• Published 15th Apr 2017
  • 217 Views, 0 Comments

The Blind Avenger - Nightmarity19



The origin story of the blind martial artist named Songbird.

  • ...
 0
 217

Chapter 3 I'm Not Jesus

Songbird stood in front of the nightclub titled Most Wanted which is a club exclusively for Yakuza members or people who have nerves of steel in order to survive.

He is going to pay dearly for what he's done she pulled out her sword ready for a fight.

Inside the club Rayni laid snuggled under Satoshi's arm for protection. After what just happened a day ago she was glad that pest Songbird wasn't around to spoil this wonderful moment. Satoshi stroked her hair reassuring Rayni that no harm will come to her or anyone else because of Songbird's blinded rage for revenge against them.

"Don't worry Rayni that blind bitch won't lay one finger on you" Satoshi said reassuringly.

Then all of a sudden sounds of screaming could be heard from outside along with blood on the painted windows. Every member stopped to look at the commotion then to see Songbird step in with blood covering half of her face and kimono. Her sword dripped blood in a stunned silence at what they were looking at.

Satoshi ordered one of his men to take Rayni while he handled the blind girl herself in what was about to be a heated fight for redemption for Songbird's brother Robbie.

"So you're finally here Bird, you know I never anticipated for some blind bitch to come storming in here and think she's bad ass because blood is all over you. Guess what? That only works in TV and fucking comic books but this is reality" Satoshi explained.

Songbird stared at him with no expression at all.

"Got nothing witty to say? I expected something philosophical to come out of your cake hole but I guess I was proven wrong....again" Satoshi continued.

He pulled out a gun and began to fire bullets at Songbird, she blocked all major attempts to harm her with gunshots. Satoshi threw down the gun down and tried charging at her to get the jump on her but a sudden piercing of the body's organs and Satoshi bled from his mouth gripping at Songbird's sword in between choking on his own blood before the blind girl let go thus making him fall to the ground lifeless. Blood stained the once clean hard tile floor was now crawling with Satoshi's blood.

It is done Songbird put her sword away then walked away before cops arrived.

She stood on the rooftop with clean clothes on, watching as cops condemned that nightclub.

"Seems that your revenge went as how you saw fit" said a voice that sounded all too familiar.

"Who's there?" Songbird asked looking around before feeling a hot heat signature from about 5 inches from her.

"Be at ease thy does not want to fight. Hear me out, I am forming a group of the world's most talented fighters to stop an ancient evil that is coming" Luna explained.

"How can I trust you Luna?" Songbird asked skeptical of the lunar princess sudden arrival.

Luna put her sword down and put her hands up in surrender. "You wouldn't hurt someone who was unarmed. I hear that in your jurisdiction that is considered unhonorable"

Songbird couldn't argue with that logic plus attacking a person unarmed is not honorable and a violation to the Japan fighting culture.

"Alright so who else will join us?" Songbird questioned.

"I don't know yet but I'm glad your on board with this Miss Songbird" Luna said.

Did you hear that Robbie? I'm going to be on a team to bring peace to this world Songbird looked up smiling.

Luna watched in awe as they hauled away any remaining Yakuza members inside police cruisers. Songbird somehow felt the pit of her stomach drop a few points as flashes of Satoshi dying couldn't escape her mouth.

"I was blinded by revenge to think about my actions before doing them" Songbird said.

"In life we make certain choices in our lives but some of those choices end up destruction and death of whoever decides to throw themselves into the fire" Luna began, "It is the duty of humans to figure out what choice will cause the least bloodshed. There are 2nd chances in life and Songbird this is your chance to redeem yourself"

Songbird knew an opportunity like this wasn't going to be around forever so with a nod, she got up as a soft gentle wind blew around her and Luna.

"Princess Luna it would be an honor to join you in a never ending quest to save the world and also I wish to do so without spilling blood" Songbird proclaimed placing one hand over her chest.

Luna was pleased with the blind girl's proclamation which made her a even greater contender for this team.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment