• Published 27th Apr 2017
  • 1,547 Views, 44 Comments

My Brave Pony Starfleet Magic: Season IV - DakariKingMykan



Starfleet faces Futuristic enemies, and a Cutie Mark Caper whilst dealing with their own problems as well

  • ...
96
 44
 1,547

Episode 16: Part 2: Valkyries of Harmony

“Previously on Starfleet Magic…!”

After Queen Celestia had awoken from her slumber, the phantom of magic had kidnapped Fire Ball and Peach Berry, and lured the team of friends to his secret lair beneath the Castle of the two Sisters. There, he revealed his true identity as Dr. Emil Kudos, reincarnated, and how his anger and motivation came from his hard life of rejection and prejudice treatment.

After escaping the collapsing castle, the friends follow him to New Tartarus, but were unable to stop him from unleashing Lord Tirek!

EPISODE SIXTEEN

The ponies gazed in horror at the sight of the huge creature! He was at least the size of Twilight’s old home. “Whoa!” Buddy Rose cried as he scanned him with his visor “Anyone else scanning this?!”

“His powers are off the charts!” cried Arite.

The ninja could hardly believe what she was seeing, and Kudos was laughing nearly uncontrollably “Magnificent!” he then got up and waltzed over shouting “Tirek, mighty lord of magic… I have released you for your imprisonment. From this moment forth, you shall serve obey Me.” he then pointed at the team “Your first objective, destroy these pests!”

Tirek growled softly and turned round. “Uh, I don’t know about you guys, but I don’t like the way he’s looking at us.” cried Rainbow.

As Tirek stomped his way over, his big voice thundered “It’s been centuries since I was imprisoned, but now that I am renewed, I wouldn’t mind a little warm up. Let’s see what this new work’s defense has to offer.”

Lightning clenched his fists tight, not willing to back down no matter what the odds. “Come on guys, let’s rumble!” he said. The other reluctantly agreed, but had serious doubts they could do anything. Lightning and his friends all stood together, Spike stood with them, and unleashed their strongest attacks.

“DRAGON FLARE”

“STARLIGHT ARROW”

“LEAF SWARM”

“PAINT BOMB”

“DRILL QUILL”

“BOOM-BOOM ROCKETS”

“UNIFORCE”

All those attacks struck Tirek head on, resulting in a massive explosion. Everyone looked on anxiously, even Kudos. When the smoke finally cleared, Tirek had not a scratch on him, much to the friends’ horror.

“Is that all the better you can do? I am disappointed.” hissed Tirek. Then his horns began to glow in a fiery blaze “Allow me to show you real power; BLAZE OF DESTRUCTION!”

“LOOK OUT!” screamed Rarity as Tirek fired a huge fiery beam from his horns. The shot missed but created such an explosion that it sent all the friends flying in different directions and crashing hard. “Wow, talk about strength!” groaned Spike.

Tirek snickered “And that was just a small sample of what’s coming next. I have missed so much in the past centuries.”

The friends all managed to get to their feet. “Let’s rush him!” snarled Lightning. The all dashed forth, but along the way their suits powered down, and they all began to feel a little woozy. “What’s happenin’?” cried Applejack

“I think… I’m going to… collapse!” cried Fluttershy, and she nearly did, and Rhymey dashed up and caught her, but he felt his strength was very low as well.

“Oh, no, we’ve forgotten that when we were trapped.
Most of our powers and strengths were sapped!”

“He’s right!” groaned Starla “Even our best attacks didn’t work.”

Kudos stepped forth “Face it, your time is up. As long as Lord Tirek is by my side, there will be none to stand in our way.”

The friends could still not believe how crazy Kudos was for thinking Tirek was actually obeying him.

Kudos then spoke to Tirek. “Now, Lord Tirek, I command you to destroy them. Destroy them now while they are still weak!”

Tirek just stood where he was, not even blinking his eyes.

“Lord Tirek, I am giving you an order!” shouted Kudos, but Tirek simply turned and began to walk away. “Hey, where are you going? Get back here!” but Tirek continued to walk away, completely ignoring him. “I command you to return!”

Tirek just continued to walk away, and Kudos began to follow him.

“Kudos!” shouted Lightning “Don’t you get it? Tirek’s not listening to you, and he never was.”

“Silence!” shouted Kudos, but Lightning persisted “All he wanted you to do was free him. He doesn’t care about you at all! All he wants now is to conquer the planet and that includes you!”

Kudos refused to listen and followed after Tirek. He had not given Tirek all of his powers and still had enough to run fast and shoot small magical bursts. “Kudos, wait…!” Dyno shouted. “The stubborn fool, he just won’t listen!” growled Myte.

The ninja finally found her strength to stand up. “Check it out, the ninja’s up.” cried Pinkie. The gang looked over at the ninja, just as she dashed across the field. “Hey, wait, come back!” cried Buddy Rose, but she wouldn’t listen, and ran up to the front of Tirek “What have we here?” Tirek sneered. The ninja stood where she was bravely and grabbed the medallion around her neck.

Tirek gasped at the sight of it, “No, not that?! That’s my brother’s medallion.”

The ninja held it up high and it began to glow brightly. “No! I won’t let you!” shouted Tirek, and he thrust his huge fist forth, but the ninja fired a magical zap from the medallion, hitting his hand and hurting him slightly.

“Did you see that?” snapped Spike.

“Of course we did, but I don’t believe it...” said Artie.

The medallion glowed brighter, and brighter…

…then it went out again!

Tirek gawked down at the now pitiful ninja in his way, as she panicked and tried desperately to reactivate the magic, again, to no avail. Tirek laughed hysterically “Obviously someone fails to understand how the medallion truly works.” He scoffed, and then prepared to blast the ninja into ashes.

“No!” the others shouted

“Yes!” shouted Kudos.

“BLAZE OF DESTRUCTION”

Just the might force was fired right at the ninja, Shining Armor came out and shoved her and himself out of the way just in time. The ninja could hardly believe it and gazed at Shining Armor strangely.

The others were amazed, and Lightning couldn’t believe he was still around after he told him to leave, but Tirek simply scoffed “I have better things to do.” and he walked off again. “Wait! Come back here!” shouted Kudos, but still Tirek wouldn’t listen to him. He began to run off like a speeding comet, actually leaving a small burning trail as he ran.

“You dare run from your master!” shouted Kudos, and he sped off after him. “This is so not good!” cried Rainbow. “We can’t just let him run lose like that!” added Rarity.

Lightning, and agreed and signaled everyone to move out.

Shining Armor got to his feet. “Are you alright?” he asked as he held his hand out to the ninja. The ninja just gazed up at him strangely, almost as if she were nervous, or confused. After how mean she had acted towards him and the others, he was showing her kindness.

Shining Armor’s hand remained where it was, and finally the ninja gave in and placed her hand in his, gripping it in a way that was familiar to Shining Armor. He slowly helped the ninja to her feet, but gawked at her strangely.

The ninja still didn’t speak, but nodded softly at him and placed her other hand over his, confirming it all to him.

The gang dashed over to them “Shining Armor.” Lightning called. He snapped out of his trance “What are you still doing here? Oh, never mind.”

“Lightning!” cried Krysta as she came fluttering over, with her was her husband, King Topaz. “Thank goodness you are all safe, but we have terrible news!” cried Topaz. He explained while how Krysta couldn’t teleport, she did see one of her fairy soldiers on patrol. She stopped him and asked him to send a message to her family on planet Luminous, Topaz came along, and brought Twink along for the ride. “But my soldier also had bad news…” said Krysta “Tirek is heading straight for New Canterlot!”

Everyone gasped. “We’ve got to get back there!” cried Starla.

“She’s right, who knows what that big, ugly brute will do.” added Applejack.

“Gather round everyone, I can take you all there.” said Topaz. Everyone gathered close, and then they were all warped to New Canterlot.

The second they landed, they could already see it was completely and total chaos. Tirek had already arrived, and Kudos was watching from a hilltop. He watched with glee as he saw many pony forces go after Tirek.

Many unicorn guards fired their magic beams at him, but he just absorbed the magic and repelled it right back at them. Many pegasi and even the Wonderbolts came charging from the skies, “Going down…” sneered Tirek, and he zapped at them, causing them to lose their ability to fly. All the ponies crashed down like rocks.

Even the Earth ponies hardly stood a chance, and many of them were already backing away in fear of their lives.

Tirek had absorbed so much pony magic, that he was able to control every unicorn, pegasi and space pony he could affect with his power. Despite the fact he had no control over space alicorns, when an army of them tried to rush him, he deflected them all off like common flies.

Kudos couldn’t contain himself “Yes, let them have it!” he cried “This is what I’ve been waiting for; the perfect vengeance against all those who hurt me! Now the very magic they valued more will be their undoing!”

“What are we going to do?! What are we gonna?! WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO?!” cried Pinkie. “There’s not much we can do, our powers are still weak!” said Buddy Rose.

The ninja could hardly stand the sight of this, and she suddenly noticed a little colt that was stuck and crying for help and Tirek was slowly approaching him. She dashed straight off. “Wait!” cried Shining Armor “No, come back-- CADANCE!!”

“Cadance?!” the others all shouted in shock.

The little colt had his foot stuck under a rock and couldn’t shift it, and Tirek had finally reached him. The little colt screamed at the sight of the huge beast, to which he enjoyed. “Fear only amuses me more.” He hissed, and then he kicked up on his hind legs to stomp down hard on the helpless little pony, but the ninja swooped in and scooped him up at the last second and wall-kicked hard off the side of a house, springing in the opposite direction. “Insolent pest!” shouted Tirek “BLAZE OF DESTRUCTION”

“Watch out!” shouted Lightning. As the blast headed at the ninja, she sprang off a large tree to safety while the blast hit the tree on the hill disintegrating it and a good deal of the ground right near where Kudos was standing. “WATCH WHERE YOU’RE AIMING!!” he thundered.

The ninja set the colt down safely and motioned for him to run off to safety.

Kudos was growing really annoyed with Tirek’s attitude “Remember who your master is!”

Tirek turned and glared fiercely at Kudos, and laughed wickedly at him. Kudos suddenly began to feel all his anger fading into fear as the giant centaur moved in closer, still laughing at him. Kudos tripped over backwards.

“Foolish creature, you are no master of mine.” Tirek said “You served your purpose, and I now I have no further use for you.”

“What?!” snapped Kudos.

Tirek explained that when Cerberus abandoned his post in Tartarus of old, Tirek, although still imprisoned, had just the itty-bittiest ounce of magic to transfer a small part of his sprit to the outside world for a very short time. It was his hope that could find someone to manipulate into working for him to set him free. “I chose you because there was no one more pathetic enough. Your overdeveloped rage, and lust for revenge and power made you easy to manipulate.”

Kudos could hardly believe any of this, and he couldn’t find the nerves to speak. The friends all heard, and they were disgusted at Tirek. “He just played on his emotions, and used them to brainwash him?!” cried Rarity.

“Man, that is low, really low!” grumbled Spike.

Tirek just gazed furiously at the friends “You ponies are nothing but filth and slime, you brainwashed my brother with you friendship foolishness, eventually leading him to betray me, and I was sealed away.” He then gazed at Kudos “Now that you have done my bidding and released me, I am free to roam and fishing what I started. This world and all of its magic will belong to me!”

Kudos felt really distraught now, and he gazed sadly and shamefully at the ground “All this time-- I was betrayed by everyone I ever knew, and I finally thought I found someone who understood me, someone who could help me… only be betrayed again.”

“Betray?” Tirek chuckled “We were never comrades. How could I ever betray you?” He then raised his huge hand to squash him like a bug, and Kudos was too lost in his anguish to even move or notice.

“No!” shouted Lightning as he dashed over to try and save him.

“He’s not going to make it!” cried Artie!

“I can’t watch!” squealed Fluttershy.

Suddenly, a powerful barrier surrounded Kudos, stopping Tirek from crushing him. Everyone looked and then saw Grand Ruler standing proudly with his cape flowing majestically, and his golden horns glowing brighter than ever. “Master…!” cried Lightning.

His majesty nodded “I’ve ordered this entire area evacuated, you and the others go and help everyone. Go on, Lightning. I’ll hold this monster off.”

The friends agreed and ran off to get all the ponies in the village to safety.

Tirek glared at Grand Ruler and approached him. “You’re not like others; you have much power that I cannot absorb. You will have to be dealt with by more painful methods. I am Lord Tirek, master of magic.”

His majesty stood bravely and stared back at him, “…Grand Ruler Celesto.”

“Grand… Ruler… Celesto is it.”

“You remember me?”

“Not really... but when I add your name to my list of victims, I want to get it right.”

The two figures stood ready for battle, and then Tirek charged, and swung his fist. Grand Ruler dodged it. Then again, then he leapt up high and punched Tirek hard in the face, knocking him over.

While the two of them fought it out, the ponies were all working their hardest to get all the civilians to safety. The ninja actually helped them instead of resenting them, yet the others still had a hard time really believing if she was really Cadance. Nevertheless evacuation continued as ponies continued to stampede, in lines, into the fairies portals.

“Come on, keep moving, keep moving!” shouted Lightning.

Grand Ruler kicked Tirek hard, and rammed numerous punches into him. One-two, one-two, one-two!

Princess Luna and Goldwin were watching from the palace window. “Look at him go!” cried Goldwin “I guess his training really paid off.”

Celestia was growing edgy and wished she could be down there to help her husband or her subjects. Princess Luna gazed over at her “Fear not, sister, we must have faith.”

Celestia nodded, but she was growing edgy.

“Uh oh! Tirek’s getting up!” cried Goldwin.


Tirek had indeed sprung to his feet, and begun to power up his magic “BLAZE OF DESTRUCTION!”

Grand Ruler’s horns glowed brightly, and he countered the blast with his own magic, intercepting it and exploding it just like that, much to Tirek’s frustration. Grand Ruler then dashed out form the smoke, aiming a powerful kick straight at him, but Tirek swung his huge hand and swatted him hard and sent him crashing onto a food cart, breaking it to bits. He just lay where he was, perfectly still.

Tirek approached him, snickering. “If you believe that old play dead act can save you? You’re more foolish than I thought. I can still feel the magic within you.” He grabbed him in his hands and held him up. “I may not be able to absorb your powers, but I can be rid of you so you’ll not interfere again.”

That’s when Grand Ruler’s eyes snapped wide open, shooting a magical blast right at Tirek’s huge face, blinding him, and forcing him to release Grand Ruler, giving his majesty the chance to kick him hard in the chest, sending him skidding back hard.

“Having great power is one thing…” his majesty said “But what you do with them and how you use them is quite another. You knew I was going to strike, but you couldn’t tell when or how.”

Tirek went redder than ever, and charged furiously at Grand Ruler, he dodged and struck Tirek again, then again, and a third time. The two then engaged in a struggle, strength-to-strength. Tirek then powered up for another blast “What are you doing?!” snapped Grand Ruler “At this range you’ll injure us both!”

Tirek didn’t care and he continued to power up. Grand Ruler had no choice but to power up himself and his horns glowed brightly.

“BLAZE OF DESTRUCTION”

“TENFOLD… UNIFORCE”

Two forces collided in such an explosion, and at close range, knocked the two clear out of the village and into the open field, both of them seemed injured but not defeated. Tirek however, had another trick up his sleeve. “I must… gain… more magic.” he growled, and he raise d his hand up high shouting “COME TO ME!”

Grand Ruler gazed in horror at what he saw; Tirek was send out a wave of magic that stretched all across the planet, and every Equestrian pony that got hit got sapped of their powers, which was then transferred back to him, causing him to increase in size. Now he nearly as tall as the redwood trees and his horns nearly touched some of the clouds. Worse than that, his injuries were healing.

Tirek’s voice seemed louder than ever. “Take a good look at me now, pitiful pony! I have more power than ever before. A pity you cannot say the same for yourself.”

Grand Ruler clenched his fists and stood upright “As long as I can stand, I can still battle, for my planet.”

“How noble... BUT FOOLISH!” shouted Tirek as he raised his huge hand and brought it down. Grand Ruler dodged it, but Tirek smashed the ground so hard it caused a large tremor that could be felt all across the land.

The friends could feel it in village “What was that?” cried Shining Armor. The ninja panicked and pointed over far away. Everyone could see the giant centaur from where they stood. “Galloping Galaxies!” cried Lightning “What happened?!”

“I’ll bet’cha anythin’ it had to do with that power surge there was.” said Applejack.

“The Grand Ruler must need help!” said Spike. Not wishing to stall any longer, everyone dashed on, while up in the palace, Celestia could see Tirek right from her bed without being near the window. She and the others also felt the tremor. “This is very bad!” cried Celestia “Tirek has absorbed so much magic, he is becoming more powerful by the second. He must be stopped!”

“Agreed, but what is there that we can do?” asked Luna “We still do not possess our magic, and you are still too weak to do battle.”

“Never mind that…” cried Goldwin “Look down there!” Luna ran to the window and could see Lightning and friends dashing towards the battle, and they could also see Grand Ruler was taking quite a pounding.

Tirek flung him into to air, and bopped him hard off his back, without much effort, and any attack Grand Ruler tried hardly scratched Tirek all that much. He laughed hard and sneered “Sorry, but the tables have permanently turned.” and then he flicked him down to the ground.

Grand Ruler looked really beat, but he managed to get back onto his feet and glare up at the evil beast. “Don’t tell me you’re still trying to win…” hissed Tirek “Even the most incompetent of creatures will run from a losing battle as this.”

Grand Ruler sneered “Then I suppose it’s a good thing I am neither incompetent, nor willing to give up!”

“And you’re also not alone…” said Lightning. He and his team stood tall and proud behind his majesty, all glaring up at Tirek, and Tirek was amazed but also disgusted. “It was this sort attitude that made my brother side with the ponies; I will not be overcome by such stupidity.” He charged up his horns and poured on so much magic, ready to strike them, and the blast would be so strong, even if he missed, everything in its path would be horribly burned to a crisp. Fortunately Grand Ruler had an idea, and he gazed at Lightning and his team of space ponies “Transfer all you available power to me.”

Heeding his words, the space ponies transferred what tiny bits of magic they could spare, and his majesty’s horns glowed brighter than ever, just as Tirek launched his attack right at them, resulting in a massive explosion that shook the lands.

The ponies in the palace felt the tremor. “No!” cried Celestia “Are they…?”

Goldwin gazed through his telescope “Wait, I see something!”

Tirek panted exhaustingly for having used that much magic, but as the smoke cleared, what he saw he refused to believe, the magic was repelled right back at him, consuming him in another explosion.

The smoke had cleared, and it turned out that Grand Ruler had managed to conjure a super powerful barrier, unlike any other he had conjured, and it not only shielded him and the others from the blast, it defected it right back at Tirek.

However, Grand Ruler now felt extremely weak, and he collapsed to his knees. “Master…! Lightning cried as he caught him. “I’ll be fine…” his majesty said “I just need to rest.”

“You did it!” cried Lightning “…He’s gone, you beat him!”

“I wouldn’t bet on that!” shouted Tirek, and everyone gasped in shock as the smoke cleared. “No way!” cried Rainbow.

“Can it be?
Is it he!” snapped Rhymey

Tirek was still there, a little smaller in size now, but still gigantic enough to flatten them all. “That little stunt of yours did take me by surprise, I’ll admit, but all you managed to do was weaken some of my great power. I still have more than enough to flatten you all like insects!”

Even Grand Ruler couldn’t believe this, and now he didn’t have enough power to fight back. Lightning and the team still couldn’t transform or even use simple attacks with their energies so low.

“What are we going to do!” cried Fluttershy.

“There’s nothing we can do!” added Krysta.

Topaz considered warping them all to safety, but it wouldn’t have mattered. There wouldn’t be any safe place to go. “No, I don’t believe this is It.” said Lightning “There has to be something we can try.” but really none of the others could think of anything, yet all of them were desperately hoping and believing there was a way.

Even back at the palace, hope was rapidly fading. “They’re just standing there!” cried Goldwin.

“They must have used up all their power!” said Luna.

Celestia felt her blood run cold, and she refused to accept this was how it was going end. “There must… be… a way.” she peeped.

Tirek was preparing for one final attack; the kill! “And now, the final ordeal; it’s been fun…”

Starla gripped Lightning’s hand tightly, and he gripped hers.

“Rhymey!” cried Fluttershy. She was shaking very badly, and her colt-friend embraced her.

“I am scared too…” he said softly, and there was only one thing he could rhyme with that. “Fluttershy… I love you.”

They embraced deeply.

Many of the others felt this was it. Pinkie Pie even pulled a cupcake out of her pocket. “My last one ever!” she cried, and ate it in one chomp, “Mmm, tasty!”

Rarity had tears of extreme woe and despair in her eyes, and Spike felt his own coming on. He decided now was the time, or he’d never get another chance. “Rarity… I…wanted to say--” but before he could say anything else, Rarity hugged him deeply “Spike…” she cried. All he could do was hug her back. “At least we’ll die together.” he mumbled.

The ninja could hardly believe this herself. After all her intense training, and all her new magic, it failed her. Shining Armor gripped her hand and gazed at her bravely yet sorrowfully, feeling this was the end. She held his hands, and though she didn’t speak, he knew she was trying to say “I love you, and I’m sorry.” and she embraced him.

At that moment, her horn began to glow under her suit, so did Shining Armor’s horn, and the medallion began to glow brighter than ever before. “What’s this?!” snapped Tirek “That light…! It cannot be?!”

The medallion glowed brighter than ever, and fired a massive beam of light at Tirek stunning him and binding him tightly. “What’s happening?” Pinkie asked, and then the medallion fired six multicolored beams of light, five of them at the Equestrian ponies in the group, and the sixth flew straight at the palace, into the bedroom, and struck Celestia.

“Sister!” Luna peeped, but astonishingly, Celestia was glowing brightly almost like a Crystal Pony, and she levitated out of bed. “Your majesty?” cried Goldwin as Celestia soared out the window; as if she were fully recovered.

All five Equestrian ponies were glowing just as she was when she arrived on the scene, and then, the symbols appeared on their foreheads. “The Elements of Harmony!” cried Shining Armor. The one magic that Tirek could never absorb from them was beginning to show a whole new power as the six mares began to transform in front of everyone.

They all now looked like Valkyries, complete with extra armor; headbands, skirts and capes, and they were still glowing softly. They were even armed with swords, and shields that had each specific element marking on it.

“Incredible!” cried Grand Ruler.

“Cool...” added Lightning.

All the others added their comments on their friends appearances, and Spike, he never thought Rarity could ever look more beautiful. Just the sight of her made him go completely numb.

The Valkyries flapped their wings, flying high up. Tirek gazed at them, and Celestia spoke deeply “In the name of harmony, it is time that we stripped you of the magic you abused.”

Tirek managed to break free from the magic that bound him. “You dare deny me of what is rightfully mine?! I’ll show you abuse!” he thundered, and launched another blaze at them, but the Valkyries raised their shields, which were glowing bright, intercepting the attack and deflecting it right back at him.

Tirek roared and screeched as the attack hit him. Then, holding their swords high, and then standing in a circle in midair, the Valkyries spun around, and around, and around, glowing brighter than ever before, and then then one-by-one, they soared towards Tirek slashing him hard.

Rarity: “Generosity!”

Rainbow: “Loyalty!”

Pinkie Pie: “Laughter!”

Fluttershy: “Kindness!”

Applejack: “Honesty!”

Celestia: “Magic!” her attack did much more damage, and bound Tirek tightly with the magical energies. Now, the Valkyries were ready for their final, really big attack. Standing all together, and holding their swords out front, the tips all touching; the blades began to glow as a large ball of rainbow-light formed. “COSMIC POWERS OF HARMONY!!” the ladies shouted, and launched their beam straight at Tirek.

The vile villain roared as his body was engulfed in the light. Everyone else shielded their eyes as the brightness seemed to spread out all across the planet like a big wave.

All across the planet, every single pony that got hit by this ray had gotten their magic and cutie mark back, along with any other ability they had stolen from them. Even the collateral damages were magically repaired.

Grand Ruler was healed completely, as well as Lightning and the others, and the ninja, her clothes had vanished, revealing she was indeed Princess Cadance, leaving her in her normal clothes.

When the light had faded, Tirek was surprisingly still alive, but after all that and losing his magic, he was a very small, and very weak and frail. The Valkyries were also no longer Valkyries, but wearing their casual clothes. “It’s over…” said Celestia.

Tirek twitched twice, and actually managed to struggle to his feet. “This… is not… over!” he groaned “I can gather more magic… and I’ll strike… AGAIN…!”

“I don’t think you will.” said a voice that made everyone wince in shock. “That voice!” cried Lightning.

“Can it be…?” added Celestia.

A bright tube of light shone down from the skies, and she appeared; Twilight’s angel-corn.

“Sis!” cried Shining Armor. Everyone gazed in deep feeling of joyful and slight sorrowful emotion to see her again. She smiled at them all, and then gazed down at Tirek. “I think enough is enough, Tirek. Isn’t it time for you to admit defeat?”

“Never!” growled Tirek “Why should I, anyways?”

“Because... it’s the honorable thing to do, brother.” said another voice, and there, next to Twilight appeared the spirit of Scorpan. Everyone gazed at him in awe, and he bowed to everyone, especially to Celestia, and she bowed back to him. “Lord Scorpan, my teacher!” cried Cadance.

“Your teacher…?” Shining Armor asked in confusion. Scorpan nodded at them both and smiled proudly at Cadance.

“You!” snarled Tirek “What do you want?!”

Scorpan gazed down at his brother, in pity. “Tirek, do you know why it was I came to accept the ponies ways?”

“...No.”

Scorpan went on to explain…

As much as he once did believe that power and magic were the only things that mattered, he began to feel rather unfulfilled, and that led to his eyes being opened to the truth. “The ponies began to show me how life could be even without the use of much magic. At first I didn’t believe them, but when I saw how wonderful their lives truly were, and there wasn’t as much pain being inflicted upon me nor on them… that’s how I began to change.”

He then befriended the pony wizard, who was very impressed by his change of heart that he took him on rather as a part-time apprentice, and he taught one of the special secrets of the elements of harmony, and the special hidden power they possessed; the Valkyrie magic.

“I had always hoped, Tirek that you would come round to my way of thinking. Sadly, you did not, and you left me with no choice.” Most of the story was history, and Tirek hadn’t forgotten his betrayal, and his being sealed away. “Some brother you are; leaving me all alone that way!”

“Believe me…” said Scorpan “What I did pierced my own heart as well, but I knew what I was doing was right, and I also suspected the possibility of your escape, and I planned for that.”

He explained how his medallion had been enchanted by the pony-wizard, and served as the key to unlocking the power of the Valkyries of Harmony. Only he and the wizard knew of this secret, and hoped its power would never be needed.

Still, Scorpan decided that upon the time of his death, he sealed his spirit away into the medallion, hiding it well, in hopes that someone would one day be guided to him. That someone turned out to be Cadance. “I know naught of what it really was that brought her to me, or how she was able to find me, but I knew I could trust her, and so our training began.”

Cadance trained really hard, strengthening her skills and powers well, and Scorpan was finally ready to bestow upon her the ninja suit he had conjured in life. It would help her training go more smoothly and intensify her skills and powers; unfortunately she had lost her ability to speak, for ninjas were often silent and stealthy. However, Cadance was badly distraught, and felt she needed to destroy Kudos in order to end her obvious suffering.

Cadance admitted this true. “I had more nightmares, those voices told me… "Destroy the phantom of magic, and you will be set free from your curse.”

The others all sighed, and Lightning informed her again. “Cadance, you are not cursed! We’ve all been worried sick about you.”

“Especially me…” said Shining Armor “Honey, I’ve spent many sleepless nights wondering where you were, and why you wouldn’t come home. I don’t what you think about yourself, I love you!”

This brought tears to Cadance’s eyes and she hugged her husband warmly. Tirek gazed at them strangely and thought of something he hadn’t before “Perhaps… magic and power… really aren’t… the only things that matter.”

Scorpan smiled “You see now. That was the true key to awakening the power. Not just rigorous training and focusing, but the power I was happy to share with all my pony friends; love.”

Everyone thought that was most beautiful thing ever.

Scorpan then gazed at Tirek “It is time, my brother; come with me. My time has long since passed in this world, and yours is nearly up as well. Come with me, and be free of all the evil and misjudgment you’ve been poisoned with.”

Tirek didn’t know what to say. “After what I have done, you are showing me kindness and mercy?”

Twilight approached him and held out her hand “Come on, Tirek. I know it seems scary, but you’re going to love it.” Tirek then got up and took her hand, and stepped into the light. Twilight gazed at all her friends and loved ones “It’s time for us to go.” she said “I love you all.”

Everyone gazed at her lovingly, and watched as she and the others floated back up into the sky. “Farewell my friends, and good luck in the battles ahead.” Those were Scorpan’s final words as the light faded.




Kudos just sulked where sat. His magic had not returned, as it was originally Tirek's magic that vanquished along with Tirek's evil might.

“I don’t get it. How could this happen! I spent all those years gathering magic, I unleash Lord Tirek, and he betrays me, and he is defeated in any case.” His eyes were starting to open as well, but to a completely different thing.

“Kudos…” Lightning said. He looked over his shoulder and saw everyone staring at him “What do you all want?!” he snarled rudely “You got what you wanted; I lost and you won. So do me a favor and just leave me alone!”

Celestia approached him, “I think it’s obvious that you haven’t learned anything from what just happened. I’d say that is a shame.”

Kudos got up angrily and snarled at her “I tell you what I’ve learned; I’ve learned that no matter what I try, no matter where I go, no matter what I say or do; I’ll never, ever be happy!”

“That’s not true!” snapped Pinkie “There’s always another chance, and there will always be someone there who’s willing to be your friend, maybe even us.”

Kudos winced in shock. “What… you?”

One-by-one, everyone offered a bit of word; it was impossible to deny and excuse that Kudos had done some very horrible things, and he would have to face sentence for it, but at least is was understandable why he did what he did. Nobody deserved to go through what he had, and they were still willing to help him. “Kudos, we know you may not see it now, but we care enough to know when someone needs help; if they are willing.” said Lightning “And we’re willing to give you that chance, but the question is are you willing?”

Kudos stepped back away from them all, “Of course I’m not willing to. Why should I?” he grumbled “Don’t you get it by now? I’ve tried, and I’ve tried, and now… I’m done with trying. Friendship never got me anywhere, and I don’t trust it or any of you at all.”

“What are you saying?” Starla asked with concern in her voice.

“I’m saying I’m done.” said Kudos “Since there’s no one left I rely on, there’s no one left whom I can blame. The time has come for me to accept my defeat... as well as my fate! There is just no place for me here anymore, and never will be.” He then threw off his hat, let his cape drop, and threw off his mask “I wish you all the best of luck, you’re going to need It.” and he began to walk off sadly.

“Wait, where are you going?” Spike called out. Kudos then levitated up in the air, and using the last of his powers, he opened a strange and eerie vortex-gateway, and he answered, “…Someplace where things go to disappear.”

Everyone gasped in horrors, and many of them begged and screamed for him not to do it, but Kudos had already jumped into the vortex, and he vanished along with it, never to seen or heard from again. “The crazy fool…!” Lightning muttered.

“He chose to destroy himself than let us help him.” said Starla.

All the others couldn't help but look and feel a little rejected. Kudos hated them all that much that he was willing to end his life if it meant no longer putting up with them.


All the ponies returned home, and over the next few days, things were normal again. Even each Berry and Fire Ball returned. They had a long talk about everything, and Fire Ball still loved Peach too much to really care much about most everything, however, they both now felt extremely guilty, Peach especially. Kudos was gone, and in many ways they both played a major role in the whole thing, especially Peach again.

All her husband could do, was comfort her.



Now there was only one thing left to do. “I believe it is time I gave back what I hold.” Grand Ruler said. Shining Armor, the sisters, Pinkie and Fluttershy stood together, and in the same magical transfer, they got magic, skills and cutie marks back. Celestia and Luna’s manes and tails got their sparkle and fluttering back as well.

“That’s much better.” Celestia said.

Everyone felt so overjoyed, and yet, this was still no time to really celebrate. Even with Kudos and Tirek gone, and the magic restored, the planet was still in danger!




(Promo)

In our next episode; In desperation, Neila appeals to the Dark King for a magical key to a powerful gateway. She then travels back to the past where she attempts to trap all the ponies inside a magical realm of darkness with just her and her latest cardinal.

In this dark realm, the evil magic is intensified and puts the trapped heroes at a serious disadvantage.

How can the ponies escape from this trap?

Don’t miss the next exciting episode of “Starfleet Magic!”

(Next Episode: “Rat’s Dark Trap”)

Author's Note:

"He rejected their offers of help and friendship and chose to end his life because he hated them that much and was not willing to trust them"

THAT... is what I mean by "Friendship is Failure": the inability to reach out to someone or convince them to change their ways. Something I prefer to see more of in MLP itself. (Hence why I make these fics)