• Published 4th Apr 2017
  • 4,734 Views, 348 Comments

Lovie Dovie - The Psychopath



A man obsessed with his masculinity becomes a tiny, female dragon that is designed around hearts to an extreme. He tries to live through this 'horror' while working with an extremely important association of dragons.

  • ...
22
 348
 4,734

They're just falling from the sky!

Lovey was awoken by a loud explosion and debris plonking her on the head multiple times.

"Lovey, wake up!" Scarlet shouted? "We're being attacked!"

The red dragoness punched another incoming stone while Zoonzu amused herself by running around and catching the boulders in mid air. One of the smaller lovies stopped her and told her something Lovey couldn't hear, but she understood when Zoonzu started lobbing the boulders playfully over the wall, even going so far as to hit a large dragon flying in the air further away. The other massive dragons followed her example and started lobbing the blocks over head and into the would-be attackers.

"What's going on?!" Lovey asked.

"I just told you!" Scarlet shouted. "While you were sleeping...somehow..." Scarlet's yell shifted into a confused, judgemental tone. "This large group of dragons came out of nowhere, with one yelling at us for 'holding back dragon kind' or something absurd like that."

Lovey was clearly apathetic to the whole situation. "So? It's not like they can come in here easily. They'd be stupid to try that."

"There's some!" a male voice shouted.

Lovey leaned over from her sitting spot to see two dragons around Scarlet's size rushing in. The shifting of posture showed Lovey the presence of large chimneys of smoke rising from the gardens.

"Oh..." Lovey trailed off.

Scarlet ducked a punch by the male dragon and punched him in the gut, the hardened lava around her fists creating overheated sparks. She followed with an uppercut and an elbow bash into his chest to throw him further away. The dragoness accompanying him tried to tail whip Scarlet in the face, but that only served to give the red dragoness something to grab. The attacker was hoisted into the air then slammed onto the ground, inches from Lovey who cursed at the red giant. Scarlet spun the intruder around then threw her into her companion, throwing the two through a bush-wall.

Scarlet panted and rubbed her forehead. "Come on, Lovey. We have to get you to a safer place while we deal with this."

"Somewhere safer? Where? The tower?!" She slapped Scarlet's outstretched hand away angrily. "No! I'm going to get Pueric. It's time her lazy ass does something for once."

The tiny dragoness rushed forward, despite Scarlet's protests, and used her 'small' size to navigate the damaged walls and the rocks left over from attacks. Her behavior actually surprised the red giant, but Scarlet had no time to follow her friend due to the influx of more invaders. Lovey's trip through the battlefield and towards the tower showed her quite a bit of carnage. Lovies and 'regular' dragons embroiled in combat, with fire and fists flying every which way. The pink dragoness was almost engulfed by a stray fireball deflected by a giant dragon, easily around Zoonzu's size. This was no lovie dovie. This one was cruel and kicked the two lovies backing away from it far out into the garden, taking it upon herself to change direction and go towards said tower.

The pink dragoness snuck around, doing her best to avoid being spotted by the intruders even though some of them still saw her and chased after. Lovey was still capable of defending herself against those around her size. Even those technically taller than her had trouble, mainly because Oliver had learned a thing or two when he was growing up: Just because someone is taller than you doesn't mean they're any stronger. It's also easier to get them off balance due to higher center of gravity, but you need to know where you need to hit, after all.

About an hour had passed already when Lovey had awoken, and the colossus had to deal with many waves of lovies attacking her, the dragons around her size being preoccupied by the same sized dragons charging in from the outside. Lovey was panting like crazy, rubbing her forehead of moisture while she rested in the shadows of piled stones.

She huffed longly and peeked through a crack to see the colossus making her way forehead. "The hell is this? A kaiju movie? I'm not yet used to this body like I should be after that...release..." she spoke with disgust. She looked at her hands and flexed her claws, then looked at her feet and her clawed toes there as well. She took a deep breath and clenched her fists. "I'm still a dragon, so I can still do this. I just have to go next to her and rushed towards the Pueric Mother." She took another peek and pumped herself up with a punch to her chest. "Okay, let's do this!"

Lovey hadn't even taken a step that the entire tower exploded outwards, hitting the approaching colossus multiple times. The stones, despite having been thrown outwards, refused to fall, and after a certain distance had been met, remained in place, slowly rotating from whatever kinetic force had cast them out in the first place.

"Is that the leader of these offense against dragon kind?" the colossus yelled.

"Yes it is," Pueric answered from the screen of dust.

"Then come and face me. We'll take care of this dragoness-to-dragoness."

The colossus flexed her claws and aimed her glare straight ahead, anticipating whatever attack Pueric might perform once she was out of the smoke. Her loud steps indicated how close she was to the colossus, but something was...off for her. The shadow through the smoke did not stop at her eye-height. It went higher, and higher, and higher! And the colossus' will to fight went lower, and lower, and lower...

A massive hand grabbed her, squeezed her tightly, and lifted her up to the face of the angry old dragoness. "You attack MY home and then come to kill me?!" she yelled.

Her voice was so strong it deafened everyone nearby and caused much of the fighting to stop for a short few seconds as the intruders stared, gawking at the literal titan standing in front of them all. Pueric wasted no time throwing the colossus hard into the ground then stomping hard on her, creating a depression beneath her foot.

"You all will get out as well!" she shouted. "Filthy invaders destroying centuries of hard work in minutes!"

The titan started focusing threads of magic between her fingers and pointed her open palms to each other, letting the magic meld and focus together into a thrumming ball of unstable 'silk' sparking and writhing in every direction.

"No lovie dovies shall be cast away! Only the filth that contaminates our gardens!"

She straightened out her hands upwards, then with a slight rotation of her wrists, pointed her left hand forward and the right to herself. A beige orb expanded from the silken orb between her hands. It started slowly, then became an almost instantaneous dome surrounding the whole garden and beyond. The colossus smashed into the ground was thrown out the crater and far away into the air. Fights stopped just as quickly from the invaders being thrown away like garbage. There was one issue, however, when the expansion had started.

"What's...going...on?!" Lovey strained.

She was pushing against the dome while others phased through it. They didn't understand the situation and only watched, their brains still processing the event. Lovey's little feet were digging into the muddy grounds as did a few other of the invaders, but her efforts were for naught, as she was thrown away like the rest.

"Lovey!" Pueric shouted.

It was too late, however. The tiny pink dragoness was flung out of the gardens like the intruders were, and the Pueric Mother had no way of stopping the spell. On Lovey's end, flying against your will was one thing, but it was another for one who couldn't even use her wings. She was obligated to use her tail to direct herself to the larger dragons and use their bodies to brace for the impact, impact being just as heavy as the force that launched everyone. Dragons landed like sport balls, bouncing up and down and spreading along the ground before coming to a halt. The smaller dragons were thrown that much further, as was Lovey when the force of the landing of the large dragon she clung to transferred to her and sent her flying even further away.

"Why didn't the spell protect her?!" Pueric panicked. "It was supposed to protect all Lovie Dovies!"

"Because she doesn't see herself as one, and that likely will never change," Emboreale explained.

The titan turned to see the serpent walking along the ground, her colors slightly faded. She shielded her eyes from the sunlight and audibly demonstrated her displeasure and pain.

"I should've gotten out of the volcano a long time ago."

"What are you doing out here?!" Pueric whisper-yelled.

"I've seen through you and that pink 'thing' that the path the lovies have taken is distorted from the original, even with my presence. It seems I needed to be a bit more 'present' for that."

"Then--"

"I'm going after Lovey. I'm bringing her back."

"After you've been dormant underneath for so long?" Pueric worried.

Emboreale huffed. "I warmed up coming up here."


Celestia was in the gardens, having a discussion with a gardener about what flowers to use for the new castle decorations for the upcoming festival dedicated to the young talents of her school. They were in a long debate about using purple or orange when a guard rushed to the two, interrupted their discussion.

"Princess Celestia!" she shouted. "An urgent letter for you! Like, really REALLY urgent!" she insisted.

"Hoof it here, then!" Celestia said.

The pegasus passed the letter to the white alicorn who took no time opening it with her magic and reading the contents.

"What is the meaning of this?!" she bellowed.

The gardener and guard both flinched from the sudden yell.

"The dragons are attacking our settlements?! What about the Red Sun?"

"W-well," the guard started. "I don't know much, but I'm guessing that whoever was at the head of this problem saw this happening and went ahead with whatever plan they had."

"The letter even says that the ponies have added into it! The guards of the towns and cities have given the willing civilians weapons to fight back." She lowered the letter and looked to the guard. "Get as many ponies to alert the generals to the council room. This might be a war, even if it was caused by an outside party."