• Published 27th Apr 2017
  • 1,547 Views, 44 Comments

My Brave Pony Starfleet Magic: Season IV - DakariKingMykan



Starfleet faces Futuristic enemies, and a Cutie Mark Caper whilst dealing with their own problems as well

  • ...
96
 44
 1,547

Episode 12: Unlucky Rabbit's Foot

EPISODE TWELVE

Cookie Dough and his wife Khana Ling were visiting New Ponyville from New Horn Kong, to celebrate the opening of one of their many restaurants worldwide, and to personally invite Lightning and the whole gang for a free meal.

To help celebrate the grand opening, as there was a stage inside the place, Abra Kadabra was hired to perform a magic show, especially since he had a new apprentice and assistant; Trixie!

The ponies hadn’t seen or heard from Trixie in a long time, ever since “The Magical Duel” episode with Twilight, yet she seemed rather different.

Before the show began, Abra announced why Trixie was with him.

“Young Trixie had a change of heart and wished only to use her magic for good of United Equestria, and to bring joy to many. For this, she had come to me in request to become my personal protégée, and as a gentleman, I was too obliged to refuse. She has been practicing, studying, and under my guidance has learned well, and now I feel she is ready for her first public performance.”

The audience applauded and cheered, and the magic show was quite a hit. Trixie proved to have improved her attitude immensely. She helped Abra make flowers appear out of scraps of paper, which they gave out to everyone.

Trixie made a rabbit appear out of Abra’s hat, with his help.

The best act of all was the mystic-box. Abra climbed in, and when Trixie opened the door again, Abra’s entire body, except for his head was gone. Trixie even showed everyone how the box was truly empty by feeling around inside of it.

“My goodness, I’m feeling rather scattered about.” said Abra “Should I pull myself together?”

“I think you should, Master Abra.” said Trixie “But perhaps we should enlist the help of our audience.”

They instructed the audience to count to three, and that’s when Trixie spun the box around once, getting behind it, and Abra popped out of the box onto the stage, then opened the box again to reveal Trixie inside it, and full-bodied.

The two magicians bowed to their cheering public.



The show was wonderful, and so was the food. The gang all sat their private table, and Cookie and Khana sat with them. Spike loved the dumplings “These are so good!” he said with his mouth full. “You should thank Khana, they’re her recipe.” said Cookie. His wife bowed thankfully.

“Still, I’m glad Trixie has finally adapted herself to a new life.” said Lightning.

“Yeah, she and Abra make a great team.” added Starla. That’s when the duo, having heard her, approached the table on their way out.

“Thank you both for performing here, it means a lot to us.” said Khana. Abra approached her, and pulled out some flowers from his sleeve like magic “Not at all, dear lady.”

Khana felt flattered.

“And congratulations to you too, Trixie.” said Rarity “You’ve chosen a fine career for yourself.”

“I’m glad I did too.” said Trixie “Do you think, maybe… would Twilight have been proud of me?”

Everyone felt a little sad, but Lightning gazed at her proudly and said “I’m sure she would have, as we all are.”

Trixie smiled “Thanks commander.”

“Well, I’m sorry we must dash off, but we do have a full list of demands to sort out.” said Abra “I think I’m rather enjoying having a new assistant.”

Trixie blushed and they left together.

Lightning felt a toast was in order “To Cookie and Khana.”

“Here-Here!” everyone cheered as they clinked glasses. Pinkie blew a small noise maker she brought with her “Sorry, I can’t help it.”

Cookie and Khana also wanted to thank Artie personally for the big painting that was hanging on the wall by the table. A painting of the twelve zodiac animals Asian ponies cherished.

“Aw, it was nothing.” Artie said.

“No, really, it means a lot to us, especially to Khana.” said Cookie. His wife agreed “All twelve of these special animals represent personality, talent, and wisdom, and some believe hold secrets to what future they may lead.”

“Still, I like the painting as it is; it’s beautiful.” said Starla. Many of the others agreed, and Artie felt flattered, but suddenly, as Lightning looked closer at the twelve animals he gasped softly. “Lightning, what’s wrong?” asked Krysta.

“Those animals…” he said. “Look at them…

Tiger
Rooster
Snake
Ox
Pig
Sheep
Dog
Horse
Dragon
Rabbit
Monkey
Rat…”

The others all looked at the animals one-by-one, and then again. “Uh, what are we supposed to be looking at?” asked Rainbow.

“…The Cardinals!”

Everyone gasped in shock and confusion.

“Just look…” said Lightning “Every one of the cardinals we’ve faced resembles some of these animals.

Flame-Stripes: A Tiger

Buster Beak: A Rooster

Dark Scales: A Snake

Big Bull: An Ox

Boar Bottoms: A Pig

Ba-Ba Black: A Sheep.

So far, we’ve only defeated half the animals on this list.”

The others couldn’t possibly try to disagree. “So if you’re right…” Dyno said “That means we’ll be facing six more of these creeps.”

Myte looked at the animals again, “...A rat… a dog… a monkey… a horse…a rabbit …and a dragon.”

Fluttershy shuddered in fear “I bet they won’t be as easy as the ones we already faced.”

“Now, now, you don’t let them get to ya.” said Applejack. “I agree.” said Buddy Rose “We already beat half them; we can beat the rest of them.”

“We’ll crush them all as appear.
We’ll make them sorry they ever came here.” added Rhymey.

All the friends nodded in agreement and confidence. Cookie and Khana had faith in them all, but they were both shocked to find that the zodiac animals were somehow tied in with the enemy, Khana especially. “You okay, honey?” asked Cookie.

“Yes, I am fine.”

As the friends prepared to leave the restaurant, they couldn’t help but overhear what sounded like an argument. An angry waiter was yelling at a customer. “You still ordered this food, so you have to pay for it!”

Rarity immediately recognized the customer. “Thunder Cloud”

“Oh joy…” Spike grumbled.

“I told you, I don’t have any money, and besides I didn’t touch a morsel of your crummy food.” Thunder growled.

“Crummy…?! Why you…!”

“Stop!” shouted Cookie Dough “What is going on here?”

The waiter explained how Thunder Cloud ordered the food, and though he didn’t eat it he still had to pay, but he didn’t have any money to pay anyway. Cookie and Khana were not very happy. One: That Thunder Cloud came in with no money, and called the food they and their chefs made crummy, but they also didn’t like it when waiters treated the customer’s bad.

“There’s only one way to solve this.” said Cookie Dough “Since he didn’t eat any of the food, we can let it slide.”

Khana agreed “However, the next time you come be sure to bring money to pay for it. This may be our grand opening, but it is dishonourable that you think all things are free.”

Thunder just scoffed as he got up “I think you’re just plain dishonorable, the way you all act sickens me.” Then he walked off.

“What a creep.” said Artie.

“What is with that kid.” added Rainbow.

“You should’ve seen how he acted towards me.” Pinkie said, and she recounted a time she wanted to invite him to Sugar Cube Corners for a little “Welcome to New Ponyville” Party because he was still new, and she felt he needed friends. She waited, and waited but he never showed.

Then only just yesterday, she questioned him why he didn’t come.

“I don’t want to come to your party. I’ve got better things to do than to waste my time with stupidity. GET OUT OF HERE!!”

Pinkie felt the same tears she felt that day coming back to her. “I think I’ve heard enough.” said Rarity.

“What are you talking about?” asked Spike, but Rarity had already left the restaurant…

She saw Thunder Cloud way ahead and jogged to catch up to him. “Thunder Cloud!” she called out to him. He stopped and turned round “Rarity, Hi.”

“Don’t you start with me.” she said sternly “I think it’s high time you learned a thing or two.”

“What?”

Rarity badgered him on how she had been tolerant because he was new, and didn’t have any friends, and that he was still estranged from many things. “I have decided, therefore, to teach you about the world.”

“Teach me, but…”

“No buts. We shall begin tomorrow morning. I will be there, and I will accept no refusal.” Then she turned on her heal and left.

Esroh Dab returned home. “What does she want to teach me-- friendship, the world in the light? Why would she want to do all this just for me? Come to that, why can’t I stop thinking about her?”

“Talking to yourself again?” said Neila as she appeared.

“Prying into my business again?” he scoffed at her.

“Who’s prying, I’ve simply come to seek our vengeance.”

“I see, the Dark King has ordered you to strike our enemies?”

“Who said anything about an order? I’m acting on my own accord.”

“You what…?! Are you crazy?”

Like many, even Neila, Esroh knew it was never a good idea to act without the Dark King’s approval, plus they were distinctly told not to interfere with plans and go overboard. “What’s your point?” Neila simply said “We’ve been following that for a while now and look what’s happened; we lost both Nomed and Ergo to those ponies.”

“And if the ponies don’t stop you, then the Dark King will.” said Esroh. Neila just acted all cocky and full of herself “I’ll destroy them so fast, his majesty won’t mind a bit.”

Esroh was still not convinced.

“Besides…” Neila said “What about you and that other pony? You seem to be warming up to her more than the others.”

Esroh scoffed and denied her thoughts “You know as well as I do, my only interest is to learn more about her now so that it’ll be all the easier to crush her later.”

Neila folded her arms and looked away in dismay.

“Just worry about yourself, I know I would if I were about to defy our Dark King’s orders.”

Neila scoffed again, with no worry whatsoever.






Meanwhile, at the royal palace, Grand Ruler had been training hard in the dojo the past couple of days to master his new powers. Professor Brain had built tons of practice-bots for him to spar with, each set at a master level of difficulty.

Yet, he managed to turn each one into scraps, and the more he sparred, the more control he gained. He finally decided enough was enough, knowing his limits, and didn’t wish to bother the professor anymore.

“Your majesty is wrong, it is no bother to assist you.” he said.

“Well, thank you nonetheless, Professor. You’ve been most helpful.”

The professor bowed and proceeded to gather up the scraps, that he would enjoy putting back together again. “Oh, dear, I simply must work on the redesigns for these creations.” he said to himself.

Suddenly, Princess Luna came into the dojo in a panic “Brother-in-law, Celestia… she has collapsed!”

“What?!” snapped Grand Ruler, and he teleported to the upper-floors instantly. Luna had to dash back as she didn’t have her magic to teleport. She reached the bedroom to find Grand Ruler by Celestia’s side helping her onto the bed, and he took her medicine bottle, and there was only one pill left.

“It’s time.” he said. His sister-in-law agreed and ordered the staff to prepare the sick-bay.

Grand Ruler then sent Lightning and immediate message in a letter…

…telling him it was time, and he needed him to fetch Dr. Penny immediately and have Krysta warp her to the palace to undertake the operation that was about to take place.

“Krysta!”

“I’m on it.”

“We’re going with you.” said Starla.






Soon, they arrived at the palace, just as the queen was being transferred to the operating room. She was still awake, but was fading off fast from the sedation drugs she was given. “I’m so frightened.” she peeped softly as she squeezed her husband’s hand.

He really didn’t know what else he could say because it was all up to fate now; except “No matter what happens, I will always love you, forever.”

A small tear fell from Celestia’s eye, and another fell from her husband’s eye. He bent down softly, and kissed her softly yet deeply. He made sure it was slow and as meaningful as it could be as they both feared it would be for the last time.

Then she was wheeled away to the operating room.

His majesty felt so distraught and numb with fear and sadness, his cape lost part of its shimmer and flutter. Lightning, Starla and Krysta knew this only happened when he was really upset. Lightning approached him “Master…”

His master took in a deep cleansing breath and his cape shimmered and fluttered again. “Right, now you have your orders, Doctor Penny; because of your extreme expertise in this field, I’ve put you in charge of the operation.”

“Yes sir.” said Penny “I’ll do all I can.”

His majesty nodded at her. “I have absolute faith in your abilities, Doctor, and know this; that I shall not hold you in any contempt… should you be unsuccessful.”

Penny bowed, and then left to prepare for the operation.

The friends could feel the pressure going through the roof and out into space. They didn’t even have the nerve to want to watch the operation from the theater; too afraid and too upset to look.

Soon, Celestia was completely out of it, and it was time to begin. “Are we ready?” asked Dr. Penny. The doctors and nurses and everyone nodded, but were all equally as nervous as she was as they gazed down at their queen. “Right, let’s begin.”




Minutes felt like hours, and hours felt like days. Lightning and the others stayed behind knowing Grand Ruler needed much comfort and support in this extremely dark time. No one really felt like doing anything much, other than look at the stars.

“You know, it amazes me…” Grand Ruler finally said. “When I look out into space, I remember of all the times I never forgot of Celestia and the love we share. It was as fate was telling me to never give up.”

“And that’s something you passed on to us.” Lightning said “And it always pulled through, just like it will this time.”

The others all agreed, even Princess Luna, and she remembered how she was responsible for separating Celestia from her love in the first place. “We must all stay strong to put dark times behind us, no matter how strongly they plague and torment.”

Everyone agreed, and Starla looked back up at the stars, mapping out their patterns in her mind, hoping they could give her a sign that everything would be okay.

Lightning also looked up at the stars, and the Moon and he closed his eyes, as if he were making a wish. He was actually praying to Twilight’s spirit, hoping she could help guide Celestia through this, just as she guided her through many ordeals.

Still, the operation was nowhere near over.





Many hours passed, and it wasn’t until about three in the morning that Dr. Penny finally came out. Her robes, her cap, her gloves all were drenched in blood. Everyone gazed at her with extreme concern and anxiety.

“...The operation was a success.”

Smiled began to appear, and Grand Ruler had felt as if the Moon had been lifted off his shoulders, feeling very light, but Dr. Penny wasn’t smiling.

“What’s wrong?” asked Lightning.

Penny explained that although the operation was a success, Celestia was still rather ill.

“I had never seen anything like it before.” she said as she explained how during the operation, she and her assistants saw it with their own eyes; the infected areas with the poison were glowing, showing them where the trouble was and how to work. “We were only able to save her because the poison had not completely gone through her body, but in order to save her we had to drain a great amount of her infected blood, and we had to clean out her organs and systems.”

Everyone could see where this was going. Celestia would need to time to rest and let her body heal itself and reproduce more blood, and without her Divine Alicorn magic, there was no telling how long she’d be out of it.

“…All-in-all, the worst is over. She will at least live.”

Grand Ruler smiled at her with tears forming in his eyes. “Thank you.” he peeped softly “May the heavens bless you, and I will see you are well rewarded.”

Penny was thankful, but all she cared for was that she had done it.

Soon, the queen was resting ever so silently in her and her husband’s bed. She looked so lifeless, but she was indeed alive. As Dr. Penny, all she needed was rest, but it would probably be days before she would awake, maybe longer. A lot of blood was drained to save her.

“She looks so still.” said Krysta “I don’t know why I still feel so worried.”

Everyone felt the same, but Dr. Penny told them they could still be of help, “The queen is very weak now, and her body needs time to rest and heal, but that doesn’t mean she can’t hear you. You need to keep supporting her, give her reason to want to wake up. It may help her will to let her recover faster.”

A good point they all kept well in mind.

Still, for now, Lightning and Starla were exhausted from being up all night, and Grand Ruler allowed them to have a room and get some sleep. As they walked off, Lightning closed his eyes and thought deeply to himself “Thanks, Twilight.”

Princess Luna left her brother-in-law, feeling he wanted to be alone with his wife.

He gazed down at her and spoke softly, “I’m very happy you’ve made It.” and he gave her a small peck on her head.






Meanwhile, Spike had stretched out and yawned and hopped out of bed, and his HMI disc of his song for Rarity slipped out and onto the floor. He quickly hid it back under the covers. “Thank goodness Rarity didn’t see it.” he muttered.

“See what?” she suddenly said, making him jump “Oh, uh… just… that I made my bed without you asking.”

He stopped when he noticed Rarity wearing a new suit. She looked just like a real teacher. “Gosh, you look fantastic.” he said feeling all warm and fuzzy inside. Rarity blinked twice at him. “Thank you, Spike… and Spike… would you help me with something?”

“Yes, what is it?”

Their faces seemed to be moving closer and closer and Rarity then dropped a long unfolding blackboard, which was folded up, into his arms. “Would you help me carry these to Thunder Cloud’s? I can’t easily do it myself.”

Spike sighed in a sulk “Glad to oblige.”

“Right…” Rarity said, and she put on her glasses and prepared to leave “School is about to be in session.”

Soon, she and spike arrived at Thunder Cloud’s place, and Rarity knocked at the door. He answered it almost at once. “Rarity, Spike? What are you…?” he was interrupted as Rarity, going against her usually ladylike manner, forced her way in “Quiet please, class will start at once.”

Spike followed her groaning as he carried the board.

Inside the house it was still just as empty, and all the shutters were closed tightly, and dust and cobwebs were everywhere. Rarity was confused and appalled by such conditions. “How can someone have lived like this all this time?” she wondered, and she opened the shutters.

“Ah!” groaned Thunder “The light!”

Rarity pulled the shutters closed softly, just enough so at least she could see. “Gee, what’s wrong with you?” Spike asked.

Thunder rubbed his eyes “First off: what are you two doing here?” he asked.

“Surely you didn’t forget what I said to you last night?” Rarity said “I said intend to acclimatize you to world around you, and from the looks of things I came at a perfect time. Just look at this place!”

“What’s wrong with it?” asked Thunder.

“What’s wrong?!” snapped Rarity “Why it’s positively filthy, and certainly no place I would call home. Why there’s not even any place to sit down.”

Thunder sat on one of the hollow crates. “I don’t see how it’s such a big deal.” he said “…But this is my house, and I’ll like how I want. If you don’t like it, you may leave!”

“QUIET!!” snapped Rarity. Thunder and Spike felt as if she had turned into raging monster. Rarity cleared her throat and kept her cool. “I’m beginning to realize why it is you aren’t fitting well in here, and as I said, I have come to educate you to the world around you; to help you see a better side of things.”

“But I…”

“No buts!”

She unfolded the board and set it up, and then she slapped a pencil and pad into Thunder’s lap. “Once I’m through with you, I promise you, you will be one of the best ponies I will know.”

“You better do as she says.” Spike said.

Thunder Cloud was already annoyed enough at them intruding on his privacy, but he soon considered “Maybe this could be a chance for me to learn more about how this world works.”

“All right… where do we begin?”

Spike and Rarity froze up, but then Rarity prepared to begin her fist lesson, like what a home was really supposed to look like, with furniture, and appliances “And above all things kept well cleaned.” she said as being opposed to the dusty mess.

She then remembered having lots of old furniture and appliances in her attic, and a few used carpets as well. Dyno and Myte were passing by and she asked them if they would help out. The twins were only too happy to, and in half an hour, Thunder Cloud at least had a suitable living room, the rest of the house was still empty.

His new room consisted of a sofa that folded out into a bed, a chair, lamp on a table, carpets on the floor. The room didn’t seem to echo so much whenever anyone spoke. Thunder Cloud never felt anything like this before, as he was used to emptiness and near nothingness-- exactly how creatures of his real kind preferred it!

“This feels… this feels…” he couldn’t find words to describe what he was feeling, except “…it’s different.”

Rarity began to feel maybe she was getting somewhere.

“Is this how you be… a friend?” Thunder asked.

“Darling, this is only one of the many ways there are to be a friend. Let me show you.”

And Rarity began to sing, and even though she had no magic, the images still seemed to appear as she sang, “A True, True Friend”

The twins joined in with the singing, and even Spike did, feeling the need to try and warm up to Rarity, yet she would just dismiss it as part of the song and kept on singing.

Soon the dance was taken outside where the whole town began to join in and sing. By the end of the song, Thunder cloud felt really strange inside, stranger than he had ever been. “This is what it means to be… a friend?” he said to himself. “It feels so strange to me. I’m a creature of darkness; I shouldn’t be feeling this way.”

Suddenly, the sky grew dark, and the ponies gazed up in awe and confusion, and that’s when a huge rabbit-like creature, with sharp fangs for teeth, and boxing gloves on his fists, leapt down from the skies. The ponies dashed out of the way just in time, but the rabbit slammed the ground so hard, the ground gave a huge quake. Everyone fell over, and Rarity fell in a watery puddle.

“Rarity!” cried Spike “I’m coming!” he dashed over to help her, but Thunder Cloud got to her first “Here, let me help you up.”

Rarity gazed into his eyes as she got to her feet, and her cheeks turned red.

“Why is she looking at me like that again?”

Spike felt really cold inside and useless. “I don’t believe this!” he groaned.

Then, everyone looked up and saw Neila levitating in midair, laughing at everyone. “Sorry to shake things up, oh wait, no I don’t.”

The ponies began to run in panic, and that’s when the fairies appeared to warp them all to safety, but Thunder Cloud merely hid behind some brush eager to watch the fight.

“You!!” Rarity snarled at Neila “Look at me, my outfit is ruined!”

“Pitiful pony, a lot more will be ruined when I’m through with you.” hissed Neila, then she turned to face her monster “Isn’t that right, Bouncer?”

Bouncer pounded his gloves, and looked ready for a fight, and he hopped over towards, the others.

The others all nodded at one another, and transformed.

“Starfleet Magic!!”

“Harmony Hour, Friendship Power!”

“Dragon Power!”


Once they transformed, the cavalry arrived; Lightning and Starla came from Krysta direct form New Canterlot, and the others all dashed to the scene.

“Oh my goodness!” cried Fluttershy. She had never seen a rabbit this size before, or as vile.

“Let’s bash this bunny!” snapped Applejack.

“Actually, it’s a rabbit.” said Pinkie.

“Whatever! Let’s go!” shouted Lightning. They all dashed forth at the monster, but they suddenly began to feel sleepy.

“What’s going on?” cried Spike.

“I feel… drowsy.” groaned Starla.

“Sleep little ponies! Sleep.” hissed Neila as she cast her magic.

“We’ve… gotta… hang on!” groaned Artie, but he like many of the others fell to their knees. This gave Bouncer his chance, and he leapt straight over and began to sock, pummel and really bash them all good. It also woke them up instantly. “Wow, what a right jab!” groaned Rainbow.

Some of the others got up and shook the rest of the sleep spell off, and they dashed towards the monster, but he quickly leapt up high and then slammed the ground again, knocking everyone off the feet with the quake.

“What a bunch’a clots.” Neila mocked. Then she moved downward ward to fight them all herself. Lightning got up and swung and her, but missed, and she kicked him hard. Starla armed her bow “STARLIGHT ARROW”, but Neila deflected it off of her and fired a shot at her.

Rhymey and Spike went after her with their swords, swinging like crazy and she dodged their every swing. Then she ducked way down causing the boys to heat each other’s blades, distracting them enough for her to punch them each hard.

“We’ve got to help them!” cried Fluttershy. The others agreed and tried to rush over, only for Bouncer to crash down again, making the ground shake.

Artie and the Spanish twins rolled over and tried their attacks.

“PAINT BOMB”

“BOOM-BOOM ROCKETS”

The rabbit sneered angrily and swung his huge gloves and punched the attacks hard sending them right back. Sparks and explosions blew all over. “Nice shot, boys!” grumbled Applejack.




Neila laughed at their bumbling “Oh, if only the Dark King could see this.”

Esroh continued to watch the battle from the shrubs. “Look at them…” he said softly “They keep getting up after numerous failed attempts.”




Rarity suddenly found herself standing right before the huge monster. It glared down at her snarling and sobbing softly. “Oh, how revolting!” she groaned. She flew up right to the monsters big face “Now see here you…!”

The monster snarled at her more, but Rarity didn’t even scream, and slapped the monster hard in the face, actually knocking it over like a tree. “Maybe that will teach you some manners.”

Suddenly, she felt sleepy, thanks to Neila’s magic. “And this will teach you to cross someone like me.”

Rarity soon drifted softly to the ground.

“Rarity!” cried Spike, and then he saw the monster coming straight at her. He loomed over her and leapt way up high ready to bounce on her. “No!” Spike cried as he flew over as fast as he could, but Rarity got lassoed and yanked out of the way by Buddy Rose’s whip, a split second before the big boom.

“Oh!” Spike groaned “How unlucky can a dragon be?”

Rarity snapped awake to see Buddy taking his whip off her foot. “What? What is this?!” she growled in shock. “It’s called saving your life.” said Buddy. Then he sprinted off.



Esroh saw the whole thing. “He saved her, just like that. Is this what Rarity meant when she said friends help one another?”




The team regrouped, and stared Neila and Bouncer down. “Do you guys give up yet?” hissed Neila “Had enough pain?”

“Never…!” Pinkie said heroically as she stood proudly. The others were not impressed by her cockiness.

“We’ll never give in to you, Neila.” Lightning snarled “The darkness will never rule here, not now, not ever.”

Neila laughed hard “If only you could change that as well as you talk. Face it, the darkness is unstoppable. We will all do what is written in time…” she paused “Well… almost.”

“Let’s move!” shouted Lightning, and they all dashed forth again. Neila fired her dark energy at them, and they all dodged every shot. Bouncer leapt up high ready to slam the ground again. “Fly!” shouted Lightning, and everyone leapt up high soaring in all directions around the monster.

The monster swung his fists around hard trying to swat the flyers, but to no avail. “Get him!” shouted Lightning, and everyone rushed in to rush the monster from all sides, but he leapt up high causing everyone to crash into one another, and all of them fell in a huge pile on top of one another.

“Hey!”

“Move over!”

“Get your foot out of my eye!”

“Forgive my wail,
but get off my tail!”

Neila grinned wickedly “They’re all in one place! Get them!”

Her monster nodded, and leapt up high in the air, but suddenly a great big top hat appeared over the monster and trapped him inside. “Hey! What’s going on?!” snapped Neila. Then she turned round and saw Abra and Trixie standing at the corner, both had teamed up to perform the trick. “Maybe you don’t have the magic touch.” sneered Abra.

“Right on cue!” said Lightning.

Trixie then used her magic to help the fighter straighten out and get back on their feet. “Looks like the Good and Powerful Trixie is a hero.”

Of course, the rabbit broke free from the hat easily and stood ready for more. “I’m through with your tricks!” growled Neila.

“Well, we’re through with you!” snarled Artie, and suddenly his insignia glowed. “Hey! Look at that.”

“Oh, no you don’t!” snarled Neila and she fired a magic beam straight for him, but suddenly a powerful sheet of glass appeared, intercepting the blast. “Oh yes he does!” said Abra “Now, Artie, do it!”

“Thanks, both of you!” Artie said “Mega Mode, Activate!” and the final of the mega modes was unlocked. “Wow! This is neat!”

Neila gritted her teeth, and then snarled. “Enough of this…!”

“No, enough of you!” snarled Lightning, he was about to charge forth, but Artie stepped in front of him “Let me take this one. I can handle it.”

“Well, alright, but we’re here if you need us.”

“You go, Arite.” cheered Starla.

The others poured it on, as Artie stepped up to face the monster.

“One target instead of all-- No problem.” hissed Neila.

“No problem for me that is.” said Artie.

Bouncer charged forth, and aimed to punch Artie hard, but he quickly sprinted ahead and skidded under the monster’s huge legs, then he leapt back hard “COLOR KICK” his feet glowed in many colorful lights, with energy, and he kicked the monster hard in its back.

The others thought it was cool, but Neila was really getting annoyed. “It’ll take more than pretty colors to beat me and my monster. Time for you to say nighty-night…” but before she could activate her power, she got blasted at from all ends by the others. “Wake up, Neila. Did you forget about us?” teased Lightning. “Get her!”

While the gang kept Neila distracted, Artie continued to battle with the monster, rather enjoying his new mega powers. “Time to break out the heavy stuff; BIG BRUSH” His new staff was a little shorter than his old one, but a special gem was at the top, with a big brush at the top.

The monster roared and charge straight for Artie, but he brush began to glow. “STUN SYMBOL” and he painted a symbol in thin air, and with a big flick of his brush, he shot the marl straight at the monster’s head, stunning him on the spot so he couldn’t move at all.

“STROKE OF GREATNESS” At his shouting, the tip of Artie’s brush glowed with magic. Gripping it tight, he swung hard, splattering the magic streak across the monster. The magic shocked and zapped at the monster, and it exploded, leaving only its blank and dead card behind.

“No!” shouted Neila. Now she was furious “My monster may be down, but I’m not!” She prepared to really unleash her furry on the team, when suddenly she began glowing in red light. “What’s happening?!” she cried, and then she vanished in a bright flash.

“Um… what just happened?” asked Spike.

The others were just as confused…

…but Esroh knew what was going on. “Oh, boy, I warned her about this.”







The Dark King was most furious. “Outright insubordination!” he thundered “I gave certain orders, and expect them to be followed!”

Neila shuddered nervously. “Your majesty, I beg of you…!”

“…SILENCE!!”

The darkness and thunder rumbled at the booming of his voice. “You might have destroyed our own future as well as the ponies’. Do you understand the seriousness your actions may have brought?!”

“Yes, I do my lord!” cried Neila “Please don’t vaporize me! I beg of you to allow me to try again, I will prove my loyalty to you.”

The Dark King hesitated a moment “You may yet get your chance to prove yourself, but any further disobedience will result in your own demise!!”

Neila gazed down at the dark misty grounds in fear, but also anger. “Those ponies will pay for this. So long as I exist, they’ll have no moment’s peace!”






Meanwhile, the ponies had all returned home from safety, and the fighters thanked Abra and Trixie again for helping them in battle. “Well, if this doesn’t prove I’ve changed, I don’t know what will.” Trixie joked.

“Well, you know civilians aren’t permitted to battle, but you did save us and we’re all still grateful, and I will see that you are well compensated.” said Lightning.

“Oh, well I don’t know what to say.” said Abra.

The others were still pleased that they had finally unlocked all the mega modes, at least the space ponies had, but the other ponies still wondered when and where they would unlock their special powers, and poor Spike still had no clue as to why he none at all.

“Well, one thing’s for sure, they’ll be back.” said Dyno. Myte nodded “And don’t forget, they still got five more of those nasty creatures.”

Rainbow socked her hand “Well, they’ll find us more ready than ever!”

“Eeyup, bring em on.” said Applejack.

Suddenly, Rarity remembered “Thunder Cloud! Where is he? I hope he is alright.” and she ran off.

Spike sighed and muttered “What does she see in that guy?” Then he noticed the others were gawking at him “What?” he snapped “So I’m little jealous. There, I admitted it!” and he stormed off.

“Wow, someone’s rather touchy.” said Pinkie.

The others all sighed.





Rarity found Thunder Cloud at his home. “You wanted to check up on me?” he asked her.

“Yes…” Rarity said trying to hide her crushing feelings “Remember what I said, friends look out for one another. I just wanted to see if you were okay.”

Thunder hesitated a moment, and then a smile appeared on his face “Thanks, you’re really kind to me.”

Rarity felt her insides going crazy, and her cheeks went pink. She almost felt too embarrassed to look at him and hid her face behind her mane. “Are you okay?” asked Thunder, but Rarity was so shy she ran off.

Thunder Cloud went back into his house feeling more confused than ever, but he was also feeling those strange things again “What’s happening to me?” he wondered aloud “Am I actually starting to have… feelings?”






Meanwhile, at New Canterlot Palace, Goldwin came before Grand Ruler. “Your majesty, the guards just got a report; The battle is over, and everything’s fine.”

Grand Ruler looked over the report, and smiled “I’m glad to hear that, and I’m glad everyone is safe.”

Both their smiles suddenly began to fade.

“How’s the queen doing?”

Grand Ruler didn’t answer. His wife was still sleeping silently in their bedroom, slowly recovering, but it would still be a long time yet.




(Promo)

In our next episode; in desperation to test a new theory, the phantom of magic decides to engage in a battle with the mysterious ninja in close-combat.

Meanwhile, the friends struggle to learn more about their mega mode powers, and Lightning continues to struggle with his issue with controlling Enticorn.

The biggest concern on everyone’s mind is why the ninja seems to act distant towards them.

What issues does this ninja have, and will the phantom succeed in his plot?

Don’t miss the next exciting episode of “Starfleet Magic!”

(Next Episode: “Right to Fight”)