• Published 12th Mar 2017
  • 8,957 Views, 1,391 Comments

Yes, My Lady - Tatsurou



Scootaloo must step into her inheritance, protecting Equestria from devious criminals and dark conspiracies alike, all while staying close to her friends. Thankfully, she's got the help of one devil of a butler.

  • ...
15
 1,391
 8,957

Chapter 34

As Scootaloo slowly crawled her way towards wakefulness, she found herself completely content. She found no moment of disorientation when she thought she was still Young Sunrise, with her parents still alive to take care of everything. She found no time of dismay as she was forced to marshal her emotions and gain absolute control of herself to face the day. She didn't even find a moment of cold loneliness as she forced herself to shoulder the weight of the world alone.

She did, however, find all her female friends staring at her with expressions ranging from squeeing to stifled laughter. "What?" she grumbled irritably as she snuggled deeper into the warmth all around her.

"Nothin'!" Apple Bloom responded immediately.

"It's just..." Silver Spoon began, struggling to contain her amusement.

"I thought nobles were more insistent about waiting until after marriage," Diamond offered teasingly, an almost wicked smirk on her face.

"It's just so cute!" Sweetie Belle squealed happily.

Scootaloo blinked as she struggled to make sense of what they were saying...only for Bluebottle to pull her closer in a cuddle. "...five more minutes, dearest...you're too early..." His horn glowed as curtains were pulled shut to block out the early sunlight, making the other fillies giggle all the more.

Scootaloo's cheeks turned bright red as she realized the situation. The reason she slept so well and woke up completely at peace...was because after the party she'd given Bluebottle the one present he really wanted, to sleep cuddled up together. "BB!" she hissed out insistently. "Our friends are in here!"

"Then they can call room service in an hour," Bluebottle responded sleepily, only pulling Scootaloo tighter. "That's a good time for breakfast, plenty of pillows..."

Scootaloo groaned in frustrated embarrassment. One thing about Bluebottle, he was a very slow riser in the morning. About the only way she could get him up-

A cane suddenly lashed past the fillies, striking Bluebottle where his neck met his shoulders and sending him tumbling as he came fully awake. "Up!" Granny Smith snapped. "Ah rise with the roosters, and if'n ya want mah trainin', so da you!"

"I'm up!" Bluebottle declared eagerly, shooting to his hooves only to slam into the dresser. "...ow..."

Granny frowned thoughtfully. "We gotta lot o' work ta do here..." she grumbled to herself.

Scootaloo sighed in relief. The one thing that would always wake Bluebottle up immediately was a promise of adventure...or of something that could prepare him for adventure. Pushing herself up, she allowed Sebastian to move in to escort her away for her morning ablutions. "You didn't see fit to step in back there?" she mused dryly to him.

"It was not my place," Sebastian murmured softly. "It was your choice to share a bed with Bluebottle, and your choice to invite your friends to sleep over here, and your choice not to lock your bed chamber. I am certain they will not question your virtue over this."

Scootaloo rolled her eyes. "None of them would spread rumors. If anything, they'll just tease me outrageously." As her thoughts turned back to how it felt to sleep in her fiance's embrace, she found herself smiling gently. "But not for too long..."

"They would not want to risk dissuading you from something that brought you such true joy," Sebastian agreed, his voice curiously neutral. "All of them can tell that such moments of joy and contentment are few and far between in your life."

Scootaloo turned to stare at Sebastian, frowning in thought. There was something...off about how he made that observation. "What's gotten into you?" she asked incisively.

"It is nothing important, my lady," Sebastian assured her. "Merely idle thoughts of no moment. Equestria is...very different than what I am used to, in more ways than anticipated."

Scootaloo raised an inquisitive eyebrow. "You aren't going soft, are you?"

"Heaven forbid."

"I'll just bet they do," Scootaloo joked, making them both chuckle.


Once her bath and breakfast was finished, Scootaloo turned her attention back to matters of Lucretia's hive. While she hadn't received a report from King Crimson yet, she wasn't the sort to sit back and let others do her work for her. Instead, she focused on those nobles she'd recognized at the monastery, investigating their comings and goings to see if she could determine how they'd become aware of the cult and trace that back to how their message was spreading without coming to the attention of the Princesses. She was using the room in her Ponyville residence that she'd transformed into an office while the other girls were watching BB getting trained by Granny Smith. She wanted to have a course of action ready, or at the very least some sort of idea.

She was startled out of her research as Sebastian suddenly lunged, seizing a snake that had slithered into the house. "Sebastian, the animals around here are all pretty much tame thanks to Fluttershy-"

"This is no true serpent," Sebastian growled out as he lifted the crimson reptile.

"You ssssspy true," the serpent hissed softly. "I am of Frenzzzzzy. I bring messsssage from my King, by the Treaty."

Scootaloo's ears immediately perked up. "I'm ready to hear it."

"Lucretia'ssss Hive remainssss hidden," the serpent explained. "Ssssseveral infiltratorsssss have fallen, ssssspotted by Lucretia'ssss agents in their outpossssstsss. Lasssst messssage from them told of dark place, and Lucretia'ssss face. She killsssss them hersssself."

"So if Lucretia's agents discover an enemy agent among their 'faithful', she has them bring them to her?" she mused idly, making Sebastian stiffen. He plainly knew what she was thinking.

"And all with them," the serpent confirmed. "Regretfully, ssssssome poniessss fell assss well, taken to Lucretia. We know not what became of them. Apologiesssss from infiltratorssss and King."

"Apology accepted," Scootaloo offered immediately. "This is very useful intelligence, against a very significant enemy."

"Were there any among those taken who have been seen again since as themselves?" Sebastian asked quickly.

"Only thosssse connected to nobles high in the chain," the disguised Changeling explained. "Time short. I go." With that, he slipped out of Sebastian's grasp and slithered away.

Sebastian turned to Scootaloo, ready to caution her against whatever plan she had...only to see an absolutely stricken expression across her face. "...my lady?" he asked worriedly.

"Sebastian, find out if Blueblood is still in town," she offered quietly. "I want to talk with him privately."

Sebastian stared at her for a time, taking in her absolutely devastated expression. He realized what she planned to do, and how much it hurt her to know it was necessary. He bowed low. "Yes, my lady."