting weaker!” groaned Artie. Then a huge pile of rocks fell from above “From the looks of this place, it won’t matter in a minute!”

“We’re gonna die! WE’RE GONNA DIE!!” cried Pinkie Pie.

“No! This can’t be!” screamed Rarity.

The energy straps were still draining their power, and some of the ponies felt like drifting off. Some of them even believed they were hallucinating when they thought they saw what looked like the ninja, but it was really her, and using the magic of her amulet, she managed to break the straps, and Krysta’s glass.

All of them gazed at the ninja, and she motioned for them to follow out a secret entrance she came through. With no time to argue, they followed her down a tunnel. Soon, they emerged in the clearing of the forest, a good distance away from the castle. “We made it!” cried Dyno, “And just in time!” cried Myte, as he point at the castle, which collapsed into a huge pile of rubble and debris.

It was a very dark moment to see that. One of the most sacred landmarks on the entire planet, crushed just like that. “Oh, my…!” peeped Fluttershy.

“Oh, dear.” cried Rarity

“Kudos…!” Lightning grumbled “He’s gone too far this time!”

The others agreed, and decided it was time to find him and bring him in for good. “Hey, where’d the ninja go?” asked Buddy Rose.

“Nobody was watching her?!” snapped Rainbow. Still, it was already agreed that she was off to New Tartarus, where Kudos was probably now. “We’ve got to stop him before he unleashes Tirek!” cried Starla. “Agreed, but we’ll need help.” said Lightning, and he gazed at Peach Berry and Fire Ball “And we’ve got to get you two to safety as well. Krysta, can you get us back to New Canterlot?”

“I’ll try…” said Krysta, but all she could manage to conjure up was a few sparkles. “I was afraid of that; my power’s low.”

“I guess those straps really did a number on us.” said Artie. “We’ll have to fly all the way.”

“But’s it too darn far…” said Applejack “We’ve gotta save up what strength we’ve got left, not burn it away.”

“What do we do now?
We’ve got to get back, but how?” asked Rhymey.

Suddenly, Shining Armor remembered his magic powder. “Everyone, huddle together. I just hope this is enough to get us all back.” Everyone huddled together in a big group. “Here goes…!” said Shining Armor as he threw the powder, and everyone vanished in a cloud of smoke.


They then reappeared safely, but not in New Canterlot. “What just happened?” asked Pinkie. Everyone looked around, and all the caverns and rocky peaks told them immediately, “This is New Tartarus.” said Lightning.

This land was once used by Equestrians to seal their most dangerous criminals, like Tirek, underground. It became obsolete when Starfleet came along and introduced stronger and more efficient prisons. However, all dangerous criminals of Equestria’s past still remained sealed within New Tartarus.

Peach and Fire were both awed and a bit shaken by the sight of the eerie place. “But, I thought we were heading for New Canterlot?” asked Peach. Shining Armor couldn’t understand it either “I followed the spell exactly…” then suddenly it donned on him, he remembered one special ingredient, bits of dust from crushed rocks of New Canterlot he was supposed to have added, but there were two jars with the same contents in the storeroom, and in his haste he neglected to read the label properly.

“This is bad, very bad.” said Lightning. He was very concerned for Peach and Fire; this was no place for civilians to be. Suddenly there was a small tremor that almost knocked everyone off their feet. “What was that?” cried Rarity.

“I think it was coming from way over there…” said Spike as he pointed off in the distance where everyone could see bright flashes of light and energy. “Kudos!” cried Lightning.

“He’s going to unleash Tirek!” added Starla.

“Well, come on, we’ve gotta stop him!” snapped Buddy Rose. The team began to head off, but Shining Armor and Krysta were to look after the couple, and try to get them off the lands as this was not the thing for them to be getting into. “Stick with us, you’ll be fine.” said Shining Armor.




Kudos was laughing sinisterly as he began his ritual. Bolts of lightning seem to flash out of nowhere as the winds picked up. “Great Centaur, Lord Tirek, the time has come for me to release you from your imprisonment. I now give you this offering; the magic obtained from ponies!” He held up the amulet over the great seal, and the amulet glowed brightly as all the magic and cutie marks emerged in an immense stream and got absorbed into the seal! The seal began to pulsate, indicating it was weakening. “Yes! It’s working!” hissed Kudos. All he had to do now was give his own power… but suddenly…!

Several magic blasts bombarded him. “Huh….?! What’s this?” he growled as he turned and saw the team. “I have got to be dreaming!” he roared.

“Ceremony’s over, Kudos.” snarled Lightning.

“You’re too late!” growled Kudos “I’m only one step away from unleashing the ultimate magic, and finally getting my revenge!”

The friends could see that he had finally gone completely insane. “Don’t be a fool, Kudos!” snapped Starla “You’re about to unleash a dangerous force that could doom us all. Give yourself up and we’ll try and help you.”

“The only ones you should be helping are yourselves!” snarled Kudos, and he fired a huge blast of magic at them all, knocking them all over. “All right, if that’s how you want it-- everyone still good?”

Everyone stood tall and proud and it was time to transform.

“STARFLEET MAGIC!!”

“HARMONY HOUR, FRIENDSHIP POWER!!”

“Dragon Power!”

“You’ve forced us to take extreme measures, Kudos. Prepare to lose it all!” Lightning said.

Kudos laughed loud and wickedly and unleashed a swarm of his phantom-puppets to attack them. “Let’s go!” snapped Lightning and everyone lunged forth, attacking the phantoms and knocking them out of the way, and while they were distracted, Kudos decided to continue his ritual, when the ninja appeared and kicked him off the platform.

“You!” snarled Kudos. The ninja glared at him fiercely and lunged at him. The two brawled fiercely, and Kudos was growing more and more anxious and desperate to finish what he started, if he could just get a clear opening.

The others were still duking it out with the puppets, vanquishing them all one-by-one. “That’s all of them.” Spike said after destroying the last one. “Now, let’s get Kudos.” said Lightning.

Kudos fired a shot, and the ninja dodged. The two then ran side by side firing numerous shots at one another. They then skidded to a halt and engaged in a strength lockdown. Both sides put all their muscle on. “I will not be stopped, I’ve come too far!” growled Kudos, and that gave him the extra bit of strength he needed to break free, and blast the ninja extremely hard, and she skidded along the ground.

She struggled in agony, and didn’t get back up. “Kudos!” snapped Lightning, and there was the whole team sneering angrily at him for what they had just seen. Kudos clenched his fists as he stared down the team, but also could see out of the corner of his mask and that Tirek’s seal was just off to the side of him.

He powered himself up really hard. The team thought he was getting ready for a big blast, and stood ready for it, but suddenly Kudos whirled round and fired his power towards the seal. “No!!” cried Lightning.

Kudos felt very weak from transferring all that power to the seal, and the ground began to tremble and quake as the seal pulsated like crazy, and then it broken, and all was suddenly quiet… quiet… quiet still, and then a huge fist pushed through the ground, making the team jump in fear. Then another large fist emerged. Kudos gazed on in astonishment as the giant centaur emerged, and thundered “I… am… free!!”


To Be Continued…!

(Promo)

In our next episode; the friends find that they are horribly ill matched against Lord Tirek’s mighty strength and power, and Tirek decides to head off to New Canterlot to seek his vengeance for being sealed, and he manages to overpower everything launched at him.

The Grand Ruler steps up to the plate to defend his kingdom, and matches Tirek’s strength, but doesn’t seem to be quite enough to beat him.

Is there another way to silence Tirek’s evil for good?

Don’t miss the next exciting episode of “Starfleet Magic!”

(Next Episode: Part 2: Valkyries of Harmony)