• Published 9th Apr 2017
  • 783 Views, 159 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling Finale: Endgame - Bahamut0



Blitz has returned, but this time he's not alone. Burst and his friends are going to need to pull out all their best cards! This is their endgame!

  • ...
7
 159
 783

Duel 9: Upgrade Part 4

Dark Gear scowled as he looked at the monitor. His son had been reduced to a waekling. "Looks like I'll have to escalate my tactics." Dark Gear snapped his fingers, and an army of Ancient Gear Monsters appeared. "All right you mechs. We have a school to march on."

Back at CHS...

Nightfall had just finished recounting the events that had occurred. "And now, here we are. One more bit of information that you might like to hear. My father said Blitz would help him achieve his ambition."

Burst narrowed his eyes. "First ther was Tyrannus's brother. Now it's your dad. That confirms my hunch."

Inferno was confused. "Burst, what are you saying?"

Burst let out a sigh. "Blitz is targeting each of you in the hopes of demoralizing me. That way he can crush me when I'm sad. So far, it's been backfiring. Especially since Tyrannus has come out stronger for it. In fact, I think you'll be gaining power soon as well Night."

"You mean my own Absolute card?", Night asked.

Burst nodded. "It's very likely. However, I suggest we keep our guard up. No telling when we'll be attacked next."

Steel then tapped Burst on the shoulder. "Guys? I think that might be now." Burst and his friends' eyes went wide as they saw an army of Ancient Gear monsters marching towards CHS. "Looks like this is gonna be a busy morning." The guys summoned their Duelist Arms.

"You guys handle these drones.", Nightfall said as he summoned his own Duelist Arms. He then gazed at his father waiting on a mobile platform. "I'll handle my dad."

"Not alone you won't.", Twilight said as she put a hand on Nightfall's shoulder.

"Didn't say I would.", Night shot back with a smile. "Come on out Cyber Dragon!" Nightfall and Twilight flew on Cyber Dragon over to the platform where Dark Gear was waiting. "My friends ar sending your army to the scrap heap. Now it's just me and my girlfriend against you."

Dark Gear chuckled. "So you've chosen to stay obsolete. So be it." Dark Gear activated the duel disk that was integrated into his arm.

Nightfall and Twilight: 16000
Dark Gear: 16000

"I got the first move!" Night looked over his card. Looks like I've got a pretty good start! "Alright! I summon Proto-Cyber Dragon! Then I play Polymerization to fuse it with the Cyber Dragon in my hand! I fusion summon Cyber Twin Dragon!" A Cyber Dragon with two heads took the field in a flash of light! Then I'll set a card and end my turn!" You're not hacking me again Dad!

"Hmph. You still cling to that out-dated piece of scrap?", Dark Gear asked with a frown. "Still, it possesses a strength that I can't bestow upon my own machines no matter how much dark magic I infuse them with. Maybe I shall dissect Cyber after I delete you and Twilight. Time for you to meet my own ultimate monster! First I'll play Terraforming to add the field spell Geartown! Now I play the spell card Ancient Gear Catapult to destroy my own field! Now that Gaertown's been destroyed, I can special summon an Ancient Gear monster from my hand, deck, or graveyard! Also, Catapult's effect lets me special summon another Ancient Gear Monster from my deck ignoring its summoning conditions! I'll use Geartown's effect to special summon Ancient Gear Gadget! Then I'll use Catapult's effect to special summon Ancient Gear Wyvern! Now Wyvern's effect activates! I can add one Ancient Gear monster from my deck to my hand!" Dark Gear smiled when he saw the monster he wanted to add. "Now I tribute my two monsters to bring out the ultimate machine of my deck! Ancient Gear Reactor Dragon! Activate!" A mechanical dragon took the field! It's core was pulsating with energy! "Now I'll have him attack Cyber Twin Dragon! And like all Ancient Gears, his effect keeps you from activating your card effects until the end of the damage step! However, because I tributed a 'Gadget' monster, Reactor gains another effect! He can make a second attack each battle phase! Go! Ancient Reactor Blast!" Nightfall cringed as Cyber Twin Dragon was annihilated! "Now for another strike!"

"AGH!", Nightfall screamed as he took the full force of Ancient Gear Reactor Dragon's attack!

Dark Gear sneered. "What's wrong? I thought you and your next-gen Cyber Dragons would put up a better fight."

Nightfall and Twilight: 12700
Dark Gear: 16000

"It's not over until the last card's drawn!", Twilight shot back. "Your monster can prevent activations when he's attacking, but now it's my turn! I draw! I play Dark Magical Circle! This lets me look at the top three cards of my deck! Then I can reveal one Dark Magician or one spell or trap card with Dark Magician in its text and add it to my hand! Then I can place the remaining two cards back on top in any order!" Twilight added the card to her hand and placed the other two cards back at the top of her deck. "Then I'll play Dark Magic Veil! I pay 1000 life points to special summon a DARK spellcaster-tyepe monster from my hand! I special summon Dark Magician! Now Dark Magical Circle's effect activates! Since Dark Magician was normal or special summoned to my field, I can target and banish one monster you control! I choose Ancient Gear Reactor Dragon!" Dark Gear stared in shock as his monster faded from the field! "Now I'll activate the card I added! Dark Magic Expanded! I can activate one of its effects depending on how many Dark Magicians are on the field or in the graveyards! There's one, so one DARK spellcaster on my field gains 1000 attack points! Attack him directly! Dark Magic Attack!"

"Analyze this!", Dark Magician cried out as he fired a gigantic blast of magic at Dark Gear's life points!

"I'll set a card and end my turn."

Nightfall and Twilight: 11700
Dark Gear: 12500

Dark Gear frowned. "You may have gotten rid of Ancient Gear Reactor Dragon, but he's far from the strongest monster in my possession! I draw!" Dark Gear smiled. "And now it's time to unleash it! I play the spell card Soul Charge! I pay 1000 life points per monster I want to revive from the graveyard! I'll revive Ancient Gear Reactor Dragon, Gadget, and Wyvern! Then I'll summon Ancient Gear Hunting Hound! Since he was summoned, you take 600 points of damage!" Nightfall and Twilight braced themselves as gears struck their life points! "Now I'll use Hunting Hound's effect! I'll fuse all four of my Ancient Gear monsters to fusion summon Ancient Gear Chaos Giant!" Ancient Gear Chaos Giant landed with a mighty thud!

"Twilight! Spells and traps won't work!", Nightfall warned! "This is the same card that trashed me when I first took him on! Monster effects won't work either! Chaos Giant prevents them from activating their effects during the battle phase!"

"Your warning shall save no one!", Dark Gear hissed! "Chaos Giant! Destroy Dark Magician!"

"AAAHHH!", Twilight screamed as Dark Magician was trashed by a single punch from Ancient Gear Chaos Giant!

"Another monster deleted.", Dark Gear said with a smirk. "I end my turn."

Nightfall and Twilight: 9700
Dark Gear: 8500

Nightfall groaned as he and Twilight rose to their feet. "If there's anything good about this, it's that we've got the advantage in life points. But I'm not giving in yet!" Nightfall drew his next card! I'm sorry I've gotta put you through this Cyber! "I special summon Cyber Dragon in defense mode since you control a monster and I don't! I end my turn."

Dark Gear sneered. "Fool. He won't be able to protect you! Ancient Gear Chaos Giant can inflict piercing damage when he attacks a defense mode monster! Smash Cyber Dragon into scrap metal!" Chaos Giant brought his foot down! Crushing Cyber Dragon! Night cringed in pain! Not only from the damage, but the destruction of his monster partner! "I end my turn. And soon, this duel shall end."

Nightfall and Twilight: 6800
Dark Gear: 8500

There's not a monster in our decks that can beat that thing in terms of attack points!, Twilight thought! Then, a rainbow-colored flash went off on top of her deck! "What?" Twilight drew the card and smiled. "You're right! This duel is going to end! And we're going to be the ones who win it! I play the spell card Magician's Harmony! I banish Dark Magician from my graveyard! A pillar of purple light appeared on Twilight's field! "I summon Dark Magician of Harmony!" Dark Magician descended from the pillar wearing a sleeveless robe and was without his hat leaving his hair flowing in the wind! He was also wearing two purple gauntlets on either arm and had no rod! "Now for his effect! I can send one DARK spellcaster from my hand to the graveyard! Then I can banish one monster my opponent controls!"

"Time to pull a disappearing act!", Dark Magician said with a confident smile as a magical circle appeared under Ancient Gear Chaos Giant! Causing the machine to vanish from the field!

"I'm not done yet! Go! Harmony Dark Magic Attack!", Twilight commanded! Dark Magician of Harmony fired a dark magic attack with a rainbow aura right at Dark Gear's life points! "I end my turn."

Nightfall and Twilight: 6800
Dark Gear: 4000

"I...still...function!", Dark Gear roared as he struggled to stand! "How? What keeps driving you?! How did you manage to turn the tide?! What makes you stand after near defeat?!"

"It's our spirit.", Night replied.

"How...how can I learn this? What technology can instill that upon me?!", Dark Gear demanded!

"It's not something you learn. It's something you're born with.", Nightfall replied. "One of the things you told me to never forget is that machines can only advance humanity so much! It's the human spirit that drives us to improve! Distancing yourself from humanity hasn't perfected you! It's made you a shell!" Night then noticed the glowing card on top of his deck! "Let me show you just how strong my spirit and Cyber Dragon's is! I play the spell card Absolute Network! This lets me target two monsters with the same level in my deck and overlay them to summon an xyz monster whose rank is two ranks higher than their levels! I overlay two Cyber Dragons from my deck! A swirling galaxy appeared on the floor and Nightfall's monsters flew into it! "I xyz summon Cyber Absolute Dragon!" A new Cyber Dragon with mechanical wings on his sides appeared! Instead of the raging appearance the other xyz versions of Cyber Dragon had, this one had a sleek and serene look to it. "Now I activate his effect! By detaching an overlay unit, I can double his attack points! End this Cyber Absolute! Absolute Evolution Burst!" Cyber Dragon fired a rainbow-colored laser from his mouth! Wiping out the last of Dark Gear's life points! However, the battle was far from over!

"I'm not offline yet...", Dark Gear growled as his body began to twist and shift so that it looked like he had fused with Chaos Ancient Gear Giant! "This time, you'll be deleted!" Dark Gear brought his fist down, but Nightfall grabbed Twilight and the two rolled out of the way!

"Time for an upgrade of my own!" Night summoned Cyber Dragon! "Alright! Let's see what us fusing can do!"

Cyber Dragon nodded. "Oh! We should yell that thing Blueblood cries out whenever he puts on a Masked HERO costume!"

Nightfall nodded. "HENSHIN!" Cyber Dragon fused with Nightfall in a flash of light! Nightfall then stood in armor modelled after Cyber Dragon! The armor was a brilliant silver while the visor was a bright yellow! Nightfall then summoned his Duelist Arms! "Cyber Blade!" Nightfall pressed a button on the side of his blaser and the blaster split open and ignited an energy blade! "Time to shut you down!" Nightfall charged at Dark Gear! Dark Gear swatted at Nightfall, but he jumped over Dark Gear's arm and slashed away at the arm! Dark Gear then brought his fist down, but Nightfall brought up a shield using the generator in one of his gloves! Nightfall then used the laser on one of his gauntlets to strike Dark Gear in the core! Dark Gear went wild and started swinging at Nightfall! That is, until Twilight summoned her own Duelist Arm and fired a blast of magic! Knocking Dark Gear to the ground!

"Night!", Cyber Dragon alerted! "I've isolated what's affecting your father! It's the Cyberdark energy! If we can purge it, he'll return to normal!"

"But how do we do that?"

"We need to jack in. Both of us.", Cyber Dragon replied. A memory stick device appeared in Night's hand. "Insert this into his core, and we'll be able to interface!"

"Time to get my dad back!" Nightfall charged forth and inserted the memory stick into the core of Dark Gear, and entered his father's mind! "Dad?", Nightfall called out. Nightfall and Cyber Dragon searched, and found his father chained by data! "DAD!"

Dark Gear slowly rose his head, and his eyes widened! "Stay back!" His warning was heeded just in time as Cyberdark Dragon dove down at Nightfall and Cyber Dragon!

"So. You've come for the fleshling.", Cyberdark hissed. "Well he's my link to this world! And I won't go without a fight!" Cyberdark fired a blast of flame from his mouth! "I'll melt you down into slag!" Cyber Dragon shot back with his laser!

"You're the only one who's going to be in the junkyard after this!", Cyber Dragon spat defiantly! As the two mechanical dragons clashed, Nightfall made his way over to his father.

"Hold tight Dad!" Night focused and managed to undo the data chains. "Looks like I wasn't the only one that thing hacked."

Dark Gear nodded. "You may have destroyed his cards, but the only way to destroy him for good is to defeat him here!"

"Then let's even the odds for Cyber Dragon!" The two focused as circuit-like magic snaked its way through the citcuitry and snared Cyberdark Dragon!"

"WHAT?!", Cyberdark hissed as he saw himself trapped by Nightfall and Gear's magic!

"CYBER! FULL POWER!", Nightfall cried out! Cyber Dragon nodded and fired his laser full power at Cyberdark's core! Destroying the dark machine dragon instantly! Suddenly, the data around them began to collapse! Nightfall and Cyber Dragon managed to return to their own body and card respectively while Dark Gear went under a transformation. The mechanical parts fell off him reverting him to human form. Gear slowly rose to his feet and clutched his head. "Feel any better Dad?"

Gear managed a small smile. "Yes Night. I think I feel better than that. For the first time, I feel alive. Now if you'll excuse me..." Gear collapsed, but Cyber Dragon caught him!

"I'll get him home. You and the others better head to school now.", Cyber Dragon said as he flew off. Nightfall smiled as he and Twilight returned to CHS. Burst and the others had finished sending the Ancient Gear Army to the scrap heap and followed suit. Meanwhile, Cinch had just seen Cyber Dragon land with Gear in tow. Cinch walked outside to meet him. Gear had regained consciousness.

"Hi hon.", Geat said with a weak smile. "I think from now on, I'll work on being a better man."

"What makes you say that?", Cinch asked.

"Because our son is one. And that girlfriend of his who we have to thank for it."

"You're still sleeping on the couch tonight.", Cinch said with a smug smile.

"To be honest? That couch is sounding pretty good right about now."