• Published 4th Apr 2017
  • 4,735 Views, 348 Comments

Lovie Dovie - The Psychopath



A man obsessed with his masculinity becomes a tiny, female dragon that is designed around hearts to an extreme. He tries to live through this 'horror' while working with an extremely important association of dragons.

  • ...
22
 348
 4,735

Pink Suggestion

"You need to let yourself go and figure out why the spell took you here," the First explained.

Lovey blinked. "What."

"You heard me." The 'fins' of the serpent fluttered in response, releasing several spore-like orbs of vibrant colors. "The spells only take those that have the potential for love in their hearts. If you look like this, then it means your potential was too much for the spell to contain and it...for lack of a better term...erm...'hemorrhaged out'." The serpent almost gagged when she said that.

"What are you talking about? Men can love women and their children. Hell, they can even love their pets, but that's it. They're not supposed to display anything 'weak' like that."

"And I suppose it's your 'society' that told you to do this?" the First raised an eyebrow.

"Y...N...I don't know."

The serpent opened her eyes a little more to creep out Lovey. "Ahhh. I see. Well, if we follow your 'logic'," she mocked. "Then, because you're now a female, you should stay at your home and clean or something stupid like that." She leaned in close to the pink dragoness and whispered to her. "I don't really know the sexual standards of other species. I just randomly cobbled those things together."

"...You're a real weirdo." Lovey struggled to get out of the First's grip but failed. "So, what am I supposed to call you? 'The First'? 'FIRST Lovie Dovie'?"

"Emboreale."

"What?"

"Emboreale. It's my name since-" She looked behind herself and fluttered her transparent wings, creating more rapid 'undersea light' effects.

"Oh. Okay then." Lovey looked away and scrunched her lower lip.

Emboreale sported another of smug smiles again and dropped the dragoness in between her coiled body and twirled around once more to lie down right next to the stunned Lovey Dovey.

"You love my name, don't you?"

"N-no. It's okay."

Emboreale chuckled. "I knew there was ONE thing I could get you to admit that you love."

Lovey blushed. "I SAID I DON'T LOVE IT!" she yelled.

The serpent squished her face between her hands and teased the little dragoness. "You're even flustered and blushing!"

The pink dragoness turned red and her mouth started sparking.

"Hoo hoo. Someone's touchy." Emboreale snorted. "Go ahead. Blow you fire. It won't do anything here. I can't be harmed by such a tiny, uncontrolled flame, and all of this is mountain rock coupled with plant life that evolved to only emerge when my light is around and its safe. Have your temper tantrum because someone is teasing."

"That's not teasing! You're making fun of me!"

Emboreale rolled her eyes. "Yes. I am using your anger to make my tea."

Some of the pink 'lava' from her time in the crater leaked out again and hit the serpent, sizzling and slowly solidifying on her splendid scales. A giant claw broke the cooled 'rock' off and she clamped a piece between her claws for closer inspection.

"You can't even control your fire glands, sure, but this? Never seen this before. You're literally creating lava in your own body with your anger."

"And?!"

The dragon looked from the stone to the dragoness at her center. "Not sure. You could be killing yourself, honestly, and that won't get you back home. Might I suggest you figure out a way to calm yourself until you find the source of your frustration?"

"Oliver, you shouldn't take that from him. He's your age. Just beat him up! I don't care if the teachers take his side. The important thing is that I'M taking your side. Men don't allow others to slander them and hit them without responding."

"No, you may not," Lovey responded.

"Well that's too bad, because I already did," Emboreale quipped. When Lovey refused to cool off, the serpent nuzzled herself on her body and stared at the pink dragoness. "It doesn't matter. I can wait. I've been down here for a very long time, so there's no rush, really."

Those words struck a chord in Lovey, and she immediately started to calm down. Her mouth fizzed into little more than a few pops of smoke, then nothing.

"What do you mean? How long have you been down here, exactly. How OLD are you?" Lovey asked.

"Well...by pony standards, I would be about nine-thousand years old. As for how long I've been down here?" She tapped her claws on her serpentine body. "Probably seven thousand? Us serpentine dragons can live for an insanely long amount of time. It's why I figured I should go somewhere close to these dragons but not so far, so that a successor could take my place and change the way they do things.Having the same leader creates stagnation, which isn't good for the development of a group."

"So, instead of going somewhere where you would be free to move, you just sat here? Trapped between black walls?"

"Yup!" Emboreale answered cheerfully.

Lovey looked disgusted. "What? Why?! Because others told you to do that?"

"You're the last dragon who should be telling someone not to listen to what others say and tell them to."

The pink dragoness opened her mouth to say something, but closed it shortly afterwards.

"I told you that I came down here to stay close to them while not intervening directly anymore. Plus, I serve as an advisor."

"But you're essentially trapped down here. Why not just leave and stretch your...b...t...self..." Lovey struggled.

"Because then I wouldn't be able to advise the pueric mothers that come down here."

Lovey dragged a hand across her face."That's not what I mean."

Emboreale huffed. "I have a duty to which I attend to with fervor. You should try that too."

"So am I just going to sit here with you and get into morality arguments or can I leave?"

"I was hoping we could get into fights and then destroy the whole volcano in a flurry of 'savage' retorts."

Lovey crossed her arms. "You like your sarcasm, don't you?"

Emboreale looked at the little dragoness with a wide mouth and equally wide, open eyes, silently implying 'You don't say?'. Lovey exhaled in annoyance.


The pony strolled casually through Ranchefort, greeting everyone around that they came across. They were enjoying a little stroll through the streets, but their good mood was almost ruined when they saw a red behemoth working at a construction site, then tapped their chest. The size, reminding them of Celestia, prevented them from registering the red coat.

"Princesses," They mentally spat. "I hate them. I hate her! They already know about the rightful revolution against the violent dragons. I have to keep them from ruining my plans. If they destroy it, too many will die. Don't want any deaths."


Celestia was sitting on her throne, reading a list of parchments from a large pile next to said throne. She was concerned.

"Violent altercations have been erupting everywhere. Several cities sustained massive damage." She clenched her teeth. "Even I had to intervene when dragons and ponies started a battle that could have escalated into a war."

The alicorn dropped the parchments and put her face into her hooves to hide her despair. The guards around the throne room looked at her, concerned.

"This...this idiot is really trying to incite a war between the ponies and the dragons. I've already been hearing slander about them in Canterlot, and the dragons themselves have also been starting fights outside their usual motives," she thought to herself.

She rummaged through the pile of parchments and levitated several in front of her. "Why would this character incite both sides? HOW are they even inciting both sides? What would they gain if both sides went to war? They're not a dragon, otherwise they wouldn't manage to incite the ponies, and they aren't a pony, otherwise they wouldn't manage to incite the dragons." Celestia tapped her chin pensively. "Changelings? No. This wouldn't supply them with love, only hate. It could be...No. He wouldn't be interested in a ruined Equestria."

The alicorn's head was starting to overheat. There were too many inconsistencies in this tale. Even the prospect of a partnership didn't make sense. While it was the most logical idea, both sides would be preparing their own people for a war rather than a surprise attack. It was as if there was no viable reason for any of this. Even the more 'fanatic groups' had an underlying agenda, as crazy as they usually were.

"Sister," a rested voice called out. "Still wracking your head over this conundrum?"

"Princess Luna!" one of the guards saluted her.

"At ease, guard."

"Lulu. Is it that late already?"

"I've already told you not to call me that, and yes. You have been here trying to find the culprits?"

"Yes. My investigators and spies are also in the field, trying to discover who it is, but they're way too discreet. I have no idea who it is, and neither do they. I even sent one of my paladins there as a backup when they find them and things get out of hoof, but nothing!" she yelled to the ceiling.

"Easy, sister! You'll hurt yourself if you get too angry."

"You're right!...You're right," Celestia trailed off while her voice lowered in volume.

"You've ruled out the possibilities?"

"Yes. It can't be just one, but it can't be either. Neither side would do that to themselves. The usual dragons are too stubborn and egotistical to care about each other, and most ponies wouldn't even bother trying something like that. Some might take heed, but most wouldn't condone such behavior."

"Then why would so many follow this one? Are you certain they're not preying upon the deep-rooted fears of those already living on the borders? Dragons are dangerous creatures, you know."

"True, but the Emperor gave me his word that he wouldn't let any of them attack us."

Luna looked down in thought. "Didn't the Emperor change? Isn't it Ember now?"

"Yes, but Twilight and her friend Spike told me that there was nothing to worry about."

Luna shrugged. "Because they saw her and know her, but those on the border don't know that."

"She's refused every public appearance I've asked of her! The first I've ever seen of her was at the meeting chamber of he Lovie Dovies!" Celestia exclaimed. "It's like she doesn't care what the dragons are doing."

"Well, ask the lovie dovies for more help. I'm not sure what they do, but with a name like that, I'm certain they would be very helpful with these problems. Send a messenger to them, and take care of the ponies instead."

"Y...You're right." Celestia lit up with realization. "I've been trying to take care of both problems. I need to find a solution for my side and let the dragons take care of their own." Celestia stood up and hugged her sister. "Thank you, Lulu."

Princess Luna veered her head away from her sister when she saw the decrepit, horribly fatigued look she sported. Her eyes looked ready to go on vacation, and her face seemed to have melted.

"Y-yes. That's nice." She held in the need to puke. "Now go to bed."