• Published 4th Apr 2017
  • 4,734 Views, 348 Comments

Lovie Dovie - The Psychopath



A man obsessed with his masculinity becomes a tiny, female dragon that is designed around hearts to an extreme. He tries to live through this 'horror' while working with an extremely important association of dragons.

  • ...
22
 348
 4,734

Into the Rose

The two dragons were now in an open area of the garden maze where several other dragonesses of various sizes either lazed about or discussed various different diplomatic subjects and approaches, something Lovey found extremely bizarre in terms of actions undertaken in the same area.

"Great. I'm turned into a dragon who's not only pink, but a FEMALE as well!" Lovey dropped her face into her hands. "And what's worse is that I'm covered with hearts. I'll never be able to live this down. I must be such a shame to--"

"Did you hear what I was saying?"

"What?"

Scarlet Fever shook her head in disappointment. "If you could pay more attention to what I was saying then we could help you figure out how to walk."

"I don't KNOW how to walk!"

"That's why I'm TRYING to HELP you in figuring that out." Her voice was extremely powerful and made Lovey's ear canals ring. "I take it you were bipedal before."

"I think that much is obvious."

Scarlet scratched the top of her head. "Maybe...I've seen some walk on the tips of their toes, and their legs sometimes looked like they were placed like inverted knees. Maybe try that?"

Lovey crossed her arms and looked away. "Never. That's something ballerinas do, and only women are supposed to do that."

Scarlet looked at the new dragoness apathetically. "So you're going to continue with that weird train of thought even though you are yourself a female now?"

The pink dragon's eyes shot open and she bent slightly as her rage gathered. "I won't give in to what you FREAKS did to me." She punched her chest. "I'm still a man inside and I intend to stay that way."

"Really now?" The red giant chuckled a little then cleared her throat. "And then what? Be a female man? It's not because you're a female now that you can't act like yourself." She spread her opens apart and spoke gleefully. "But now you have more windows open to you, and not just because you're a female." Lovey refused to stop pouting, even with what had been told to her, so Scarlet tried another approach. "You know, you look so cute when you pout like that!"

The dragonesses around looked at Lovey and started chuckling and giggling. Dovey started seething with rage and indignation, and in so doing reignited the flame glands in her body. Her bared teeth were letting pink flames and smoke sputter from between them like a sporty car engine. Scarlet stopped laughing when she realized what she had done, but her guilt made way for intrigue when she saw the smoke the pink flames created would also turn into hearts. It was something she found excessive considering the already tremendous association with hearts that the tiny dragoness already had.

The red giant crouched and watched as rage continued bubbling from Lovey's mouth. "Hey, it doesn't matter to me how you want to move. Your legs are perfectly functional, but you're being too hatchlingy to actually try and use your new body." She hummed in intrigue. "I wonder what that would look like as a 'man', as you say so often." The pink dragon immediately perked up at the specially targeted words. "Yup. I figure they'll think you're just a big baby with no masculine traits. Tsk tsk tsk."

"Alright alright! I'm standing." Lovey pushed her elf up and immediately fell flat on her face then grunted in pain. "I gotta stand on my tip toes." Lovey dragged a hand across her face and attempted once again to stand up, her legs trembling. When Scarlet lowered a hand to help the tiny dragoness out, she was rebuffed. "No! I have to do this on my own. It's not because of this damnable body that I'll relinquish my masculinity."

"So you've said about thirty times in the past minute."

"I'll get it!"

Lovey had been trying to stand up for fifteen minutes straight, but no progress had been achieved. Scarlet Fever had relegated her teaching tasks to a cloud observation one. She was lying on her back with her hands crossed and admiring anything she could witness in the sky.

"Hey, that one looks like an Equestrian pony," she said lazily.

"A what?!" Lovey asked before falling once again.

"Itty-bitty ponies that live further west. I even heard there were some over the seas, but our Pueric Mother never allows that," she frowned.

Lovey Dovey took a moment to recover her breath and looked around to see all the dragonesses ignoring him and carrying on with their tasks.

"You're all females, right?"

"Eeeeeeyup."

"That giant moron that brought me to 'Pueric'," she mentioned with a mocking tone. "didn't answer my question about why you were all only females."

Scarlet's eyes shot wide open and she sat upright for a moment. "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh..."

"What's Tiny doing there?" a voice asked.

"Oh. Greeyeda. What are you doing here? I thought you were tending the garden walls," Scarlet said.

It was the thin green dragon from before, and she was nearly the same height as Scarlet save for a few shaved centimeters. "Yeah. I was walking through here as I felt patches of dying greenery over there," she pointed down a path. "So, why isn't Tiny walking around to be shown the ropes of being a Lovie Dovie?"

"Why such a stupid name?!" Lovey complained.

Scarlet rolled her eyes. "She's just complaining because the Pueric Mother renamed her 'Lovey Dovey'."

"THAT'S NOT MY NAME!"

Greeyeda barely responded. She seemed to be perpetually bored and let her arms droop to the sides of her body. "That's...strange, even for her." She rotated her arms and coughed before resuming her speech. "I gotta get to those plants. They won't remain tough and enduring if I don't tend to them."

"You sure you don't want to watch her with me? She can't walk but she refuses help."

The green giantess leaned forward and stared at the pink dragon with large, uncaring eyes devoid of life. "So what's your deal, Tiny?"

"Everything!"

"That's as specific as 'nothing'."

"Leave me alone!"

Greeyeda nodded and returned to the red giantess standing with her. "She might be a source of corruption in our midst, and we don't need war in our own group."

Scarlet waved off the comment. "Oh please. Like that would happen. We're all happy here, and those that came to us in a similar situation have come to accept their new lives. I mean, we never prevented them from going to see their families and helping them out whenever they could."

Greeyeda looked back down at the pink dragoness who had dragged herself to a moss covered rock and was hoisting herself up with it. She was managing to keep her balance and trying to adjust to the weight distribution, but her legs still wobbled.

"I feel like a coma patient that just woke up after five years in bed," Lovey thought to herself.

"I'm not sure. Unlike everyone else that either came to us or became like us, she has not warmed up in the slightest."

"I know. Usually, we have systems for that DURING the transformation, or even the teaching process." Scarlet frowned and passed a claw through her hair. "We do need all that are here, and she's no exception."

"The tone elevation suggests doubts."

"Well, she's extremely aggressive. Why would SHE be brought here with that kind of personality and behavior? All the others at least had some predisposition to kindness and understanding."

"But she has defined none of these traits."

Scarlet analyzed the pink dragon some more. "You think her appearance is significant of something? We've all noticed it by now, and nobody else ever got anything so...ehhhhhh..." She rotated her hand in the air.

"Her appearance is not important. Keep a watchful eye on her. We don't want an 'incident' to occur with all the others."

"I know. Still. I think she'll be extremely hard to talk with, let alone teach and learn. She can't even walk!"

"I can hear you!" Lovey Dovey shouted. "And I've almost got this horrid 'fru-fru' walking thing with high heels down."

Greeyeda scrunched her face. "What in the world are 'high heels'?"

"Sounds like a painful condition," Scarlet added.