• Published 31st Jan 2017
  • 239 Views, 2 Comments

A General's past - Obsidian Blaze



A revile of General Obsidian Blaze's past

  • ...
 2
 239

Simulation

"General, hostile changelings!" yelled one of the stallions.

"They hunt you and threaten this land, show them what a knight of the order is." Obsidian Blaze's father instructed.

"There's the one that killed the queen!" one of the changelings yelled as the rest hissed.

"For Equestria!" Obsidian Blaze yelled drawing his new blade and flying towards the changelings.

"The Obsidian Blade only shows itself to those of great honor and loyalty." the orange changeling spirit stated.

"And those of great valor and honesty." the purple changeling spirit added. "It has been ages since that blade has shown itself." she continued. As the three spirits spoke Obsidian Blaze cut though several changelings before being forced to retreat.

"Hostiles within defensive cannon range." Starbane stated as a barrage of red beams burst though the air. The cannons, cutting down the rest of the changelings, nearly hit the two dropships in the process.

"General has command." Starbane stated as Obsidian Blaze walked onto the bridge of the vessel. "General, in your abstinence I was able to identify and revitalize several training simulations." Starbane continued.

"Alright run the first one, lets see what the troops can do." Obsidian Blaze ordered.

"All troops prepare for battle simulation T21-25, Objective- eliminate hostile forces." Starbane stated over the NER Starbane's intercom. The front window became covered in red flame, dissipating shortly after to revile a battlefield filled with ships similar to the NER Starbane, the warships immediately opened fire on the Starbane.

"General, arcane barriers taking damage!" a stallion yelled, turning from a monitor.

"Defensive canons at 65% Sir!" another yelled.

"Starbane, search systems for something we can use immediately." Obsidian Blaze commanded.

"Affirmative, system scan in progress." Starbane replied. "Main gun systems detected, charging." Starbane continued affter a few moments.

"You, on the main gun!" Obsidian Blaze yelled at an idle stallion. Nodding the stallion got to a computer.

"Main gun, 25% Sir!" the stallion yelled.

"Initiating defensive cannon fire!" yelled the stallion looking over the ship's defensive cannons.

"Arcane barriers at 50% General!" a mare yelled out.

"Main gun ready to fire!" yelled the stallion on the main gun controls.

"Initiating main gun firing sequences." Starbane announced as a red glow grew between the prongs jutting from the bow of the Starbane.

"Starbane, aim for the command ship." Obsidian Blaze ordered calmly.

"Command ship sighted, barriers offline." Starbane stated as a much larger ship appeared. "Firing main gun." Starbane continued as the red orb forming at the bow of the ship shot off. The main gun's arcane round smashed though the hulls of multiple dreadnoughts before it detonated, clearing the area of hostile ships. "Warning hostile command ship barriers now active." Starbane stated, shuffling in what appeared to be fear.

"Train all weapons on that ship!" Obsidian Blaze screamed as a barrage of red beams hurled ahead, impacting on the larger vessel. The targeting screen indicated the shields of the command ship to be at 33%, being the shields just started charging.

"Fighter systems detected, deploying." Starbane stated just before small, fast moving craft zoomed forward. The small fighters swarmed the command ship pestering it's defenses as the Starbane's main gun charged. "Main gun charged, recalling fighters." Starbane stated as the dozens of fighters returned.

"Fire." Obsidian Blaze ordered with a growl. As the red bolt conected with the command ship it exploded raining fire down on the hills below.

"Simulation complete, mission accomplished." Starbane stated as the red flame on the front window of the Starbane dissipated.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment