• Published 9th Apr 2017
  • 783 Views, 159 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling Finale: Endgame - Bahamut0



Blitz has returned, but this time he's not alone. Burst and his friends are going to need to pull out all their best cards! This is their endgame!

  • ...
7
 159
 783

Duel 11: Shadow Showdown Part 1

Akage stared out the cafeteria window with a troubled look on his face. Blitz's Dark Duelists had been targeting his friends, but that wasn't the unsettling part. No. What truly bothered Akage was the fact that all of the enemies so far had some form of relation to his friends. There's a pattern here., Akage thought. And if I'm right, then HE'LL be the one to come after me. Akage then rubbed a certain part of his chest. It's been a couple years since that day. When we first clashed.

"AKAGE!", Pinkie screamed! Akage was snapped out of his thoughts when Pinkie screamed into his ear!

"...Yes Pinkie?", Akage asked calmly. He was rather fond of the girl's energetic nature and was quite accustomed to her craziness considering he was dating her. "Is there something you wnated to let me know?"

"Weeellllll, Ty fought a duelist who used dinosaurs. Night faced a guy who used old-school machines. Sooo, does that mean you'll be fighting a guy who uses a samurai deck?"

Akage blinked before laughing. "Ha ha ha ha! No Pinkie." Akage then returned his gaze to the window. Knowing him, he's probably training his deck so that its edge is as sharp as ever. Akage's smile then faded as he put a hand on his chest. It was only a couple years ago, yet the pain of that memory still stings my heart. Pinkie noticed Akage's mood and decided to investigate.

"Hey! Whatcha got in there?!", she asked.

Akage looked into Pinkie's cheerful face and sighed. "A reminder. And a painful one at that."

Pinkie tilted her head. "What makes it so painful?"

Akage sighed, and closed his eyes. "Pinkie? You're close to your sisters, right?"

Pinkie nodded. "Uh huh! Why?"

"Let's just say I was close with my sibling as well." Akage's mind drifted to his earlier years. Before he was scarred. Before he lost the one who had been his best friend. "...And we don't talk anymore."

Two Years ago...

"C'mon Akage! You're gonna be late!", a boy called out! Akage woke up with a start! He then found a boy about his age with blue hair instead of red and purple eyes instead of brown.

"Shogun. Couldn't you just let my alarm clock do its job?", Akage asked flatly.

"I'm your older brother. That gives me free reign to give you a hard time.", Shogun replied.

Akage grumbled as he got out of bed and dressed in his ninja garb save for his mask. "Shogun, we all know who's going to lead the clan next." Akage and Shogun stepped outside and gazed upon their village. Both of them gazed upon the clan of ninjas that made up thier nieghbors, comrades, and family. For generations, their clan had protected the world in secret.

"True enough.", Shogun said with a shrug. "When I lead this clan, there will be some changes. No longer will he hide in the shadows."

Akage frowned lightly. "Hope you can deal with the media." The two headed for the main building that served as their clan's meeting hall. The boys saw their father holding a crimson scarf in his hands while he sat. The whole clan had assembled. Both Akage and Shogun bowed before their father as they sat down.

"My sons.", their father began. "You both have been training since you could walk to be exceptional ninjas. But as you both know, only one shall take over for me. This is the way it has been for generations. Shogun." Shogun was about to walk up, but his father continued. "Please present Akage with this scarf." The whole clan save for Shougn bowed. "We bow in respect to you. Akage Strider. New leader of the clan." Akage was confused. Him? Lead? In truth, he wanted to leave the clan. He just wanted to live a regular life. All of the clan were allowed to leave when they saw fit. But to leave now? When everyone seemed to be looking at him expectantly, he caved and accepted the scarf. Shogun hesitantly handed over the scarf, and Akage bowed in return to the whole clan. However, this moment would be shattered later. Akage was talking with his father about the secret technique scrolls of the clan. Since Akage was the new head, he would be able to learn his clan's secret techniques. The two opened the door of the main building, and froze in their tracks when they saw Shogun holding the hidden scroll! "Shogun...what is the meaning of this?!"

Shogun scowled at his father and Akage. "Why? Why did you choose to have Akage succeed you?! I've trained as hard as he has, if not harder!"

"Because the designs you have for the clan are not our way.", his father said sternly. "A ninja's place is the shadows. As a silent and vigilant guardian. Not as a glory hound."

"But after all we've done...don't we deserve some form of recognition?!", Shogun shot back!

"Shogun...this is insane!", Akage pleaded! "Isn't it enough to know that our world is safe?"

"Silence Akage!", Shogun shouted! "Get out of my way, or you will regret this day!"

Akage woefully unsheathed his sword. "Don't do this Shogun."

Shogun set down the scrolls and drew his own sword. "I won't take the scrolls. I'll simply take back what's mine. Hand over that scarf Akage. Surrender the leadership of the clan, and we all walk away unscathed." Akage readied his sword and stayed silent. "So. Looks like we're doing this the hard way." Shogun hurled a series of throwing stars! Akage deflected them all with his sword, but Shogun charged at him! Akage rolled to the side and swung at Shogun with his blade! Shogun blocked and started swinging as Akage countered! A storm began to brew as the two of them crossed swords! The two were leaping over rooftops as they kept fighting! The sounds of their blades clanging struck at the same time thunder split the sky! The two then stood at the gate of the clan's shrine. Rain was falling heavily, and both Akage and Shogun were soaked. They readied their blades, and rushed at each other! Lightning flashed across the sky as the two engaged in their final strikes! Both Akage and Shogun stood completely still. Shogun fell to one knee with a hand clutching his cheek! Akage then sheathed his sword and went over to try and help Shogun up. Shogun swatted his hand away! "One day Akage. I shall return. Next time, our decks and blades will clash once again!" Shogun threw a smoke bomb, and vanished without a trace.

Today...

Shogun rubbed the scar Akage's blade left. Now we shall settle the score. Shogun looked down at CHS. We will find our answer in the clash of cards and steel Akage.