• Published 9th Apr 2017
  • 784 Views, 159 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling Finale: Endgame - Bahamut0



Blitz has returned, but this time he's not alone. Burst and his friends are going to need to pull out all their best cards! This is their endgame!

  • ...
7
 159
 784

Duel 21: Ignite Your Heart Inferno!

Burst had called for his friends to assemble after the latest duel. "Okay. How about each of you recap the progress of your former-villain relatives? I think it's best if we keep track."

"I'll go first.", Tyrannus said. "My parents finished removing the dinosaur DNA from Evo. He'll have memory loss from the past, but that's probably for the best if you think about it in the long run."

"Dad's back to normal.", Nightfall said with a smile. "However, he's been confined to the couch in terms of sleepin arrangements."

"Shogun's back home and leading my clan now.", Akage answered. "So things are good on my end."

"Ignoble won't be coming back period.", North said with a nod. "I saw to that."

Steel shrugged. "Eh. Aneris wasn't working for Blitz, and he just poofed out of existence. So I'd say we shouldn't worry about him."

"Skyfall faded away with a smile.", Gold said with a smile. "I'm glad I've moved on from that chapter of my life."

Burst nodded. "Looks like Blitz's plan has backfired so far. But..." Burst then looked at Inferno. "You're the only left who hasn't been targeted."

Inferno scratched his head. "Huh. I thought for sure he'd have sicked a minion on me. Especially since I helped you take down Abyss."

"Or maybe she just had to find you.", Nova answered. Burst and the guys were shocked! None of Blitz's minions had ever had the guts to just up and confront them in public! "I bet you're all wondering why I'm making myself known in the open. Well, I'm not a fan of shadows and darkness. I am Nova Flare..." Nova then pointed at Inferno. "And I've come to defeat you Inferno! That should free Burst and his friends from your dark influence! You and your Red-Eyes will be judged by my light!"

Inferno blinked. "Are you crazy?! Blitz is the badguy, not me! Just because I have dark power doesn't make me a villain!"

"SILENCE!", Nova hissed! "All creatures of darkness are nothing more than vile beasts! Hiding in the shadows, spreading deceit! But worst of all is their passions! Their spirits are consumed with drive and ambition! But don't worry. I'll soon purify you and your Red-Eyes!"

"You MUST be joking.", Inferno said with a groan. "Everything's got a passion! Even you with your misguided crusade! Maybe the reason some monsters stick to the darkness is to avoid people like you who are so eager to condemn them just because they come from a place no one understands! And I've fought against villains who use darkness! Total light, total darkness, either is horrible because the whole world is walking around blind! But if my words can't teach you that..." Inferno slipped out his duel disk and deck. "..Then I'll let my cards do the talking!"

Nova activated her own duel disk. "Very well. But by the end of this duel, you will see the light..."

Rarity and the other girls gathered to see Inferno squaring off against Nova. Rarity clutched her chest. Please darling. Make it out of this duel safe.

Nova: 8000
Inferno: 8000

"Ladies first.", Inferno said with a nod.

"How polite. I should've expected such charm from one who uses darkness.", Nova said with a cold smile. "I summon The Black Stone of Legend. Now I tribute him to special summon Red-Eyes Black Dragon from my deck!" A pillar of flame shot up on Nova's field, and a Red-Eyes soon took the field!

Inferno was shocked! "What?! But you say you hate DARK monsters! Why are you using a Red-Eyes deck?"

"Because my Red-Eyes have seen the light! As you're about to find out! I play the spell card Awakening Nova! By tributing a 'Red-Eyes' monster, I can special summon a new dragon to the field!" A pillar of white flame engulfed Nova's Red-Eyes! "I summon Red-Eyes Nova Dragon!" A Red-Eyes with brilliant white scales and pink flaming wings took Nova's field! "Now I'll activate her effect! I can banish one DARK attribute monster from my hand or graveyard and you take damage equal to half that monster's attack points! I'll banish the Red-Eyes I tributed!"

Inferno cringed as flames licked away at his life points! "AGH!"

"The only drawback is that she can't attack after she uses this effect. So I end my turn with a face-down."

Nova: 8000
Inferno: 6800

Looks like her monster can burn away a good chunk of my life points! But it's still got the standard attack of a Red-Eyes Black Dragon! Time for me to light up this duel!, Inferno thought! "I draw! I play Red-Eyes Fusion! I'll send the fusion materials listed on a fusion monster that had 'Red-Eyes' as a material!" A pillar of flame appeared on Inferno's field! "I send Summoned Skull and Red-Eyes Black Dragon to the graveyard to fusion summon Archfiend Black Skull Dragon!" Archfiend Black Skull let out a mighty roar as soon as he hit the field! "Now I'll attack your monster!" Archfiend Black Skull brought his fist down on Red-Eyes Nova, but she was still on the field! And Nova hadn't taken any damage! "WHAT?!"

Nova smiled. "Do you like Red-Eyes Nova's effect? She can't be destroyed by battle with DARK monsters and I take no battle damage, and any DARK monster she battles is banished during the end phase!"

Inferno smiled. "Maybe...but Archfiend's effect still activates! I'll shuffle Red-Eyes back into my deck to deal his attack points as damage!" Nova cringed as flames crashed into her life points. "And then I'll end my turn with a face-down." Inferno then looked to Archfiend Black Skull as the dragon vansihed in a white light. "I'm sorry I couldn't keep you on the field longer buddy...."

Nova: 5600
Inferno: 6800

"Don't be sad. When I purify you, you and your dragon will be reunited.", Nova said with a smile. "Now then, I draw!" Nova smiled at the cards in her hand. "I'll have Red-Eyes Nova attack you directly! Nova Flare Blast!" A white blast of flame shot from Red-Eyes Nova's mouth! Wiping out a good chunk of Inferno's life points and knocking him to the ground! "I know the light hurts right now. But the pain will end soon."

Nova: 5600
Inferno: 4400

Does she really think I'm gonna call it quits? I live for duels that are close!, Inferno thought as he got to his feet. "Hate to break it to you Nova, but all you've done is motivate me to duel harder!" Inferno drew his next card! "I play the spell card Red-Eyes Insight! This lets me ditch a Red-Eyes monster from my hand or deck to the graveyard! I'll send a Red-Eyes monster from my hand! Then I can add a Red-Eyes spell or trap from my deck to my hand!" Inferno searched his deck for the card he was looking for! "Here we go! I activate another Red-Eyes Fusion! I'll send Red-Eyes Black Flare Dragon and Meteor Dragon Red-Eyes Impact from my hand and deck to fusion summon Meteor Black Comet Dragon!" A dragon with fiery wings took Inferno's field and let out a fearsome roar! "Now that he's been fusion summoned, his effect activates! I can send a Red-Eyes monster from my deck to the graveyard to deal effect damage equal to half that monster's attack points! I'll send Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon to deal you 1400 in damage!" Nova winced as flames licked away at her life points! "I end my turn."

Nova: 4200
Inferno: 4400

Nova frowned. "It's time I put an end to this. I activate my trap! Nova eruption! This banishes all DARK attribute monsters you control and deals you 1000 points of damage for each one you control!" Inferno winced as a flare of white light erupred from Nova's field and banished Meteor Black Comet Dragon! "Now...BE BATHED IN THE GLORIOUS LIGHT!" Red-Eyes Nova then unleashed a mighty blast of white-hot flame into Inferno's life points! The blast engulfed him completely!

"INFERNO!", Rarity screamed! When the light faded, Inferno's skin and hair had turned white and his eyes were a dull grey.

Nova smiled. "You are all free now! He has been purified. I end my turn."

Nova: 4200
Inferno: 1000

Rarity ran over to Inferno and grabbed onto him! "Inferno! Inferno are you alright?!"

Inferno blinked before smiling and speaking in a calm voice. "I feel fine Rarity. In fact, I feel better. Now I can have a calm life. I no longer need to get so worked up over dueling anymore. In fact, I think I'll quit the game right now..." Rarity was horrified!

"Don't you DARE say that!" Rarity then glared at Nova! "What have you done to him?! What did you do?!" Nova was puzzled. Shouldn't they all be thanking her for purifying their friend. Rarity then began to shake Inferno! "Inferno, listen to me! You can't give up dueling! You just can't! It's what you love to do above all else! It's your passion! That fiery spirit...IT'S WHY I LOVE YOU!" Tears began to fall from Rarity's eyes as she fell to her knees. "Please darling....don't let the fire in your heart die...."

Inside Inferno's heart...

is this really light?, Inferno thought as he lay drifting in his heart. It feels so cold....so lonely....I feel like my entire being is fading away. Is this how it's gonna end for me? Just as Inferno was about to close his eyes, something got his attention! A spec of darkness? But...it's shining. What is it? Inferno floated over to the spec and started to hear Rarity's voice.

Inferno., Rarity's voice said. Are you really going to abandon your passion, the thing you love, so easily?

No...I'd never! But...it's so cold..., Inferno answered. I...I don't know if I can come back from this...

Rarity's voice changed to a loving tone. You can darling! I KNOW you can! You only need to reignite the fire in your heart! Just remember why you duel, and who you duel for! Remember me...

Inferno smiled and reached out for the spec of shining darkness! A flaming aura appeared around him! Back in the real world, a brilliant red aura surrouned Inferno as he sprouted his dragon wings and held Rarity close! His hair, skin, and eyes had returned to normal and his eyes blazed with a new found fire! Rarity smiled as Inferno looked down at her lovingly. "I knew you'd find that fire again..."

Inferno smiled. "Out of all my passions, you're the one that ignites my soul." Nova was in shock!

"You...WHY IS YOUR AURA OF DARKNESS SHINING?!", Nova screamed!

"Because it doesn't matter where you draw from. Any attribute can be used for good. As long as you let your inner light burn strong! Let me show you just how bright my darkness shines! I draw!" Inferno smiled. "Now to end this! I play Black Stone of Legend and tribute him to special summon Red-Eyes Black Dragon! Then I play Harmony Absolute! I tribute Red-Eyes to summon Red-Eyes Absolute Dragon!" Red-Eyes Absolute appeared in a pillar of flame! His meteor ore armor shining on the field! "Now for his effect! I can target and destroy one monster on my opponent's field! Then they take that monster's attack points as damage!" Red-Eyes Absolute snapped his fingers and a column of flame incinerated Red-Eyes Nova Dragon! Nova Flare shielded herself as flames licked away at her life points! "Then I'll end my turn."

Nova: 2000
Inferno: 1000

Was I wrong?, Nova thought to herself as she tried to draw a new card. If any attribute and monster can have inner light, isn't it also possible that darkness can come from anywhere? Could it be that...I was the one doing wrong? Nova's thoughts reflected on all the past dark monsters she'd 'purified'. Each one cried out for mercy. Each one looked at her in fear and pain. "I...I pass."

Inferno smiled. "Then it's time to end this. You know what to Red-Eyes." Red-Eyes Absolute nodded. "Time to test out that new attack." Red-Eyes Absolute gathered energy, and unleashed a dome of rainbow-colored flame that bathed the field in brilliant light! Nova watched in awe! "Do you get it now?"

Nova nodded. "Yes. Blitz is the true evil. I should have known from the dark nature in him."

"At least you were smart enough to realize your mistake.", Burst said with a smile. "That's more than I can say for Blitz." Burst's thoughts then turned to his 'brother'. Blitz. Whatever you've got planned, I've got a feeling it's going to lead to only one of us standing.