• Published 4th Apr 2017
  • 4,734 Views, 348 Comments

Lovie Dovie - The Psychopath



A man obsessed with his masculinity becomes a tiny, female dragon that is designed around hearts to an extreme. He tries to live through this 'horror' while working with an extremely important association of dragons.

  • ...
22
 348
 4,734

It spreads

Lovey opened her eyes after being blasted by bright rays of sunlight, and groaned in pain. She rolled over then fell to the ground, scaring her awake.

"I didn't fall asleep on a rock," she mumbled to herself. "Hm?"

She checked her hands to see that they had become--

"My hands!" Oliver cheered. He rubbed them all over his face like they had a healing lotion slathered on the palms, and then he came to realization. "I'm myself again!"

He looked around to see that he was in his living room, the sun still shining outside and the air still fresh as ever. His happy mood didn't stay as bright as the sun, and he grew more suspicious by the second. His smile gradually made way for a narrow mouth and squinted eyes.

"What is this?" he wondered aloud. "What's the catch? Some kind of weird dream?" His kicked the coffee table over and yelled in pain when the impact fully affected his tibia. "S-so that's still a thing," he noted through a tear. "But dreams can make you THINK you're in pain when you're not." He rubbed his chin and looked towards the transparent doors of his and hummed. "The first thing I should check is if that stupid mark is still there. If it is, well...I'm not sure, but I won't be falling for the same trap twice."

He carefully slid the door open then hid behind the wall. Peeking around the corner, he maintained his behavior stepping on the grass to see that the mark was actually still there.

"HA! I knew it!" he shouted. He pretended to wipe his 'sleeves' of that thing by wiping his wrists instead. "I've done my time with you, kidnappers. I don't need to deal with you again." The man looked up to see that a few dark clouds were coming up on the horizon, and he chuckled. "The rain should watch that crap away. I'm just going to relax in my couch and--"

Oliver found himself incapable of walking forward again. Looking down, he could see the grass had caught his ankles, but this time, he knew what to expect. He kept his cool and reached down to grab the blades ensnaring him and ripped them off rather easily.

"Hm...That was easier than before..." he pondered.

The man shrugged the event off and continued his way, but two things were waiting for him in his house. It was Ember and the Pueric Mother at around Oliver's size. He looked at them with as much suspicion as he did the rest o this 'day'.

"Oh. You two are here. What is it now? You're going to stay there silently, and then I'm supposed to approach you and then you turn into some kind of Lovecraftian horror show?"

Ember gave a single laugh. "No. She is," she indicated.

She pointed behind Oliver. Turning around, he saw that Lovey Dovey was standing on the mark outside and casually walked inside.

"Stay out of my house," Oliver threatened.

Lovey lifted her fingers and flexed them, all while grinning. "That's not for you to decide."

She slashed angrily at Oliver, slicing through his arm. He grabbed it and backed away, looking at Lovey like she had betrayed him.

"Ow! That fucking hurts! What the hell is wrong with you?" He blinked a few times. "Wait...why did that hurt so much, and why am I not bleeding?"

"You sure seem indecisive and stupid, I must say," Lovey commented.

"He should become one of us, don't you think?" Pueric asked Ember. "A better place than as himself. There's nothing to go for there."

Oliver felt something tickling his arm and, when he removed his other covering the wound, witnessed a flood of pink scales gradually growing on and pushing from under his skin. He tried to scrub off the scales with his other hand in a panic, and after a few minutes, managed to stop it progressing. He heaved a sigh of relief and punched Lovey in the face with enough force to send her flying through the glass doors.

"Don't you EVER do that again!"

"But it's already started. You'll become one of us," Pueric said in monotone.

"You'll become a dragon. All tiny and cute," Ember chuckled.

Oliver keeled over, feeling the bones in his arm snapped and twist. He could somehow feel all of it, and was paralyzed. He twisted and turned for some benign reason related to the pain, then he found himself in a black corridor flanked by the colorful and varied dragons he had seen so far, and they were all cheering Lovey into catching him. Looking over his shoulder, Oliver could see Lovey stomping after him while his arm continued to contort and snap painfully while skin was pushed off by the scales growing underneath. He got up to his feet and rushed away from the pink abomination, hoping to escape from her.

"You can't flee forever, Oliver," Lovey said.

"You're going to be like us whether you want to or not!" the crowd shouted.

"Jeerusalem! This is like a creepypasta!" Oliver stuttered. "Get away from me!"

"You can't flee forever!" Lovey shouted. "It's already coursing through your body: The essence to becoming one of us forever."

Oliver felt his legs snap and he fell over hard, skidding along the ground a few centimeters. Much to his horror, his tibias and knees were twisting and spinning around, shrinking as well. His pants and shoes burned off, showing the little legs and clawed feet of the pink dragoness reforming from the snapped bones and torn skin and ligaments. Lovey stood over him, hands on her hips and a smile on her face.

"There ya go! No point in fighting it. Just let it overcome you, and I'll take over from there. You won't need to worry about anything any longer." She patted Oliver's head, and from every pat grew a horn that gradually extended outwards.

Oliver felt himself become drowsy and start to fade away, but his rage broke through that, shocking 'Lovey'.

"No!" he shouted.

"What? But you're me, and you don't like being me! Just let go!"

"No!"

He forced himself upwards on his smaller feet despite the misshapen distribution of weight. "A REAL man faces his fears AND his rage!"

"B-but..." Lovey couldn't understand. "You're NOT A MAN ANYMORE! You're a dainty little dragoness! Cute 'n cuddly and the opposite of anything 'manly'. What would your parents say about this?!"

The pink dragoness pointed to the side, and a gray dragon with a blank face stepped forward with a mirror in claw as big as it was tall, showing Oliver to have become Lovey again, his joints and face contorting into place, but Oliver didn't care.

"I couldn't care less! A dragon is a dragon, and YOU are MINE!" He pointed to his chest using his thumb. "I was having trouble before, but I'll learn to deal with it, like a real man! There's no point in complaining when little shits like YOU keep trying to confuse me."

The false Lovey straightened herself out. "And then what? You're just going to seal me away or cast me out? I'll always be here!"

The real Lovey waved off the idea. "Pffff. Not something so easy."

"Then what?! Without me you're nothing!"

"That's not true and you know it." Lovey glared at the doppelganger with wide eyes and cracked her knuckles. The false dragoness faltered in fear. "Remember how I said men face their fears head on?" She tilted her head from side-to-side to crack it as well. "I'm going to beat the shit out of you."

"Get away from me!"

The false Lovey turned tail and tried to run, but the ground was only pulling her back towards Oliver grinning as mischievously as she had been just moments before.

"Now I'M the nightmare and YOU'RE the dreamer!" Lovey shouted. "I'm going to enjoy this."

The false Lovey fell to the ground and turned over, protecting her face. "No, please!"

Lovey woke up cuddled next to Scarlet and Zoonzu in the garden. It was the middle of the night and the stars were still showing in the sky. She looked around a little more, trying to figure out how she came to be where she was. A little moment of breathing and she lifted her fists, remembering her dream and smiling.

"Heh heh. Idiot," she whispered to herself. "That feels so much better," she chuckled. "But I don't like being next to these two rolled up like cats."

Lovey's attempts to escape Scarlet's grip were pointless as the massive dragoness prevented any attempts to escape by grabbing Lovey and pulling her closer to her chest. The pink dragoness was absolutely enraged, but as she had no way to escape, she stayed in place, hoping to find a way to sleep comfortably in this situation.