• Published 4th Apr 2017
  • 4,734 Views, 348 Comments

Lovie Dovie - The Psychopath



A man obsessed with his masculinity becomes a tiny, female dragon that is designed around hearts to an extreme. He tries to live through this 'horror' while working with an extremely important association of dragons.

  • ...
22
 348
 4,734

Red traps

"So how was your time with the Pueric Mother?" Scarlet asked.

Lovie looked off to the side. "It was...colorful."

The giant smacked Lovey in the back playfully, accidentally throwing her into the bushes. Scarlet bit her hand fearfully fter realizing what it is she had done.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to pat you that hard!"

She pulled Lovey out of the bushes and patted her down. "Pat?!" Lovey exclaimed. "You hit me like I was being shot from a cannon!"

"I know. It's just that I sometimes don't pay attention to my own strength." Scarlet sighed in relief and smiled. "I'm used to roughing it up with the dragons my size or the size of Zoonzu." This time, she tapped Lovey gently on the back. "Hey! At least you can walk now, congratulations!"

"Yeah...thanks." Lovey looked at her legs wobble. "I still need to work on this, though."

Scarlet nodded. "What about your wings? Or your fire? Can you use those yet?"

"Nope."

"Then why don't you go see Sconce and show her how well you've done?"

"But I can't walk all that well yet," Lovey complained.

Scarlet looked at the pink dragoness with bemusement. "That's why I suggested you show her how well you've done so far..."

"Oh. Well. I guess I could." She kicked a small rock on the ground. "Nothing better to do."

"You remember the way?"

"Yes. It's down there then turn right, right?" Lovey pointed forward. Scarlet nodded in response. "Then...See you later."

Scarlet grabbed the tiny dragoness and squeezed Lovey against her chest and between her two arms.

"What are you doing?!" Lovey asked in a muffled tone.

"Give you a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig hug!"

"Why?!"

"Because hugs are the best solution to almost every problem!"

Scarlet eventually put Lovey back on the floor, and once the pink dragon was far enough, the red giant looked to the tower in the middle of the gardens and held up an 'okay' sign. Having returned to the small opening in the garden where Sconce was usually sl-meditating, Lovey let her arms drop limply to her sides with a rather depressing groan.

"Sconce. I'm back...Sconce?"

Lovey looked around and noticed the sleeping dragoness was nowhere to be found. In fact, there was no noise occurring around the small patch of garden.

"Where is she?" Lovey wondered aloud.

She searched high and low but couldn't find any trace of her 'teacher'.

"She isn't sleepwalking is she?" Lovey pondered. She stressed for a moment. "She isn't sleepkilling is she?!...Do dragons sleepkill?"

The dragoness returned back from where she came, hoping to ask Scarlet where the dragoness was. Unfortunately, even she had disappeared. In fact, nobody was in the garden, as far as the dragoness could hear. She called out repetitively and looked around as much of the garden as she could cover, but it served no purpose, as there was -as had been previously established in her mind- no one present.

Lovey stood in place, unsure of what to do. This was the second time she was left to her own devices in a world she still had no knowledge about. Worst of all, she still had no way to sate her hunger or fill her thirst on her own. She started to look around, going through several segments of garden to find a full well filled with fresh water. The dragoness eagerly pulled up a bucket and drank from it in hopes that it would calm her down. She didn't notice, but she had walked into one of the flower sections of the garden house. A vast multitude of different colors and different flowers were all around. Some trees even had leaves with colors one would either only expect during autumn or a fever dream. Purple leaves, orange leaves, red leaves, and colors with more complicated names! Lovey felt tempted to explore and enjoy herself, but a voice spoke in the back of her head.

"No, Oliver. Men don't find solace in little things like 'flowers'. If you want to enjoy colors, you need them to be on a TRUCK! Yeah! Hear that engine roar! That's the manly way of enjoying colors!"

She lowered a hand and sat down against a flower bush, letting her legs stretch forward and placing her hands between them like a scolded child who was told not to move. She bounced her legs up and down while waiting for everyone to come back, but even a 'real man's' patience could only last so long. Half an hour of waiting was too much...and the pink dragoness' head started to bob. She was too emotionally exhausted to do anything but start falling asleep. She was interrupted when a colorful blue bird, very similar to a spangled cotinga landed next to her. It tweeted a few times, hopped around the dragoness' legs, then hopped onto her upper leg.

"Mmmm..." she groaned. "Get off my leg," Lovey mumbled. "I'm too exhausted for this crap." She waved her hand. "Go. Go away."

The bird tilted its head multiple times, chirped, then hopped along the dragon's legs with its little feet and decided to nuzzle itself right there and puff itself up, all the while squeaking comfortably. Lovey started to sweat nervously, and her body started to shake violently, but she couldn't take her eyes off the bird. Her clawed hands dug deep into the ground from the stress brought about by her current mental battle. After several tense minutes, she finally relaxed...then the bird yawned, opening its little mouth and making a high pitched 'squee' noise.

"Remember, son. Men aren't supposed to find things 'cute'. Even if you think something is, you don't say or share it, otherwise--"

Lovey ignored the voice and looked around to make sure no one was watching, then she grabbed the little bird and rubbed her face against the puffiness of the little bird.

"You're so cuuuuuute!" Lovey exclaimed.

Had anyone else been around, they would have noticed that she had the most satisfied and pleased smile anyone could imagine.

"You're so floofy, and you make the cutest little squeaks! 'Beep'! 'Beep'!" she mimed. "And you have such beautiful feathers." She gently pushed them upwards to better see them individually. "They look so much better than on a stupid truck!"

She couldn't help but hug the little bird who struggled to escape her gentle but firm vice. When she let go, the little bird beeped angrily and flew away. Lovey looked around once again, suspicious and expecting to see someone watching her. She then rushed a few steps forward, spread her arms apart, then let herself drop against the ground. The dragoness rolled around the grass, laughing and throwing the blades in the air. She enjoyed the moment for a few minutes before moving on again. The nearby trees were the next step in her 'loss' of self-control', so she climbed them to pluck the many leaves and enjoy the soft texture and colors.

"Wow. Who knew leaves could be this soft and velvety. I bet this would make a great cover for a couch. Then I'd have something comfy to sit on that isn't just the lumpy ground or a hard rock."

She hopped off the tree and brushed some bark debris and insects off of her hide.

"What next?" She pondered loudly. Her head jolted back after realizing that she had walked to the walls of flower bushes.

Nervously, she put a claw to her lower lip and pulled on it. She enjoyed sniffing the flowers and even put an orange one between her intertwined horns, simply because no one was looking and it was a brief sensation she wanted to experience. She chuckled at the idea of keeping it there for the whole day and wiped it off. It wasn't long before she wanted to do something else and looked up to see more of the fluffy blue birds. A kick to the ground follow by an annoyed sigh followed when she realized that she still didn't know how to fly.

"I'm going to reach them and give them all hugs, and I need to do it now!" she grumbled.

Looking at her back, she tried hard to force her wings to move. Several minutes passed and she had almost given up, until she felt them jitter. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough, and she kicked a rock way angrily.

"And I thought this cartoon-esque lifestyle would've allowed me to cheat and magically be able to fly, because poor writing and laziness. Welp!" she clapped her hands together. "I still got all of these beautiful flowers to enjoy!"

She continued playing with them and passing with the idea of keeping them in her horns. She really, REALLY wanted to leave them there, but she couldn't. Why? She didn't really know. Her thoughts were too jumbled to make any coherent decisions, but she still decided to pluck some icy sporting white and purple flowers and wrap them around the horns on the side of her head.

"Watcha doin'?" Scarlet asked her.

Lovey screamed and jumped several inches back and falling on her rump. She frantically tore the plants off her horn and threw them away, a sheepish smile being the only thing remaining of her little 'escapade'."

"Nothing. Just...ripping out the vines. They're bad for plants."

"Mmmm," Scarlet nodded sarcastically. "Looks more like you were-OW!" Another dragon Scarlet's size elbowed her angrily in the ribs and walked away. "Uh. Right. Well, you doin' fine? What did Sconce say?"

"Sconce? She wasn't there. Come to think of it, none of you were there when you told me to go see her. Where were you all?"

"Really? I guess she followed us outside. The Pueric Mother thought it would be good for some of us to go outside and check the surroundings."

"I literally looked EVERYWHERE for you all!"

Scarlet pinched Lovey's cheek. "This place is far bigger than you think it is. There's a HUGE SWATH of the gardens that you haven't even seen yet." She rested her arm on the palm of her hand and leaned her forward pensively. "Although, there isn't much difference to seeing that part of the garden compared to what you have here, really. " She shrugged and smiled.