• Published 4th Apr 2017
  • 4,734 Views, 348 Comments

Lovie Dovie - The Psychopath



A man obsessed with his masculinity becomes a tiny, female dragon that is designed around hearts to an extreme. He tries to live through this 'horror' while working with an extremely important association of dragons.

  • ...
22
 348
 4,734

Red Roving

"I believe that, for now, we should send a few scouts around our lands, specifically in the areas where the most unrest seem to stem, and see what happens right before these outbreaks," the snobby dragoness suggested.

Celestia nodded in agreement. "That seems like a proper, discreet plan for now. We don't need to crackdown and cause even more aggravation amongst the popu--"

The alicorn flinched when she heard a loud crack followed by crumbling. She and the three others turned to face the source of the sound and saw that Redflare had been thrown into the wall and was regaining his bearings. Scarlet, however, had grabbed her upright arm in a triumphant pose.

"Ha ha!" she cheered. "You might have strength, but I'm bigger than you!"

Snobby and Lovey facepalmed in sync and groaned in annoyance.

"Ignoring the colossus bumbling about, I would say this meeting has been a success," Snobby announced cheerfully.

Celestia turned her head and looked at Lovey from the corner of her eyes. "I also assume that some of the more displeased elements of this meeting will feel immense relief?" she wondered aloud and with a hint of judgement.

Lovey rolled her eyes and stood up. "Hey, Hextuple-X," she called out to Scarlet. "Can you help me down?"

Scarlet flexed one more time victoriously then hopped over to Lovey and, with a hand outstretched, collected the pink dragoness and deposited her on the ground.

"Thank you," Lovey said.

"Oh? You're thanking me now?" Scarlet teased.

"Men are supposed to be polite as well. It's common courtesy," Lovey quipped.

Scarlet rubbed her chin pensively while she watched Lovey stumble away with her cane. She was starting to understand this 'man', as she called herself, but she still needed more time to figure out how to make the little dragoness more open.

Lovey continued 'limping' back to the small area where her teacher waited, perhaps comatose again. She shook her head in disappointment and sighed, then someone called out to her.

"Hey, Pinkie. Wait up," the voice called.

"Don't call me 'Pinkie'," Lovey said between her sharp teeth.

When she turned, it was to see that the caller was Empress Ember. She came running and slowed down with a skid just a few centimeters from Lovey.

"What do you want?" the pink dragoness asked.

"I'm just curious as to what you're doing here." She started walking around Lovey, analyzing her body and its appearance. "Your body is clearly made for these 'lovie dovies', but you don't ct anything like them. You're more fit to being a regular dragon. Erm...without looking like that, though," she gestured to the whole of the pink dragon.

"I can't help what they warped me into. I don't want anything to do with them and I just want to go home. Bunch of idiots..." Lovey spat at the air and jolted herself away from Ember.

The empress nodded in approval. "Then how about I take you away from these fools to the normal dragon lands? They might be helpful, but they aren't dragons," she huffed. "We could maybe change your appearance as well, but it would be difficult, and we'd mostly use paint at first."

"As long as I'm away from them. They won't let me go home, so I might as well escape from these captors."

"Agreed."

Scarlet was busy having a staring contest with Redflare back in the chamber while Celestia just watched them with discontent. The snobby dragoness rolled her eyes and pulled a gem from scale pouches in her back so she could place it in front of the white alicorn.

"I bet one red gem that Scarlet will win."

"I'll take that wager," Celestia replied.

The dragoness' eyes widened but quickly regained their usual composure. "Why princess, I didn't think you'd accept so easily."

"It's not because I'm a princess of a county that I can't make a few friendly wagers every now and then."

Loud thumping outside the chamber attracted the attention of the two gamblers, both which were startled when a wall was demolished to pieces by Zoonzu charging through in a panic and slamming her hands onto the table, causing it to crack at her palms and almost lift up were it not sculpted from the same stone as the rest of the building.

"Are you COMPLETELY stupid?!" snobby shouted.

"I can't find the teeny tiny pink dragon!" Zoonzu shouted. She was on the verge of crying. "She's not there!"

"You mean 'here'," Snobby corrected.

"Oh. Right." There was a long pause where Zoonzu stood in place with a stupid look on her face, having practically forgotten what she was sad about. "Oh yeah, I can't find the teeny weeny pink dragon! She's gone! And Ember went as well."

"She's gone?!" Scarlet bellowed.

"Ah ha!" Celestia cheered. "I win!"

"No fair. She was distracted by outside elements," Snobby complained while Celestia dragged in the rock. The dragoness narrowed her eyes. "Tricksy little ponyses."

"I'll go inform the Pueric Mother right away," Scarlet said.

"What for?" Snobby asked. "It's just one dragon." She shrugged.

"We're supposed to be caring for all of our members, no matter how...misguided they might be."

Snobby rolled her eyes and waved an arm. "Fine. Do what you want. I don't care."

Scarlet rushed through the hole while Zoonzu remained for a moment before realizing she needed to follow. Meanwhile, Celestia lifted an eyebrow.

"I can see that not all of your group of dragons are affectionate," she talked down to the dragoness in a calm manner.

"Not all of us can only worry about the size of the grass we can eat. Some of us have actual responsibilities," Snobby retorted.

Celestia smiled, although with a bit of anger obviously being repressed. "Funny you should say that."

Far away from the green garden mountain of the Lovie Dovies were two small dragonesses walking down casually. Lovie still had quite a bit of trouble getting down, but she had never felt happier.

"It's like a breath of fresh air," she smiled.

"I can see that. I also noticed you still haven't figured out how to walk OR fly yet," Ember noted.

Lovey narrowed her eyes and averted her gaze. "Yes. That. I had a teacher, but I can't deal with this anymore. It's like being in a prison."

"Then you'll enjoy the freedom that all true dragons should be able to enjoy," Ember said. "And, as the Dragon Empress, I'll have you learn how it is to be a dragon and how to feel the inner, savage strength that we all have within us."

Lovey nodded with approval and belayed enthusiasm. "I would love to see that," she said. "It'd be so much better than just sitting around all day and breathing while your teacher constantly falls asleep."

Back at the garden, the Pueric Mother screamed so loud that the glass panes cracked and the mountain trembled.

"GET HER BACK!" she yelled at Zoonzu and Scarlet. "We need her here, and she's not ready for the savage dragons. They'll rip her apart!"

"But I don't know where she could have gone!" Scarlet cried. "I don't know where to start!"

"Then let me use a..." The colossal dragoness stopped for a moment and tapped her chin. "Hmmm," she hummed. "Actually, I want you two to shadow her. This will be a good lesson to one so set on being so 'masculine' all the time without any real reason and no one to support her."

"What if she gets something wrong?"

Scarlet looked at the giant with confusion. "Don't you mean what if she gets into trouble?"

"Uhh...Oh. You're right!" Zoonzu cheered.

"Then you intervene and bring her back, but only do so if you really, REALLY think she needs the help. Alright?"

"Yes," the two answered the Pueric Mother.

"Then let us see where she is headed off to." The mother grabbed several different ingredients from around her and prepared various mortars and cauldrons. "You'll see where she's going, and I'll see more deeply inside of her." The colossus chuckled and smiled melancholically. "It has been centuries since I saw someone like her."

Author's Note:

I've got a special thing that might come up, provided I can focus again.