• Published 9th Apr 2017
  • 783 Views, 159 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling Finale: Endgame - Bahamut0



Blitz has returned, but this time he's not alone. Burst and his friends are going to need to pull out all their best cards! This is their endgame!

  • ...
7
 159
 783

Duel 17: Rising Above Despair

Abyss and Narico were walking together in the hallway, and were talking about the recent string of attacks made by Blitz's minions. "Makes you glad Burst and his friends are on the job, huh?", Narico said with a smile. Abyss smiled in return.

"This wouldn't be the first time. Burst's taken down threats to the world more than once.", Abyss replied. "I should know. He defeated me too. But it's thanks to him that I've got a new life here. I can't tap into my dark power anymore, but for me it's no major loss." Abyss then held onto Narico's hand. "Especially when I look at what I've gained in comparison." Narico blushed lightly. However, the two were soon interrupted by a familiar face.

"Well, well. Isn't this hearwarming?" Blitz Surge stepped out of a dark portal and stared down at Abyss. "Hello mother." He then looked at Narico. "Isn't he a little young for you?" Blitz leaned down and smirked at Narico, and Narico glared at him.

"Get lost creep!", Narico growled! "Leave her alone!" Abyss then put her hand on Narico's shoulder.

"Narico, please. Just let me talk to him." Abyss stepped in front of Narico. "Blitz. My son. I know I've made many mistakes. Mistakes that led you down the path you walk on now. I know I can't ever erase what happened in the past, but maybe I can try to fix things here and now. I'm sorry Blitz. I turned you into a monster. So please. Let me fix this." For a moment, Blitz was shocked. He then reached his arm out, and grabbed Abyss! Pinning her against the wall of lockers!

"Let her go!", Narico screamed as he charged at Blitz! But Blitx knocked him to the ground out cold!

"NARICO!", Abyss cried out!

"How sweet.", Blitz said with a smirk. "You actually CARE about him. Let me say that I don't accept your apology. Namely because I don't care about it in the least. Or YOU for that matter. I want your power!" Blitz's hand phased through Abyss and he began to siphon her dark powers! "And I must also thank you for leading me to this point! Why be hailed as a hero, when I could be worshipped as a god? The only piece I'm missing is your power..." Blitz then pulled his hand out of Abyss and she fell to the floor unconscious! "...And now I have all that I need. I'll leave your little friend to tend to you. In the meantime, I have work to do. Farewell mother." Blitz opened a new portal and stepped through. Narico was still out cold, and Abyss sat up against the other wall of lockers.

"What have I done?", Abyss muttered to herself. "This is all my fault..."

"So...what happened here?", Gold asked himself as the heaviness of the air became immediately noticeable to the two as they found themselves needing to catch their breath solely from walking.

"I don't know... but it really weighs you down... I've never felt so... pitiful," Sunset replied a little bit in.

Gold felt the same way, however he found himself able to keep a bit of tolerance to it, a tolerance his girlfriend clearly lacked. "I don't know what's going on. But we should see if the others are here."

"Yeah"

The two did not end up walking for long before they found some people. Narico lay in front of the lockers, passed out, sitting against the other wall was Abyss, clutching her face as she muttered "I made a monster... it's all my fault." She was completely oblivious to Gold's attempts to talk to her.

"Well. If I were to guess I'd say Blitz decided to pay a little visit here and left this fog behind. I think it's caused everyone to be overcome with despair," he turned to look at Narico again, "some people are taking it better than others... Sunset?"Gold turned to see her in the same position as Narico. "Sunset!" Gold ran to her and saw that she was, indeed, passed out. The fresh tears still on her cheeks showed that the despair had overcome her while he wasn't looking. The atmosphere became so much less tolerable as the pure despair of the fact that he left her like this sank in. Sunset, who had been there for him when he was an emotional wreck. The light of his life, who lived up to her name with the beauty and kindness she had shone him! The fact that he could not be there for her when she needed him made him want to lie down and wait to dissolve into the thick fog that he could barely breathe.

"Yeah buddy, I get it." Gold was brought to reality by a voice that sounded exactly like his, but softer.He was shocked when he looked to his side to see a guy who looked like him! But what set him apart from Gold was his colors and clothing. Unlike the gold skin Gold had, this boy's skin was obsidian and his eyes were a poisonous purple. His hair was unkempt and messy and his clothes were worn and tarnished. The bags under his eyes and his hunched posture made him look like the exact guy Gold viewed himself as. "No... I get it. You're wondering who I am... and how I'm so much of a downer that everyone here is like... well..." He looked to Sunset, then back at Gold, "this."

"You're doing this?" Gold found himself asking, suddenly feeling a sharp hatred for this boy who looked just like him.

"Yeah, I can't really help it... happens when you're the living embodiment of someone's despair... you can call me Skyfall."

"Gold get back," his trusted partner, Crimson Dragon, said in the back of his head.

Gold was confused, he fought off the urge to strangle the pathetic guy and slowly backed away. "Crimson? What's going on?"

"That dark clone Blitz made of me is here! I can sense him in this boy's possession.", Crimson said gravely.

"What? You mean Obsidian?" Skyfall said as he held up the sinister looking card, "Blitz gave him to me within seconds of giving me form."
Gold ignored the shock of knowing Skyfall could hear Crimson from within his head and put two and two together. Blitz sent this guy after Gold to be his enemy!

"Do you really think that highly of yourself?" Skyfall asked his doppelganger, "Blitz made me to be a distraction... buying time before he sends someone in his posse after someone who ACTUALLY matters to Burst."

"Jeez! Must you reinforce my urge to-"

"Hurt me? Yeah I know you hate me..." He looked straight into Gold's eyes, "I am you after all..."

"Gold" Crimson cut in, "Whatever the reason for him being here may be doesn't matter, you still have to stop him!"

"Right!" Gold said as he slipped on his duel disk from his backpack.

"Oh... we're doing this now? Okay..." The shadows condensed around Skyfall's arm, after a second they cleared up revealing an identical duel disk, he then placed Obsidian on top and shuffled his cards.

Gold: 8000
Skyfall: 8000

"Since we're on your turf, I'll let you have the first move.", Skyfall sighed.

Gold glared at his opponent. "I summon a monster in defense mode and set two cards! I end my turn."

"My turn... I play the spell card Despair Aura. This halves the attack of all face-up monsters on my opponent's field. But considering your monster is face-down, I can't make much use of it. But I can't leave myself defenseless like this. So I'll summon Despair Vanguard." A soldier wearing tarnished black armor appeared on Skyfall's field! "Then I'll set a card and end my turn..."

"My turn then! I draw!" Gold smiled at the cards he had! "I play Trade-In to discard a level 8 monster and draw two new cards!" Gold sent one card from his hand to the graveyard and drew two cards from the top of his deck! "Just what I needed! I play Return of the Dragon Lords to revive a level seven or eight monster from my graveyard! Come on out! Gold-Eyes Crimson Dragon!" Crimson appeared on the field in a ray of crimson light, but his attack was halved due to Despair Aura's effect! "Now that Crimson's on the field, his effect activates! I can target and destroy one monster my opponent controls!" A bolt of plasma destroyed Despair Vanguard while Crimson's wings glowed with crimson light, clearing a small amount of the fog before it closed in on him, "You might've halved Crimson's attack, but he can still do some damage! Attack him directly! Crimson Plasma Blast!" Skyfall showed no emotion as the blast of plasma scorched his life points! "I end my turn."

Gold: 8000
Skyfall: 6350

Skyfall sighed, as if he was disappointed in Gold. "You've actually accelerated your fall Golden Rise... I activate Despair Vanguard's effect. When he's destroyed, I can special summon one Obsidian Wyvern from my deck or hand." An armless dragon with obsidian scales and sickly purple wings made of crystal took the field! "But I only really need it for its effect... I tribute him to special summon Obsidian Dragon from my hand or deck." A pillar of darkness engulfed Obsidian Wyvern! Two sickly purple crystal wings sprouted out of the pillar! Once the pillar of darkness faded, a dragon with obsidian scales let out a terrifying roar! "Now for his own effect. He gains attack equal to the combined attack points of all monsters you control." An eerie purple light began emanating from Obsidian's wings! "Now I'll activate this trap... Despair's Shroud. I can target a DARK attribute monster I control and equip it to that monster... allowing the equipped monster to attack twice. Your monster won't be destroyed, but it'll wish it was" Obsidian Dragon slashed at Crimson twice! The force and agony of the attack forced Crimson to his knees! Gold winced as he took damage! "I end my turn. Isn't this feeling of isolation something you should be used to Gold?", Skyfall asked with another hint of disappointment.

Gold: 2000
Skyfall: 6350

Gold panted as he fell to one knee as Skyfall looked down on him. "I have something to show you..." Skyfall moved to the side, showing Sunset laying on the ground still. "Remember her? You gave her someone to hold on to. You gave her hope when everyone else was so quick to hate her. Despite what people said, you stayed by her side. Yet look at her now, this fog makes the source of all sadness people have in their mind the thing in the forefront. You're only standing because your despair is here in the flesh. You could have helped her, but you were always useless. It's why nobody gave you time of day after you lost your family... we both know that you deserve the same fate in this world too... You're alone Golden Rise and you always will be." Skyfall looked away from Sunset and back to Gold, expecting to have finally broken the boy he had been weighing down for years. But much to his shock, Gold didn't shed a tear! In fact...he was starting to laugh!

"Heh. Heh heh! HA HA HAHHA HA HA HA HAH HA!"

"What...what's so funny?!", Skyfall questioned, for the first time not getting what was going on in Gold's mind.

"Isn't it obvious?", Gold said with a smile as he rose to his feet. "I'm laughing because you're pathetic! You say you're my despair made flesh. And by that logic, you no longer exist! I learned that trying to fix my own problems by myself only digs a deeper pit! I used to think that if I kept my troubles to myself, I'd come out stronger. But I was wrong. Dealing with things alone only made my despair worse! But then I realized, I wasn't alone. I've got people who love me, and are always with me! Even if I can't see them...even when they're not right there with me...KNOWING I HAVE THEM MAKES ME RISE!" Gold sprouted Phoenix wings as he drew his next card! "And it's time for Crimson to rise too! I play the spell card Rise from the Ashes! I tribute Gold-Eyes Crimson Dragon to special summon his strongest form!" A pillar of flame surrounded Crimson! "I summon Crimson Absolute Phoenix Dragon!" Crimson now stood in red crystal armor with wings made of flames! A fiery mane ran down his head! His golden eyes matched their master's: gleaming with confidence! "Now for his effect! I tribute Crimson to destroy all cards on the field!" Crimson Absolute Phoenix Dragon burst into flames and fire washed over the field! Wiping out all the cards on the field! "Now you take 500 damage for each card destroyed!" Skyfall cringed as flames ate away at his life points! "You say you're my despair made flesh. But all you are is a walking pile of my past insecurities! I end my turn! Now Crimson comes back to my field!" Crimson Absolute Phoenix Dragon revived in a pillar of flame!

Gold: 2000
Skyfall: 4850

"I summon a monster in defense mode.", Skyfall said with a scowl, the presence of his opponent's best card allowing him to show emotions. "I'll end my turn with a face-down."

"I draw! Then I'll activate Crimson's other ability! I can banish one monster from my graveyard and have him gain attack equal to that monster's original attack until the end phase! And when Crimson Absolute Phoenix Dragon attacks a defense-mode monster, you take piercing damage! Go! Phoenix Plasma Flare!"

"Time to burn away this shadow of despair!", Crimson cried out as he fired a flaming streak of plasma that was sent hurtling towards Skyfall's monster!

"I activate my trap... Despair Prison.", Skyfall muttered, growing weaker as the duel went on. "Since you're attacking, this switches your monster into defense mode!" A black cage tried to ground Crimson, but he burned it away! "huh?"

"Crimson's other effect! He's unaffected by card effects!" The final strike was so intense that it simultaneously removed the fog and brought Skyfall's life points to zero.

The fading boy did not completely leave though. "You think that beating me...is going to get rid of me? I would've been gone back at Paradox's lair if that were-" A single blast left a hole in Skyfall's stomach. Gold took a fighting stance with his duelist arm in hand. The blaster was suddenly replaced with his sword.

"You should've stayed in my head, because now that you're out I'll never let you back in!" Gold charged at the parasite and drove the sword right through Skyfall's chest!

Gold looked up to his fading despair, only to see that he had a smile on his face. "Enjoy your life Gold..." he said as he completely faded away, with the wind carrying the words "You've earned it." Gold then heard a groan coming from right in front of him. Sunset barely had time to get up on her feet before she was suddenly caught in a hug from her boyfriend. She separated from the boy, but when she saw tears on his face she immediately pulled him back into a hug.

"Gold..."

"I know," Gold told her, "You're here." Gold then held her tighter. "And I know you'll never leave."