• Published 4th Jul 2012
  • 1,006 Views, 13 Comments

The Meaning of Life - Falgantil



My experience of Equestria, but quite a different tale than the usual.

  • ...
1
 13
 1,006

And that is the honest truth

Chapter 6
And that is the honest truth

As much as I want to prevent the event from happening, I cannot think of a single way. So I decide to let things have their way, and who knows what will happen.

“So, are we going to stand here all day?” Octavia looks at me with a unsure smile on her face.

“I guess not...” I don't want to do this.

I lift my hoof and knock. Scratch that, I really don't want to do this.

A muffled voice rings from within the library. “Geez, guys, I wonder who that can be.” Sounds like Twilight.
Different muffled voices sounds from within, and moments later a click sounds from the lock, and Twilight opens the door. For a moment she simply stands there, looking at me. Probably waiting for me to say something. I can't. For some reason, my body has frozen down, and refuses to act.

“Uhm, may I help you...?”

At this point I guess my brain has shut down due to too much to process. I cannot think of anything to say, so I instinctively reply with some mumbling.

“Uhm, well... Erh...”

Suddenly Pinkie Pie jumps up behind Twilight.

“Twilight, tell me who it-...” She lets out another squeak, then pulls me inside the library, and out of nowhere she pulls out her party cannon and pulls the fuse.

“Darling, no!” Rarity says, accompanied by an “Oh boy” from Applejack.

In a matter of seconds, the entire library is festively decorated. Somewhere in all the noise, I hear Twilight let out a little laugh and say “Oh Pinkie...”.

Welcome, welcome, welcome!
A fine welcome to you!
Welcome, welcome, welcome!
I say, how do you do?

Welcome, welcome,-...

Rainbow Dash cuts her off by dragging me out of Pinkie Pies reach. “Okay, Pinks, that's enough messing with Twilight's friend. That's MY job”. She then continues to grab me in a headlock and starts rubbing my noggin.

“What do you mean 'My friend', Rainbow?” Twilight says.

For a moment, Rainbow Dash is frozen. Then she slowly lets go of me, and again I am the center of attention.

“Yeah... He told me You know each other...” Rainbow states.

Well, I guess it is now or never. “Alright, I can explain” I begin, before realizing this is the initiation sentence of any madmans explanation. And come to think of it, this is a madmans explanation as well, so maybe it fits. “Twilight, I'm counting on you knowing a bit here, alright?”

“Knowing what? I don't even know who you are, or what I'm supposed to know!”

“Okay, I guess I should start from the beginning of the tale. And Octavia, now you're going to get the long version. You might all want to sit down...”

I'm sorry Luna” I quietly think.

“I'm not actually from here.” I'd expect this to raise a few eyebrows, but come to think about it, that doesn't sound odd. “No, I mean from Equestria. Or anywhere in this world, at all.” As expected, this raises quite a few more eyebrows.
I continue to tell the tale of my life the past couple of days. About how I got here, who I met, why I actually fainted, what happened in my dream, and so forth. As my tale came to an end, they were all sitting down with an faceless expression.

“So... That's pretty much what happened. Now you also know why I had to say what I said, Octavia.” I look down in shame, afraid to meet any of their gazes.

“A... Human...” It was Twilight who broke their silence. “I don't recall ever reading about this 'human' specie. But like you said, Celestia and Luna hushed it all up, so I guess it makes sense.”

“But Pinkie, darling, why ever have you not told anyone?”

“Told anyone what?” Pinkie replies.

“How 'bout that ya go to a human world e'ry now and then?” Applejack joins in.

“Oh, that. Well, its just because there are these really great berries there, and they taste super extra special good with a new recipe I've made And I didn't actually know it was a different world, I just thought it looked weird when I just walked through a forest. So I thought 'why would I need to tell anyone about this' because I didn't see any reason why I would, which reminds me that I need to go pick more berries. Maybe I should try mixing them with whip cream and see how that tastes!”

“Aaand we're off topic.” Rainbow says, then grabs Pinkies tail before she runs off.

“Well, I just HAVE to say, you humans do seem to enjoy “pouring a thick layer of butter” on stories, so to speak” Rarity says

“What do you mean?” I asked, confused by this statement.

“Well, although the stories you're telling about us really has happened, I must say that they are quite sugarcoated. Take for example the fight I had with Sweetie Belle. She didn't exactly just simply forgive me after I played the games with her. No matter.”

“So anyway... Where's Fluttershy?” I ask, trying to change subject.

“Oh, geez Fluttershy, get out from back there!” Rainbow Dash sighs, before grabbing behind the couch and pulls out a yellow pegasus. As Rainbow lets go of her, she sits down on the couch, lets out a squeak and starts swaying her gaze between me and the floor.

“Yeah she's kinda shy 'round new people. But ah' guess ya knew that, since we don't exist and all.”

“Oh come on Applejack, he didn't mean it like that. Did you?” Twilight looks at me with a questioning expression on her face.

“No, not at all!” I reply.

“This has got to be the first time in a while I don't know what to say” Twilight states.

“Well, you all wanna hear my view of things?”

“Ah' think ya said quite enough already!” Applejack says.

“Now now, Applejack, let him talk. He is just as much pony as-.. Well, go on.”

I'd always thought Applejack would be the nicest of the two, but it seems that despite her being the element of honesty, she's not quite as friendly around new people as Rarity. Although I do think it has to do with what I just said.

“Well, it my opinion it doesn't matter what strangers think or say. What's important in life is that you do what makes you happy, and that you share these moments with those you love. Because no matter how long or short life may be, it will be complete. Because what more could you ask for that friends and memories that you've shared with them?”

As I finish, the room is silent. A split second later Octavia retreats from planting a quick kiss on my cheek.

Wow, did this really happen? Did Octavia really just kiss me?

“Wow” It was Rainbow who broke the endless silence.

“Oh.. yes, wow” Rarity adds in.

Octavia looks away and mutters “I'm sorry, I guess I got caught up in the moment...”

“Its... Alright” I say. Again, awkward silence.

“So..!” Twilight accidentally yells out in an attempt to break the silence.

“Right, yes I think I should probably get going.” I say. Anything to get me out of this embarrassing situation, and to get a chance to talk with Octavia in private.

“I must take my leave as well” Octavia says, and follows me out the door.

Comments ( 1 )

nice story, a little bit rushed but still realy nice:twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment