• Published 20th Jan 2017
  • 772 Views, 75 Comments

Sombra's Soliloquy - cierragp



The label of villian had stuck firmly. There was no escape for Sombra, haunted by his own past, and his love for the Lunar Princess.

  • ...
 75
 772

Update - Extension

Had insanity consumed him?

In the mirror, he could no longer see the enchanting, flickering shadow. It was there before.

The Lunar Princess.

He knew that if he were dead, she would find no more cause to live anymore. She had lost everything - her title, her reputation, and her sister.

But he knew, as he stood at the cliff, wearing a crude stone ring around his horn to block his magic from acting up, that if he lived, she would not cease her mission until she found him.

He had hurt an innocent filly because of the magic.

He wanted desperately to slice it off, to relieve himself of the pains of magic. It was too painful. Both choices brought pain. Then he wondered if she truly loved him anymore. He was a monster, a abomination - no longer the scholar he had been before. Oh how he wished he could've corrected this mistake.

It started simply enough.

He loved the Lunar Princess. She loved him back.

But apparently Celestia wasn't happy. She was a god, and she had what she wanted. She wanted her sister to cease loving him.

At that time, if he had gotten rid of himself or disappeared, it wouldn't have been so hard. It was just starting.

But he turned into a monster, she was banished, and Celestia triumphed. 1-0. No second chances.

He wouldn't trust himself around anything. Anything, even a patch of grass. He ruined his only comfort - the library.

And now, he couldn't even shed a single tear for what he had done. Celestia held complete control.

He was now a marionette at the mercy of her - a mere puppet, but he would continue his facade to keep her safe. Celestia's wrath was not to be tested. Both of them had bore it and survived - but they would not be able to do so a second time. The Solar Goddess was all powerful and mighty - she had the entire nation, an army and the love of the citizens. He was now known as a tyrant, an evil being.

How twisted had fate became? To present him with the luxury of love only to cruelly snatch it away?

Author's Note:

Going to extend this later.

Comments ( 2 )

This is good

8474054
Thank you ! I'm glad you enjoyed it

Login or register to comment