• Published 9th Apr 2017
  • 783 Views, 159 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling Finale: Endgame - Bahamut0



Blitz has returned, but this time he's not alone. Burst and his friends are going to need to pull out all their best cards! This is their endgame!

  • ...
7
 159
 783

Duel 8: Upgrade Part 3

Twilight was troubled as she headed home. Dark Magician took note of her unease, and decided to investigate. "Twilight? What's troubling you? Is it...about Night?"

Twilight nodded as she held herself. "He didn't come back from when he went to face Dark Gear. There's only one outcome I can think of that realistically happened." Twilight then shivered. "And...and I just don't want to even consider it!" Dark Magician put a hand on Twilight's shoulder.

"Or. It could be that his duel took a lot out of him and he collapsed from exhaustion.", Dark Magician said with a comforting smile.

Twilight managed a small smile, but her thoughts were anything but happy. Maybe....maybe DM is right. But still, I can't shake the feeling that something horrible's happened to Night! As Twilight walked home, she didn't realize that she was being watched. The now transformed Nightfall had been following her from out of sight, and smiled.

"Looks like I'll have to pay her a visit later. I can't wait to tell her the good news." Night flew off with his new Cyberdark Dragon wings and waited until night descended over the town.

Later on, as Twilight lay in her bed, she couldn't bring herself to fall asleep. Nightfall was still on her mind. He was out somewhere out there, and he was at the mercy of the heartless machine that once was his father. And it terrified Twilight to no end what might be transpiring. Then, she heard a sound! Like someone was tapping on her window! Twilight caught a glimpse of a figure's hand! As soon as she got out of bed, the hand left her field of vision! However, she caught the outline of a person moving! Twilight slipped on her shoes, grabbed her deck and duel disk, and gave chase. When Twilight caught up with the mysterious person, she saw it was Nightfall! "Night? You're okay! How did you escape? Did you lose consciousness?" But before she got any closer, she stopped herself. Something was off about Nightfall.

Nightfall let out a low chuckle. "Oh, I'm much more than okay. I feel great..." Night then revealed that he had the wings of Cyberdark Dragon! Twilight took a few steps backward. "Don't be scared Twi. I still love you. With all of my core."

"Night...no. This isn't you!"

"You're right. I'm better than the weakling that once stood before you.", Nightfall said with a smirk. "But if you don't like the new me..." Nightfall then pulled out a memory stick similar to the one Dark Gear had used on him. "...Then maybe I can make us more....compatible." Nightfall reached out to caress Twilight's cheek, but she swatted it away!

"NO!", Twilight screamed! "Listen to yourself Night! You know this isn't who you are! Whatever Dark Gear did, I'm going to fix!" Twilight then activated her duel disk. "One way or another."

Nightfall shook his head. "Why must you make things so much more difficult than they have to be? I'll admit it's cute sometimes, but now is one of those occasions that it's annoying." Night summoned a duel disk modeled after Cyberdark Dragon. "Ladies first."

Twilight: 8000
Nightfall: 8000

Twilight was nervous as she drew her cards. I have to snap Night out of this! But I don't want to hurt him either! But there's also no telling what sort of strategy he'll use in this state! I'd better play it safe for now. "I set two cards face-down and summon Magician's Robe in defense mode! I end my turn!" This should keep my life points safe. At least for now.

Nightfall smiled as he drew his next card. "My turn. I set a card and play Fusion Sage to add Polymerization to my hand."

"I activate my trap! Magician Navigation! This lets me special summon Dark Magician from my hand! And since I activated a spell or trap during your turn, I can special summon Magician of Dark Illusion from my hand! Now Magician Navigation's other effect activates! I can special summon a level 7 or lower DARK spellcaster from my deck! I'll bring out another Dark Magician!"

"Impressive field. I end my turn.", Nightfall said with a smirk.

I've almost got an OTK set up. But why is he so calm about it?, Twilight thought as she drew her next card. But if I pass up this chance, I might not get another shot! "Here I come! I'll have all three of my magicians attack you directly!" Twilight's magicians fired three beams of magic at Nightfall! However, Nightfall had prepared.

"Just what I was hoping for. I activate my trap! Power Wall! During damage calculation, if I would take damage, I can send one card from the top of my deck to the graveyard for every 500 points of damage I would take! Then I take no battle damage! I'm taking about 7000 points of damage, so I'll send fouteen cards from my deck to my graveyard!" A barrier formed around Nightfall that blocked the beams of magic that were flying towards him! "Your magicians are obsolete."

Twilight had a defeated look in her eyes. "I..I end my turn."

"Then it's my turn now.", Nightfall said with a smirk. "I play the spell card Cyberdark Impact! I return Cyberdark Edge, Horn, and Keel from my graveyard to my deck!" Phantoms of the monsters Nightfall returned to his deck combined and became solid! "This new machine puts the edge in cutting edge! I fusion summon Cyberdark Dragon!" A mechanical dragon that was the polar opposite of Cyber Dragon took the field! Instead of the sleek and smooth design of Cyber Dragon, this monster was jagged with sharp edges! "Now I'll activate his effect! I can select one dragon-type monster in my graveyard and attach it to Cyberdark Dragon! Then he gains that monster's attack points! Also, he gains 100 attack for each card monster card in my graveyard! Last I checked, there's eleven monsters in my graveyard! Now he's boosted by 2600 attack points counting both values! Destroy Magician of Dark Illusion! Cyberdark Deletion!" Cyberdark dragon fired a dark laser from his mouth that vaporized Magician of Dark Illusion! Twilight cringed as her monster was destroyed! "I end my turn with another face-down."

Twilight: 6500
Nightfall: 8000

There's not many card's that'll be able to help me! But I can't give up on Night yet! "I draw!" Twilight looked over her cards. Yes! This should help turn the tide! "I set a card and end my turn!"

"I draw!" Nightfall smirked. "You're tricks won't be able to win you this duel! Cyberdark! Destroy her Dark Magician!"

Twilight smiled as Cyberdark Dragon charged forth! "I don't think so! I activate my trap! Storming Mirror Force! When an opponent's monster declares an attack, I can return all attack mode monsters to my opponent's hand! But since your monster is a fusion monster, he returns to the extra deck!" Nightfall scowled as Cyberdark Dragon was destroyed!

"You may have escaped my dragon, but you won't escape taking damage! I activate my trap! Ring of Destruction! I can target one monster you control whose attack is less than or equal to your life points and destroy it! That monster's attack is dealt to both you and me as damage!" Both Night and Twilight winced as a ring of explosives surrounded and destroyed one of Twilight's Dark Magicians! "I end my turn."

Twilight: 4000
Nightfall: 5500

"I draw!" Twilight looked over her cards carefully. This new card could help a lot! But I'd better save it for the end of this turn. "Dark Magician! Attack him directly! Dark Magic Attack!" Dark Magician fired a powerful spell that knocked Nightfall to the ground! However, Nightfall recovered with his new metal wings! "I'll set a card and end my turn."

Twilight: 4000
Nightfall: 3000

"Maybe it wasn't such a wise move to pull a self-destruct earlier.", Nightfall muttered as he drew his next card. Nightfall smiled as he looked at the card he drew. "However, this should rectify my prior error! I play Swords of Revealing Light and Future Fusion! Swords will keep your monsters from attacking for three of your turns! Now I need only wait. I end my turn."

"Then it's my move! I activate Eternal Soul! Then I'll use its effect! I'll revive one Dark Magician from my graveyard! Then I'll end my turn."

"Since it's my first standby phase after its activation, Future Fusion lets me reveal a fusion monster in my extra deck! Then I send the fusion materials listed on it to the graveyard from my main deck!" Nightfall revealed Cyber Dark Dragon and sent the materials from his main deck to the graveyard! Now I'll draw and set a card to end my turn."

"In that case, I draw! I'll activate Eternal Soul's effect! I'll add Dark Magic Attack from my deck to my hand!" Twilight searched her deck, and added the desired card to her hand! "Now I'll play it since I've got Dark Magician on my field! This destroys all of your spell and trap cards on the field!"

"NO!", Nightfall hissed as his spell cards were destroyed!

"Looks like your boss monster's having technical difficulties! Now my other Dark Magician! Dark Magic Attack!" Nightfall cringed as his life points took a drastic drop! "I end my turn."

Twilight: 4000
Nightfall: 500

"I'm...not done...yet!", Nightfall groaned as he fell to one knee. "I draw! Since you control a monster and I control none, I can special summon Cyber Dragon!" Cyber Dragon took the field in a ray of light, but something was wrong. "Then I'll equip him with 7 Completed! Now attack!" When Nightfall commanded, Cyber remained where he was. "Cyber? Destroy!" Cyber didn't move an inch. Twilight was then shocked when she took a good look at Cyber Dragon! Tears were leaking down the robotic dragon's eyes.

"No.", Cyber Dragon replied sadly. "I will not. This isn't not truly you Night." Cyber Dragon then began to disappear from the field and turned into a memory stick! He then flew into Twilight's hand!

Nightfall scowled. "I guess you just had too much heart. Good thing I have a back-up. Dark Hole! This destroys all monsters on your field!" A black hole opened up on the field, and attempted to suck in Twilight's monsters! However, Twilight's Dark Magicians were still on the field!

"I hate to break it to you, but Eternal Soul makes my Dark Magician's unaffected by my opponent's card effects!"

"I end my turn.", Nightfall said with a growl.

"Then it's my turn! Dark Magician! Attack him directly!" Dark Magician fired one final blast of magic that knocked Nightfall to the ground! It was then that Cyber Dragon spoke to Twilight.

"Twilight! Insert my memory form into the port scar on Night's neck!", Cyber Dragon instructed! "It'll have a faint glow to it! If I can jack in, I can delete Cyberdark Dragon!"

Twilight rushed over to Night, and stuck the memory with Cyber Dragon into Nightfall's neck! Nightfall's body seized up as lines of data and seemed to run through his body! At the same time, the Cyberdark cards began to disintegrate! The metal wings on Nightfall's body fell off and he had returned to normal. Twilight pulled Nightfall into a tight hug! "Nnnnggghh! That was NOT fun...", Nightfall groaned as he returned the hug. Cyber Dragon then materialized.

"You'll be happy to know, that the dark data has been purged.", Cyber Dragon said with a smile. "Also, it's time to take things to the next level. Because of our strong bond, we can now fuse!"

"Great! But first, I think I'd better get home. And when I meet Dad again..." Nightfall looked to Twilight. "I'll be sure to bring extra help." Night gave Twilight an exhausted smile as Cyber Dragon flew him home. Twilight smiled in kind as she returned home too. This time, she was able to sleep soundly knowing that Nightfall was safe.